Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features (27032 Views)

Iphone 13 Pro Max Design, Release Date And Price In Nigeria / Design Of Iphone 13, Iphone 13 Pro Max, Iphone 13 Mini (leaked) / Apple To Release iPhone 13 In September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by SweetBuns(f): 7:47am On Aug 31, 2021
Iphone 13 Rumored To Have The Feature Of Communicating With Space Satellites

Apple plans to let you connect your iPhone to satellites so you can contact emergency services in areas that don’t have cellular coverage, according to a new Bloomberg report.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-30/apple-plans-to-add-satellite-features-to-iphones-for-emergencies?sref=9hGJlFio

Bloomberg’s article was published after Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said Sunday that the iPhone 13 may be able to make satellite calls. Kuo often reveals details about Apple’s plans before the company officially announces them, but Bloomberg’s sources indicate that Apple’s approach for iPhone satellite connectivity may be more limited to start.

One feature, called Emergency Message via Satellite, will let you text emergency services and emergency contacts when you don’t have a cell signal by harnessing a satellite network, according to Bloomberg. These messages will have a length limit and be represented as a grey bubble instead of the green used for SMS messages and the blue used for iMessages. And when you’re sending one of these messages to an emergency contact, it will reportedly push through even if they have Do Not Disturb mode turned on, which could help ensure that your message is seen.

The new satellite link features, if they are released, could help ease fears about being able to contact emergency services in a time of need or when you’re away from a cellular network. There’s also the possibility the features could provide another way to get in touch with emergency services in the event of 911 outages, which do happen occasionally.

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/8/30/22649340/apple-iphone-13-satellite-connectivity-emergency

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by iTroll: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2021
This is what you called INNOVATION

Bringing in something new. Something fresh to the smartphone arena and playground

Unlike some local champions who scream they’re the best in Africa everyday yet all they know how to do is churn out hot plates and call it phones

I didn’t call names o. If you say tecno and infinix or itel, na your Wahala be dat o

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by 88boys: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2021
iTroll:

Bringing in something new. Something fresh to the smartphone arena and playground

Unlike some local champions who scream they’re the best in Africa everyday yet all they know how to do is churn out hot plates and call it phones

I didn’t call names o. If you say tecno and infinix or itel, na your Wahala be dat o
It’s too early
Stop looking for trouble �

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Kayberg: 8:23am On Aug 31, 2021
The world is innovating in extreme technology. But one country in the neck of Africa when it faces the Atlantic is still tackling Hydro Power Plant. Maintaining Hydro has been a huge problem, but they wanted to jump into Nuclear Power Plant.

Their roads are still top notch from behind and reverse. Insecurity is on maximum level from code red, hunger is on the best level on code red, everything is on red alert but everyone just love the red colour like it's a norm.

People are being killed, murdered, abducted, forced to pay ransom for being kidnapped, everyone are only talking and forgetting it just as everyone are still enduring like a frog in a warming up pot of water on fire in the name of "I can adapt."

Cows became main focus for survival at the detriment of human lives and resources. Farmlands became animal feeds. Human blood became manure. Slain bodies became fertilizers. Terrorism became a norm. Kidnapping labeled a business.

Who have we offended that these things are befalling us?

Someone out there is about to roll out a mobile device that can use the satellite to communicate in case of 'no signal' situation, but we are still here bragging about 720*1600 2G RAM/32G ROM 5,000mA battery because we know there is no stable electricity.

Who have we offended that these things keep befalling us?

I try to weep but tears refused to come as the eyes said, "If no be tears of joy, we no dey waste any water for Naija matter."

Who have done these to us!?

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by emmanuel4758(m): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2021
Rightouesness over to you

9 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by atheistandproud(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lol see some comments sha
Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Majestickris7: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Some are still struggling to get the iPhone 11pro while 13 is on the way...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by paduzman: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
na wa o, which kind technology be this one, are they trying top intimidate us TECNO phone users?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Kernalboy: 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
iTroll:

this is from someone who will never in his entire life afford it, those that will definitly buy wont comment or brag of using iphone, but one stup!d boy hiding in a dirty village must let everyone know that he is an iphone user(thats if he even owns one) your mate are planing on building house with the little the have yours is to use it on buying phones, am a pround owner of four bedroom flat in one of the busiest city here in Anambra am just 23years of age i used Tecno device,
no be only phone i come this life to come use oooo

MODIFY, those quoting me i dont have time to reply anybody, i cant use the little time i should be doing something meaningful in my life be replying you guys so if you are that idle you can keep your quotes coming when i close from shop i will do justice to them.

52 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Mastakija(m): 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nawa o iphone always want to b ahead

Itel ryt now grin

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by fredie107(m): 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
If the remove the "communication with space", how much will it cost? grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by SATANlST: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
if i cant use it to communicate directly with my padi satan, then forget it cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by sofeo(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
Ok.
Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by viviangist: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
grin grin

IPHONE 12 USERS !!!!

HOW FAR !!!

TIME TO UPGRADE AGAIN !!!!

OYAAA , THIS ONE GO REACH 1 MILLION NAIRA !!!

10 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by slawormiir: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Iphone my niggar

If not Samsung or iPhone.....then am not buying

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by ZUBY77(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
I also heard you can download Rice and Stew from the App Store

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
Who is there to communicate with

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by thundafire: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2021
Conspiracy theorist don't buy it oh,u all will be chipped. But will be quick to blame Gates for covid-19 vaccines cows everywhere

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
This has the potential to save lives.
People getting stranded and lost in remote locations with no cell service could text for help.
Will will be amazed if true - wish there was more detail.
Thumbs up Iphone.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by anibi9674: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
This people are increasing promiscuity
Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by TheSupleemLeada(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Yeah....it can also make me an omelette.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
They will come up with a stupid lie just to make stupid people think it's better than the last one.
As soon as a new one is about to be released, they push an OS update with reduced functionalities into the old one you have so that as soon as you update your OS, you notice that your camera is not as clear as before anymore, some functions are no longer there and your processor is not as fast as it was before. You start noticing bugs then you start longing for the new one that's about to come out cuz you feel like the one you have is not good enough anymore.

This is not only an iPhone propaganda, Samsung does it, even small companies like tecno does it too.
Ask your self why you buy a phone with nice camera now and after 8 months, the camera becomes sh*t!

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Lanretoye(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Exatly the way they used thuraya scam us that year...as if u can reach me with your satellite phone if i dont have the feature enabled on my device too.
GrifindorHouse:

Bush man you don't even know what a satellite phone is....
A feature that wont be available in nigeria until the next 10 years...some people will clock 70 years before they realise that they have bought 100m naira worth of iphone and be waiting for their children to come and give them feeding allowance.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by saferoom: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Lie

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Gabkosh: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Another way to collect people's money

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by shegzhkn: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Yeah.
Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by Sirmuel1(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2021
Scam!!! Na lie!!! We no go buy tongue

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by 2times2(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2021
Phone wey no fit call the gods sad

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features by AllahIsDevil: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2021
Good one o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? / 8 Stunning Features On The Tecno Spark 3 Pro / Is The 'Laplet' Gradually Replacing The Tablet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.