Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland (5255 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2022
Focused Area

27th of January, 2022

"For even the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to lay down His life as a ransom for many." 10:45 Mark(KJV)

The world's most successful businesses are those who have discovered a strategic sweet spot in a congested market. This "focused spot" distinguishes the company from its competitors and gives it a distinct competitive advantage. Companies like Apple, Samsung, Amazon, and eBay, among others, have identified their strategic focused spot and are thriving as a result. They recognize their wheelhouse, their fundamental abilities, and how to maximize them to make the most effect possible.

In many ways, life is similar to that.When you identify your own "focused spot," you'll be able to optimize your own fulfillment and contribution in life. That focused spot for every Christian is characterized by the Bible in one word: service. Even Jesus, the Son of God, stated openly in Mark 10:45 that He did not come to be served, but rather to serve others. Jesus was in His element when He turned water into wine, fed 5,000 people with a few loaves and fish, healed the sick, and raised the dead. He was in His element as He sat in the mud to play with small children, struck up a discussion with a Samaritan woman at the well, and stooped to wash His disciples' feet. Jesus came to help people.

How much more should we focus our lives on loving and serving Christ through loving and serving others? What Jesus came to earth to accomplish, He entrusted to His disciples. And He didn't simply commission them to continue that task; He also empowered them with the Holy Spirit so that nothing would be impossible for them to do. We, too, are part of the service legacy. Every individual who has given their lives to God in faith has been given the Holy Spirit, who empowers us to serve in ways we could never do on our own.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for loving and serving me despite the fact that I didn't deserve it. I want to spend the rest of my life in my lovely home. Give me the strength to serve you as you have commanded the service of reconciling men back to God. Give me Faith to remain steadfast in love and humble servanthood. In Jesus'name, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 5:51am On Jan 28, 2022
Every person

28 January 2022

"As faithful stewards of God's grace in its varied forms, each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others." 4:10 1 Peter (NIV)

The authentic Christian life is supposed to be one of service, both to God and to others. 1 Peter 4:10 explains that when we serve others in Jesus' name, we are being "faithful stewards of God's mercy." At their core, Christians are thankful recipients of God's favor who devote their lives to faithfully sharing that kindness with others. That is, at least, what we should be.

Serving isn't just something you do; it's who you are. It's not just a thing; it's a way of life.As a result of our personal relationship with Christ, we should serve others. Our helping hands should be a reflection of our redeemed and transformed servant hearts as a result of the Gospel of Truth. Peter had no idea what each person's hobbies, gifts, or passions were when he wrote these remarks to the Church. He encouraged his siblings and sisters to serve, knowing that the Holy Spirit would lead and equip them. God would utilize anybody who is willing, Peter understood. In God's Kingdom, a willing heart is worth more than all the education and talent in the world.

So, how do we become willing to give God our lives to utilize as He sees fit?The most essential thing is to recognize how Jesus helped us by dying for our sins on the cross. When we genuinely comprehend the depth of God's love for us, we will realize that serving isn't something we have to do; it is something we have the opportunity to do. Serving others is a privilege since we are also serving Jesus when we serve others in His name.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for the gift of life. Thank you Jesus for demonstrating what it means to be of service to others. If anybody deserves to be served, it is You; yet, You freely gave up Your rights to serve me in the best way possible - by dying for my sins on the cross. Please help me to grow in my desire to love and serve You. In Jesus'name, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2022
Freedom To Pray

29th of January, 2022

"I therefore urge you, first and foremost, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be offered for all people – for kings and all those in positions of authority – that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2: 1-2 (NIV)

As Christians, we must remember ourselves more than ever that we are ultimately citizens of heaven, and that the world is not our forever home. We must find a way to strike a delicate balance between standing up for what is right and true while still living in peace with others to the extent that it is possible. We must be steadfast in our faith while simultaneously showing mercy and grace to those who do not know Him or believe His words....as well as those who are antagonistic to us as a result of Him. We must respect and pray for our leaders at the same time as holding them accountable to execute the job they vowed to do. This is a difficult balance to strike.

The most important thing we can do is pray. Only God has the capacity to change the hearts of powerful men and women. Only His Spirit can provide the wisdom required to address the complicated difficulties that confront our country today. Immigration, healthcare, and fiscal policy are not simple problems to solve. To address these critical issues and create real answers, our leaders require insight and hearts prepared to look beyond party lines. Our leaders, or even the rules of our country, do not have to earn our trust.Because God is the Sovereign Ruler of all things, we just need to put our trust in Him. We must have faith in Him and beg Him to move in the hearts of our leaders.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for the grace You've showered on our country. Despite the issues we face today, I am grateful for the freedom to worship You and share the truth of the Gospel with others without fear of being imprisoned or killed. This is a gift that not all of my siblings and sisters have received. Please don't let me squander this opportunity. May my most important political effort be spent on my knees, praying for our leaders, citizens, and issues. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2022
Hidden gifts

30th of July, 2022

"There are several types of gifts, but they are all distributed by the same Spirit. There are various types of service, but the Lord remains the same." 1 Corinthians 12:4-5(NIV)

What good is a present that hasn't been opened? It doesn't matter how much the donor spends on the gift, how carefully he chooses it, or how nicely he wraps it; if the gift goes unread, it's a waste of time, money, and effort. What if the gift is opened, but the recipient puts it on a shelf and never uses it? In both circumstances, the gift recipient has squandered the giver's generosity.

Spiritual gifts are no different. God's grace has been seen in every situation in the lives of every Christian.While our specific abilities may differ, God created us all in our own special way so that we can serve in His Body, the Church. Far too many Christians are squandering the gifts that God has bestowed upon them. Many people may believe that not serving or making use of their strengths and abilities isn't a huge concern. That is not the case; it is a huge deal. Individual members of the Christian community within local churches cannot be healthy, as Detrick Bonhoeffer pointed out, if they are not serving as God has instructed.

What are you doing with your spiritual abilities? What are you doing with the gifts and abilities that God has given you? God created you in the manner you are for a reason.When you serve others in His name, He gets the praise. If you are a Christian who is not a member of a local church, you should look for one to join and serve in. This is for your benefit as well as the Christian community's benefit. God didn't save us to sit around and wallow; He saved us to be brimming with joy. We can pour out because he pours in. Serving in the Holy Spirit's power is the most satisfying thing you can do. Have you taken use of the gifts that God has bestowed upon you? Are you using them, or are they accumulating dust on
a shelf?

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for the blessings that Your Spirit has bestowed upon me. Help me to use the gifts you have given me to reconcile men back to You. Give me the strength to use my gifts wisely to glorify You. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:10am On Jan 31, 2022
It's Valued

31st of January, 2022

"God is not unjust; He will remember your work and the love you have given Him in helping and continuing to serve His people." 6:10 in Hebrews (NIV)

How much of what you do in life is truly significant? When I say "matters," I'm referring to whether it will be relevant next week, next month, or next year. Will it make a difference once you're gone? In a decade or a century, most of what we do in life will probably be irrelevant. Any service we provide to God or others in His name, on the other hand, will be remembered for all eternity. "Always give yourself totally to the work of the Lord, because you know that your life is in the hands of the Lord," 1 Corinthians 15:58. I've never encountered a person who didn't want his or her life to mean something. We were all born with a God-given desire to make a difference...to leave a lasting legacy. The only way to satisfy this need is to live for God's honor. There is no such thing as a minor or trivial work for God. And there is no such thing as an impossible God-given dream.

So many individuals work hard their entire lives to fill their lives with things that will be gone one day. Because the cycle never stops, this is such a pointless way to live. You have to work harder the more you have. The more cash you have, the more things you can purchase. It's all part of the cycle.We were made for so much more by God. "You can either work harder or smarter." We are working smarter when we use our strengths, talents, and passions to serve Christ. This does not imply that you must leave your 9-to-5 job. Working for God's glory can take place in any situation where He has placed you. You can serve Christ as a garbage man or as a little league coach. You can worship Him whether you're a cashier or a stockbroker...a stay-at-home mother or a cardiac surgeon. A surrendered life can be used in infinite ways by God.

Each of us has a choice. We have the option of chasing the world's ideal or focusing our life on what actually matters: God and family.You are where you are in history for a reason, and God has placed you there for a reason. The people you know, the career you have, the church you go to...none of this is by chance. You've come to love and serve God through loving and serving others, utilizing the gifts and abilities that God has given you. You are loving and serving Him when you love and serve others, and He will remember and bless you.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for giving me opportunity to love and serve You through loving and helping others every day. Please assist me in remembering that the effort I do for You is never in vain. Give me strength and Grace to serve you by serving others until life is no more. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:34am On Feb 02, 2022
The Origin of Sin

2 February 2022

"For wicked intentions, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander spring from the heart." Matthew 15:19 (NLT)

The act of disobedience to God is known as sin. Sin offends God, and those who do it offend God. According to the Bible, the consequence for sin is death, which includes both bodily and eternal and spiritual death. Through a relationship with Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed of our sins. However, even if we live for Jesus, we will continue to sin until we are resurrected in heaven. Anyone who is serious about following Jesus and living a life of faith will be concerned about his own sin.

What is the beginning of sin? According to the Bible in Matthew 15:19, it says that sin originates from the mind.We shall consider an act of sin before committing it. Every sin begins in the mind. Consider the ideas and thoughts that have already occupied your head today. Are they centered on Christ? Do you have a strong desire to grow spiritually and serve God? Are you afraid, enraged, or depressed? What ideas do you have right now that are agreeable to God, and what thoughts do you have that are taking you away from God?

If you have impure ideas, they are most frequently the result of impure input. At a young age, you undoubtedly had someone in your life - a parent, teacher, or preacher - who warned you about the hazards of particular types of music, video games, or sex and violence on television. "Really?" you could have wondered as a teenager. TV shows and rock music can truly be a disaster to your mind.We don't even bring it up anymore because it's so frequent. The purpose behind any of these things, however, was not that the style or media were inherently evil. Rather, impure concepts are being fed into your head, which will lead to impure thinking, which will lead to transgression. So when your influencers encouraged you to avoid impure input, they were indeed acting in your best interests.

Therefore as a child of God, what are the inputs that feeds your minds? Are they fruitful or they destroy your salvation? Examine yourself today and make amends and glorify God.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for transforming my mentality as a Christian. Assist me in focusing my thoughts and desires on You. Convict me of any input in my life that leads to sin and so takes me away from You—the media, my phone, friendships, and entertainment. Assist me in putting my ideas to the test against Your criteria. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Confession of Sin

4 February 2022

"'Now, therefore, turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, tears, and mourning,' says the Lord. So rend your heart rather than your clothes
, and return to the Lord your God.' 2:12–13 Joel (KJV)

"Repent," was the first word in the first phrase of the first sermon Jesus ever taught on earth. Not only is repentance necessary for salvation, but it is also necessary for daily victory over sin as we live for Christ. Repentance entails more than simply admitting our sin—knowing that we have done something wrong in the eyes of God. It's more than remorse, too. We can know we've done something wrong and feel horrible about it without repenting.

Repentance is not a mood or a state of mind.Repentance is an action, a serious and deliberate turning away from sin as a result of realizing it was wrong. In the New Testament, the term repent comes from the Greek word metanoia, which is a composite word with two meanings: time and change, which can be indicated by the words after and different. As a result, the entire compound requires a shift in thinking. As a result, metanoia is mostly an afterthought that differs from the original thought. It's a change of heart and mind, or a change of thinking and behavior.

Repentance, according to the Bible, is a drastic shift from one way of life to another. Regardless of how we came to repentance for our wrongdoing, true repentance must result in a permanent change.It may involve feelings like sorrow, regret, and remorse, which are all signs of a heart that wants to turn away from sin, but true repentance is an action. Do you repent of sin in your own life as you discover it or as it is uncovered? You can do it in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly father, I repent of my sin right now. I turn away from what I know is contrary to You and Your Word. I choose to turn my brain and heart away from what I know offends You and instead follow Your path in those areas of my life where I am tempted to disobey You and have already done so. Forgive me, and guide me to live for You in all aspects of my life. In Jesus'name Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2022
Spirit-led walking

5 February 2022

"Then I say to you, walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill your fleshly desires." Galatians 5:16(NIV)

The Bible employs the term "flesh" to represent anything within a person that is hostile to God. We have some control over this with Jesus, but we will struggle with our flesh as long as we are on earth and not in heaven. God instructs us to walk in the Spirit rather than the flesh. We may more thoroughly resist the body and live as the person God created us to be when we are filled with the Spirit of God.

We must have the Spirit living in us in order to walk in the Spirit through total obedience and surrender to God. The Spirit then enters us, lives in us, and assists us in knowing God's will and pursuing Christ-likeness with our life. The Holy Spirit possesses every virtue imaginable. The Holy Spirit empowers us to withstand the hardships and adversity that life throws at us. Our daily lives are also guided by the Spirit. The Spirit understands the route that will lead you away from all that is harmful and negative and toward what will bless and help you, your family, neighbors, and friends. The Spirit also fills you with joy because of who you are in Christ, as well as peace and assurance as a result of your connection with Him.

We are more able to obey the Word when we are walking in the Spirit.You are not yet sinning when you are tempted, but it is a stage at which you might choose to disobey God or turn away from sin and obey God. The Holy Spirit aids us in resisting temptation.

All of your sinful desires are contained in the flesh. You may be trapped in lust or idolatry if your mind seeks satisfaction in something other than Christ. Living by the Spirit, on the other hand, results in acts that are motivated by a desire to follow Christ. The Bible reminds us of the "fruit," or activities, of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22. We shall have peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control as we live in the Spirit.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for the gift of life. I also thank You for the gift of your spirit.Please help me to live in the Spirit by allowing me to listen to Him on a daily basis. May Your Spirit remind me, as my guide, how to please You through my attitudes, ideas, and deeds when I am tempted and lust after things that are not of You. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:56am On Feb 06, 2022
The Prisoner's Mind

06 February 2022

"We demolish all arguments and pretensions that stand in the way of God's understanding, and we take every thought captive to make it subject to Christ." 10:5 in 2 Corinthians(NLT)

The brain is the command center for the entire body in human anatomy. The brain is the source of all actions, responses, and impulses. Because our thoughts contain spiritual components, the brain is not merely a mental organ; it is also a spiritual organ. Because the spiritual, mental, emotional, and bodily are all intertwined, it is impossible to separate them. So, if we want to have control and victory over sin, we must first get mastery of our minds.

This isn't primarily a combat situation, it is more of a spiritual fight.It's not only a moral war; it's also a mental one. Not just your heart, but also your mind are the first things that God transforms in you after you become a follower of Jesus. Your mind is essentially enemy-held territory before you come to Jesus. "Once you were alienated from God and enemies in your thoughts because of your sinful actions," Colossians 1:21 explains. God is on one side of a line, and your mind is on the other, if you don't know Jesus. "Love the Lord your God with all your mind," is the first and greatest commandment.

When you become a Christian, God enters your life and takes charge of your soul, heart, body and your mind.He wishes to direct your thoughts and mind. He wants to guide you not just in your daily activities, but also in your thoughts. Either you will govern your mind in terms of where you travel, how you live, and how you think, or you will lead your mind in terms of how it thinks, and therefore how you live.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for giving me the ability to regulate my thoughts and direct my mind as a result of Your Spirit living within me. Help me to "take my thoughts captive" and lead them toward You on a daily basis. Allow Your Spirit to guide me to think on the things that will strengthen my relationship with You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Life's sanctity

07 February 2022

"For You wove me together in my mother's womb; You made my inmost being." 139:13 Psalm (KJV)

Life's sanctity. It's a term coined by pro-life activists to describe the conviction that human life is sacred and holy. The term is most commonly associated with contentious issues such as abortion, euthanasia, and embryonic stem-cell research. It has become a political issue. It's been discussed. It has been stomped on, quite honestly, by a society that no longer believes it to be true. But what does God have to say about it? What does the Bible have to say about life?

Without first recognizing and believing Who is the Giver of all life, there can be no biblical regard for life.God is not only the source of life, but also intimately and personally involved in the formation of every human life that has ever existed. In Psalm 139, King David thanks God for creating his inmost being (literally, his kidneys...or internal organs) and for "knitting" him together in the womb. David is speaking of a God who personally and exactly produces us down to our most inward parts, rather than a God who puts life in motion and then stands back and lets nature run its course.

If we believe what God's Word says, which we should, we must recognize that the womb is a sacred space. This should not be difficult to believe because God has placed us in this position, even His son Jesus came through the womb.We can no longer use terms like "it was an accident" to describe unintended pregnancy if we believe this Word. Surprise? Maybe. Accident? Never. God doesn't do things by accident. If we believe this Word, we must adjust our attitudes toward infants born via rape. We need to modify how we think about children who are born with special needs or physical disabilities. They aren't catastrophes that their parents must face. They aren't mentally challenged. They aren't distorted in any way. They aren't inferior in any way. They, too, were made and stitched together by God's all-powerful and good hands.

Prayer
Heavenly Father I confess that my perception of You is sometimes too limited. Instead of choosing a space for You, I try to shoehorn you into one that I am familiar with. Help me to fully understand that the womb is a sacred place and teach me to honor you. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:01am On Feb 08, 2022
My God Who Sees Me

8th of February, 2022

"Your eyes observed my unformed body; before one of them came to be, all the days set for me were written in Your book." 139:16 Psalm (KJV)

God is referred to by a variety of names throughout the Bible. Some of these titles were given to Him by people in the Bible, while others were names He chose for Himself. Each name represents a different aspect of His personality. One of these names was initially used by a woman named Hagar. "You are the God who sees me," she replied when God met her in her misery. I've seen the One who sees me now" (Genesis 16:13). The Hebrew word "El Roi" is translated as "The God Who Sees Me."El Roi is the God who counts the hairs on our heads and every tear that we shed. He is well-versed in every aspect of our situation. When we pray to El Roi, we are praying to a God who is fully aware of our lives. Even the most attentive parent has to sleep; nevertheless, our Heavenly Father never sleeps. El Roi doesn't miss a single detail of what's going on. Everything is visible to him.

According to Psalm 139:16, King David recognized God as El Roi. He recognized God's all-seeing nature, saying that God sees both what is and what will be. It's incredible to imagine El Roi seeing us in His mind's eye... picturing how He will shape and fashion each and every one of us.He not only sees us, but He also sees each of our days, which are pre-determined and recorded in His book. Yes, He is the All-Seeing God! How could we not trust a God like that? If we know Him as El Roi, how can we mistrust Him? How much time and energy do we devote to attempting to be seen and recognized when we already have this need met in Jesus? When we put our confidence in Christ and have our eyes opened in faith, we see God clearly for the first time. "I have now seen the One who sees me!" we exclaim, as Hagar did. Are you familiar with God as El Roi?

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for seeing me for who I am and loving me unconditionally. Thank you for forming me in your image and likeness. I know you see my every pain, challenges and each drop of tears that drops down my cheeks. Only you can come through for my in my situation and change everything for your own glory. Thank you for knowing my even before I was. Thank you for a secured future and hope of eternity with You. In Jesus'name I pray, Amen

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2022
Social Equality

10 February 2022

"Evildoers have no understanding of what is right, but those who seek the LORD have complete understanding." Proverbs 8:5(NIV)

In contemporary culture, "social justice" is a buzzword that is heard not only in schools and businesses, but even in churches. Indeed, we are discussing social justice concerns when we discuss racism, abortion, poverty, immigration, and the environment. And Proverbs has a unique perspective on justice, claiming that only those who serve God are aware of true justice.

When you think about it, this must be true because we grasp the ultimate justice - the only justice that matters in eternity - which is God's justice toward sin. We are aware of sin and its consequences, as well as the importance of repentance.We do know, however, that God sent Jesus to pay that penalty on our behalf. God's justice was served, and the price was paid—by God Himself, not by us. The tale of the Gospel is about the most vital sort of justice there is.

True, biblical social justice is impossible for those who do not believe in the Gospel. Without Christ, social justice is reduced to a series of "nice actions" that will not save people from the consequences of their sins. These actions, according to the Bible, are filthy rags. Even if something we do appears to be nice outside of Christ, there is no good in us at all. When Christians seek social justice concerns in our culture, they should do it in the context of living within their faith to glorify God, and "to fearfully and trembling work out your salvation, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to accomplish his good plan." For a Christ follower, social justice efforts are more than good deeds; they are acts that God has prepared for us to accomplish His objectives.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for sending Jesus to rescue me. Thank you for saving me from my sin, even though You are just and there is a consequence for it. Now that I've experienced your justice, please assist me in seeking out good deeds as someone who understands what social justice truly entails. Show me how I can move beyond the trials of this world. Give me the strength to overcome this perverse generation. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:19am On Feb 11, 2022
Prejudice

11 February 2022

"There is no such thing as a Jew or a Greek, a slave or a free man, a male or a female, since you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 (NIV)

Prejudice abounds in the world. Prejudice is rampant in our society. As a result, it's impossible not to admit that our hearts are filled with bias on some level. Prejudice is a belief we have that is not founded on facts, logic, or personal experience. It's the prejudice we have toward people we don't even know. It pervades our minds and has an impact on our relationships, families, businesses, and faith communities.

It would be naive not to acknowledge that we are all prejudiced to some extent in our daily lives.There are always aspects of our past, family, lifestyle, education, or that might impact our thoughts of others in an unhealthy way, no matter how balanced one attempts to live. And it is those prejudiced views that lead to prejudiced behaviors. This is why, in Galatians, the Bible reminds us that our standing in Christ is the same for all believers worldwide. In the eyes of our Savior, no one is better than or worse than another.

Simply by looking at our lives and relationships through a fresh lens, we can begin to remove harmful and damaging prejudice. We must be willing to look through the lens of Christ rather than the lens of our minds. What does Christ think of that person or circumstance?When He observed sin, Jesus called it out, but He also ate with criminals and tax collectors, and healed the unclean and the possessed. The truth is that Jesus welcomed and loved people who many of us would never associate with in His time or now. If we take the time to see the world through His eyes, we will have taken the first and most important step toward ensuring that prejudice does not exist in our own lives.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for creating me, as well as the diversity in race, thought, and preference that You have bestowed upon each individual as Your one-of-a-kind creation. Help me to see all men as equals in Your sight, and because of that, I will be able to perceive all men as equals. Thank you Lord for teaching me your word through the spirit's inspiration. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2022
On The Inside

12 February 2022

"God does not see as man does, because man sees external appearances, but the Lord sees the heart." 16:7 in 1 Samuel (NIV)

Our culture is so focused on the outer world. What we wear, how we speak, what we do, where we live and work, and how we connect with people are all factors to consider. We have titles for all of our internal flaws: racist, bigot, sexist, and homophobe. Some of these designations are well-deserved, as our culture contains racists and bigots. However, we often try to solve this problem by assisting people in saying or doing the appropriate thing on the outside. However, the truth is that the true problem is on the inside.

God sees and understands our hearts, which lie beneath all of our outward actions. God is already there in the deep areas where no one else can see us unless we let them in, and He sees us more clearly than we see ourselves. Perhaps it's time to perform some spring cleaning, to go inward and consider how God sees us in light of His Word. Are we seeking His will and ways in the places where it matters the most? Is it possible that we're cleaning up our outward appearance to hide something on the inside that isn't quite right?

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for the gift of life, health wealth and strength.when it comes to who I am on the inside, please help me to truly follow You in all aspects of my life so that I can reflect You in my attitudes, deeds, and thought. Please show me the things in me that are not compatible with who you are. Teach me to be who you want me to be. Give me eternal life in heaven after the end of my journey here on earth. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:50am On Feb 13, 2022
Change

13 February 2022

"And I will give them one heart, and I will give them a new spirit." I'll take out their stone heart and replace it with a fleshly heart..." 11:10 Ezekiel (KJV)

Following murdering Christians in the early church, the Apostle Paul went on to become the greatest theologian of all time, writing half of the New Testament after his conversion. Moses, too, was a murderer before God picked him to lead His people out of Egypt's servitude. When Zacchaeus, a tax collector who resembled Mr. Rogers more than Bernie Madoff, encountered Jesus, he was transformed. Men who had committed extremely evil crimes were changed by their contact with and relationship with God, according to the Bible. In the life of a fully changed man, Ezekiel speaks of a new heart...the heart of stone being removed and replaced with a living, throbbing heart of flesh. This is a representation of someone who is alive in Christ.

If true change occurs in our culture and world, it will be due to a change of heart. Fascism, racism, dictatorships, poverty, hate, and pride are all ills that we face, and they will only be eradicated if we see men sincerely repent and be transformed by the power and blood of Christ.

Prayer
Heavenly Father I thank you for giving me a new heart as a result of my relationship with Jesus. Then Jesus, I was a stone sinking to the bottom of the sea of sin. But now that I'm here, I'm alive in You. The lifestyle and things I do back then, I give them up for You. I can't thank You enough for shedding your precious blood on the cross for the remission of my sins. Please teach me dear Lord to walk in thy precepts all the days of my life and fill me with your spirit. Take away from me the story heart and fill me with the heart of flesh. Come glorify yourself through me. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2022
A Brand-New Song

14 February 2022

"After that, I looked, and there before me was an uncountable number from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." They were dressed in white and held palm branches in their hands. 'Salvation belongs to our God, Who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb,' they shouted out loudly.~ Revelation 7:9-10 (NIV)

Do you ever wonder what it would be like in heaven? Several books and movies have been published in recent years about people who claim to have crossed over to the other side and then returned to tell us all about it. There have been hymns and top-of-the-charts radio hits,and poetry about the place where believers will spend the rest of their lives. Most people quickly recognize phrases like "pearly gates" and "streets of gold" as descriptions of heaven. But what does the Bible have to say about it? What does the Bible say about heaven?

The Bible describes heaven as being racially varied in Revelation 7:9-10. The residents, who number in the thousands, are different geographically, racially, and culturally, but they are entirely united. Isn't that almost inconceivable in our world? In our environment, race relations elicit a wide range of emotions, including outrage, fear, fury, and grief. However, this is not the case in paradise. There is harmony in heaven. In heaven, the Redeemer's glory outshines the Redeemed's differences. In Revelation 7:10, they sing the song "Salvation.""Our God, Who sits on the throne, owns salvation..." God is ours. We begin to sing a new song when we turn our gaze away from ourselves and toward Christ. It is a song of reconciliation, healing, and hope. Hope comes from a living Savior who is the solution to all of the world's problems.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for penetrating our brokenness in order for us to experience Your healing. I am aware that You are our world's only hope. Assist me in being a ray of hope in the midst of racial discord. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:46am On Feb 15, 2022
Watch your words

February 15, 2022

"Do not speak anything unwholesome, but only what is useful in building people up according to their needs, so that those who listen may benefit." Ephesians 4:29(NIV)

Our words have a tremendous amount of power. We can use them to bring life and blessings, or to bring death and curses. The traditional adage, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me," is completely false. Words may often cause wounds that are much deeper and linger much longer than physical wounds. Words have tremendous power...and controlling one's tongue can be quite difficult.

Thankfully, Scripture provides us with some basic principles to follow in a way that pleases God.One such rule can be found in Ephesians 4:29, where Paul encourages believers to be selective in the ideas they let to escape their lips. In essence, Jesus tells us what mothers have always said: "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all." Who knows, maybe the first moms who gave that advice were members of the Church of Ephesus.

First and first, is what I'm about to say healthy? To answer this question, it's helpful to know what the word "unwholesome" means in its original form. "Rotten, bad, worthless," it means. So, how valuable are my words? If you don't want to utter them, don't. Second, do my words assist in the development of others in accordance with their needs?Will my statements encourage others to become more godly? Finally, do my remarks help the individual who is listening? This question could be rephrased as "Are my words a gift of grace to the person I'm speaking with?" in the original language.

These rules will assist us in speaking in a way that honors Christ and provides grace to those who hear us. I am convinced that if we used these criteria to filter our views before sharing, we would be better off. Less talking and more listening would be the norm. There will be less squabbling and more forgiveness. Less division and more unity.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for Your perfect Word, which teaches me insight and truth about the power of my words. Please assist me to use the right words when talking to those around me. May my word not be a destruction to someone's world out there. Help me to honor you through my word daily. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2022
God's Creation

16 February 2022

"However, ask the animals, or the birds in the sky, and they will teach you; or speak to the ground, and it will teach you; or let the fish in the water inform you." Who among them does not recognize the LORD's hand in all of this? Every creature's life and the breath of all humans are in His hands."~Job 12:7-10(NIV)

God makes Himself known to man in a variety of ways. It is via His Word, the Bible, that He accomplishes this. He accomplished this via Jesus Christ, who lived as a man, died for our sins, and rose again. In addition, God exposes Himself to us through His creation. It's worth noting that we employ an unique term to describe God: "revealing." God does not reveal everything about Himself to us, and we will never know everything there is to know about Him. He is both understandable and incomprehensible to humans. So whatever God reveals about Himself is intended to help us better understand and relate to Him.

The process of creation is intricate.

God's creation is exceedingly complex, including land, sea, air, animals, plants, ecosystems, planets, orbits, stars, cosmic motions, and events. Consider the complexity of human beings. Humankind's thoughts, ideas, intellect, ability to learn... to grow and pass on knowledge and experience, emotions, and the workings of our physical bodies are all incredibly rich. God is very intricate, as we can see through creation. God reminds us that we may not always comprehend how He is acting in a certain situation by displaying His complicated nature. We can trust God in things we don't entirely comprehend that affect our daily lives, just as we trust the sun to rise and set as needed, even though we don't fully grasp how the sun operates, was created, or supports itself.

The beauty of creation cannot be overstated. Plant and flower varieties, fantastic animals, incredible and breathtaking vistas, and the exquisite colors of sunset are just a few examples of creation's innate beauty. God's beauty is revealed in creation.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for allowing Your creation to reveal Your personality. The beautiful wonders of your hands is beyond human imagination. The heavens and earth obeys You. Thank you for the beauty of your creation and teach me to humble myself in total surrender to you. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2022
Seeking God

17 February 2022

"From above, the Lord looks down on all of humanity to see if there are any who comprehend, any who seek God." "Everyone has turned away, everyone has grown corrupt; there isn't a single nice person left." ~ Psalm 14:2-3 "(NIV)

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me pulls them," the Bible states (John 6:44). We rely on the Holy Spirit to draw us closer to God. We can praise the Holy Spirit for instilling that desire in us if our thoughts begin to turn toward God. The faith to know God, to be attracted toward God, and ultimately to surrender to God is all a gift from God. Everything in us that yearns for God is a gift from God. "By grace you are saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves," says the Bible. It is a divine gift" (Ephesians 2:cool.

If we are left to our own devices, we will pursue almost anything other than God. Nobody comes to faith in Christ because they suddenly felt compelled to move away from themselves and seek out a perfect God they had no means of knowing. God gives us the free gift of faith to seek Him, then the gift of redemption to be redeemed from our sins, and the gift of Jesus' resurrection to experience eternal life with Him via His love and mercy.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for giving me the courage to seek You out, trust You, and surrender my life to You. I recognize that my ambitions and dreams in my sin were solely for myself. You have taught me to know and obey You through Your word and Your Holy Spirit. I'm glad for the trust You've placed in me, for it's made me Yours. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2022
A Proverb for the Wise

18 February 2022

"You shall not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may do everything contained in it." For then you will prosper, and then you will be successful." 1 Chronicles 1:8 (NIV)

Everyone aspires to be successful on some level. We live in a culture that values individual achievement, whether it is demonstrated by athletic ability, commercial acumen, or domestic care and compassion. A trophy, a luxurious home, the experience of travel and adventure, and a certificate on the wall are all examples of success. Being successful spiritually is a very different matter, but it can make all the difference. A close, passionate, and profound relationship with God is the key to spiritual success. We don't have to look any further than the Bible to find this success, according to the Bible. When we read and study the Bible, we learn not just about God, but also about our place in His universe.

The Bible instructs us to concentrate on God's Word at all times of the day and night, and to act on what is written. A successful life is characterized by a pattern of listening to God through His Word and then obeying what He says through trust in Christ and the Holy Spirit's power. What is the incentive for obeying God? Success... Not success in the traditional sense of the word—money, relationships, or experiences. True success is only possible when you know God and are in a relationship with Him via faith in Jesus. Are you looking for the key to life's success? It is only a few steps away from you, much like the Bible.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for Your written Word, the Bible. Help me to learn more about You and how to become more like Jesus as I obey the Word each day as I read it every day. Give me the wisdom to recognize true success and the will to seek it in accordance with Your will and ways. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2022
God's Grace

19 February 2022

"Lord, my Rock and Redeemer, may these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight." Psalm 19:14(NIV)

Because of our Rock and Redeemer, we can truly come into the presence of the God of the universe and be agreeable to Him and accepted by Him. Do you have any idea who the psalmist was referring to in Psalm 19:14? Jesus. The Rock of Ages is Jesus. By dying on the cross, Jesus became the Redeemer of humanity. God has spoken to us in a variety of ways. In the skies, he has spoken. In the scriptures, He has spoken. He has spoken to the soul, but He has reserved the finest for last when He spoke through Christ.

One of the astronauts who went to the moon was Jim Irwin. "When I glanced out and saw the world, approximately the size of a small pebble, I thought, 'How large am I?'" he said after he returned. In comparison to the universe, I am a particle of dust - if even that small.' Even so, this insignificant speck has the ability to know God! To know the One who holds the cosmos in His hands, to know His love, and to follow His guidance. I saw - felt God's love for the earth for the first time... That's when I understood God adored that tiny blue marble, that tiny blue planet. He adored all of the billions of people who lived on it, including me! At that point, I realized that my relationship with Christ was the most precious thing I have.

We discover everything of God we can know in Jesus, and we have all of God we require in Jesus. We see God's glory in the skies, God's instruction in the Scriptures, God's goodness in the soul, but we see God's grace in the Savior. God is here, there, and everywhere, and you can find Him at a cross and an empty tomb where He is waiting to meet you at any time, whether you are on earth looking up at the moon or on the moon looking back at earth.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die on a cross for me and rise again so that I may have eternal life. Reveal yourself more to me and help me to know you more. And help me to share your gospel and teach others what you have taught me. Help me to obey you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:15am On Feb 20, 2022
Sensitive to Sin

20 February 2022

"No one born of God makes it a habit to sin,since God's seed abides in him, and he cannot continue to sin because he is God's child."~ 1 John 3:9(NIV)

A healthy immune system is a sign of a healthy body. Our immune system was created by God to keep hazardous germs out of our bodies and to kill those that do get in. The immune system is a complex network of cells and organs that work together to defend the body against infection. When an infection is recognized, a healthy immune system will send lymphocytes (a kind of white blood cell) into the body to combat it. When the immune system is weakened or sick, it affects the entire body.

A healthy Christian spirit will want to combat infection and rid the body of disease as soon as it is recognized, just as a good immune system will want to fight infection and rid the body of sickness as soon as it is detected. God's Holy Spirit comes to reside inside of you when you dedicate your life to Jesus Christ. Since that time, an internal battle has raged between the Spirit and the flesh...between the new heart and the sinful flesh. Putting our faith in Jesus does not make us immune to sin, but it does make us more aware of it. The Holy Spirit may not always remove the impulse to sin, but over time, he will increase our desire to please God rather than sin.God's Spirit functions as a spiritual immune system, recognizing infection and teaching us how to guard our hearts against sin.

In Jesus Christ, all of the ravages of sin have been addressed. He fulfilled every righteous condition before triumphing over all eternal consequences. There is eternal life in Jesus. Please accept my sincere apologies. Eternal companionship. Forgiveness for all eternity. How sensitive you are to sin and how quickly you want to clear your life of it when it enters is one of the signs that your relationship with God is healthy.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for rescuing me from the horrors of my sin. Thank You for sending Your Spirit to me so that I might be aware of sin in my life. Show me any transgression in my heart and give me the grace to confess them and turn away totally from it. I consecrate my life in Christ. In Jesus'name, Amen

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Wonderful Exchange

21 February 2022

"All of us have become dirty, and all of our virtuous actions have become filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and our sins sweep us away like the wind." Isaiah 64:6(NKJV)

Isaiah Didn't the prophet Isaiah know how to draw a crowd? Filthy rags withered like a leaf, washed away by iniquity... Is this the most upbeat sermon you've ever heard? God, on the other hand, had a message for His people, and Isaiah was chosen to deliver it: Sin defiles the soul. Sin is unclean and disgusting; and sin makes us dirty and filthy.

It is critical to seek God's truth because this knowledge awakens our need for a Savior.Why do you think God spent years committed to Old Testament Temple worship, complete with ceremonies, feasts, and animal sacrifices, when He states in Psalm 51:16 that sacrifices and burned offerings are not pleasing to Him, and in Hebrews 10:4 that the blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sin? Why did His people worship in a hopeless and impotent way to save themselves? It was to demonstrate to them and the rest of the world that no man can ever accomplish enough, be enough, or give up enough to meet God's righteous ideal. Why? Because sin defiles the entire person.

This fact only applies to those who haven't been cleansed in the Lamb's blood by trust in Him. God had another message for Isaiah to deliver. "I delight exceedingly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God," he declares in Isaiah 61:10. For He has clothed me in salvation garments and clad me in His righteousness robe..." That, my friends, was a foreshadowing of what was to come in the person of Jesus. There will be no more filthy rags, no more pointless adoration. Salvation was on the way! Yes, sin pollutes...but Jesus cleanses. We are new creations in Him, clothed in His righteousness rather than filthy clothes. What a lovely trade!

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for the righteousness You have given me via Jesus. You could have abandoned me in my filthy clothes of sin, but You chose to seek me out and save me, trading my filth for Your righteousness, my sin and shame for Your salvation, out of Your love and grace. Please remind me of who I am in You at all times. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2022
Free Your Mind

22nd of February, 2022

"For I am aware of my sins, and my trespasses are always before me." Psalm 51:3 (NIV)

After the prophet Nathan confronted King David about his infidelity with Bathsheba, he wrote Psalm 51. David had spent a year attempting to cover up his adultery, which had occurred around a year before. When you read Psalm 51, it's clear that his transgression had turned into a crushing weight of sorrow, shame, and guilt. David went to bed pondering his transgression. He awoke thinking about his transgression. He went about his kingly duties while contemplating his sin, and he ate his meals while contemplating his guilt. That sin followed him everywhere he went and in everything he did, dominating his mind.

A Christ follower's thinking is dominated by unconfessed sin. It is difficult to avoid the conviction of unconfessed sin if you are truly born again and have the Holy Spirit living inside of you. I mention "unconfessed sin" because it's vital to remember that Christians don't have to live in perpetual remorse over their sin because we'll still sin. But, in His Son, God has given a means for us to be free from the shackles of sin. If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and purify us from all unrighteousness, according to 1 John 1:9. Without having a deep, meaningful connection with Jesus, it is impossible to have one living a life free of sin. We cannot have a strong connection with God without daily confessions.We must agree with what God says about such things by confessing them and turning our hearts and minds to God, as the Spirit faithfully convicts us of ungodly attitudes, thoughts, and behaviors. If we are to live the full life of freedom that Jesus came to give us, we must maintain this rhythm of conviction and confession.

We can't be separated from God because of our sin. It can't take away our salvation, but it can make us miserable and ineffective witnesses for Christ's cause. The throne of David remained intact. He was still God's chosen King...but he was an unhappy monarch who was rotting from the inside out. He wasn't the picture of a man after God's heart on the inside.Every believer is affected in the same way by sin. You may be able to dress up to appear like royalty on the outside, but sin will eat you alive on the inside, take your joy, and fill you with humiliation if you don't deal with it.

Prayer
Heavenly Father hank You, for releasing me from the agony of sin's mental torment. As I confess my sin and know that You will always forgive and cleanse me because of Jesus. Please enable me to be alert to the Spirit's conviction and to respond quickly in humble confession when I sense it. Amen, in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:53am On Feb 23, 2022
Emancipated

23rd of February, 2022

"Now the Lord is Spirit, and where the Lord's Spirit is, there is liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17(KJV)

In the life of a real believer, sorrow will follow sin as certainly as night follows day. It's difficult to be both a growing, healthy Christian and a joyful sinner at the same time. It's impossible for both to exist at the same time. God made a strong statement at the beginning of creation when He said, "Let there be light," eternally separating darkness and light.

This physical truth in creation is mirrored in every Christian's spiritual reality. The light of the world is Jesus. He invades the sin-darkness of our life when we submit our lives to Him in faith.His light brings about transformation, healing, and liberation. However, this spiritual actuality is not immediately felt. We must grow in the Lord's knowledge and wisdom, learning how to live as children of light over time. The effect is disappointing and damaging if a born again child of God attempts to continue living in sin. Your joy will be sapped by sin.

"Christ has set us free for freedom," says Galatians 5:1. "Stand steady, then, and do not allow yourself to be enslaved by a yoke of slavery once more." Nothing is more tragic than a free person who continues to live as a slave. If you're wearing shackles, it's because you haven't decided to let go and walk away in the power of Christ.Don't stay a slave any longer. You've been released!

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for releasing me not only from the penalty of sin, but also from the power of sin each and every day. Please show me any areas of my life where I am enslaved unnecessarily. Give me the faith to let go of my chains and walk in the liberation of the cross. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2022
Law Breaking

24 February 2022

"I have sinned and done what is wicked in Your eyes exclusively against You, You alone; therefore, Your verdict is correct and reasonable when You judge." Psalm 51:4 (NIV)

We do more than disobey God's law when we sin. God's heart is broken because of us. Sin is an affront to all that God is, and it desecrates every gift He has bestowed on us in His Son. Based on his comments in Psalm 51:4, King David realized this fact. Despite the fact that he had committed adultery and had a direct hand in the murder of a man, David claimed that his fault was only against God. Sin, by definition, must be against God, because it is only via God's law that we are able to live.

I'm not only talking about the Ten Commandments when I say "God's law." After all, long before God established the written rule, sin entered the world through Adam and Eve. Within the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were allowed perfect freedom save for the fruit of one tree, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The fruit of that tree would kill you. We all know the ending...they disobeyed God and ate from the forbidden tree. And death and sin entered God's lovely creation. Why? They did so because they defied God.

Unbelief was at the heart of Adam and Eve's sin. Was God truly all-powerful? Was it true that He was the most knowledgeable? Was it possible that He was concealing something good from them?All sin stems from this doubt and unbelief. This, I believe, is one of the most obvious reasons why sin crushes God's heart... Because when we sin, we choose ourselves over Him, despite the fact that He has provided us with all we require.

When God's heart breaks, your heart will break, too, if you have a healthy connection with Him. You don't want anything standing between you and God. When the dirt of sin clogs up God's communication line, you won't be able to hear Him, see Him, or enjoy Him as much as you could until things are made
right
through confession and repentance.

Prayer

Heavenly Father please forgive me for forgetting that all of my sins are directed first and foremost against You. Please assist me in repenting of my wrongdoing so that no barrier exists between us. Help me to live in the truth and knowledge of your word, and try as much as possible not to break your commandments. Guide me each day through each step to be more like Jesus. As I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2022
Sin's Consequences

25 February 2022

"Then they both realized something they'd never known before. They became aware that they were completely naked. So they wove fig leaves together to make clothing for themselves. Then Adam and Eve then heard the Lord God in the garden walking. It was at the end of the day, when it was the coldest. They hid from the Lord God in the garden's trees." Genesis 3:8-10 (NIV)

When we offend against God, we will experience three distinct repercussions. The very first sin, when Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden, represented these repercussions. They noticed they were naked as soon as they started eating. They were remorseful for what they had done. They stitched garments to conceal themselves because they were ashamed of their bare bodies. As God approached them as a result of their sin, they felt terror for the first time and fled to the trees to hide from God.

Any sin we commit against God produces three feelings: guilt, humiliation, and fear. Following the first sin, God went on to explain the more serious consequences of sin, such as eternal separation from Him and spiritual death. He ejected Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden. We still have to deal with the repercussions of sin. We are guilty of breaching God's ideal when we sin against Him. In our selfish behaviors, we embarrass ourselves. And we have every reason to be afraid of God's anger.Throughout our sinful existence, we are plagued by feelings of guilt, humiliation, and dread.

Thankfully, we have Jesus, who, when we dedicate our life to Him, removes all of the consequences of sin. Not only are we forgiven of our sins, but all of the repercussions are also removed when we trust in Jesus. Thank You, God, for sending Jesus to suffer on the cross for my sins and for rising Him from the dead to pay the penalty.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You that as a follower ofJesus, I don't have to live with the guilt, shame, or fear that comes with sin. Help me to live fully for Jesus, knowing that I am free to devote my entire life to Him. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:08am On Feb 26, 2022
Restoration

26 February 2022

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be forgiven, that the Lord may bring seasons of refreshing, and that He may send the Messiah, whom He has destined for you—even Jesus." Heaven must accept Him until God's time arrives to restore all, as He promised through His holy prophets many years ago." Acts 3: 19-21(NKJV)

Furniture restoration is quite popular. Instead of purchasing a new item for your home, you might choose to restore an existing one. A piece of furniture might become discolored, worn, or ruined over time. The paint may begin to flake, and the upholstery may get faded and damaged. What was once a lovely artwork in someone's home room has now become a blight. But then, it can still be seen as a thing of value, so some changes get done and what was destined for the trash bin becomes brand new.

Remember that, despite the fact that our sin has broken us and our disobedience has injured us, God does not abandon us. Instead, He sees us as something valuable that has to be restored. God begins the process of returning us to Himself when we humble ourselves, repent, and give ourselves over to Jesus. He removes the sin layers and replaces them with His righteousness. For His glory, He restores us to the prized state of His creation.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for restoring me to Yourself when I repent and call on You for redemption. You have given me a new lease on life and a new sense of purpose. You repair what was broken in me for the sake of Your glory and I can't thank You enough. Fix me for Your purpose and glory. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:30am On Feb 27, 2022
Undercover

27th February, 2022

"For I am aware of my sins and they are always before me." I have sinned and done what is wicked in Your eyes exclusively against You, therefore You verdict is correct and justified when You judge." Psalm 51:3-4(NIV)

At some point, every youngster does it. They crawl into a corner, bury themselves beneath a blanket, and hide, knowing they've done something bad, broken something precious, or committed some other offense against mom or dad. And we carry that idea with us for the rest of our lives. On the news, we see "cover-ups," where people hide sin, crimes, and misdeeds. Who hasn't "swept their mistakes under the rug" to keep them hidden from inquisitive eyes?

Attempting to cover up our guilt dates back to the first sinners, Adam and Eve, who covered themselves with leaves when they discovered they were naked in their sin. We practice denial, claiming that our sin doesn't truly exist and that God doesn't have an objective moral rule. We may also engage in concealment, in which we are aware that something is incorrect yet keep it hidden from others. Another ruse is to reinterpret sin as a "mistake," or to argue that what we're doing now isn't truly wrong because society has evolved so much since the Bible's time. The truth is that none of these coverings help us overcome our sin problem.

"He who covers his faults shall not succeed," says Proverbs 28:13. God is aware of our transgressions, and all of our misbehavior is ultimately directed against Him. But, luckily, there is a method to expose our sin and have it entirely covered by God. We have "propitiation" for our sins via Jesus (Romans 3:25). Jesus' death on the cross accomplishes more than just atone for our sins. He departs with them.

P[b]rayer[/b]
Heavenly Father thank you for dying on the cross to atone for my sins. Thank You for removing my sin from my life so that I no longer have to hide or fear the consequences of my transgression. Please help me to live for You, and may Your Spirit continue to reveal things in my life that do not belong to me. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2022
Wrongdoing

28 February 2022

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; blot out my faults according to Your great compassion." "Wash away all my sins and wash me from my transgressions." Psalm 51:1-2(NKJV)

Wrongdoing can be described in three ways. "To breach a forbidden border" and "to rebel against God's law" are two definitions of transgression. Because it is foolish to suppose that you might transgress against an all-knowing, always-present God and get away with it, the word iniquity implies "perversity." "To miss the mark" is the literal meaning of the term sin. It doesn't just mean missing God's mark for you; it also means missing the mark for what is best for you.

That is precisely the point. Sin isn't described as a "error," "misfortune," or "misjudgment" by the psalmist. He refers to it as God refers to it. That is what the term confess means...to agree with God on the definition of sin. It's not a relationship; it's adultery. It's not just faking the numbers; it's outright lying. Borrowing forever is not the same as stealing. To be free of sin, one must undergo profound transformation, therefore what does Psalm 51's author ask for?

He begs God to forgive him for his sins. Sin leaves an indelible mark. The author wishes to have the record wiped clean. If a Hebrew committed an offense during this historical period, he may make a sacrifice to atone for it, but there were no such sacrifices available.King David, the author of this psalm, had done both. It is difficult to undo the act of adultery, and you cannot reclaim the life you have taken. The only thing David could do was appeal to God, who was the only one who could wipe the slate clean.

"Wash away all my sin," the psalmist continues. Sin not only makes you guilty in God's eyes, but it also makes you filthy. You miss out on God's best for you because of sin. He, on the other hand, is always ready to receive you in your sin, cleanse you, and return you to righteousness so that you might live a life that honors Him.

Prayer,

Heavenly Father I confess my faults to you today. I'm sorry for my wrongdoings and acts I have taken that is against your commands. Please forgive me Dear Lord. Help me to abstain from every form of sin. Teach me to walk in Thy footsteps. I pray in Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2022
Little Sins

1st of March, 2022

"O God, refresh a steady spirit inside me and create in me a pure heart." Psalm 51:10 (NIV)

"Create in us a new heart and renew a firm spirit," we're truly saying, "I want to be changed from the inside out, not only on the outer." It is extremely difficult for people to let go of sin, especially "pet sins." Though we may have difficulty asking God to pardon our sins, we will discover that we have no trouble forgiving ourselves for some transgressions.

Maybe your pet sin isn't so horrible after all. It's not quite the same as murder on the scale of wrongdoing.Is it, after all, really hurting anyone? Each of us collects and holds on to "pet sins" that we continue to perpetrate, either to a degree we render for our own mind or because we can keep it a secret. It's possible that it's because we don't want to let go of it. Alternatively, we may feel stuck in that sin, and while we trust God in many areas of our lives, we don't believe God will be able to free us from that sin's grip.

I can tell you right now that if you are addicted to pornography, drugs, alcohol, a terrible temper, or filthy language, all of your New Year's resolutions are completely meaningless and powerless. What we all require is the renewal of God's Grace. Why do we commit sin? It is due to the fact that we are all sinners. We are who we are, therefore we do what we do. We require a comprehensive spiritual overhaul, not just modest repairs. Our problem, you see, is much bigger than individual sins. Our issue is sin. You must not only deal with what you do, but also with who you are.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for saving me through your Son Jesus. I have a sin nature in me that I don't want and can't get rid of. Thank You for sending Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin. Create a new heart in me, one that is wholly devoted to You and completely despised by sin. And give me a heart that won't go back to sin. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2022
Rejected Savior

2nd of March, 2022

"A man of sorrows and acquainted with pain, he was despised and rejected by men." Isaiah 53:3(NIV)

Wounds caused by a friend can be far more painful than those inflicted by an opponent. Because the pain comes as a surprise, it seems to cut much deeper and sting much more. It festers and takes a long time to heal. At some point in our lives, we have all been rejected or betrayed. All betrayal and rejection, no matter how big or small, significant or insignificant, hurts... From being the last one picked on the elementary school playground to the deep hurt of being abandoned by a spouse or parent, all betrayal and rejection – no matter how big or small, significant or insignificant – hurts... The anguish might be intensified by the depth of the relationship and trust.

In the midst of such anguish, there is no greater consolation than the knowledge that our beautiful Savior, Jesus Christ, was also deceived and rejected - even by those closest to Him. Two of Jesus' twelve disciples turned away from Him. Peter rejected Jesus out of concern for his personal safety, while Judas betrayed Jesus for a bag of money. On the night of Jesus' arrest, Peter denied ever knowing Him three times. Oh, Judas, that kiss must have shattered Jesus' heart. His own people also turned against Jesus, yelling, "Crucify Him!" No one in history has ever been rejected as much as Jesus was on the cross when God poured out His anger on His Son as a result of our sins.

When I consider Jesus - the suffering and rejection He endured as a result of my wrongdoing – I am moved to respond in the same manner He did: with grace and forgiveness. I'm not suggesting it'll be simple, but it'll be doable. The Gospel's depiction of Jesus' rejection reminds me that He died to set me free from bitterness, rage, and despair. Because of His love and forgiveness for me, I may choose to love and forgive others through the power of His Spirit, even those who have gravely wounded me. Looking to Jesus, above all, reminds me that He is my most devoted friend, the One who would never abandon, injure, or betray me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for washing off my sins through the death of your Son Jesus. Jesus You are the most devoted friend I have ever had. Thank you for teaching me how to forgive, even when I have been terribly injured by others. Thank you for allowing me to forgive myself for rejecting You. Give me the courage to love others as You have loved me. As I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re : Why are the Devil And His Angels Not Yet In HELL ? / My Thoughts On Tithing / POPE Francis Warns ANY "Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 271
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.