Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? (21061 Views)

The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case / 2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by GeneralKoko(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Hezzyluv: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Power and insecurity. Get this 2finz fixed, investors may start coming into the country with full force.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by dammie4j(m): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
Leadership

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Eriokanmi: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hezzyluv:
Power and insecurity
yea, lemme include leadership. They need to be taken off...all of them. Ghana would have been worse than Nigeria today, had the needful not been done by rawlings. If I had my way, I'd jail all of them.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Davash222(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Export all Nigerian girls and import some sensible foreign girls to live here with us.

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by YeyeGbami: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
1999 (Military) constitution - CTRL ALT DEL

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Hezzyluv: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Eriokanmi:
yea, lemme include leadership. They need to be taken off...all of them. Ghana would have been worse than Nigeria today, had the needful not been done by rawlings. If I had my way, I'd jail all of them.

Too true. Wetin I been dey think sey Buhari go do but only turnout to be worse.

7 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by sirp9898(m): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Constitutions

4 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by BirtherOfKings(f): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Roctation please front page and help me move it to the appropriate section. Thanks

I will change the nation to a dictatorship and be the boss grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin
In the process of trying to change anything about Nigeria,you may end up being corrupted by the goons who have been there before your arrival...

Well,if I can change one thing about Nigeria,I go sidown and carefully shift FCT come South south tongue. .... Divide Nigeria into different nations tongue. Las las, after I don change am finish,I go cor travel out lipsrsealed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by abobote: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buhari should not be close to power. He is Nigeria worst disaster

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by gasparpisciotta: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will take us back to 1913 and execute Lord Lugard

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by PrinceOfLagos: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buhari

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Jaweego(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buh.......

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Zico5(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Na Buhari o. I no go waste time. Even I will come with my AK 47.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by money121(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by meolaniyi(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
You.wan make DSS arrest somebody abi?

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by DEEBOZZ(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will change the mentality of Nigerians towards corruption .
Shikena!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by ipobarethieves: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
sad NG wahala,nor be here sad
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Chijeep(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
k
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by paulolee(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
1...all states get full control of its resources and get state police to tackle insecurities.
2..would allow freedom for Biafra n yoruba group
3..any president leading would only run for 2 years, he would visit all states without excort n if he can do dt in peace, he may go for reelection n d election would be e-voting with our phones ( forget anout dt excuse of hacking d system
4..all senators and ministers would earn like civil servants..
5..in academics, d brilliant minds won't be left out..
6..may involve foreign bodies to tackle insecurities, cyber crimes and no pity or soft landing of negotiations with any bloddy terrorist..

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by penplus: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change

Our basing our economy on our reliance on selling raw materials and sharing the money.

I always laugh when I hear that 'Nigeria has a lot of natural resources'. The truth is, what we should be doing is using those natural resources to make industrial products for the world...but we somehow think that all we need to do is sell the raw materials, and share the money equitably so that we can all have houses of imported goods.

Also, we don't control the prices of all those natural and mineral resources. So, when the price goes down below the sustenance level, we end up having to take loans to survive.

Plus whoever controls the sharing is going to use the power to loot and loot.

Whereas, if we used our natural resources to make industrial products for the world to use, we not only would be in the position to control the price, but we would make much more money, and provide more and more jobs, and earn more in taxes. Plus light and water and transport would all work because if they don't , we go broke.

Rich nations use their natural resources, not sell them.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by RioCarputo(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will change Buhari and Lai Muhammed

6 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by specialmati(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
cool cool cool cool 8 ) dissolve the force marriage

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by olaolaking: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will change -
Our orientation.
Your orientation
My orientation

Orientation is the reason why we arw like this.

If you move all Nigerians to USA and move all USA to Nigeria, in 10 years, Nigeria will be like USA while USA will become like Nigeria.

The people who are complaining of corruption are doing so because it doesn't favour them. When it begins to favor them, they say it is their time.

The people who are complaining about the lawmakers getting so much money will not complain again when their brothers or family members become a lawmaker.

If any lawmaker refuses to pack as much money as possible, his people, his supporters, his family, etc, will complain, they will say the man is just wasting opportunity and chance.

If a lawmaker cannot build several houses in hometown, Abuja, Lagos, people will abuse him.

The same people complaining about police attitudes will do same things the police are doing the moment they join.

Who is deceiving who?

The reason while we dont have power is because of our orientation.

The reason while soldiers are harassing innocent civilians is orientation. All civilians complaining will do the same thing if they join army.

The reason while new brt busses get damaged quickly is because of the orientation.

The reason while fuel importers are import 5 vessels and but tell government its 17 vessels is because of the orientation ~ even you will do the same If you get chance.

The reason while some people send our imported fuel to Benin republic so that they can make more gain is because of orientation - you will do the same if you get chance

The reason while the millionaire in your street wants you to give him attention and respect when he is driving by is orientation - you will also do the same thing.

The reason while the people who have small power oppress the poor is because of orientation. You will likely do the same.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by meolaniyi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Zico5 post=105423491]Ok[/
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Richy4(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Teach Nigerians how to use their votes without financial gain involved like bag of rice etc..

4 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by onomeabuja: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change
The People That Live In It & All Those BMC Zombies Should Be Caged For Life!

8 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Pharmtj: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Power supply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) / Lagos To Replace Danfos With AC Buses / 2019: Give Me Time To Decide To Run, Buhari Tells APC Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.