Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? (18058 Views)

Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate / Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Penguin2: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
As 2023 elections approaches, the trajectory that the two major political parties are likely to take, is becoming clearer.

From all feelers, PDP is going North while APC is likely coming South due to the interest of the Southern gladiators of the fold.

Now, the question is simple; would you rather vote for a Southern APC candidate as president or would rather vote a northern PDP candidate just to make sure APC as party doesn’t retain power?

I ask this because as much as the ‘Islamic party’ tag on APC seemed to be a matter of propaganda in 2015, the activities of the party so far since it gained power has not helped to take that tag away.

We might wanna argue that whoever is the president is what matters but do not lose sight of party politics. It is the party who will determine who the senate president will be, the Speaker of House of Representatives and all. These are important components if the president must deliver and correct the ills of this administration especially in some agenda considered northern-centric.

The PDP on the other hand, is not a party of saints but if you were to judge them dispassionately, we would agree that it is the only nationalistic party around. In the 16 years it held sway, the ethnic agenda was pursued to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities.

So, the question is simple; would you vote APC again because the have presented a Southern Candidate or would you rather a northerner becomes president again in PDP rather than see APC as a party retain power; especially as a southerner?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
I am from Anambra state, I will vote southern APC candidate. All of us cant be mad at the same time

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by uba1991: 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ipob in a confused state. If they vote a southerner they will be voting an Islamic party.
If they vote PDP they will automatically vote a Fulani man.
Ipob how market?

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by nzeobi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
If the APC candidate is from SE I will vote him but aside that I will vote for the candidate with the best manifesto who will protect my interest

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by nzeobi(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
uba1991:
Ipob in a confused state. If they vote a southerner they will be voting an Islamic party.
If they vote PDP they will automatically vote a Fulani man.
Ipob how market?

So aside ipob you have nothing else to say and who told you that igbos who voted yaradua overwhelming even more than Yoruba and northerners hates reformed reasonable Fulani men.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by englishmart(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Non of those parties deserve reelection into presidential position. The truth is Nigeria will still make a similar or worse mistake in 2023 that they made in 2014. It is easier for world trade center building Abuja to pass through the eye of a needle than for Nigerians to learn.

Nigeria is a case of illegally married people cohabiting. No bride price, no agreement, nothing. (Abuja marriage) This country expired 100-years after amalgamation and that was in 2014.
Disintegration will help separate sheep from goats. Not Messi kind of GOAT sha

30 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by specialmati(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
cool cool cool cool all the party should fill in southerners especially the eastern zone. May be they may be the saving grace of what is left for this country. Enough of this northern bulshit. and dont put any past criminal there or better divide this country let all region find their square root

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
undecided
Na wa oh...
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Goldenheart(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
cheesy
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Bobotic(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Op

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Osinbanjo is our next president. Take that to the bank.

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by thesicilian: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
The character and track of success is more important than the party, region or religious affiliation.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by richmond500: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Let's not lie to ourselves, PDP will not win the election.

Many people sees PDP as Ipob party and if PDP wins, then Ipob wins and if Ipob wins then enemies of Nigeria wins, that's the mentality we move with.
In as much as Buhari hasn't done anything to make Nigerians live a better life, PDP can't win the next election except they rig.

PDP should have had a soft landing but APC will loose in SE cos of hatred for Buhari while PDP will loose in most part of Nigeria cos of hatred for Ipob

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Basic123: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
SOUTHERN APC CANDIDATE FOR ME!

26 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
In the spirit of equity and fairness, it has to be Southern Nigeria.
If Nigeria should be, South East Candidates should be given opportunities as well.
Why must it be Northerners almost always.

No region should be feeling to Lord over other regions.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by bigdammyj: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Noted
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Maxymilliano(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Atiku for me ...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by wellmax(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
It's simple southern APC candidate

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by OmoOshodi(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
If you are in support of Referendum or Self-determination instead of this notorious criminals with different names

Click Like.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ideatoprince18(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Not just any Southern candidate ....... Preferably Yourba southern Christian candidate with enough Sense and strong character like OBJ .... Someone who can't be bullied or pushed like Fashola ..... Someone who is single minded like Rotimi Akeredolu!!!

I would have said an Igbo candidate but I don't think all the igbos leaders in APC are matured for the post ..... Most of them are puppets!!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by crossfm: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hehehe.

The most difficult job on earth will be who will replace Buhari.

The country has been bastardized, brutally raped by the agents of change.

I don't envy the next president of Nigeria at all.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by salbis(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Anything APC is evil.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by jomoh: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Interesting
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by olaolulazio(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
None.

If they field someone like PYO, then I can go with APC.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by optimus106(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
I won't cast my vote for APC as a party and I won't vote or support any Fulani man...and

I can't wait to see Cr7 in action for Manchester United.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ikenna44: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
you are the one that is mad.. only you!

Solsix:
I am from Anambra state, I will vote southern APC candidate. All of us cant be mad at the same time

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by sabreal: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Penguin2:
As 2023 elections approaches, the trajectory that the two major political parties are likely to take, is becoming clearer.

From all feelers, PDP is going North while APC is likely coming South due to the interest of the Southern gladiators of the fold.

Now, the question is simple; would you rather vote for a Southern APC candidate as president or would rather vote a northern PDP candidate just to make sure APC as party doesn’t retain power?

I ask this because as much as the ‘Islamic party’ tag on APC seemed to be a matter of propaganda in 2015, the activities of the party so far since it gained power has not helped to take that tag away.

We might wanna argue that whoever is the president is what matters but do not lose sight of party politics. It is the party who will determine who the senate president will be, the Speaker of House of Representatives and all. These are important components if the president must deliver and correct the ills of this administration especially in some agenda considered northern-centric.

The PDP on the other hand, is not a party of saints but if you were to judge them dispassionately, we would agree that it is the only nationalistic party around. In the 16 years it held sway, the ethnic agenda was pursued to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities.

So, the question is simple; would you vote APC again because the have presented a Southern Candidate or would you rather a northerner becomes president again in PDP rather than see APC as a party retain power; especially as a southerner?

The only vote I am prepared to cast is referendum to say bye bye to ftaudlent Liegeria

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ggood: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by victons(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
Just Northern. That's their mantra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Lawyer Sponsored By Peter Obi Petitioned EFCC Because Of Me / Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.