Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland (5261 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2022
Repentance

7th of April, 2022

"I have sinned and done what is bad in Your sight against You, You alone, so that You may be proved right when You speak and justified when You judge." Psalm 51:4 (NIV)

After committing adultery and murder, King David wrote Psalm 51. Through the prophet Nathan, God confronted David's sin. The King's answer to the conflict is recorded in this psalm. David's claim that he has only sinned against God is intriguing (v. 4). What about Bathsheba, the lady with whom he had an affair? What about her husband, Uriah, whom he had assassinated on the battlefield? Didn't he also commit a transgression against them?

Through his repentance, King David teaches us something important: at its core, every sin is against God. God is the only one who exists. Because God is the Creator, He establishes the standard. "To miss the mark" is the literal meaning of the word "sin." Who was the one who established the bar? As soon as He created humans, God did (Genesis 2). From Adam and Eve in the Garden to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Israelites through Moses, the prophets, and finally, His Son Jesus and the Apostles, God has given us His commands.

We must realize that all of our sins are directed against God. He is the one who defines sin. He exposes sin. He is also the only one who has the power to pardon sin. Yes, seeking forgiveness from those who have been harmed by our wrongdoing is an important part of the rebuilding process. But it is first and foremost God who is offended by sin.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for another dawn of a new day. I know I have sinned against you . My sin is always directed at You. Lord, please forgive me for disobeying You. Today, lead me down the path of justice and righteousness. Help me to walk in your footsteps all the days of my life. In Jesus' name.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or SMS to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2022
Peace

April 8, 2022

"You are aware of the message God brought to the Israelites, proclaiming the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, the Lord of all." Acts 10:36 (NASB)

Thousands of years of prophecy were fulfilled in Jesus and the message He conveyed. It was a promise that was kept to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as well as their descendants. God's message in Christ is the good news of peace, according to Acts 10:36. Peace with God, not peace with men.

Only Christ can provide us peace with God. There isn't any other option. John the Baptist was sent by God to prepare His people for the coming Messiah. When Christ arrived, John immediately recognized Him as the Lamb of God, the Messiah, who had come to take away the sins of the world. What an amazing Savior! He not only died for our sins, but He also became our sin so that, through trust in Him, we might have peace with God. This is the most enigmatic of all secrets... The hope of glory is Christ in you (Colossians 1:27). Never take it for granted that we have peace with God because of Jesus. It is, after all, one of God's greatest marvels of grace.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are a wonderful father. How do I begin to express my gratitude for Jesus? I am well aware that there is nothing I can say or do to merit this gift of peace from You. I just have my heart and my life to offer. May You be glorified through and in me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or SMS to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2022
Thirsty

9 April 2022

"As a deer seeks streams of water, so does my soul seek You, O God." My heart yearns for God, the living God. When will I be able to meet with God?" Psalm 42:1-2((NLT)

How many times do we regard God as if our lives rely on him? We approach Him with a to-do list in hand. "God, I've been a good boy. Here's what I'm looking for from you." As an adult, the items on the list may differ...good health, safety, financial security, tranquility, and so on. Are our hearts, however, any different from the youngster on Santa's lap? How frequently do we talk to God about who He is rather than what He gives?

Aren't the psalmist's words in Psalm 42:1-2 so unfamiliar to most of us? How many Christians can honestly claim, "Like a thirsty deer, my soul cries out for God." "When may I go and meet with God?" he asks in verse 2. The beauty is that, because of Jesus, we no longer need to go to God. He is a part of us! There is no queue, no waiting, and this is not a once-in-a-year event. You can now communicate with Him. We can choose to crawl into His lap and have a chat at any time of day or night, in silence or in the midst of a crowd, in church or at home.

This is a unique opportunity that should not be overlooked. God should not be utilized to achieve our goals. He should be revered. Only a relationship with God through Jesus can quench the profound hunger of every human soul. A thirsty soul will not be satisfied by any of the world's treasures. So, instead of making lists, let's go to God with empty hands and a willing heart. Then and only then will we be able to enjoy genuine Living Water.

Prayer
Heavenly Father You are all I require. I don't always act as if I believe it, but I know it to be true. Please transform my heart so that it is solely focused on You. Fill me with living water and quench my thirst to be spirit filled for you. I want to know you and love you more, teach me to. And help me and my loved ones make heaven to be with you for all eternity. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:06am On Apr 10, 2022
The Only God

April 10th, 2022

"When everyone saw this, they prostrated themselves and shouted out, 'The LORD – He is God!' "'The LORD is God!'" 1 Kings 18:39( NIV)

God's Word makes it obvious that we can't love both Christ and the world at the same time. We can't claim to be followers of Jesus while yet holding on to our old ways of thinking and life. This is exactly what the Israelites were attempting. They desired to worship both God and Baal at the same time. It all came down to a lack of faith in the end. God's people were, in a sense, "covering their bases." They also offered sacrifices to the gods of the world in case God was not who He claimed to be.

With an astounding encounter with the prophets of the false gods, Elijah seeks to get to the bottom of their skepticism. He is pressuring God's people to pick a side in this way. Their back-and-forth behavior is unfit for a holy God. The following events resembled a battle between Elijah and Baal's prophets...and, more significantly, Baal and Jehovah. God triumphed with a tremendous victory.

"So these people will know that You, O LORD, are God, and that You are changing their hearts back again," Elijah prays to God as he requests God to burn away the sacrifice (which was saturated in water, along with the altar). Consider what God had done for the Israelites... every piece of proof of his existence. He had selected them out of all the peoples of the earth, not because of anything they had done, but because of His will (Abram and Sarai). Even when they were unfaithful, He had formed a covenant with them and had never failed to keep His word. Despite this, they did not entirely believe in their God.

How do we fare today? Are we that dissimilar? Do we worship God and God alone, trusting in His character, or are we divided in our faith, like the Israelites were? We have the crucifixion and the tomb that is empty. That is all the proof we will ever require.

Prayer
Heavenly Father I admit that I can be dubious at times, striving to follow You with a split heart. Please accept my apologies. Please help me to trust you with all of my heart. Teach me to follow your footprints all the days of my life through my every actions within and without me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2022
Our All-Powerful God

April 12th, 2022

"Ah Sovereign LORD, by Your mighty power and outstretched arm, You have created the heavens and the earth." "There is nothing too difficult for You." Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)

Nothing is too difficult for God to handle. Allow that reality to sink in for a few moments in your mind and heart. It's a fantastic thought. The proof for this reality is everywhere, visible and unseen, at all times. God's enormous power created the oxygen we breathe, the sun that warms the earth, and the invisible galaxies in far space. God and the people He created for His glory began a wonderful connection with the first documented words He said, "Let there be light."

Why is it so difficult for us to believe that God is All-powerful? On the one hand, we take His authority for granted in a variety of ways. His hands gave us the air we breathe, gravity, the earth's rotation, and the ability to wake up in the morning. How frequently do we thank God for these blessings or even consider them? On the other hand, we are preoccupied with the minor elements of life. Money, relationships, and jobs may all drive us into a downward spiral of worry and misery.

Jeremiah 32:17 is like taking a long, deep breath. When overwhelming thoughts and sensations invade our minds, we can remind ourselves that our Sovereign LORD created the heavens and the earth with His enormous strength, and nothing is too difficult for Him.

Prayer
Heavenly Father! You are the one who created the heavens and the earth. Your grace is abundant, and Your strength is unlimited. Why do I have my doubts? Why am I afraid? Why should I be concerned when You are my God? Lord, strengthen my trust. In moments of stress, bring to mind the realities in Your Word so that I might cling to You rather than my feelings. Thank you for your unwavering loyalty to me. In Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2022
God, Who Is Enough

April 13th, 2022

"Though the fig tree does not bear fruit and the vines bear no grapes, though the olive harvest fails and the fields provide no sustenance, though there are no sheep in the pen or cattle in the stalls, I will exult in the LORD, in God my Savior." My strength comes from the Sovereign LORD, who makes my feet like those of a deer and allows me to scale the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19(NIV)

Have you ever had the opportunity to travel to a third-world country and visit with Christians? I've had countless opportunities to do so, and I'm always grateful...and convicted. What astonishes me the most is their joy and gratitude. I've met a lot of families who live in "houses" made out of whatever trash they could find. Seven or more individuals may share a room, sleeping on the floor and eating only one meal per day. Water is a rare commodity that must be obtained by walking to the nearest source. There is a lot of delight despite the lack of air conditioning, shoes, medical care, or indoor plumbing.

Why, is my initial thinking. Where does this gratitude originate? I have a hard time being grateful when I have more than I require. What is the key to their success? Almost every time, the answer is the same. If you ask these brothers and sisters why they are so happy, they will respond with a smile and the phrase "God is good!" He is dependable!"

They've discovered that happiness is contagious. Joy is the product of something far more profound...and long-lasting. Countless Christians around the world have been able to "travel to the heights" of poverty, persecution, and suffering because of God's grace. They've realized that God is sufficient. He is everything they require. He is far more than they require. Great strength and delight come with this elusive reality. Only God can provide true delight. God is sufficient in both plenty and scarcity, sickness and health, lowlands and mountaintops. He is good, and His love is eternal.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I'm grateful for so many things. I yearn for happiness that isn't contingent on my circumstances. Please assist me in rejoicing in You alone. Please show me the areas of concern to dwell in you all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
True Friendships

April 14th, 2022

"And Jonathan formed a vow with David because he adored him as much as he adored himself." Jonathan removed his robe and gave it to David, along with his tunic, sword, bow, and belt." 1 Samuel 18:3–4(NIV)

Jonathan and David shared a special bond. The vow they formed with one another is depicted in this text. In those days, trading robes and weapons was a big deal. Because persons were often recognized by the color of their robes, it indicated a change of identity. Weapons were given as a symbol of their fierce loyalty to one another. "Your enemies are my foes," they were essentially declaring. I'll fight beside and for you. The friendship vow was extended to their families, as well as future generations.

What was the foundation of this friendship? Jonathan established the agreement because of his love for David, according to verse three. We can presume that the feeling was reciprocated. Because promises are so easily made and broken in our culture, it's difficult for us to grasp the whole significance of this exchange. In biblical times, this was not the case. A covenant was a lifetime commitment that was never taken lightly. A covenant can lead to death if it is broken. These two gentlemen were true friends in every meaning of the word.

Can't we learn a lot about true friendship from this relationship? "Love as you love yourself," how many individuals do you "love as you love yourself?" Friendship is built on the foundation of self-sacrificial love. It is the glue that ties the relationship together, and it is the source of great togetherness and loyalty. Today's trend is to try to form friendships based on shared interests and backgrounds. Jonathan and David, on the other hand, came from two distinct universes. Jonathan was Israel's King's son, and David was a shepherd. Of sure, shared interests play a part in friendship, but they are a flimsy basis.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for my family, friends and loved ones around me . Please assist me in making these relationships a priority so that they can continue to deepen and expand in love. Assist me in being a friend who leads others to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2022
A True Friend

April 15th, 2022

"Friendly wounds can be trusted, but enemies multiply kisses." Proverbs 27:6(NIV)

"A friend loves at all times..." states Proverbs 17:17, which most of us are familiar with. But perhaps we might pause before quoting today's scripture, "Wounds from a friend can be trusted..." Both are 100 percent true since they are found in God's Word. So, in friendship, how do love and wounding coexist?

A healthy Christian existence requires spiritual accountability. Accountability is impossible without honesty, and honesty can be painful at times. True friendship, as portrayed in Proverbs, is willing to temporarily hurt sentiments in order to achieve eternal goals. A true friend will not let you continue to sin without holding you accountable for living such a life. This kind of biblical friendship is really uncommon. It's a connection that necessitates openness and trust. Making ourselves vulnerable may not feel natural. Being honest about our deepest struggles, fears, and hidden sins is difficult. Isn't it a huge leap of faith to put ourselves out there like this? It's a lot easier to keep our most vulnerable bits hidden behind a wall of quiet.

Do you have at least one person in your life who you can trust with your wounds? Is there someone in your life who loves you enough to bring out your faults while you aren't aware of them? If not, I urge you to start praying for someone like that. May you have and be holy in this way.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I recognize that it is Your intention for me to live a holy life, which I know is impossible for me to do on my own. I need Your strength and grace, as well as the fellowship and accountability of my Christian brothers and sisters. Please bring others into my life who want to be friends in a deep and biblical way. Assist me in becoming this type of friend to others. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Give It Up

April 16th, 2022

"Even your parents, brothers, relatives, and friends will betray you, and some of you will be executed." Because of Me, all mankind will despise you." Luke 21:16-17(NIV)

It is natural for people to want to be liked by others. Whatever stage of life we are in, we all care about what others think to some extent. While this is most prevalent during adolescence, we compare ourselves to and try to impress our peers even as adults. And, if we aren't careful, we may find ourselves living our lives to satisfy others rather than God.

In Luke 21, Jesus warns His disciples about what is about to happen. They are giving up an easy, comfortable existence if they choose to follow Christ. They will give up man's approval. They will, in fact, assure man's betrayal, persecution, and hatred. The fact that this betrayal would come not just from Christian-haters, but also from people closest to them, was perhaps the most surprising news for them.

Christ's disciples acquired what mankind can never take away by being steady in their faith, even at the risk of death. "To live is Christ, and to die is gain," the Apostle Paul stated. Are you willing to sacrifice relationships for Christ's sake? Is it more essential to you to gain His approval or to please other people? It costs something to follow Jesus. This cost varies from individual to person. What have you had to give up in order to follow Christ?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are worth whatever I could lose on this planet for the sake of You. Thank You for giving me something that will last forever. Please assist me in remaining faithful to You, even when it is difficult. Make me willing to follow You even if it is met with ridicule or contempt from those around me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2022
Training To Finish

April 20th, 2022

"If only I could finish the race and fulfill the assignment that the Lord Jesus has given me — the responsibility of testifying to the gospel of God's grace – I would consider my life worthless." Acts 20:24 (NLT)

The half of the difficulty isn't completing the race, but finding the motivation to run every day to train. Long-distance running can be trained in a variety of ways. Most instructors, though, would agree on a few crucial elements. Coaches assess success not by the number of runners who line up at the starting line, but by the number of runners who finish the race.

Paul summed up his life's mission in Acts 20:24. The only thing that mattered to him was finishing the race and fulfilling his role as a Christian disciple. His attention was on the gospel, and he was deliberate in carrying out his mission. In many respects, following Christ is like running a marathon. We can't just "show up" for life every day and expect to finish strong and finish our God-given mission. The Christian life, like running, necessitates the consumption of fuel. God's Word and Spirit provide nourishment for our hearts and equip us to be ministers of His grace. Rest is also required. We must learn to rest in His might, relying on His might rather than our own. We have to place ourselves on self-discipline.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Like Jesus, I want to finish the race strong. That, I understand, necessitates a great deal of resolve and sacrifice. Please forgive me for allowing my attention to be drawn to the fleeting things in my environment. Please assist me to remember the duty You've given me on a daily basis, and to make decisions that put me in the center of Your plan for my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2022
Love

April 21, 2022

"The most important is this,' Jesus replied, 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.' 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength,' Mark 12:29(NLT)

God's demand for love in this chapter is not an emotion. It's a verb that portrays love as a voluntary act...a decision we can make. Our devotion for God should not be based on our emotions or circumstances. It's a decision to give up everything we are in order to give up everything He is. The natural approach to love is to be moved by someone else's feelings and actions. This isn't Christ-like since it doesn't necessitate God's presence and power. When it is simple...when it feels good and is beneficial to oneself, everyone can love.

Our love for God is superficial if it is based on how we feel or what we see Him do. It will not withstand the storms of life. God's methods are higher than ours, and His thoughts are more numerous than the sand grains. Even as growing Christians, what we see and understand is limited. God is limitless. We must not allow our love and faith in an all-knowing and intelligent God to be dictated by circumstances.

This is why God commands believers to love Him completely. He understands that such love is a divine act. Take a moment to analyze your heart the next time you say, "I love God." Do you love Him according to His standards or according to your own?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am grateful that Your love for me is not based on my deeds, but rather on a decision You have made and will honor at all times. Please assist me to love You totally and fiercely in both word and deed. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
Faith-Based Living

April 22nd, 2022

"For the gospel reveals a righteousness from God, a righteousness that is based on faith from beginning to end, just as it says: 'The righteous will live by faith.'" 1 Corinthians 1:17(NLT)

Living by faith is looking forward with hope and assurance to a time when we will be free of sin. Christ will come again to claim His bride. Despite pain, this idea leads to a happy and bountiful life. It serves as a reminder that this world is not our home. It makes us want for heaven and motivates us to live for Christ and others who do not know Him. Faith in the future brings a sense of calm and urgency to our life. We are compelled to persevere in the work He has given us to undertake because we know He will not tarry forever.

Do you believe in God? Do you live your life with complete faith in Christ's past, present, and future work? As our faith strengthens and grows, it pervades every aspect of our life. This is what it means to be a person who lives by faith.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, My prayer for today is for You to strengthen my faith! I ask that my actions reflect my faith in You, allowing others to witness Your kindness and power through me. Help me to remember that I live by faith in Jesus' work today and tomorrow, not only what He did on the cross. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2022
Keep The Faith

April 23rd, 2022

"I have maintained the faith, I have finished the race, and I have fought the good battle." Now the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will bestow on me on that day – and not only on me, but also on all who have awaited His coming." 2 Timothy 4:7-8(KJV)

The majority of us despise thinking about dying. "Teach us to number our days," Psalm 90:12 states, "so we may present to You a heart of understanding." To count our days is to keep in mind that life is short. If we don't, we risk becoming arrogant and living as if we have complete control over our life. Setting aside time to reflect on the brevity of life on a regular basis helps us remember that every breath we take is a gift from God's sovereign will.

Paul was considering his own coming death in 2 Timothy 4. He was aware that the end of his earthly life was approaching. In verse 7, he made a bold statement as he thought on the days God had given him, "I have fought the good fight, I have completed the course, I have maintained the faith." He went on to suggest that as a result of this, he would receive a wonderful recompense on the other side of eternity.

Have you recently pondered your life? As a result, we are humbled and moved to give more fully to God, for whom we have been redeemed.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to spend the remainder of my life completely surrendered to You. I won't be able to do this until I realize that life is short and that You have power over how long I live. Please assist me in maintaining my faith, remaining steady in the face of my flesh and this world, and persevering until the end. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2022
Faith

April 26th, 2022

"Praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ's God and Father! Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, He has given us new birth into a living hope and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade – kept in heaven for you, who are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1-3(NLT)

Most Christians also understand what God will do to complete our salvation in the future. Christ will return for His Church, His bride. We will spend eternally in God's presence, where all who persevere will receive an imperishable inheritance. But how about right now? What about the time between our conversion and our ultimate salvation? What about the trials, tribulations, anxiety, dread, pain, and battles? How many Christians are aware of what God is doing for us right now, as we travel through life? God is sheltering us by His strength, according to 1 Peter 1:5, until the coming salvation, which will be revealed on the last day. Furthermore, it claims that we are protected by religion.

A believer just needs to be protected from one thing...

Only disbelief can hinder someone from entering heaven. By sustaining our faith, God's strength protects us. To be saved, we must remain solid in our faith until the end (Matthew 10:22), It is only by God's strength that this is possible.

Perhaps this is why Hebrews 12:2 tells us to fix our gaze on Jesus, who is "the author and perfecter" of our faith. Our faith will continue to grow as long as we keep our gaze on Him rather than our surroundings. He's all the protection we'll ever need.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of life and good health. Your active involvement in my life astounds me. You have not only given me life, but You also maintain me on a daily basis. Please keep me standing firm in Faith to trust you more in everything I do and every situation I encounter daily. Equip me with the shield of faith. On Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Take heart

April 27th, 2022.

"I've told you these things so that you may find peace in Me." You will face difficulties in this life. But don't despair! "I have triumphed over the world." John 16:33(NIV)

In John's Gospel, Jesus tells His disciples, "In this world, you will have tribulation." He didn't say anything about us maybe getting into trouble. He was definitely certain that following Christ would not be an easy or painless decision. However, it's worth noting that He placed this statement between two amazing truths.

On one hand, we find peace in Christ while we are in difficulties. On the other hand, it serves as a reminder that Christ has triumphed over the world. "Do not be discouraged!" Jesus encourages them. He's urging, "Have courage!" or "Be encouraged!" in other words. Consider yourself one of the disciples who hears these words from your Rabbi. Remember that Jesus had not yet gone to the cross or been risen from the dead when he said these words. Despite this, He declares, "I have overcome the world."

Christ and His victory over whatever we are experiencing provide the incentive to continue, to take heart, and to be brave when everything in us wants to give up. Knowing that Christ, the risen Savior, is on our side motivates us to keep going. And we may rest easy knowing that no matter how bad our problems are, they will pass.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, It's not always simple to follow You. But I want to please You in whatever I do with all my heart. Help me remember that I can continue because You have overcome the world. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2022
Deep Roots

April 28, 2022.

"The guy who hears the message and immediately receives it with gladness is the one who received the seed that dropped on rocky areas." However, because he lacks a root, he only lasts a brief time. He swiftly fades away when tribulation or persecution arises as a result of the message." Matthew 13:20-21(NLT)

One of Jesus' most well-known parables is the Parable of the Sower. He emphasizes three sorts of ground (representing the heart) on which seed (representing God's Word) falls: rocky land, thorns, and good soil.

A person with a "rocky" heart will be zealous at first. On the outside, he appears to have changed...he appears to be on fire for the Lord. When adversity arises, though, he gradually fades away. "Come to Christ and be blessed," a false gospel proclaims. God desires for you to be happy and prosperous." Both of these assertions are correct, but only if we define blessed, joyful, and successful in biblical terms.

Many skeptics have misunderstood the meanings of these terms.
Jesus repeatedly exhorted the multitudes following Him to consider the price of believing in Him. He was well aware that many people's hearts were made of shallow, stony soil.
Today, we must do the same. Take a look at your heart. What is the depth of your faith? Is it shallow and rocky, joyfully proclaiming "Yes!" until the end of time?

Prayer
Heavenly Father,.. I acknowledge that I have sinned and fallen short of your glory. I accept that my sinfulness yearns for life to be simple and pleasant. However, Your Spirit enables me to see life through Your eyes. Please forgive me and strengthen my faith, and assist me in growing in my understanding of Your truth. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
Be Prepared

1st of May, 2022.

"I reveal the end from the beginning, what is still to come, from ancient times." "My intention will stand, and I will do whatever I choose,". Isaiah 46:10 (NIV)

Did you realize that every day of our life, God is also actively training us? We can see some of this training in action. We are equipped for His ministry through Bible study, prayer, church activity, missions, and fellowship with other believers. He does, however, utilize some other less evident training. These come in the form of bad news, sickness, loss, grief, job losses, relationship struggles, financial hardship, and mistreatment from others. How do such things prepare us for anything good when they seem so bad? How does being broken make us stronger? It may appear backwards, but God is capable. He has done it in the lives of His people throughout history.

If you look through the Bible, you'll find example after example of God using the seemingly awful for His greater purposes. Just a few instances include Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, Gideon, David, and Elijah. And, of course, the best example is Jesus Christ. What must things have been like on the day He hung himself? What do you think His disciples were thinking as they saw an innocent man, their beloved Rabbi and comrade, be executed? Could they possibly have imagined the good that would result from His death?

These biblical examples serve as a reminder that God is all-knowing. Even when things appear to be out of hand We can put our faith in Him.

Prayer
Heavenly Father I am grateful to You for being in charge of my life. You are not only in charge, but You have definite plans for how You will utilize me. Father, please assist me to put my trust in You in every situation. Give me the faith and knowledge to trust You to prepare me for the plans You have for me in every circumstance. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 12:23pm On May 03, 2022
Resurrected

May 3rd, 2022

"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again," John 3:31(NIV)

"People who said they have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ that is still important in their life today and who also indicated they believe they will go to Heaven when they die because they confessed their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their savior were defined as born-again Christians in these surveys."

When a person professes faith, the world deems them "born again." Then, after witnessing the worldliness of some professing Christians, it is concluded that being born again does not truly transform people. The writers of the New Testament take a different approach to being reborn. The Bible begins by emphasizing the absolute certainty that being born again transforms a person. When confronted with a worldly professing "Christian," the conclusion is reached that he or she has not been born again. The phrase "born again" is not misused in the New Testament by applying it to the carnality of professing Christians' unchanged hearts.

We'll be delving deeper into what happens when someone is reborn over the coming few days. "Have you been born again?" is the most crucial question you'll ever answer.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know there are many people who profess they believe in You with their lips yet their hearts are far from You. Your Word says that faith is accompanied by obedience, and that the Spirit within every Christian bears excellent fruit. Father, I beseech You to probe my heart and convict me if I have not truly been born again. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:21am On May 04, 2022
Love

4th of May, 2022

"Because we love our brothers, we know we have passed from death to life." Anyone who does not love is doomed to die." I John 3:14(NLT)

This was something Jesus foresaw. Perhaps this is why, while His disciples were watching, He made a point of showing His compassion to so many "untouchables." The Samaritan woman at the well, lepers, the adulterous woman, and the paralytic are just a few of the lower-class people He made an effort to meet, heal, and share the Gospel with. Most of His encounters with the religious Pharisees, who were thought to be the most godly people, included rebukes and warnings, which is interesting. He did, however, refer to tax collectors.

Love is God. As a result, His followers must love one another. Jesus requested His Father to unite His disciples in His final days before being crucified (John 17). His prayer was for those who would come after them, including us, as well as the twelve who were with Him. No matter what we do, we will never be able to offer God praise and honor unless our acts are motivated by love. The Body of Christ has only grown more diversified since the time of the New Testament's writing. More denominations, worship styles, and races exist today than ever before. Satan, our most ferocious adversary, would love nothing more than to separate us and quench the Spirit of God by exploiting our differences.That is something we cannot allow to happen. We must be vigilant in maintaining the link of unity established by God's Spirit, which dwells in every believer in Jesus Christ. He is our common thread - and He is sufficient.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, according to Your Word, one day all peoples, tribes, nations, and tongues will gather around Your throne and shout praises to Your name. I ask that You will send a Spirit of unity to Your people right now, that we will honor Your name by loving one another. May the world recognize us through our love. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:36am On May 06, 2022
New Beginnings

6th of May, 2022

"You are aware that He manifested in order to atone for our sins. And there is no sin in Him. No one who lives in Him continues to sin. No one who continues to sin has seen or heard of Him." 1 John 5-6(NLT)

Have you ever heard a pastor remark, "Buried with Christ in baptism, and resurrected to walk in newness of life?" Christ does not simply pardon our sins when he saves us. It is the gift of a new life and the forgiveness of sins. This new life is not the same as the previous one. It is a life that yearns to know and obey Christ. Every believer of Christ is given the Holy Spirit, which makes it impossible to live a sinful lifestyle. In our pursuit of Christ, the Spirit convicts and guides us.

Believers frequently discuss our deliverance from sin and its repercussions. We're talking about escaping God's wrath and hell. But how often do we talk of salvation from sin now...in this fallen world...in this fleshly and frail body...in this brief but trying life? Our days, not merely our eternities, should be infused with the Gospel. Scripture states that no one who is a disciple of Christ can continue to sin. This process of new life in Christ is ongoing. Sin will still exist, but it will not be dominant. Satan will act. Satan will continue to seduce, but he will no longer cage people. The flesh still fights, but it is no longer in charge.
The life that Christ gave us is lovely. He sets us free from the bonds of sin that have shattered and disfigured us. As a result, sin will no longer be a way of life.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Your salvation humbles and awes me. Thank you for releasing me. Please remind me why Jesus came...to forgive my sins. May my life serve as a living witness to the empty tomb! In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 11:24am On May 07, 2022
Taking pride in Christ

7th of May, 2022

"If Abraham was justified by works, he could brag about it - but not in front of God." 'Abraham trusted God, and it was counted as righteousness for him.' When a man works now, his pay are attributed to him as an obligation rather than a reward. However, faith is counted as righteousness to the man who does not work but trusts God, who justifies the wicked." Romans 4:2-5(NLT)

Apart from Christ, there is possibly no other Biblical figure more well-known and beloved than Abraham. He is well-known throughout the world and transcends various cultures and religions. People of various origins and religious views have varying perspectives on Abraham, but most agree that he was a devout man who was in right standing with God.

It's no surprise that Paul, who was raised as a Jew, used Abraham as an example in his epistle to the Roman church. The Jews could not fathom salvation through faith after hundreds of years of living under the law. They'd been taught to celebrate feasts and perform rituals because it was the only way they knew to approach such a sacred God. Paul, on the other hand, preached another way...the so-called Gospel of Christ. What kind of educated Jew would dare to utter such things about God Almighty?

It would not be a gift, but an obligation if Abraham, or any of us, worked for our salvation, as Paul indicated in verse four. However, faith is credited to us as righteousness when we know we can never work hard enough or be good enough to earn salvation and instead trust in Christ's work on our behalf. To put it another way, it is a gift, not something we have earned. We must remember that the praise for our salvation belongs solely to God. If we must boast, let it be only in the cross of Christ, as Paul did.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, All praise, glory and honor belong to You for saving me. Each day Your Spirit leads me, teaches me, and corrects me so that I shine Your light to those around me. Thank You, Father, for the gift of salvation. Please use me to draw others to Your gospel. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 9:20am On May 09, 2022
Safe

9 May 2022

"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one can take them from Me." My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can take them from his grip. "I am one with the Father." John 10:28-30(NLT)

It's not just Satan, who, according to 1 Peter 5:8, "prowls around like a lion, hunting for someone to devour." In addition to his temptations and attacks, we must contend with our flesh, which is always at odds with God's Spirit. In Romans chapter 7, Paul lamented this battle, expressing the frustration that most of us feel on a daily basis...what we want to do, we don't do it.....but we force ourselves to do the things we don't want to do. "O pitiful man that I am!" he concluded his explanation. Who will save me from this lifeless body? Thanks be to God through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!" (Rom. 7:24–25).

Yes, God bless you through Jesus Christ! What a Savior! Hallelujah! He will never abandon us, no matter how difficult life becomes or how many times we slip and fall. Our eternal destiny is determined by what Christ has done for us, not by what we do. If we are genuinely His disciples, we will use this reality as motivation to endure for His sake, not as a permission to give up. We should be compelled by such grace.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for not abandoning me. I can put my trust in You and know that You will see me through any temptation or trial. You are always good, and I want to learn and adore You more today. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:37am On May 12, 2022
Good and Evil

May 12, 2022

"Do not sin in your rage." Do not allow the sun to set while you are still furious, and do not allow the devil to have a foothold." Ephesians 4:26-27(NIV)

Given the gravity of the situation, Paul's command in Ephesians 4:26, "Do not sin in your anger," appears perplexing. "Be indignant, and do not sin," the original text says. Why is Paul encouraging Christians to be angry? This is a direct quotation from Psalm 4:4. Paul quotes Psalm 4 to explain that as Christians, we should be furious about certain things, but we must be careful that our anger does not become wicked. There is a thin line between being so and doing so.

God despises sin and expresses His displeasure with it. God would not be loving or righteous if He did not abhor sin since it damages people. As a result, if we desire to be godly, we must despise sin. This starts with our own sin and extends to the sin and injustice we witness around us. However, as Paul tells us, we must be careful not to fall into sin and give Satan an opportunity in our righteous rage.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know you despise sin. I also know you care about others. Help me to feel both Your righteous wrath against all sin and Your great love and compassion for individuals. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 1:56pm On May 29, 2022
Our Weapons

29th of May, 2022

"Despite the fact that we live in the world, we do not wage war in the same way that the rest of the world does." The weapons we use are not those used by the rest of the world. They, on the other hand, have divine power to destroy fortresses. We demolish all arguments and pretensions that stand in the way of God's understanding, and we take every thought captive to make it subject to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:3-5(NIV)

Every day we live on this planet, a hidden conflict is waging. It's an epic struggle between good and evil, and the fate of mankind is on the line. We can sometimes sense the battling, and sometimes we can't... In any case, it is genuine and ongoing. Christians are exhorted to be ready, to stand firm, to be strong, to never stop praying, to abide in Christ, and to put on the whole armor of God throughout the New Testament.

This chapter compares the weapons used by God's people to the weaponry used by the rest of the world. We don't fight for the same things or in the same way. What distinguishes the weapons? They aren't carnal - they aren't made of flesh. We don't rely on what other people do to forward Christ's cause. Our reliance is not on eloquence, ability, knowledge, riches, attractiveness, or anything else outside of ourselves. While these things aren't necessarily harmful, they shouldn't be used as weapons.

Are you fighting faithfully for Christ's glory as a Christ follower? If so, are you employing the appropriate weapons? You don't need to know all the answers or talk with eloquence and charm to be successful... All you have to do is be willing and walk in the Spirit.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You Lord, for preparing me for every good work. Please assist me in relying on You and fighting with Your weapons rather than those of this world. Above all, assist me in loving. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachi542: 10:03am On May 30, 2022
God Answers

May 30, 2022

Today's Verse

"Do not be concerned about anything; instead, submit your requests to God in everything via prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving." In Christ Jesus, the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds." Philippians 4:6-7(NIV)

Anxiety has a counter-argument. Many would argue that it is overly simplistic and utopian in its approach to the world's problems. Thank you are the two words that come to mind. Many of us pray to God, pleading with Him to aid us when we are in difficult situations. Do we, however, say "thank you"? " It's nearly impossible to be concerned and grateful at the same time.

Regardless of the circumstances, you have a lot to be grateful for. This morning, who gave you life? Throughout the day, who keeps your heart pounding and your lungs breathing? Who made the clothing you're wearing, the food you'll eat today, and the safe water you'll drink? Who made the sun rise, bringing life to the planet? Who is it who provides rain to water the plants and allow life to thrive today?

Who, above all, has offered His Son as a sacrifice for our sins? God's lavish grace is available at all times. We must, however, choose to see it. God want for us to come to Him with our difficulties, but He also desires for us to express our gratitude. And when we do, it'll be a fantastic trade.We must, however, choose to see it. God want for us to come to Him with our difficulties, but He also desires for us to express our gratitude. And when we do, something spectacular happens. Anxiety is traded with tranquility... God's blessings.

Prayer
Heavenly Father Thank You, for all of the wonderful blessings You bestow on us every day. Please forgive me for my lack of gratitude for Your mercy and generosity. Please take away my anxiousness and instill in me a spirit of gratitude as I go about my day. In Jesus'name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Revelation NOW" / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? / The Qur’an – A Manual For Suicide Bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.