Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? (18076 Views)

Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate / Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Xbobtage: 12:37am On Sep 05, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

Your question would have been legit if truly the igbos have and are historically known to stand with the Yoruba's and the only Yoruba man you guys supported was a northern puppet and wasn't the choice of the Yoruba's. You're claiming turn to presidency when clearly you guys would jump and support an atiku at any given moment, lol, what do you even mean by turn of the igbos tbh The unofficial agreement is that it would be rotate between north and south and not between ethnic groups while majority of Yoruba's supported buhari we were called fulani slaves now you guys want to reap in a party you didn't sow, why can't you direct this questions to your beloveth PDP? What brigdes have any Igbo leader built to deserve support from the south west? You come to our region, we accommodate you, we sell and rent houses to you but yet you go around to call our land a "no man's land" and mock the generosity of those who don't behead you at the slightest provocation. Yet you want the support of Yoruba's, same Yoruba's who supported Jonathan in his first term but were humiliated and spat on to the amusement of igbos. Igbo presidency my ass.......your screams of marginalization are simply hypocritical screams that weren't audible when your brother in-law Jonathan was in power and if not for the unfortunate activities of fulani herdsmen most Yoruba's like me honestly have no qualms with them. You Igbos can't simply be trusted cus first off you can't even trust yourselves, when an Igbo man from imo state can't and dear not contest for governorship in anambra but is flexing muscle in Lagos asking to be given political position simply because he has some few shops in alaba and probably runs some illegal business on the side..... it's the foolish audacity for me, and funny enough we still give you ingrates concessions in the south west. You Igbos can't get presidency by guilt trippin and crying marginalization all the time, only liberal fools fall for such antics, you want us to support Igbo presidency when even your Igbo leaders can't take a firm stand on the herdsmen issue or stand by their own.....is it Hope Uzordinma or umahi we should support as Igbo president lol they'd sell out southern nigeria faster than my girlfriend can cum or should we support Peter Obi that failed to take responsibility for the akwazu SARS killings during his time as governor? Or his coded hate for Yoruba leaders? What governor in the region currently in APC can you guys present as a candidate? I'd rather have a third term buhari than have any of the know Igbo presidential hopefuls, atleast I know want am signing up for. You Igbos can't be trusted politically. Come 2023 it's either a Yoruba man has the seat or it remains in the north. We can talk about igbo presidency come 2050.

Well i am not an igboman. I see you are filled with tribal bitterness, Please take it easy, hypetension and stroke are real. Whether you vote igbo man or not, you are still stuck in this country with igbo people, and regardless of whether you vote based on your tribe or not, you and your family will still live in nigeria to deal with the fallout of whatever bad decisions we make again this election.

My question was for nigeria to start taking the right steps, shouldnt we be trying to take the right political foot step, so that the country starts walking in the right direction.

All the best. Nigerians deserve the shithole country they live in.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ugonna62: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2021
Ovamboland:

All you narrated are PDP arrangement and is not binding on APC.

You forget only one zone in the north has ruled while 2 zones have produced president in the south since 1999. Is it not fair to consider one of the northern zones first before the one southern zone in the spirit of fairness?
That is talking about your fairness appeal.

Don't go and align with other groups and be begging for fairness. Even your favorite party considers all your people unworthy, what a shame, even all your politicians are too scared to present themselves, no mojo.
Now i understand how myopic you are, the southern nigeria is not a conqerd region like the north, and the litracy level in the south east alone is 70% so no region in the south should arrogate such power to rule over the other perpetualy with recless impunity,compairing the north and the south in terms of pol. ideology is like compairing orange and apple.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Biggeststar01: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2021
Lolz
Xbobtage:

Well i am not an igboman. I see you are filled with tribal bitterness, Please take it easy, hypetension and stroke are real. Whether you vote igbo man or not, you are still stuck in this country with igbo people, and regardless of whether you vote based on your tribe or not, you and your family will still live in nigeria to deal with the fallout of whatever bad decisions we make again this election.

My question was for nigeria to start taking the right steps, shouldnt we be trying to take the right political foot step, so that the country starts walking in the right direction.

All the best. Nigerians deserve the shithole country they live in.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 6:24am On Dec 10, 2021
You Igbos can hide your foolishness n bias so we are to judge pdp without bias but you advice did not state the same rules in judging the APC.

Any way if we judge both party without bias APC will always be beta than the PDP no matter your bias. The PDP brought all the calamity Nigeria is facing today the APC is only not able to manage the situation thereby making it worse.

From 1999 to the point PDP handed over there have always been increasing unrest terror inflation devaluation n dilapidation in every sector of Nigeria under PDP.

APC followed the trend but we all can attest it brought a beta standard to infrastructure with 5 brand new airport terminals in Abuja Kaduna Lagos Maduguri n Rivers. Rail across Nigeria with another 3-4 inland port. The APC govt did more but this few I listed PDP can not accomplish if given a lifetime.

So therefore n there for so anything APC should be voted ahead of PDP especially when development of the country is considered but we most not lose sight of the fact that both parties have failed woefully.

But like I always say democracy is not the best form of government like many erroneously believe but rather democracy is the best of available alternatives n in Nigeria situation all the alternatives available are plagued with excruciating Failure.

Penguin2:
As 2023 elections approaches, the trajectory that the two major political parties are likely to take, is becoming clearer.

From all feelers, PDP is going North while APC is likely coming South due to the interest of the Southern gladiators of the fold.

Now, the question is simple; would you rather vote for a Southern APC candidate as president or would rather vote a northern PDP candidate just to make sure APC as party doesn’t retain power?

I ask this because as much as the ‘Islamic party’ tag on APC seemed to be a matter of propaganda in 2015, the activities of the party so far since it gained power has not helped to take that tag away.

We might wanna argue that whoever is the president is what matters but do not lose sight of party politics. It is the party who will determine who the senate president will be, the Speaker of House of Representatives and all. These are important components if the president must deliver and correct the ills of this administration especially in some agenda considered northern-centric.

The PDP on the other hand, is not a party of saints but if you were to judge them dispassionately, we would agree that it is the only nationalistic party around. In the 16 years it held sway, the ethnic agenda was pursued to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities.

So, the question is simple; would you vote APC again because the have presented a Southern Candidate or would you rather a northerner becomes president again in PDP rather than see APC as a party retain power; especially as a southerner?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2021
When Gbaja conspired pdp now sat back to watch his conspiracy abi. The way many of you comment like lunatics I just do not understand.

Was there no conspiracy when pdp made Mark senate president and all others under it how come pdp with the majority suddenly decides to sit back when it was Mulikat's turn why did it not sit back when Igbos had like 20 senate president or when Iheadioha was deputy speaker.

Fool, abeg stop commenting shamelessly as if your entire household is cursed.

eldoradoxx:
Which ethnic agenda was pursued by PDP at the detriment of other ethnic nationalities if I may ask? PDP that in 1999 rejected the most qualified candidate then Alex Ekwueme and went South West for Obasanjo just to ensure that Abiola and Yorubas are compensated even when Yorubas rejected their own son Obj. The party ensured spread of appointment whether Senate President, Deputy Senate President and Speaker and Deputy Speaker of House of Rep did not emerge from on region or one religion unlike what we have today. After Obasanjo it zoned it to North, there was no argument of whether or not there is zoning as APC is currently arguing. Yar Adua emerged with Jonathan Senate President was David Mark a Christian from Middle Belt, Speakers were Patricia Ette and Demeji Bankole both from South West. After Yar Adua came Johnathan with David Mark as Senate President. Gbajabiamilla as the leader of opposition conspired with ACN elements in the House to ensure Mulikat Akande whom the party recognised as Speaker to represent the South West never made, they went for Tambuwal just to fan the ember of marginalization by PDP . Fast forward to today and tell us if APC governments represents all sections of Nigeria
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ekpeitit(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2021
It doesn't matter who you vote for, our next president will come from APC,if you like vote APGA,APC will win convincingly.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2021
For your mind your igbo delusion is the only prism you can view nigeria political landscape. You have forgotten pdp will work overtime to win any state apc rules even if it's a dog that is on the ballot, am sure your brain isn't dead to an extent you do not know that apc as more northern governors.

For your brain that is of no cognizance, you have forgotten both parties will rig with apc having the advantage with the police doing their will. How about the NC you think they will be eager to vote another Fulanis after the 8 year torment of Buhari.

You think the SS will be at home with subjugating itself like the Igbos to vote another Fulani after 8 years of Buhari.

You comment like a lunatic and wrapped that up as a logical tot. You think the south East as much as you claim hate Tinubu a southern candidate won't win any state against Atiku in the East ? If the stake is raised to say Osibanjo you think an Atiku will win a single state in the East against him ?

Bro if I go on n on you will realize you are only fooling yourself. You delusion that PDP stands a beta chance to win the presidential seat in 2023 will be it greatest undoing.

Dice it anyhow you like an APC dog with the best of PDP be it Peter Obi Atiku Tambuwal or whoever the election remains the APC to lose n no northerner or easterner as any advantage over the options in the apc be it Tinubu Osibanjo Fashola Amechi Umahi or whoever the APC candidate will be.

NoSentiment:
The day the Apc fields a southern candidate and PDP a northern candidate is the day the APC willingly agrees to cease ruling Nigeria. Reasons?

(1) Northerners (both elite and peasantry) do not see the current APC govt as having worked for or represented their best interests. This may come as a surprise to an average southerner who considers Buhari's alleged sectional appointment as sth the north sees as anything or is happy about. The thinking in the north is that almost of of Buhari's capital projects are concentrated in the Lagos-Ibadan axis. He is seen by most as having done nothing concrete for the north. He has, for instance, even done nothing for his traditional strongholds of Kano (except a prison) and Bauchi (except a recent plan for a university in Azare)! This is not to talk of Katsina (except a transport univ in Daura)

2. The SE naturally dislikes APC and its president Buhari. Plus, they see the SW as having betrayed their benefactor (GEJ). Hence, they'll rather vote for a northern PDP candidate (may be with an igbo vice) just to spite the APC and PMB and pay the SW back for their "betrayal" of their benefactor.

3. The SW is sophisticated and politically (and religiouly) indecisive. Even if a PDP candidate comes from there, still a very good APC candidate stands the chance of getting reasonable amounts of votes there.

Therefore, a Northern PDP candidate is guaranteed to get the northern votes (where there is now an unprecedented disdain for PMB and dislike for APC) + the protest votes of the SE (a region that has a fleshy political bone to pick with SW where the southern APC candidate is highly likely to come from) + the votes of the highly indecisive SW.

In contrast, a Southern APC candidate at most has a guarantee of the votes of the SW (where he comes from) but not that of the North ( northerners may be seen as illiterate but they're politically smart) or south (where voter apathy or indifference or even, as it is highly likely, protest votes against PMB and APC may be decisive)

The best bet for the PDP is fielding a northern candidate especially if APC goes south where she's without an ounce of doubt going to see shege from both the southerners that it would want to give medicine after death and the northerners that I'd take for granted.

2023 is packed with alot of drama for those whose lives Allah spares to see it.

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 7:06am On Dec 10, 2021
Many of you Igbos talk like lunatics at all times. The north voted Ebele Jonathan as southerner against same Atiku they can do same for Tinubu knowing well they just did 8 Solid years. Make una no de use the foolish bigotry of the Igbos reason 9ja politics.

emmykk:

Will the north vote yoruba over Atiku a northern? That is the big question.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2021
Just imagine how a fool reason shabbily. A man accomplished his goal you are here blaming him for accomplishing his goals.

Why can't your father's goal be against Tinubu and let's see who will win.

mypains:

Oga shut up. Tinubu should have thought of all these before carrying his two legs to go an meet him Northerners. Now, he has weakened the Southern political position forever.

It's not PDP's fault. If not for Tinubu, APC wouldn't have won in 2015. He thought he was being smart but not knowing he was being foolish. The North will continue to milk this forever!
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by NoSentiment: 7:25am On Dec 10, 2021
Sonyboom765:
For your mind your igbo delusion is the only prism you can view nigeria political landscape through. You have forgotten pdp will work overtime to win any state apc rules even if it's a dog that is on the ballot, am sure your brain isn't dead to an extent you do not know that apc as more northen governors.

For your brain that is of no cognizance, you have always forgotten both parties will rig with apx owning the advantage with the police doing their will. How bout the NC you think they will be eager to vote another Fulanis after the 8 years torment of Buhari.

You think the SS will be at home with subjugating itself like the Igbos to vote another Fulani after 8 years of Buhari.

You comment like a lunatic and wrapped that up as a logical tot. You tbink the south East as much as you claim hate Tinubu a southern candidate there are no state he will win against Atiku in the East ? If the stake is raised to say Osibanjo you think an Atiku will win a single state in the East against him.

Bro if I go on n on you will realize you are only fooling yourself. You delusion that PDP stands a beta chance to win the presidential seat in 2023 will be it greatest undoing.

Dice it anyhow you like an APC dog with the best of PDP be it Peter Obi Atiku Tambuwal or whoever the election still remains the APC to lose n no northern or eastern as any advantage over the options in the apc be it Tinubu Osibanjo Fashola Amechi Umahi or whoever the APC candidate will be.

Your bad English and manners are not worth my response. Go and learn elementary grammar and basic manners first and come back to try ur luck once again. For now u came across as a half educated foul-mouthed hooligan.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 7:37am On Dec 10, 2021
Imagine the comment of this fool ?!
So I need an education to air my opinion..lol
? Your brain is even more dead than I tot.

NoSentiment:

Your bad English and manners are not worth my response. Go and learn elementary grammar and basic manners first and come back to try ur luck once again. For now u came across as a half educated foul-mouthed hooligan.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by NoSentiment: 8:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Sonyboom765:
Imagine the comment of this fool ?!
So I need an education to air my opinion..lol
? Your brain is even more dead than I tot.

Clearly you are not well trained by ur parents that is why u insult people for airing their opinion. I would have liked to respond to ur insults with insults but my manners and good parental training won't allow me too. However, two things are clear from ur posts:

1. U are from a very poor family who can't afford to provide decent education and manners to their wards.
2. Ur resort to insults without any provocation means u live a miserable, depressed and unhappy life . U could be a thug or a cultist or a someone battling with serious mental health. Otherwise, I see no reason why u would insults me for airing my opinion which I am entitled to. So while I would not stoop so low as to insult u back, this is my objective assessment of u. Go and argue with someone of ur social class, not me.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Penguin2: 10:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Sonyboom765:
You Igbos can hide your foolishness n bias so we are to judge pdp without bias but you advice did not state the same rules in judging the APC.

Any way if we judge both party without bias APC will always be beta than the PDP no matter your bias. The PDP brought all the calamity Nigeria is facing today the APC is only not able to manage the situation thereby making it worse.

From 1999 to the point PDP handed over there have always been increasing unrest terror inflation devaluation n dilapidation in every sector of Nigeria under PDP.

APC followed the trend but we all can attest it brought a beta standard to infrastructure with 5 brand new airport terminals in Abuja Kaduna Lagos Maduguri n Rivers. Rail across Nigeria with another 3-4 inland port. The APC govt did more but this few I listed PDP can not accomplish if given a lifetime.

So therefore n there for so anything APC should be voted ahead of PDP especially when development of the country is considered but we most not lose sight of the fact that both parties have failed woefully.

But like I always say democracy is not the best form of government like many erroneously believe but rather democracy is the best of available alternatives n in Nigeria situation all the alternatives available are plagued with excruciating Failure.

All the airports Terminals you mentioned were awarded and completed by GEJ. The only thing was that he didn’t inaugurate them before he left office.

GEJ started and completed Abuja Kaduna Railway.

GEJ awarded the Lagos-Ibadan railway and it was already being constructed.

GEJ awarded the second Niger bridge.

All these are things you are now attributing to Buhari.

Aren’t you a joker?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Penguin2: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2021
NoSentiment:

Clearly you are not well trained by ur parents that is why u insult people for airing their opinion. I would have liked to respond to ur insults with insults but my manners and good parental training won't allow me too. However, two things are clear from ur posts:

1. U are from a very poor family who can't afford to provide decent education and manners to their wards.
2. Ur resort to insults without any provocation means u live a miserable, depressed and unhappy life . U could be a thug or a cultist or a someone battling with serious mental health. Otherwise, I see no reason why u would insults me for airing my opinion which I am entitled to. So while I would not stoop so low as to insult u back, this is my objective assessment of u. Go and argue with someone of ur social class, not me.

Honestly, the guy is pathetic.

I gave up when he said Tinubu will win an Eastern state even if Atiku is PDP candidate with an Igbo vice.

It became apparent to me that he’s not in touch with reality
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ekpeitit(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2021
INTEGRITYA1:
In the spirit of equity and fairness, it has to be Southern Nigeria.
If Nigeria should be, South East Candidates should be given opportunities as well.
Why must it be Northerners almost always.

No region should be feeling to Lord over other regions.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ekpeitit(m): 10:32am On Dec 10, 2021
South East wetin ?
Biafrans will never rule Nigeria, God forbid.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Sonyboom765: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
God will punish n your entire family including your born n unborn generation for this claim if any of what you stated is false.

Just imagine this fool, the same second niger bridge Ebele drew on paper for foolish Igbos to celebrate without a single stone moved in nearly 6 years he misgoverned nigeria.

Why not claim abuja built the railway n lagos Ibadan exp as way. Your brand of foolish needs steady dirty slap to straighten your medulla at all times.

Penguin2:

All the airports Terminals you mentioned were awarded and completed by GEJ. The only thing was that he didn’t inaugurate them before he left office.

GEJ started and completed Abuja Kaduna Railway.

GEJ awarded the Lagos-Ibadan railway and it was already being constructed.

GEJ awarded the second Niger bridge.

All these are things you are now attributing to Buhari.

Aren’t you a joker?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Xolander: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Which Southern APC candidate can defeat the strong and versatile political titans of Northern descent in PDP?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by emmykk(m): 8:30am On Dec 11, 2021
Sonyboom765:
Many of you Igbos talk like lunatics at all times. The north voted Ebele Jonathan as southerner against same Atiku they can do same for Tinubu knowing well they just did 8 Solid years. Make una no de use the foolish bigotry of the Igbos reason 9ja politics.

When this matter was first discussed you were no where to be found to contribute many months pass you have this rubbish to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / Akwa Ibom Evacuates Stranded Citizens From Kastina Over Bandits’ Attacks / PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.