Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT (21723 Views)

Soludo Bans Touts From Collecting Revenue At Anambra Markets, Parks / ‘Deadman’ Jonathan Nkpumeh In Court To Stop Rivers APC Congress / Rivers Gov’t To Prosecute Owner Of Collapsed 7-storey Building, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT by LegalWolf: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2021
GEEBITE:
It speaks volumes that you are taking the lies from a quota system AGF with a pass from law school as gospel truth . We have seen the report the total cash release to NDDC for 20 years is 2.4 trillion out of budgeted 3.3 trillion. The quack lawyer added budgeted and actual which tallies to 5.7trillion. I can conveniently say birds of a feather.

To even make matters worse,you claimed Gombe and Bauchi are viable states. What significant economic activities are going on in those two states ti make them viable and a major contributor to our GDP. Without Fed allocation those two states will be bankrupt.

I would only respond to the other half of your argument for reasons best known to me. Please read what I wrote again, this time slowly. I never said Gombe and Bauchi are viable states. At all. Rather, I said they are NOT barren as insinuated by who I was responding to.
Re: Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT by lawkenoz(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2021
LegalWolf:

I would only respond to the other half of your argument for reasons best known to me. Please read what I wrote again, this time slowly. I never said Gombe and Bauchi are viable states. At all. Rather, I said they are NOT barren as insinuated by who I was responding to.

I understand all your points bro and you're somewhat correct. Necessity they say is the mother of invention....my personal opinion is that all the current Nigerian states are viable ( although not equally).

Both the north and south have thier share of corrupt leaders and when people refer to the regions they don't necessarily mean the ordinary people there but the political and elite class.

It's not an open secret that the Northern power brokers and the political class are opposed to the restructuring of Nigeria, of course there are a few southern elite idiots that will take the same position and it is well known that they do it to remain in the good books of the federal power and not be seen as opposition.

The North has the land mass for mechanized and modern agriculture than the south and that's fact, just that can place any northern state on the map for fiscal independence, food will never go out of style.

what is needed is the will to actually tow this fiscal federation route, but the current revenue system sharing make a lot of these states (both north and south) to be lazy.

Compared to the north though the south is more in support of it. It's common knowledge!
Re: Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT by LegalWolf: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2021
lawkenoz:

I understand all your points bro and you're somewhat correct. Necessity they say is the mother of invention....my personal opinion is that all the current Nigerian states are viable ( although not equally).

Both the north and south have thier share of corrupt leaders and when people refer to the regions they don't necessarily mean the ordinary people there but the political and elite class.

It's not an open secret that the Northern power brokers and the political class are opposed to the restructuring of Nigeria, of course there are a few southern elite idiots that will take the same position and it is well known that they do it to remain in the good books of the federal power and not be seen as opposition.

The North has the land mass for mechanized and modern agriculture than the south and that's fact, just that can place any northern state on the map for fiscal independence, food will never go out of style.

what is needed is the will to actually tow this fiscal federation route, but the current revenue system sharing make a lot of these states (both north and south) to be lazy.

Compared to the north though the south is more in support of it. It's common knowledge!

I partly agree with this views too.
Re: Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT by GEEBITE: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
I cant laugh hard enough. Viable and Barren are not antonyms the last time I checked .They are loosely related words .
LegalWolf:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija's Whitemoney Visits Senator Ike Ekweremadu At His Enugu Residence (Pix) / Zamfara Man Born In Owerri Has Right To Become Governor In Imo State - Igodye / God Will Disgrace My Adversaries – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.