Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman (6343 Views)

Datti Baba-Ahmed: Supreme Court Didn’t Affirm Tinubu As Winner / Woman Appears In Delta Court, Begs Gov Sanwo-Olu To Acknowledge Her Child As His / Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by kahal29: 4:53am On Sep 03, 2021
The Delta State High Court in Asaba did not restrain Yobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni and others from parading themselves as the All Progressives Congress (APC) Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) members.

A section of the media (not The Nation) reported on Thursday that the court restrained Buni and the CECPC members from conducting the local government and state congresses slated for tomorrow in Delta.

APC State Deputy Chairman Elvis Ayomanor and other officials are challenging the outcome of the ward congress in the state.

In an ex-parte application, they prayed for, among others: “An order of interim injunction of this court restraining the second to 14th defendants/respondents from further acting or parading themselves as the members of the CECPC of the first defendant (APC) pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice already filed and served in the suit.

“Alternatively, an order of interim injunction of this court restraining the second to 14th defendants/respondents from conducting the local government and state congresses slated for September 4, 2021, or any other date, and other congresses of the first defendant in Delta State, pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice already filed and served.”

Rather than granting the reliefs as prayed, Justice Onome Marshal-Umukoro ruled: “Reliefs 1, 2, 3 and 4 have to do with issues of services of processes on all the parties in this suit. Reliefs 5, 6 and 7 are injunctive reliefs being sought in the interim…

“Reliefs 1, 2, 3, 4 and alternative prayer 5 of the motion ex-parte are hereby granted. Alternative Prayer 5 is granted only in relation to the 15th defendant…”

The alternative prayer five is for the court to restrain the second to 14th defendants/respondents from further acting or parading themselves as CECPC members.

The 15th defendant in the suit is Jones Ode Erue, who was sued in his capacity as caretaker chairman of the APC in Delta.

He was not captured in the plaintiffs/applicants reliefs, which covered the second to 14th defendants.

Delta Court didn’t stop Buni as APC chairman
by Joseph Jibueze, Deputy News Editor and Jide Orintunsin, Abuja September 3, 2021

FacebookTwitterPinterestLinkedInWhatsAppEmailTelegram
Party: go to court, risk sanction
State caretaker chair expelled
Council congresses hold tomorrow
The Delta State High Court in Asaba did not restrain Yobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni and others from parading themselves as the All Progressives Congress (APC) Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) members.

××
A section of the media (not The Nation) reported on Thursday that the court restrained Buni and the CECPC members from conducting the local government and state congresses slated for tomorrow in Delta.

APC State Deputy Chairman Elvis Ayomanor and other officials are challenging the outcome of the ward congress in the state.

In an ex-parte application, they prayed for, among others: “An order of interim injunction of this court restraining the second to 14th defendants/respondents from further acting or parading themselves as the members of the CECPC of the first defendant (APC) pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice already filed and served in the suit.

“Alternatively, an order of interim injunction of this court restraining the second to 14th defendants/respondents from conducting the local government and state congresses slated for September 4, 2021, or any other date, and other congresses of the first defendant in Delta State, pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice already filed and served.”

Rather than granting the reliefs as prayed, Justice Onome Marshal-Umukoro ruled: “Reliefs 1, 2, 3 and 4 have to do with issues of services of processes on all the parties in this suit. Reliefs 5, 6 and 7 are injunctive reliefs being sought in the interim…

“Reliefs 1, 2, 3, 4 and alternative prayer 5 of the motion ex-parte are hereby granted. Alternative Prayer 5 is granted only in relation to the 15th defendant…”

The alternative prayer five is for the court to restrain the second to 14th defendants/respondents from further acting or parading themselves as CECPC members.

The 15th defendant in the suit is Jones Ode Erue, who was sued in his capacity as caretaker chairman of the APC in Delta.

He was not captured in the plaintiffs/applicants reliefs, which covered the second to 14th defendants.

The implication of the order is that Erue cannot conduct the congresses because he was restrained, but Buni can because the injunction, “which shall abate after seven days”, does not apply to him.

The CECPC yesterday warned members against taking the party to court or risk sanction.

The warning followed a legal action taken by some aggrieved members in the Delta State chapter.

On Thursday, the party expelled its caretaker chairman in Yola South Local Government, Alhaji Sulaiman Adamu for making uncomplimentary remarks about President Muhammadu Buhari.

Buni, who inaugurated the Local Government Congress Committees for tomorrow’s exercise said the Caretaker Committee was determined to carry out the directive of the December 5 National Executive Committee (NEC), which forbids members from taking the party to court.

Represented by CECPC Secretary, Senator John Akpanudoedehe, the he declared that the Local Government Congresses and the July 31 nationwide Ward Congresses were “legally protected.”

The Chairman urged committee members to go to their states of primary assignment with confidence, dignity, commitment, and pride.

He said: “We also use this opportunity to reiterate the resolution of NEC of our party to severely sanction members and their sponsors who take the party to court. His Excellency (Hon) Mai Mala Buni is determined to carry out to the letter the instructions of our leader, President Muhammadu Buhari, which is to rebuild the party, button-up. The process has reached an advanced ground stage.

“Rest assured that your assignment, as well as the earlier Ward Congresses nationwide, is legally protected. We are on solid ground.

“Consequently, the CECPC ratifies and adopts the results of the party’s earlier nationwide Ward Congresses held on Saturday, July 31st, 2021, however, any State Caretaker Committee who swears in any person or group of persons who are not elected through a congress conducted by the designated National Congress Committee of the Party is null, void and of no effect. However, where there are still complaints, the CECPC would be fair to all.

“Accordingly, the CECPC hereby directs you all to go and conduct nationwide Local Government (LGA) Congresses on Saturday, September 4, 2021, as contained in the official timetable/schedule of activities released by the party.”

The Director-General of Voice of Nigeria, Osita Okechukwu, who spoke on behalf of the LG Congress Committees promised to conduct the exercise in line with the Constitution of the party and the vision of the founding fathers of the party.

https://thenationonlineng.net/delta-court-didnt-stop-buni-as-apc-chairman/

1 Like

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Offorgerald15(m): 5:03am On Sep 03, 2021
Bloggers,they can do the undo

2 Likes

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by anambraamaka: 5:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by SecretReporter(f): 5:53am On Sep 03, 2021
Second to comment, am getting there someday

1 Like

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by 5ThChild: 5:54am On Sep 03, 2021
So the court judgement made in Delta stays in Delta. That's an insult on all judiciary members in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:54am On Sep 03, 2021
The Nigerian system is a joke...Ok bye

2 Likes

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by olufolarin2222: 5:54am On Sep 03, 2021
Noted

Gooday sir/ma am looking for job, am HND holder in Accounting, my additional qualifications are: Peachtree accounting (sage 50) SPSS, Computer Appreciation, CHRP, also experience in quickbooks.

My contact is :
0 7. 0. 38196116
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by 5ThChild: 5:55am On Sep 03, 2021
SecretReporter:
G
G-string
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by RichDad1(m): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2021
Whatever
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by WeDoItYourWay: 5:56am On Sep 03, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

4 Likes

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Cantonese: 5:57am On Sep 03, 2021
They always look for loopholes.

Buni has been informed by one of their SANs that his position is illegal. I see that actions taken by Buni would be declared illegal by the courts in the future.

APC in Delta state has been in trouble for years. And even if they put their house in order they cannot defeat PDP in that state.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Dproperties: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2021
Good for them
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by weyreypey: 6:00am On Sep 03, 2021
Who else didn't read the nonsense epistle?

3 Likes

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by ideatoprince18(m): 6:00am On Sep 03, 2021
The law favors the rich!!!!!

O Lord let there be disarray and Confusion in the camp of the enemies!!!!
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Terrence99: 6:03am On Sep 03, 2021
That funny-looking Buni with his standing ears. I don't know why people with big ears never hear word. I wonder if he has rest of mind because any court can declare his position illegal and there is nothing his almajiri legal adviser can do.

I love his tenacity tho, it is the spice what will make his fall sweeter.
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Ikert21: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2021
Funny situation
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by tunwumi: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by obi58: 6:10am On Sep 03, 2021
This just shows the current state of the nation where APC and PDP are embroiled in one lawsuit or the other.

We need to really pray for this country.

1 Like

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Seniorwriter(m): 6:11am On Sep 03, 2021
Nigeria's judicial system is skewed no thanks to square pegs in round holes leadership personnels like Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad & Malami
OmovuduTheBeast:
Failed country

5ThChild:
So the court judgement made in Delta stays in Delta. That's an insult on all judiciary members in Nigeria
tunwumi:
You have to wait for interpretation of judgment before you can categorically say this is what was granted.
Cantonese:
They always look for loopholes.

Buni has been informed by one of their SANs that his position is illegal. I see that actions taken by Buni would be declared illegal by the courts in the future.

APC in Delta state has been in trouble for years. And even if they put their house in order they cannot defeat PDP in that state.
olufolarin2222:
Noted

Gooday sir/ma am looking for job, am HND holder in Accounting, my additional qualifications are: Peachtree accounting (sage 50) SPSS, Computer Appreciation, CHRP, also experience in quickbooks.

My contact is :
0 7. 0. 38196116
Thanks

Why not offer your knowledge online.
Create your brand and start as a freelancer with propositions to peeps or organizations online.
You can even create your online auditing platform.
One word is enough for the wise.

In another news if you have access to internet and browsing gadget but you ain't earning from your online activities then you are very unwise.
Reach out via the facebook Id to know if you have something that can help you earn online for a token mentorship of $20.....ill charge for two reasons ;
# To enact seriousness on your part
# The certainty of the fact that you'll start earning after @least 4weeks of mentorship as long as you are diligent and follow tasks given to you.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
@SENIORWRITER.
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by tunwumi: 6:12am On Sep 03, 2021
You have to wait for interpretation of judgment before you can categorically say this is what was granted.
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2021
Failed country
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by baggioni: 6:18am On Sep 03, 2021
tongue
Judicial sumersault. Confusion in high places
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Samnavy: 6:19am On Sep 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by IVORY2009(m): 6:20am On Sep 03, 2021
WeDoItYourWay:
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Scammer

Stop this your spamming, don't send any money to him, he is a thief
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by WeDoItYourWay: 6:27am On Sep 03, 2021
IVORY2009:

Scammer

Stop this your spamming, don't send any money to him, he is a thief

I just finished going through your comments. And I see that you are just a very senseless human being hating on those carrying out their business legitimately.

Nothing is stopping you from posting your business adverts but stop going about making untrue comment about someone you don’t know anything about.

I won’t be surprised if you are just one useless internet fraudster, maybe that’s why you go about calling everyone scammer because you think everyone will choose to live a fraud filled life just like you.

Demented fool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by IVORY2009(m): 6:32am On Sep 03, 2021
WeDoItYourWay:

I just finished going through your comments. And I see that you are just a very senseless human being hating on those carrying out their business legitimately.

Nothing is stopping you from posting your business adverts but stop going about making untrue comment about someone you don’t know anything about.

I won’t be surprised if you are just one useless internet fraudster, maybe that’s why you go about calling everyone scammer because you think everyone will choose to live a fraud filled life just like you.

Demented fool

Until you are sensible anofe to stop spamming, I will keep, telling people to stop partroning you, you spam all front page threads, it's annoying, seeing your AD, all over the place, what will it cost you to buy an AD space?

Scammer like you
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by contigiency(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2021
Offorgerald15:
Bloggers,they can do the undo

Honestly. They are the once setting this country on fire with fake news. That's why they kick against law regulating the media.
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by AgentGoat: 6:41am On Sep 03, 2021
Na una sabi
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 03, 2021
Check this out if you are good at writing.

https://www.nairaland.com/6733407/professional-writers-needed
Re: Delta Court Didn’t Stop Buni As APC Chairman by ipobarethieves: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2021
sad Cows angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Convention Under Threat, Aggrieved Party Members Cite Ruling Against Buni / NPC Staff E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census “Ad-hoc Staff” Opens. / Yar’adua Has Been Discharged From Hospital — Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.