Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,402 members, 7,850,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? (3446 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / President Buhari Arrives The City Of Madina, The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia - Photo / Army Reacts To Invasion Of Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja's Home In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
WHERE IS THE DETRIBALIZED NIGERIAN CALLED TONYEBARCANISTA

WE NEED YOU HERE ATENUJE grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by OfoIgbo: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Itshekiri throne and dressing are from Benin.

Yet Benins don't understand a single word of itshekiris.

So because itshekiri ancestral kings are from Benin.
Would we say they are Benin people? No.

They ancestral king met people.in the town

Same goes.for Opobo and Jaja

Your logic is highly flawed.

First of all the ruling families of both Ubani and Opobo are Igbos
Secondly, the indigenes of those areas speak Igbo as their first language, and most of them speak Igbo as their only Nigerian language.

Itsekiris and Benin people don't speak the same language. Igbo bible was written in Ubani Igbo. But i can assure you that Edo bible will never be written in Itsekiri

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
I know

Obalola55 grin
IS OBALOLA YOUR NAME

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
IJOBA11:
IS OBALOLA YOUR NAME
no
It's YOUR name grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
no
It's YOUR name grin
ABDUL-FULANI SO YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A NAME ON NAIRALANDgrin

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
IJOBA11:
ABDUL-FULANI SO YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A NAME ON NAIRALANDgrin
your descendants are Abdul Fulani grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
your descendants are Abdul Fulani grin
YOU’VE GOING FROM ONE THEEAD TO ANOTHER BOWING AND WORSHIPPING THEM, I NOR EVEN KNOW YOU AND FFK WHO LIKE OSHOFREE PASS

ATENUJE grin

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
IJOBA11:
YOU’VE GOING FROM ONE THEEAD TO ANOTHER BOWING AND WORSHIPPING THEM, I NOR EVEN KNOW YOU AND FFK WHO LIKE OSHOFREE PASS

ATENUJE grin
where did i worship Fulani? grin
E be like say you don sniff that tin again embarassed shocked cheesy
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by paramakina202: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Nigeria, Southern Nigeria, Eastern region was a creation of the British.

Before southern Nigeria was created, Igbo lands were not United, If not for the British, it won't have been United till today.

So make Una let us rest about all this senseless talk.

If toh say nah France colonise Delta and Edo state, shey Una go open Una mouth for Nigeria dey claim another country land?

If Igbo land was one United Kingdom before the coming of the British, I would have understand sef

Was Yoruba land united before the coming of Britain?
Yoruba was also a creation colonialism.
If Igboland start and end in SE so also Yoruba land start and end in SW.Bini land start and end in their 3 LGAs in Edo state.

4 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by IJOBA11: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
where did i worship Fulani? grin
E be like say you don sniff that tin again embarassed shocked cheesy
I GO SOON DIG AM OUT grin

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by theInterpreter: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
IJOBA11:
I GO SOON DIG AM OUT grin
stop sniffing dat tin abeg grin
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by oyatz(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:

Truth of the matter is that, their noise end here. No where e reach.
I am currently in Opobo and nothing of cultures shows I am in Ibo land.
They said they were the original inhabitants of bonny yet the same ibos were sold as slaves thro bonny. How come their own kin allow them to be sold whereas the bonny people weren't sold.

They shud come up with another lie.
They have tried Wikipedia and Google to back up their claim but fail to show where Jaja was alculturated into being an Ijaw man before he was even made to lead a house in Bonny.
No matter how they twist the truth to suite their narrative, it won't change anything on ground.
Na normal cruise noise online

Most of these people are IPOB members who are mostly semi-educated traders.

You won't see well educated and exposed guys from the S/East
like Soludo, Kingsley Moghalu or Prof Bath Nnaji declaring on social media that they own a whole people.

4 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by oyatz(m): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
paramakina202:

If Igboland start and end in SE so also Yoruba land start and end in SW.Bini land start and end in their 3 LGAs in Edo state.

What exactly do you guys gain in all these?

Suppose if everybody on this thread declare that Opobo is an Igbo town, how does it benefit you?

What do Nigerians even gain from membership of a tribe? Does belonging to a particular tribe make it easy for one to become successful in life?

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by paramakina202: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
oyatz:

What exactly do you guys gain in all these?

Suppose if everybody on this thread declare that Opobo is an Igbo town, how does it benefit you?

What do Nigerians even gain from membership of a tribe? Does belonging to a particular tribe make it easy for one to become successful in life?

It is all about keeping the record straight nothing more.
You can't see white and call it black and we let it stand.
Call Opobo what it is and forget the benefit.

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by oyatz(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Aro people were dealing in slaves in huge chunks of Igboland. That does not mean Arochukwu people are not Igbos.
Neutral writers have already confirmed which ethnic group owns Ubani, and we already know which family owns Opobo.

Good!

Since you already know all these, why all these threads upon threads trying to prove that Opobo ,Bonny and recently Kalabari are Igbos? Why aren't we seeing threads upon threads to prove that Owerri, Nnsuka or Aba are Igbo cities?
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
paramakina202:

There were different Yoruba kingdoms before the arrival of the British. It was the British that merge them as one.
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by ruggedtimi(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You people and all this Una unnecessary thread. Are you even from Opobo wey Una no let us rest.

Abeg e don do jawe, make Una carry Una nonsense and senseless talk go Una forum.

Opobo this, Opobo that for the past two days now
I tire...
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by oyatz(m): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
paramakina202:

It is all about keeping the record straight nothing more.
You can't see white and call it black and we let it stand.
Call Opobo what it is and forget the benefit.

Which records sir?

Why aren't we setting the same records straight about Onitsha, Aba, Abakaliki or Afikpo?
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by paramakina202: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
oyatz:

Which records sir?

Why aren't we setting the same records straight about Onitsha, Aba, Abakaliki or Afikpo?

Recognising people of Opobo as Igbo speaking people simple.They are not Ijaw as claimed by our neighbours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by paramakina202: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
There were different Yoruba kingdoms before the arrival of the British. It was the British that merge them as one.

And they were not known as Yoruba then.They were Oyo,Ijebu,Ife etc...

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by SweetiliciousD: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
SlyDev:

Is former Eastern state only igbo state.... Former western region included Benin and most of the south south but Yoruba are not dragging them to yoruba nation. Jaja was a slave like most Ibos enslaved and brought to reiverrine to sell.... Biafra is a fraud.... Igbo land start and end in South East

See painment

1 Like

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2021

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by oyatz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
paramakina202:

Recognising people of Opobo as Igbo speaking people simple.They are not Ijaw as claimed by our neighbours.

Which tribe are they presently?

And you think about twenty people on Nairaland is all what it takes to proclaim Opobo as Igbo people?
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by OfoIgbo: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
oyatz:

Good!

Since you already know all these, why all these threads upon threads trying to prove that Opobo ,Bonny and recently Kalabari are Igbos? Why aren't we seeing threads upon threads to prove that Owerri, Nnsuka or Aba are Igbo cities?

Opobo and Ubani are Igbo settlements.

Kalabari people are claiming they are not Ijaws. I know the Kalabari ruling family has Igbo ancestry, but I won't go as far as saying they are Igbos. Definitely they have Igbo blood, and may even have more Igbo blood than Ijaw blood in them.

The day you come to claim Owerri as an Ijaw territory, writings on Owerri will sprout from right left and centre

2 Likes

Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
paramakina202:

And they were not known as Yoruba then.They were Oyo,Ijebu,Ife etc...
Yeap.
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Thoh(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
RobbStark:
Another day another thread about the Ijaws of rivers state

The obsession, the hunger to have sea route.
Shame!.
I dey Opobo like this come and claim it to be Ibo na.

very shameless race.... landlocked has turned them to crazy people....
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Edonnaa: 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y cheesy

Good day, sorry for derailing this thread. Can you reply your DM, I will really appreciate
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by NakwansaPolice: 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
theInterpreter:
stop sniffing dat tin abeg grin
Mynd44 lalasticlala seun
Rule 2
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by Naigleria1: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You people and all this Una unnecessary thread. Are you even from Opobo wey Una no let us rest.

Abeg e don do jawe, make Una carry Una nonsense and senseless talk go Una forum.

Opobo this, Opobo that for the past two days now

True
Re: If The Kingdom Of Opobo Is Ijaw, Where Is King Jaja Of Opobo From? by BREYZ: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
TownJ:
Recently there has been this argument about the origin of the kingdom of OPOBO in present day Rivers state.

The truth is that, after the Biafran civil war, alot of cities were cut off from the south east to form present day south south.

King JAJA of Opobo the founder of Opobo kingdom was an Igbo man from Imo state. Anyone arguing against this should go do his research.

If king JAJA was an Igbo man, his descendants can not and never be Ijaw.

Any Ijaw in Obopo kingdom is simply a migrant.

You people should stop all these nonsense. You will never see people from developed nations do this. It's always Nigerians, some foolish Nigerian Youths who will not channel their lives into doing something meaningful. Ethnicity here and there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Kill 9 Peope In Sokoto, Kaduna, Niger / Abuja Airport Goes Agog Over Peter Obi / Ooni Of Ile-ife Shopping Mall, Named Ojajamore Opens In Ile-ife.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.