Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? (21078 Views)

The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case / 2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by udemzeus(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Health care
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Sirauss(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
I would gradually change the mindset Of Nigerians and everything will be OK.
For Instance, Ghana had worst issues than Nigeria at the moment but see where they are now. See Rwanda and the strides they are making in all facets of the economy.

Secondly, the next generation of Nigerians must be educated either formally or informally. If formally, study courses with the latest demands in future by having access to the best facilities, from there we can be one of the best research countries in Africa which will lead to inventions.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by ubee(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Shikena!
That's the word. "Leadership". Leadership has been our bane from the first indigenous leader till this present one.
It shouldn't be hard to know, and you'd think a lot of guys on the thread will mention it.
I was tempted to say "mind-set" like someone on this thread said, but the right option is leadership.
If that is fixed. Everything else will fall in place correctly
dammie4j:
Leadership

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by jiregr8(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Leadership
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Alvin2023(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
Leaders
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Hellonearth007: 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Change my citizenship to Canada ASAP
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by armadeo(m): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
olaolaking:
Our orientation. Orientation is the reason why we arw like this.

If you move all Nigerians to USA and move all USA to Nigeria, in 10 years, Nigeria will be like USA while USA will become like Nigeria.

The people who are complaining of corruption are doing so because it doesn't favour them. When it begins to favor them, they say it is their time.

The people who are complaining about the lawmakers getting so much money will not complain again when their brothers or family members become a lawmaker.

If any lawmaker refuses to pack as much money as possible, his people, his supporters, his family, etc, will complain, they will say the man is just wasting opportunity and chance.

If a lawmaker cannot build several houses in hometown, Abuja, Lagos, people will abuse him.

The same people complaining about police attitudes will do same things the police are doing the moment they join.

Who is deceiving who?

If this happens I'll stay back and let all dem dumb fycks go cos they aren't aware that Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria.

Left to me we need a bemevolent dictator of rawlings style to put us on track.

He would have to become a mass murderer too but that's the sacrifice he will make to put put back on the right path.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by God2man2again(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Change the system of Government.

Create a unique system of Government that will give room for sustainable growth and development.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Xtopher123(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Our Poverty Mentality
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Natajo2021: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will request the victorious Almighty God to punish Buhari the most wicked dictator on earth, same way he punished Buhari.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by onuman: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change

Nigeria is a disaster as you reckoned with that fact.

To change a disastrous spectacle, it’s either re-engineered or taken to pieces.

But Arewa whose soldiers created the political structure that made Nigeria become a disaster has refused re-engineering of Nigeria.
The alternative is taking Nigeria to pieces for more manageable countries to emerge from Nigeria.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Babastrong(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
Kill all the policemen.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Gbrika(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
The Gene.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
i would change THE MENTALITY OF ITS PEOPLE
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by yinks77: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Send Fulani ethnic group packing from Nigeria
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Zetty177x: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buhari

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Lovelyperson(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change
change the 1999 constitution to the 1960 one. Return the country to Regional plan
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Lovelyperson(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
YeyeGbami:
1999 (Military) constitution - CTRL ALT DEL
God bless u.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Zetty177x: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
Natajo2021:
I will request the victorious Almighty God to punish Buhari the most wicked dictator on earth, same way he punished Buhari.

Amen. I'm sure u meant, "same way.he punished Abacha"

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Lovelyperson(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
I will take us back to 1913 and execute Lord Lugard
Correct guy.... what about his useless wife that name this country yeye name. Slavery name
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by oliviacute(f): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
the educational system and electricity, so bleeped up mehn.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by legendgalas(f): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
PDP

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Myself2(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
BUHARI
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Goldbw122(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Well make the country system to be like foreign system even if it is corrupt it cant be worst like this our belove country.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Tomide59(m): 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hmm! I will reintroduce New Nigerian Constitutions that will make everyone equal including our thief Politicians.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Lovelyperson(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Modrov:

Our basing our economy on our reliance on selling raw materials and sharing the money.

I always laugh when I hear that 'Nigeria has a lot of natural resources'. The truth is, what we should be doing is using those natural resources to make industrial products for the world...but we somehow think that all we need to do is sell the raw materials, and share the money equitably so that we can all have houses of imported goods.

Also, we don't control the prices of all those natural and mineral resources. So, when the price goes down below the sustenance level, we end up having to take loans to survive.

Plus whoever controls the sharing is going to use the power to loot and loot.

Whereas, if we used our natural resources to make industrial products for the world to use, we not only would be in the position to control the price, but we would make much more money, and provide more and more jobs, and earn more in taxes. Plus light and water and transport would all work because if they don't , we go broke.

Rich nations use their natural resources, not sell them.
One of our problem in this country. Ordinary tooth pick is imported.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by olaolaking: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
armadeo:

If this happens I'll stay back and let all dem dumb fycks go cos they aren't aware that Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria.

L[b]eft to me we need a bemevolent dictator of rawlings style to put us on track.
[/b]
He would have to become a mass murderer too but that's the sacrifice he will make to put put back on the right path.
I never new we still have right thinking young ones like you here. I have argued this with several of my friends who think it is the work of the leaders to force and compel people to do the right thing.
I told them it cant happen in the democratic settings especially the type we run. They were telling me Of Rawlings and china. I told them it isa complete different case
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Princeton92(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Me, myself and my life because I'm part of Nigeria.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Temptee101(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Davash222:
Export all Nigerian girls and import some sensible foreign girls to live here with us.

Haha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by FILEBE(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change

You have said it all.

Nigerians like feeling entitled, they like short cuts and always want to prove they are smart in everything
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by addictiv(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Compulsory military service for 4 years after secondary school, on completion they can either continue in the military or law enforcement or chase any passions they might have, make everybody go learn discipline, responsibility, leadership, common sense and how to protect themselves. Trust me insecurity, unemployment and abuse of power will be a thing of the past.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Tess24: 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
Davash222:
Export all Nigerian girls and import some sensible foreign girls to live here with us.

Are you normal...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Troops Arrest Two ‘IPOB Fighters’, Recover IED Making Materials In Imo / Garba Shehu: Buhari Is Internet Savvy, He Can Work From Anywhere / Tinubu Hosts US Secretary Of State, Blinken, At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.