Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? (3412 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / President Buhari Arrives The City Of Madina, The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia - Photo / Army Reacts To Invasion Of Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja's Home In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by TownJ: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2021
Recently there has been this argument about the origin of the kingdom of OPOBO in present day Rivers state.

The truth is that, after the Biafran civil war, alot of cities were cut off from the south east to form present day south south.

King JAJA of Opobo the founder of Opobo kingdom was an Igbo man from Imo state. Anyone arguing against this should go do his research.

If king JAJA was an Igbo man, his descendants can not and never be Ijaw.

Any Ijaw in Obopo kingdom is simply a migrant.

4 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2021
Only 6% of Nigerians are Fulani

Yet Buhari is president

It's safe to say that opobo people are neither eboe nor Ijaw

They are opobo

This desperation for coast is getting embarrassing for eboe
popez:

If you don't have hard facts or don't have something reasonable to contribute, keep shut!!!
if you can't think

Fvck off! grin

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2021
You people and all this Una unnecessary thread. Are you even from Opobo wey Una no let us rest.

Abeg e don do jawe, make Una carry Una nonsense and senseless talk go Una forum.

Opobo this, Opobo that for the past two days now

8 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by TownJ: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
DubaiLandLord:
You people and all this Una unnecessary thread. Are you even from Opobo wey Una no let us rest.

Abeg e don do jawe, make Una carry Una nonsense and senseless talk go Una forum.

Oga face the facts and stop being a cry cry baby!

8 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2021
Nigeria, Southern Nigeria, Eastern region was a creation of the British.

Before southern Nigeria was created, Igbo lands were not United, If not for the British, it won't have been United till today.

So make Una let us rest about all this senseless talk.

If toh say nah France colonise Delta and Edo state, shey Una go open Una mouth for Nigeria dey claim another country land?

If Igbo land was one United Kingdom before the coming of the British, I would have understand sef

7 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by TownJ: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
theInterpreter:

Yet Buhari is president

They are opobo

Cry cry baby!

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by RobbStark(m): 10:50am On Sep 06, 2021
Another day another thread about the Ijaws of rivers state

The obsession, the hunger to have sea route.
Shame!.
I dey Opobo like this come and claim it to be Ibo na.

7 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2021
TownJ:
[color=#006600][/color]

Cry cry baby!
it's really embarrassing
A so-called majority group like eboe grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2021
TownJ:
[color=#006600][/color]

Oga face the facts and stop being a cry cry baby!
Cry about what?

Una just dey disgrace Una tribe with all this nonsense.

Maybe when Igbos eventually get Biafra, Una go also take Igbo land in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.

The funny thing is that you might not even be from the South South or Rivers state, yet, disturbing us with unnecessary talks that won't change nothing in reality.

5 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

Shame!.

Is getting very tiring.
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by triple996(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2021
Nigerian youths no get work walahi
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by RobbStark(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Truth of the matter is that, their noise end here. No where e reach.
I am currently in Opobo and nothing of cultures shows I am in Ibo land.
They said they were the original inhabitants of bonny yet the same ibos were sold as slaves thro bonny. How come their own kin allow them to be sold whereas the bonny people weren't sold.

They shud come up with another lie.
They have tried Wikipedia and Google to back up their claim but fail to show where Jaja was alculturated into being an Ijaw man before he was even made to lead a house in Bonny.
No matter how they twist the truth to suite their narrative, it won't change anything on ground.
Na normal cruise noise online

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

They said they were the original inhabitants of bonny yet the same ibos were sold as slaves thro bonny. How come their own kin allow them to be sold whereas the bonny people weren't sold.

They have tried Wikipedia and Google to back up their claim but fail to show where Jaja was alculturated into being an Ijaw man before he was even made to lead a house in Bonny.
No matter how they twist the truth to suite their narrative, it won't change anything on ground.
I've been to Bonny few years ago, is only on Nairaland I found out this talk of Bonny been part of Igbo land.
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by RobbStark(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I've been to Bonny few years ago, is only on Nairaland I found out this talk of Bonny been part of Igbo land.

There legit Ibo people doing biz in bonny and never for once will they tell you that bonny is Ibo land.
They face possible eviction if they try that
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by EcomPlus: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2021
This Opobo matter is getting serious.
Have they discovered a hidden treasure in Opoboland they are not telling us.

Cus I don't understand why out of all the issues bedeviling this country, na Opobo matter we wan carry for head this week.

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by popez: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:

Yet Buhari is president

They are opobo

If you don't have hard facts or don't have something reasonable to contribute, keep shut!!!

4 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2021
TownJ:
Recently there has been this argument about the origin of the kingdom of OPOBO in present day Rivers state.

The truth is that, after the Biafran civil war, alot of cities were cut off from the south east to form present day south south.

King JAJA of Opobo the founder of Opobo kingdom was an Igbo man from Imo state. Anyone arguing against this should go do his research.

Is former Eastern state only igbo state.... Former western region included Benin and most of the south south but Yoruba are not dragging them to yoruba nation. Jaja was a slave like most Ibos enslaved and brought to reiverrine to sell.... Biafra is a fraud.... Igbo land start and end in South East

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2021
TownJ:

Itshekiri throne and dressing are from Benin.

Yet Benins don't understand a single word of itshekiris.

So because itshekiri ancestral kings are from Benin.
Would we say they are Benin people? No.

They ancestral king met people.in the town

Same goes.for Opobo and Jaja

3 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Liebermantic: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2021
SlyDev:

Is former Eastern state only igbo state.... Former western region included Benin and most of the south south but Yoruba are not dragging them to yoruba nation. Jaja was a slave like most Ibos enslaved and brought to reiverrine to sell.... Biafra is a fraud.... Igbo land start and end in South East
Yoruba land started in Southwest and ends in Southwest

5 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2021
Liebermantic:

We respect ourselves.... We are not land grabbers... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by popez: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:

Yet Buhari is president

They are opobo

if you can't think

Fvck off! grin

You're embarrassing your brain.
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2021
Liebermantic:

Yoruba land stretches through three countries grin
Don't commit suicide abeg
popez:

You're embarrassing your brain.
You're mistaking me for your parents grin

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by popez: 11:51am On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=theInterpreter
You're mistaking me for your parents [/quote]

If you had reasonable parents, you wouldn't have brought in 'parents' into an online exchange.

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2021
popez:
I repeat
Fvck off grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2021
Igbos have no history......all they do is try to leech off to that of others.

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Igbos have no history......all they do is try to leech off to that of others.
very correct

What they can't leech unto
They mock
That's why they mock Yoruba history

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by OfoIgbo: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

Shame!.

Yesterday, I sent you a video of an Opobo woman talking. I still want you to interpret what she is saying. I also want you to interpret what the Opobo man of God was saying in that video.

You need to attend to that, before any other thing else, otherwise you will be considered a land grabber.

13 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
very correct

What they can't leech unto
They mock
That's why they mock Yoruba history

Lmaoo....facts, the only reason they can't leech off unto Yoruba culture is because we don't share any boundaries with flatin0s whose forefathers where uncivilized cannibals....lol if not, the chimps would have been claiming to have built the Oyo empire. From claiming Jews to claiming south south people, zero history and a record of being assfvcked in a war.....the typical Igbo is suffering from deep inferiority complex and group narcissism. Sometimes I pity for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:

Yet Buhari is president

They are opobo

if you can't think

Fvck off! grin
THE MINORITY TRIBE IN DELTA STATE CALLED ITSHEKIRI AND OKUN TRIBE OF KOGI STATE ARE YORUBAS

YOUR ARGUMENT IS SOUND
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by OfoIgbo: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

Aro people were dealing in slaves in huge chunks of Igboland. That does not mean Arochukwu people are not Igbos.
Neutral writers have already confirmed which ethnic group owns Ubani, and we already know which family owns Opobo.

11 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
IJOBA11:
THE MINORITY TRIBE IN DELTA STATE CALLED ITSHEKIRI AND OKUN TRIBE OF KOGI STATE ARE YORU
I know

Obalola55 grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by BSsniffer: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lmaoo....facts, the only reason they can't leech off unto Yoruba culture is because we don't share any boundaries with flatin0s whose forefathers where uncivilized cannibals....lol if not, the chimps would have been claiming to have built the Oyo empire. From claiming Jews to claiming south south people, zero history and a record of being assfvcked in a war.....the typical Igbo is suffering from deep inferiority complex and group narcissism. Sometimes I pity for them.

This should be in a dictionary defining the Igbo man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Screenshot Of A Message Sent To APC Delegates / Cryptic Message: Is VP Yemi Osinbajo Obidient? / G5 Was For Obi Until Wike Turned Around For Tinubu — Ortom Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.