Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? (18079 Views)

Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate / Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by nzeobi(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Coronabirus:
North are not stupid to put all their egg in one basket!
The only time North gave Presidential candidate more than 70% of their votes was in 2015 and it was due to serious security challenge which was handled badly by PDP.
However, even in 2015 only Borno and Yobe states gave APC more than 70% of their votes. Therefore, get it straight to ur head that in the North politics is in our DNA, we own both APC and PDP and we can't be so stupid or primitive enough to tag one party a religious or tribal affiliation because we very well know that we are everywhere.
If APC permutation doesn't suit us, we'll vote PDP en masse and vice versa. PDP is born out of NEPU;NEPU, is a Northern Elements Progressive Union which was the first political party in Northern Nigeria. Founded in Kano on 8 August 1950, it was the offshoot of a pre-existing political association called the Northern Elements Progressive Association.
Point of correction, u ardently support PDP because u delusionally see it as ur religious wing and Yar'adua isn't Fulani but Tuareg!

I support PDP.
I see as a religious wing.

Guy wetin you de smoke
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by emmykk(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ovamboland:

But you think North will vote for the Igbo candidate when their son Atiku is contesting? That's Utopia carried too far. Tinubu being Muslim will carry more weight in the north than an Ibo Christian candidate. Middle belt christian knows southern Muslims are mostly moderate so won't be an issue. And SW hardly cares about religion.

Your thinking that just any Ibo candidate will defeat Atiku in south and get enough northern votes is deeply flawed. Using your analogy why would they abandon Atiku or Tambuwal and queue behind Obi?

The power is rotating south and north atleast since 1999 first it was yoruba who too Southern turn then South south too turn.
It is only expect it should go to south east in 2023 for equity sake.
And these start from the party, if APC zone it to south and demand it comes from south east there is nothing other region can do.
Even if PDP zone it to north and didn't get the backing of the PDP states in the south they will amount to nothing.
But projecting the yoruba again will cause division in the south and the north will snatch the power from another party.we should be guilded.

Now since as you don't want igbo presidency from the south so all the time power will come to the south from like 2023-2090 the yorubas should be producing the president.?

We will be creating new problems for Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by amc: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sunnyja:
APC government that is rehabilitating Boko Haram and integrating them into the military hasn't given the impression that they are with Boko Haram! You are such a huge joke

The joke is on you. PDP were rehabilitating Boko Haram before 2015.

Nigeria’s President Launches Amnesty Committee for Boko Haram
April 25, 2013
https://www.cfr.org/blog/nigerias-president-launches-amnesty-committee-boko-haram

Nigeria to free Boko Haram members
21 May 2013
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2013/5/21/nigeria-to-free-boko-haram-members

Repentant Boko Haram militants will not be killed-Nigerian Army
October 27, 2013
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/147374-repentant-boko-haram-militants-will-killed-nigerian-army.html

Jonathan orders release of165 Boko Haram suspects
10 Jan 2014
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/153120-jonathan-orders-release-of165-boko-haram-suspects-nigerian-military.html
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ovamboland(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
emmykk:

The power is rotating south and north atleast since 1999 first it was yoruba who too Southern turn then South south too turn.
It is only expect it should go to south for equity sake.
And these start from the party if APC zone it to south and demand it comes from south east there is nothing other region can do.
Even if PDP zone it to north and didn't get the backing of the PDP states in the south they will amount to nothing.

Now since you don't want igbo presidency from the south so all the time power come to the south the yorubas should be producing the president.?

We will be creating new problems for Nigeria.

PDP has been following their own calendar of shifting power as they wish. How they do it is not binding on APC.

How APC zones it's position is not binding on PDP conversely. It's people who lack understanding of politics believe ones party's internal plans is binding on other parties.

How have you tried to convince APC to consider your region in their zoning plans other than supporting IPOB, calling them janjawed, ewedu and almajiri party? Is it part of your culture to insult people to make them trust and befriend you? I don't get the basis you'd expect APC to zone it's ticket to your region.

Is it a taboo for PDP to zone it's ticket to SE? After 24 years of support to PDP, they still don't trust any Ibo to take them to victory? You didn't even consider that in your analysis. Why are SE aspirants so scared of squaring against a SW person? What hope then if you're to run against a NW or NE candidate?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by emmykk(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ovamboland:

PDP has been following their own calendar of shifting power as they wish. How they do it is not binding on APC.

How APC zones it's position is not binding on PDP conversely. It's people who lack understanding of politics believe ones party's internal plans is binding on other parties.

How have you tried to convince APC to consider your region in their zoning plans other than supporting IPOB, calling them janjawed, ewedu and almajiri party? Is it part of your culture to insult people to make them trust and befriend you? I don't get the basis you'd expect APC to zone it's ticket to your region.

Is it a taboo for PDP to zone it's ticket to SE? After 24 years of support to PDP, they still don't trust any Ibo to take them to victory? You didn't even consider that in your analysis. Why are SE aspirants so scared of squaring against a SW person? What hope then if you're to run against a NW or NE candidate?

What you are calling as insult is not official.
No south east governor have called for IPOB or abuse other region.
Yes politics is the decision of parties but those people existed before the parties.
There was igbo,hausa and yoruba before APC and PDP and if they don't work in line with history there will be cheating along the line.
2023 is another year when the north will use party to cheat the southern.

While you are shouting party they are working underground for themselve after all the north east Atiku comes from is yet to produce a presidency...
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by bjdon: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
chymeze:
Lols you really think in today's Nigeria that a northerner would vote for a Southerner against his own northern brother, especially with the current ethnoreligious crises? Forget about what happened between obj and Buhari, that was when Nigeria was somewhat united. If APC goes for a South Westerner and PDP go for a popular northerner you can rest assured that APC would lose that election. The North would naturally go for PDP and the South East and South South especially if PDP allocates the VP seat to one of them would vote for PDP. The only move that can possibly help APC retain the seat is either making a South easterner their presidential candidate (thereby getting the votes from South East/south block and thus turning away South East/south votes from PDP's northern candidate, and banking on buhari's support for some northern votes) or making a northerner with moderate views (this option is next to impossible because Buhari will be completing the term of the North) their presidential candidate.
If APC makes a South Westerner their candidate rest assured the game is over for them if PDP will be smart enough to have a northerner combined with a South easterner as his vice

Many people are making the mistake of thinking the north of 2023 will be same north we have known before. Sorry but thats just not the case. Buhari has effectivly divided the north between the Fulanis and the rest. To all intents and purposes, pleateu and Benue states are now southern states. There is NO WAY those states wll vote for either Atiku or Tambuwal(The likley Northen candidates for PDP) Taraba and Kogi are also unlikley to vote for a Fulani. I think either Amachi or Osinbajo have a very good chance of sweeping the south and taking at least 4 states in the North. Anti Fulani sentiment will work to the south's advantage in 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ozo13(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
nzeobi:

So aside ipob you have nothing else to say and who told you that igbos who voted yaradua overwhelming even more than Yoruba and northerners hates reformed reasonable Fulani men.
i don't feel atiku will do better than Buhari as regard herders issue.i haven't seen him issue any statement since the herdmen wahala started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by NnamdiN: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
I'll not vote apc for any reason my man.
If pdp takes it to the north, I'll just give it to any other person.
For me, it's a southerner from any party but apc
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by pseudaria: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
richmond500:
Let's not lie to ourselves, PDP will not win the election.

Many people sees PDP as Ipob party and if PDP wins, then Ipob wins and if Ipob wins then enemies of Nigeria wins, that's the mentality we move with.
In as much as Buhari hasn't done anything to make Nigerians live a better life, PDP can't win the next election except they rig.

PDP should have had a soft landing but APC will loose in SE cos of hatred for Buhari while PDP will loose in most part of Nigeria cos of hatred for Ipob

The only people that hate ipob are the jihadists states like the NW and part of NE. Benue plateau nassarawa taraba Abuja and parts of bauchi adamawa and south kaduna hate the fulanis and APC coupled with the entire se ss and sw will vote PDP. So your analysis is rubbish
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by nzeobi(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2021
ozo13:
i don't feel atiku will do better than Buhari as regard herders issue.i haven't seen him issue any statement since the herdmen wahala started.

How many Nigerian politicians have spoken publicly about it or you think yaradua would have tolerated the herders madness if he's still the president
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by barcaboi(m): 6:52am On Sep 03, 2021
If PDP ruled well in 16years; we won’t be here. What exactly did they do. Is it only abt ethnicity? What major projects or roads did u enjoy?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Johncuppa(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
Osinbanjo is our next president. Take that to the bank.
Seriously, I don't know why this is difficult for people to know aforetime.
I've been saying it since 2015, and still very sure of it.

It won't be Yemi if only there won't be a United Nigeria
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ozo13(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
nzeobi:

How many Nigerian politicians have spoken publicly about it or you think yaradua would have tolerated the herders madness if he's still the president
a figure like atiku should have issued a statement .i remembered prior to 2019 election, he was asked about it and the answers he gave was not encouraging
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by omoharry(f): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2021
I dont like APC but I will never vote for pdp if they field in a northerner as Thier presidential candidate. We have suffered enough in the hands of northerners .Not again .
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by nzeobi(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2021
ozo13:
a figure like atiku should have issued a statement .i remembered prior to 2019 election, he was asked about it and the answers he gave was not encouraging

What was the answer he gave.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Tareq1105: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2021
pseudaria:

The only people that hate ipob are the jihadists states like the NW and part of NE. Benue plateau nassarawa taraba Abuja and parts of bauchi adamawa and south kaduna hate the fulanis and APC coupled with the entire se ss and sw will vote PDP. So your analysis is rubbish

Don't be too sure.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2021
oluwaahmed:

You are already mad for considering to vote APC again after how they have destroyed country
Oga I can't be in a place where is no justice. Nobody is born to rule
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2021
uba1991:
Ipob in a confused state. If they vote a southerner they will be voting an Islamic party.
If they vote PDP they will automatically vote a Fulani man.
Ipob how market?
You are not wise and you don't know and u don't have anybody to tell you. IPOB is as a result of injustice, nepotism, tribalism, religion etc. There was biafra agitation when yarauda was president, but the agitation died a natural death. So Sunday igboho that is championing yoruba nationa what do u have to say about him. Are yorubas also marginalized??
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2021
CORRECTMAN78:

Am from Osun state, I would rather vote northern PDP candidate.
We die here, your people brought APC. In 2019 we had opportunity to right our wrong and you guys insisted we die with APC. No leave no transfer.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2021
richmond500:
Let's not lie to ourselves, PDP will not win the election.

Many people sees PDP as Ipob party and if PDP wins, then Ipob wins and if Ipob wins then enemies of Nigeria wins, that's the mentality we move with.
In as much as Buhari hasn't done anything to make Nigerians live a better life, PDP can't win the next election except they rig.

PDP should have had a soft landing but APC will loose in SE cos of hatred for Buhari while PDP will loose in most part of Nigeria cos of hatred for Ipob
Please don't generalize. It is your opinion. Don't stay in SW and come here to pollute this thread with tribalism
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by uba1991: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2021
Solsix:

You are not wise and you don't know and u don't have anybody to tell you. IPOB is as a result of injustice, nepotism, tribalism, religion etc. There was biafra agitation when yarauda was president, but the agitation died a natural death. So Sunday igboho that is championing yoruba nationa what do u have to say about him. Are yorubas also marginalized??
did you see any Yoruba crying for marginalization?
When Jonathan was president many appointments were given to igbos, but other tribes or regions did not start killing people. The igbos always want to claim that the know better than anybody. When Yorubas were complaining about marginalization during GEJ, many igbos begin to insult the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by uba1991: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Solsix:

We die here, your people brought APC. In 2019 we had opportunity to right our wrong and you guys insisted we die with APC. No leave no transfer.
APC will definitely win, if you don't like APC kill yourself. No president has ever done what buhari is doing in infrastructure, security.
Buhari bought more than 25 aircraft for the airforce. Pls tell me any president that ever buy even 5 aircrafts in the history of this country.
Many of you are full of hatred that is why you cannot see any good thing that buhari is doing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Solsix(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2021
uba1991:
APC will definitely win, if you don't like APC kill yourself. No president has ever done what buhari is doing in infrastructure, security.
Buhari bought more than 25 aircraft for the airforce. Pls tell me any president that ever buy even 5 aircrafts in the history of this country.
Many of you are full of hatred that is why you cannot see any good thing that buhari is doing.
And??
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Xbobtage: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
Osinbanjo is our next president. Take that to the bank.

i have a question Sir, for you and other yoruba people who wants to take the turn of the igbos. if in your heart of hearts, you truly mean well for this country, if you truly EVER loved this country and want it to come out of this hole its in, why would you want a person from your tribe to be president even though its the turn of the igbos?

This country was built on the tripod of the three major tribes and both the yorubas and hausas have had their turns, why are the yorubas trying to take some elses turn to detriment of Nigeria - a country already on its knees. How does it make you feel about how history will remember your people should the walls of Nigeria come crashing down after your people have succesfully sidelined another major nigerian tribe in your presidential quest?

At this crossroad in Nigerias history, with screams of marginalization and lack of patriotism from the igbos drowning us all, dont you believe that for the sake of Nigeria, the yorubas simply should find a good igbo man and stand by him to clinch the presidency? Imagine what that would do to the mindset of nigerians if that were to happen. Imagine how much life it would breathe into this dying country if that act of Just, equity and selflessness was displayed by yoruba politicians ALL just so that this country would prevail...

I am asking these questions to understand the mindset of a Yoruba Person who despite reading,seeing and feeling everything that is going on in the country is convinced that a Yoruba presidency is step in the right direction.

And before you bring up the excuse about the igbos not having a strong APC candidate that can win, I want to remind you that elections in nigeria are won by rigging. whoever Buhari anoints as president WILL be the president come 2023, why cant they find an igboman?

And, I see the Yorubas constantly using the word Southern Nigeria now that election is here again. Whereas these people deliberately sided with the north to ruin a Southern President.

For the record there is nothing like Southern Nigeria, In this country there may be northern nigeria, but asides that what you have are tribes with a Name that Wants to keep its recognition like Yoruba, Ibo, Ibibio, Ijaw, etc.

If there is going ever be a Southern Agenda in Nigeria the best time for the South to prove it to come together and stand behind that one Southern tribe that is being treated unjustly. This is the time to do it!!
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
Xbobtage:

i have a question Sir, for you and other yoruba people who wants to take the turn of the igbos. if in your heart of hearts, you truly mean well for this country, if you truly EVER loved this country and want it to come out of this hole its in, why would you want a person from your tribe to be president even though its the turn of the igbos?

This country was built on the tripod of the three major tribes and both the yorubas and hausas have had their turns, why are the yorubas trying to take some elses turn to detriment of Nigeria - a country already on its knees. How does it make you feel about how history will remember your people should the walls of Nigeria come crashing down after your people have succesfully sidelined another major nigerian tribe in your presidential quest?

At this crossroad in Nigerias history, with screams of marginalization and lack of patriotism from the igbos drowning us all, dont you believe that for the sake of Nigeria, the yorubas simply should find a good igbo man and stand by him to clinch the presidency? Imagine what that would do to the mindset of nigerians if that were to happen. Imagine how much life it would breathe into this dying country if that act of Just, equity and selflessness was displayed by yoruba politicians ALL just so that this country would prevail...

I am asking these questions to understand the mindset of a Yoruba Person who despite reading,seeing and feeling everything that is going on in the country is convinced that a Yoruba presidency is step in the right direction.

And before you bring up the excuse about the igbos not having a strong APC candidate that can win, I want to remind you that elections in nigeria are won by rigging. whoever Buhari anoints as president WILL be the president come 2023, why cant they find an igboman?

And, I see the Yorubas constantly using the word Southern Nigeria now that election is here again. Whereas these people deliberately sided with the north to ruin a Southern President.

For the record there is nothing like Southern Nigeria, In this country there may be northern nigeria, but asides that what you have are tribes with a Name that Wants to keep its recognition like Yoruba, Ibo, Ibibio, Ijaw, etc.

If there is going ever be a Southern Agenda in Nigeria the best time for the South to prove it to come together and stand behind that one Southern tribe that is being treated unjustly. This is the time to do it!!

Your question would have been legit if truly the igbos have and are historically known to stand with the Yoruba's and the only Yoruba man you guys supported was a northern puppet and wasn't the choice of the Yoruba's. You're claiming turn to presidency when clearly you guys would jump and support an atiku at any given moment, lol, what do you even mean by turn of the igbos tbh The unofficial agreement is that it would be rotate between north and south and not between ethnic groups while majority of Yoruba's supported buhari we were called fulani slaves now you guys want to reap in a party you didn't sow, why can't you direct this questions to your beloveth PDP? What brigdes have any Igbo leader built to deserve support from the south west? You come to our region, we accommodate you, we sell and rent houses to you but yet you go around to call our land a "no man's land" and mock the generosity of those who don't behead you at the slightest provocation. Yet you want the support of Yoruba's, same Yoruba's who supported Jonathan in his first term but were humiliated and spat on to the amusement of igbos. Igbo presidency my ass.......your screams of marginalization are simply hypocritical screams that weren't audible when your brother in-law Jonathan was in power and if not for the unfortunate activities of fulani herdsmen most Yoruba's like me honestly have no qualms with them. You Igbos can't simply be trusted cus first off you can't even trust yourselves, when an Igbo man from imo state can't and dear not contest for governorship in anambra but is flexing muscle in Lagos asking to be given political position simply because he has some few shops in alaba and probably runs some illegal business on the side..... it's the foolish audacity for me, and funny enough we still give you ingrates concessions in the south west. You Igbos can't get presidency by guilt trippin and crying marginalization all the time, only liberal fools fall for such antics, you want us to support Igbo presidency when even your Igbo leaders can't take a firm stand on the herdsmen issue or stand by their own.....is it Hope Uzordinma or umahi we should support as Igbo president lol they'd sell out southern nigeria faster than my girlfriend can cum or should we support Peter Obi that failed to take responsibility for the akwazu SARS killings during his time as governor? Or his coded hate for Yoruba leaders? What governor in the region currently in APC can you guys present as a candidate? I'd rather have a third term buhari than have any of the know Igbo presidential hopefuls, atleast I know want am signing up for. You Igbos can't be trusted politically. Come 2023 it's either a Yoruba man has the seat or it remains in the north. We can talk about igbo presidency come 2050.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by FakeUnity: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2021
richmond500:
tah, Chukwudi stop lying.
U are igbo,

Is it only Igbo that detest you fulani terrorists? grin
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by richmond500: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

Is it only Igbo that detest you fulani terrorists? grin
I donno, why don't u tell me?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by FakeUnity: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
richmond500:
I donno, why don't u tell me?

You are an abokey Fulani mozzlem terrorist, are you deluding your skull that your only haters in naijeriyya are the Ibos? Answer the question.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by bameyi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
Jesus Christ show mercy na.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ovamboland(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Xbobtage:

The major parties only agreed to North and South shift of power. Every region can then slug it out. That's why candidate from NW, NC and NE contested the APC ticket person of 2015. No SW person contested in 2015 and 2019, they were patiently waiting for 2023. How can it be equitable to deny SW the opportunity of going for the highest office in a party they midwife and financed when it was laughed at as a silly idea?

It's like asking Noah to come down from the ark to accommodate some people that were laughing at him or calling him crazy when he was building the Ark. Is that fair?

Why are SE so scared to insist to PDP they've generally supported to give them ticket? Is PDP not aware it's the turn of SE as you claim? You also have Apga, why not align with PDP to sponsor a joint candidate? Is that too difficult? Why are you playing food is ready politics? Why wait for others to do the heavy lifting so you can take the choicest cream?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! / PDP Members Defect To APC In Benue State(photos) / Accept Results, ECOWAS Observers Tell Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.