Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland (5254 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2021
Grace comes first.

December 24, 2021

"And He went in front of Moses, saying, 'The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, keeping multitudes in love, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion, and sin.' 'However, He does not spare the guilty...' Exodus 34:6-7(NIV)

The Jewish culture of the first century had no trouble comprehending truth. Rules and regulations were ingrained in the culture. The majority of us associate the Old Testament with commandments — thou shalt and thou shalt not. After all, the Pharisees discovered 613 commandments in the first five books of the Bible that they formed their lives on. Many people mistakenly believe that grace only comes into play in the New Testament, but this is not the case.

While God's grace was evident in the Old Testament, it was only when Jesus came into the world that the light of grace shone brightly.Jesus enjoyed spending time with sinners...and they enjoyed spending time with Him. He attracted the skeptics like a magnet attracts iron. The severe face of the Law was changed into the radiant face of grace in Jesus. Jesus' compassion for others was palpable. Jesus never questioned the veracity of God's Word, but it was clear that he cared about people and desired the best for them. Can we claim the same of ourselves as His followers?

It is critical that we never jeopardize the truth of God's Word. It is, nevertheless, equally important that we love one another. How can we not do the same if the God of the universe – the only One worthy to judge sin – speaks first of His own grace and compassion? We should be renowned as Christ followers for our love as we provide the same grace to others....gift that we did not merit or work for... grace given to us while we were still separated from God.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father thank You, for Your mercy and grace shown to me via Jesus. Please forgive me when I fail to extend the same grace to others that You have extended to me. Please transform my heart and teach me to love others the way You love me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:32am On Dec 25, 2021
Grace and Truth: It's a Both/And Situation

25th of December, 2021

"By the truth, sanctify them; Your Word is truth." 17:17 in John (NIV)

In today's culture, there is a caricature of Jesus that seeks to transform Him into our likeness. This Jesus is accepting of all people and situations. He clearly embodies the widely held belief that telling someone they are wrong about anything is wrong. Professor H. Richard Ninebuhr of Yale Divinity School believes that we have developed a spiritual fiction in which "a God without anger gathers men without sin, into a kingdom without judgment, through the ministry of a Christ without a crucifixion." We'd like to speak grace... However, we must always communicate God's truth.

Grace and truth are not mutually exclusive...

It's a both/and situation. We can't be half-truth and half-grace. We must be all grace and all truth, just like Jesus. Jesus was crucified, according to John 1:14.Jesus was full of both grace and truth, according to the Bible. Full. We must be full of both grace and truth if we are full of Christ.

Based on our upbringing and experiences, the majority of us lean one way or the other. Grace-leaning people are simple to get along with. They accept us as we are, but they will never assist us in becoming the people we were born to be. Truth-seekers, on the other hand, can be tough to deal with. While their strength and passion inspire us, their intimidation has the potential to turn us off. If everyone dislikes you, there's something wrong with you, but if everyone loves you, there's something wrong with you as well.

Both grace and honesty are sorely needed in our lives. Grace says, "Anyone can find their path to God." There is just one road to God, according to truth. Grace believes that redemption is a possibility. Repentance, says the truth.
Grace expresses her love for you by saying, "I adore you just the way you are." I love you too much to let you stay that way, says Truth. God is love, says Grace. God is holy, according to truth. You are saved by grace through faith, according to grace. Faith without works is dead, according to the truth. Grace and truth complement each other wonderfully, giving us a clear image of God's personality. The more full we are of Jesus, the more grace and truth we shall have. Grace is required. We require the truth. We require the presence of Jesus.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father thank You for Jesus' completeness of grace and truth. Please help me to become more like Jesus. Amen, in Jesus' name.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2021
What Has Become of Compassion?

26th of December, 2021

"Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved." 3:12 Colossians (KJV)

Compassion is one of the most important characteristics of the Christian religion. We connect with Christ when we demonstrate love, care, and concern for the pain and misfortune of others. Jesus' earthly life was marked by compassion. He continuously spent His time to those who were hurting and in need while He lived and worked among us. He cured illnesses, fed the hungry, exorcised demons, and restored sight to the blind. He even had the ability to revive the dead. His example teaches us to be aware of and concerned about the needs of individuals in our immediate environment.

The religious authorities of the time were taken aback by this. Many people thought Jesus would come as a conquering hero and spend His time on earth with them.Despite this, we observe in the Gospels that Jesus frequently avoided religious leaders and made a habit of interacting with individuals who today would be considered "on the margins" of society. He loved them and provided for their bodily and spiritual needs.

Compassion is perhaps the most pressing need in our faith, our communities, and our country now. We are more separated from one another than ever before in an increasingly politicized world. One of the consequences of this cultural shift is a diminished emphasis on compassion for one another. Despite this, our needs as a people continue to expand, ranging from homelessness to hunger to financial difficulties to medical and health issues.

The Church has the ability and responsibility to react compassionately to the needs of those who are suffering. The book of Colossians instructs us to dress in gentleness, compassion, and kindness. When we become aware of the needs of others, we become more motivated to help them.We also provide opportunities for individuals we are able to serve to hear the Gospel.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You, for displaying compassion on us through Your Son, whom You sent not only to be an example for us, but also to suffer for our sins and rise from the grave so that we would have eternal life. Open my eyes to the needs of individuals who are in my immediate vicinity and that I can satisfy. Fill me with sympathy for their plight, and grant me opportunity to share Jesus with them while I assist them. In Jesus' name, receive our prayers. Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:06am On Dec 27, 2021
The Reality of Truth

27th of December, 2021

"And you will know the truth, and you will be made free by the truth." 8:32 John
(NIV)

A shared set of values founded on objective reality is the underlying linking point of society and culture. The concept of objective truth states that some things are always correct and others are always incorrect. These ideals are reflected in our moral code. The Bible has been the source of these truths for thousands of years. The Ten Commandments are a code of conduct that is repeated in our various legal and government documents and laws. They are rules given by God for living and relating to one another and to Himself. Stealing, murdering, and lying are all evil.

In today's environment, it's a prevalent belief that truth is relative. Because what is right for you may not be right for me, objective truths are necessary.Is it always wicked to lie, steal, and kill, or do circumstances determine what is right and evil? And who makes this decision? Term like "politically correct" stems from this attitude, which holds that a general consensus of thought determines what is regarded right and wrong, and that individuals who choose to disagree with the mainstream are incorrect in their beliefs.

The Bible, on the other hand, paints a totally different picture. God's Word is objective truth. It is inerrant, infallible, and unchanging since it was inspired alone by God. What evidence do we have? Because the Author, God, remains unchanged. He is always constant, right, just, and true in everything he does. What He deems to be correct is always correct. What He says is usually incorrect.

How do we live in a society that not only questions, but also frequently defines truth in light of God's objective truth?The solution is that we need a standard by which we can determine what is true, and the Bible is the clearest and most accessible standard. When we hear or see something that is presented as true, we can compare it to God's Word to evaluate whether or not it is true. We determine truth by looking at God's Word. God-centered, objective truth, not relative truth.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you, for revealing truth to us through Your Word. As I "rightly divide the word of truth," please help me to know and comprehend the Bible and to live it out as I "rightly divide the word of truth." Allow me to speak up for Your truth since my actions are in line with Your ways and teachings. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2021
Grace for the Repentant

28th of December, 2021

"When a sinful lady in that town heard that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she went there with an alabaster jar of perfume." She began to drench His feet with her tears as she stood behind Him at His feet crying. She then wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and sprayed them with perfume." 37-38 Luke 7:37-38(NLT)

There were religious leaders, churchgoers, and enough self-righteousness to destroy ten battleships in that room...

Nonetheless, she braved to enter. She was a woman who, I'm sure, brought the after-dinner conversation to a standstill and caused those there to pick their jaws up off the floor. She "had a sinful life," according to the Bible. She was a streetwalker...a prostitute, to put it another way. She was from the "wrong side of the tracks" in every way possible.

She wasn't a coward, even if she was rotten and carnal. She was well aware that she was walking into a lion's den full of people who were ready to devour her alive; but, nothing or no one could stop her from following Jesus. It's a foregone conclusion that she has seen Jesus before this night. Why would she risk so much to worship Him if she didn't believe in Him? She had listened to His words, and they had completely transformed her life. Despite the fact that He never used the word, she plainly heard it — grace.

Jesus didn't gaze at her with lust in his eyes; instead, he looked at her with love. He was more concerned with her worth than with her guilt. In those days, what happened next was unheard of. She started crying hysterically, and a flood of her tears washed over Christ's hallowed feet. She unfastened her hair and began to wipe the tears from His feet with her hands. She is greatly overtaken as she bows in front of her Savior, so she opens a jar of perfume and pours it out onto Jesus' feet, kissing them in abject love. She worships at the feet of her Lord with abandon, throwing caution to the wind.

The truth is that our only qualification for God's grace is our sin. We don't repent of our sin and then accept God's forgiveness. We receive God's grace and then have the power to repent of our sins through the Holy Spirit. Grace constantly accepts us in our state of sin.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you, for accepting me in my sin. I ask that, like the woman in this chapter, You would create in me a heart of thankfulness and adoration, so that I, too, may always worship You in your sanctuary forever. In Jesus' name. Amen

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2021
Surrender in Pieces

29th of December, 2021

"As a result, I assure you, her many misdeeds have been forgiven - as seen by her immense love." But whoever has been forgiven a small amount loves a small amount."Luke 7:47 (NIV)

Alabaster jars were commonly manufactured from a beautiful stone found in Israel during Jesus' time on earth. This stone has a marble-like texture and was incredibly expensive to acquire. Ointments, oils, and perfume were frequently kept in alabaster jars. The heavy stone protected the perfume from deteriorating by preventing the aroma from leaving. The jar featured a long neck and a tight-fitting lid. The top of the jar had to be broken to open it, so it could only be used once. In Luke 7, the woman knew just how she planned to use her priceless perfume. She wanted to present a gift that showed her love for the One who had altered her life through His kindness.She wanted to surrender all to Jesus in her brokenness.

Simon the Pharisee mocked her ostentation. What a blunder! However, Jesus quickly rebuked him, proving that her gift was accepted and appreciated...not because of its monetary value, but because of the woman's heart. God's grace is free...but it costs us everything. Because the treasure of salvation was purchased for us with the blood of Christ, it is completely free. There is no way for any of us to buy our way into God's family. We can't buy a new heart that is more interested in God than in our own desires. God freely gives us the gift of forgiveness and restoration via His grace. Nonetheless, this gift has cost us everything.

This sinful woman realized she was saved. She was well aware that she was a sinner who would never be able to earn God's favor. Her deep devotion to Jesus –She demonstrated that she had dedicated her life to Him through her tangible adoration of Him. Her lavish submission was spurred by his extravagant grace. Salvation is freely given; yet, it is up to us to enjoy Christ and experience His love to the fullest extent possible.

Prayer
Heavenly Father,thank you for the forgiveness of my sins. I want to be like the woman in this passage with the heart of brokenness and total surrender to your love. Please awaken my eyes and heart to the depths of my own sin so that I might completely comprehend the depths of Your grace in Christ. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2021
Bankrupt

December 30, 2021

"Two people owing money to a certain moneylender,' Jesus remarked. One owed him 500 denarii, while the other owed him fifty. Because neither of them had the financial means to repay him, he forgave both of their obligations. Which of them will love him the most now?' 'I imagine the one who had the larger loan forgiven,' Simon replied. 'You have made the right decision,' Jesus said." 7:41-43 Luke (KJV)

In Luke chapter seven, Jesus tells a simple story to Simon the Pharisee. There were two men that owed money to each other. The debt of one individual was ten times that of the other. Regardless matter how much they owed, neither man was able to repay his loan. Jesus' words to Simon are the same words He speaks to us today.

We all owe each other a debt of sin. We often make the mistake of comparing Our debt to that of others.
The truth is that we are all sinners, and without Jesus, we are all spiritually impoverished. "No one is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one looks for God," says Romans 3:10-12. They've all turned away; collectively, they've become useless; no one, not even one, performs good." We all owe a sin debt that we will never be able to repay. When it comes to sin, whether you're a preacher or a prostitute, a pope or a pedophile, we're all equally shattered and defenseless. The only difference between Simon, the religious leader, and the prostitute in Luke 7 is that the latter could see her sin while Simon could not.

Simon and the prostitute were diametrically opposed. He was a well-liked church figure. She was a despised bystander on the street. He made a living as a law professor. She made a living by stumbling over it.
Nonetheless, they were both sinners in need of grace. She was aware of the truth. He didn't do it. Only when you realize how worthless your virtue is can you appreciate God's grace.

You'll never realize how great a sinner you are until you realize how magnificent a Savior Jesus is. Through the tale, Jesus was attempting to convey this message to Simon. Who loves the Master more than the other? The one who recognizes the grace he has been given...grace he does not deserve and could never repay.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your son to pay for my transgressions. I'm well aware that I owe a sin debt that I'll never be able to repay. Because of Your grace, I am now debt-free. Assist me in remembering to never take this reality for granted. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2021
Not Works, but Faith

31 December 2021

"Your faith has saved you; go in peace," Jesus told the woman. 7:50 in Luke (NIV)

The cause for her forgiveness is made evident in Jesus' words to the lady who worshiped at His feet in Luke 7. "Your faith has saved you; go in peace," he remarked. There can't be be any doubt... It wasn't the woman's lavish worship that kept her alive. That's how it's done. It will never work. God's gift of forgiveness is offered to those who have faith.

The fact that Jesus socialized with sinners was the source of so many Pharisees' doubts - but for this woman, it was good news. She was well aware of the gravity of her sin. She was presumably overjoyed at the news that Jesus had received sinners.She came to Him as a sinner, expecting Him to forgive her and not send her away as the Pharisees urged. And she was absolutely correct. That supper only had one forgiven attendee, and it wasn't the self-righteous religious leaders. It was the faith-filled prostitute who had repented.

Jesus came into the world to seek out and save sinners. Those who believed themselves to be righteous were not forgiven. It is correct that Jesus is God's innocent Son. Yes, God despises sin and will punish those who refuse to repent. But He came to save, not to condemn. What did He reply to the adulterous woman in John 8:11? "I don't condemn you either; go ahead and transgress no more." If you have never come to trust in Jesus Christ, come now.You will be welcomed and forgiven by him.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank You, for accepting sinners like me. Help me to tell others that salvation is by Your grace, through our faith rather than our deeds. Give me unwavering faith and help me believe in you at all times. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:20am On Jan 01, 2022
A Different Resolution

1st of January, 2022

"I ponder the work of Your hands; I recall the days of old; I think on everything that you have done." My hands are stretched out to You, and my soul yearns for You like a thirsty land." 143:5-6 Psalm (NIV)

It doesn't take long for the excitement of Christmas to give way to New Year's resolutions. These thoughts bring hope to some people, but anxiety to others. As the calendar turns to January, it's time to get back to work following the much-needed Christmas holiday. It's time to set (and hopefully keep) goals, stop procrastinating, and get to work. As we say our goodbyes to the previous year and prepare to begin a new one, it's important to remember that it's only the beginning.

Regardless of our personal circumstances, the majority of us want to make improvements in the new year. As Jesus' disciples, we must always commit to grow in our relationship with Him... to give more sacrificially, pray more thoughtfully, and proclaim the Gospel more passionately; to serve others more selflessly, to dig deeper into His Word, to give more sacrificially, to offer more sacrificially, to give more sacrificially, to give more sacrificially, to give more Aside from that, there are probably personal objectives in the areas of relationships, health, finances, education, and profession. While none of these things are inherently evil – and setting personal objectives is a good idea – we must keep in mind that we cannot conceal our concerns and uncertainties behind fad diets and gym memberships, degrees, or titles. We must keep returning to the single source of true fulfillment — Jesus Christ.

The secret to godly success and lasting delight is learning to live in complete surrender and dependence on God, rather than relying on our own abilities and efforts. May we, like King David, believe that Christ is our only hope. He is our pillar of strength. He is the source of our happiness. He is greater than our situation. And He is deserving of our adoration.

Prayer
:
Heavenly Father, please assist me to seek You first before I seek anything or anyone else. Remind me of Your constant presence through the Holy Spirit when I'm feeling overwhelmed or anxious. Guide me through your spirit and help me to abide in you always. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
God is the ultimate goal.

2nd of January, 2022

"For Christ, the righteous for the unrighteous, suffered once for sins, so He might bring us to God." 3:18 1 Peter(NIV)

The Gospel contains many incredible truths. Jesus died so that we could be forgiven of our sins. This is fantastic news! Jesus died to reconcile us to God. What fantastic news! Jesus died so that when we die, we can go to heaven. This is fantastic news! God's wrath against sinners was fulfilled by Christ's death. This is fantastic news! All of this is true, but none of it is salvation's primary goal. The purpose is not forgiveness, justification, or eternal life in heaven. They're all just stepping stones to God.The purpose of salvation is to get to God. That is why Jesus declared, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me".

Consider it this way: My wife is someone I adore. We don't fight much, but when we do, it's always over something minor. Our connection will be shattered if I anger her. What must take place? I need to beg forgiveness from her. I'm not sure why I'm hoping for her forgiveness. Is it just so she can keep doing my laundry and cooking my meals? That isn't a good enough cause to repent...just so I can obtain something from her. That completely undervalues her worth. Because I value my wife, I should try to make things right. I'm not interested in the things she can do for me; I'm interested in her.

A connection with Christ is no different. What good is it if we don't get to God? Salvation isn't about having a good time; it's about having a good time with God.Jesus came to give us God, and the only way to come to God is via repentance and forgiveness. Do you realize that forgiveness is really a means to an end...a personal relationship with God? Spend some time in prayer, concentrating on God as your salvation's aim.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father Please forgive me if I make the luxuries, the list of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life my topmost priorities. I pray that my first goal will always be to get to You. May I never place a higher value on the gifts than on the Giver of the gifts. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2022
Can You Handle The Truth?

3rd of January, 2022

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 8:32 John(KJV)

There is a distinction to be made between a truth and the Truth. Some things are true for a specific period of time, for a specific individual, or for a specific social or cultural reason. It's true, for example, that I enjoy football while another does not. Each of these things may be true for one person but not for another.

When describing Himself in John 8, Jesus refers to a different kind of truth. He claims to be the Truth. This kind of reality applies to everyone, everywhere, and at all times. What Jesus stated about Himself and about us in the Bible is always correct and true.In fact, Jesus is the embodiment of truth. There is just one Truth in Jesus. There are no many paths to heaven, to discovering God, or to living a meaningful life dedicated to the One True God. In John 14:6, Jesus declares that He is "the way, the truth, and the life." The Truth, not a truth. "You can't take the truth!" says Jack Nicholson in the movie A Few Good Men, and it rings true for many in this situation.

Unfortunately, many individuals in our culture cannot or will not believe the Truth - that there is only one correct approach to God, one path to forgiveness, and one journey to heaven. We've been led to believe that diverse things are possible.Let us stick to the One Truth in whom we can have a personal relationship, serve with zeal, and have complete faith—Jesus. The Facts.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I believe in your son, Jesus. when You say in Your Word that there is only one Truth and that You are the way, the truth, and the life. I am grateful to You for rescuing me. Assist me in sharing the truth with my family and friends, and in living a life dedicated to Your Truth. Help me speak your truth always. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2022
Truth: a Source of Freedom

4th of January, 2022

"If the Son shall set you free, you will be free indeed." 8:36 John(KJV)

According to the Bible, when we know Jesus, we will know the truth, and the truth will set us free. The truth is that we all require liberation from something. It could be pride, bitterness, or guilt. Perhaps you need to be set free from a sin that is slowly eating away at you. The longer we sin, the more we cling to the consequences of our actions. The longer we fight with sin's consequences, the more confined and imprisoned we feel. It's a sluggish cycle.

True freedom, on the other hand, can only be found in Jesus. His Truth is unmistakable. Absolute is derived from the Latin word solvere, which means "to set free." Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins. Those sins are forgiven when we devote our life to Him. We are no longer enslaved by them. Absolutely. The absolute Truth is that Jesus died for our sins, rose three days later, and invites us to commit our lives to Him and join His mission on earth and in heaven.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank You for your son Jesus, who died for me to set me free from the bonds of sin. I admit that I am in desperate need of the freedom that only You can provide. I appreciate you giving me life. Help me to walk in your truth all my days. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Leaning unto the Truth

5th of January, 2022

"Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him, 'If you keep My teaching, you are truly My disciples.'" 8:31 John(NIV)

Jesus' teachings were diametrically opposed to the cultural norms of the day. A Jewish community with a tight code of laws and corresponding behavior was hearing Jesus tell them to serve the poor, forgive their adversaries, and love their neighbors as themselves. He told them that life was about following God rather than following the rules. Actions would naturally follow as people grew to be more like Christ. In relation to what they knew, his instruction was relatively simple, yet incredibly difficult to put into practice.

The Bible indicates that if we wish to keep a true relationship with Jesus, a true life of living for God, we should follow Jesus' teachings. And, just as it was in Jesus' time, His teaching is diametrically opposed to the world around us. But when Jesus urged to love those who hate us, to serve the least of these in our midst, and to go into all the world and preach His rescue message, He knew exactly what He was talking about. He realized that, beneath all of the cultural changes, the world's greatest needs would remain the same as they were in His time, and that the issues we face today are the same as they were 2,000 years ago.We must cling to the truth of God's Word and live for God first and foremost, rather than for ourselves.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father thank you, for teaching me lessons to live by through your Son Jesus and through the presence of the Holy Spirit. Help me to love others more than myself, to serve those who do not have the same resources as me, and to preach Your Gospel with everyone I meet. May every day of my life be a reflection of Your Truth. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:00am On Jan 06, 2022
Why Do We Strike a Balance Between Truth and Grace?

6th of January, 2022

"The Word took on flesh and dwelled among us." We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, full of love and truth, who came from the Father." 1:14 John(NIV)

Spiritual grace is God's undeserved favor. Spiritual truth is the fact of right and wrong, as well as carrying it out every day in Christ. We frequently discuss the balance in our lives between these two parts of our New Testament relationship with Jesus, based on what the Bible says about grace and truth. If we're all grace, we're tempted to keep sinning because we believe we're covered by God's grace and forgiveness. This does not make for a good living example of someone who has dedicated their life to Jesus. If all we talk about is truth, on the other side, we become harsh, judgmental, and unloving.

The truth is that we can't be 100 percent truth and 100 percent grace at the same time. Only Jesus can be because He paid the price for being totally truth and redeemed us to Himself by being fully grace. In everyday life, we should endeavor to be both, but not to the exclusion of the other. We are most representative of Jesus in our daily lives when we balance grace and truth, because people see both elements of His nature. We'll meet again in heaven one day.In paradise, we will one day be like Jesus, full of grace and truth, perfectly reflecting His nature.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank You for being a God of grace and truth. Please help me to live in a way that demonstrates both grace and truth to those who are around me. Help me to avoid being dishonest and not facing sin with a grace-filled attitude. And, as one who is all truth, please help me not to be bitter, judgmental, or unloving. May the truth and grace in my life be balanced in a way that genuinely represents Jesus' character. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:33am On Jan 09, 2022
The Honest Truth

9th of January, 2022

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. "No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 (KJV)

The religious authorities of Jesus' period were all about following the rules. They lived by Moses' Law, which was enshrined in the Ten Commandments and was supplemented by other ceremonies and traditions that defined what it meant to be a good religious person. Those who did not follow these customs were condemned, degraded, and shunned. Regrettably, this mindset is still prevalent in today's society. Religious leaders today may place a greater emphasis on following a series of rituals than on having a genuine relationship with Jesus.

Perhaps you have witnessed or experienced this dreadful reality. The kind of truth that says "don't drink, don't smoke, don't curse, don't hang out with certain types of people." The kind of truth that says, "First, condemn instead of dealing with difficult problems like sexual orientation, racism, or intolerance." Instead of opening up ways for the church to bring God's message of salvation to the world, these unpleasant truths serve to alienate the church from the world. And it's eerily similar to the Church of Jesus' day, which was pleased to be part of society's highbrow elite rather than following God's basic commandments.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for the accuracy of Your Word, the Bible. As I read it, I became more aware of You and your way of life. Please teach me to live by your truth and help me to show forth your salvation and truth to everyone around me. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:26am On Jan 10, 2022
I don't condemn you either.

10th of January, 2022

"'Then Jesus said, neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." 8:11 John (KJV)

In John 8, Jesus' concept of grace and truth is demonstrated via the narrative of an unfaithful woman. A woman found in adultery was required by Jewish law to be put to death. She had been apprehended, and there was no way for her to escape the consequences of her wrongdoing. Jesus' response to the question of whether or not she should be slain was grace-filled and truth-filled. "When they persisted in interrogating Him, He stood up and replied to them, 'Let any among you without guilt be the first to throw a stone at her.' He knelt down and scribbled once more.Those who had heard this began to leave one by one, the older ones first, until just Jesus remained, with the woman still standing." Revelation 8:7-9.

"Neither do I condemn you," Jesus usually says when extending grace. Now is the time to leave your sinful life." This is referred to in the Bible as "repentance." When you turn to God and accept His offer of forgiveness, you must also turn away from sin in order to receive the truth's judgment. We now live in a culture that tells us it's wrong to criticize something. But refusing to reject what God condemns is neither gracious nor compassionate.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank You for the story of the adulterous woman, which serves as an example of grace and truth. Help me to live in a way that points out sin while also avoiding being the first to throw the first stone. Remind me that I have been forgiven, along with the instruction to "go and sin no more." Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2022
More than a Phrase

11th of January, 2022

"And summoning the throng to Him, Jesus said to them, 'If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me.'" 8:34 in Luke (NIV)

When you consider the context of this scripture, Jesus' remarks are completely understandable. He had already taught them in verse 31 that He would suffer "many things," including death, but that He would rise again. Peter tried to chastise Jesus right away, unable to accept that his Lord would suffer. "You are not focusing your attention on the things of God, but on the things of man," Jesus said Peter in verse 33. To what do you suppose Jesus was referring when he said "things of man"?I believe He was referring to self-gratification rather than self-denial; self-preservation rather than bearing a cross, often known as self-sacrifice. I believe Jesus was referring to everything we value more than Him and His Kingdom, such as safety, comfort, success, or human esteem. "I have decided to follow Jesus," is a simple song to sing. But are we serious about them?

Those lyrics were first spoken by an Indian man who, along with his family, decided to follow Jesus in the mid-nineteenth century. "I have decided to follow Jesus," the convert claimed when the village leader asked him to abandon his beliefs. His two children were then slaughtered, and he said, "Though no one joins me, nevertheless I shall continue to follow Christ," in response to threats against his wife."The cross before me, the world behind me," he sang as he was executed.

Could this man have anticipated the price he would pay for his faith? Obviously not. None of us have it. While most of us will never have to face such tragedy in order to follow Jesus, we are all still cross-bearers. That is what following Jesus entails. But we can rejoice in our trials – large and small – since we will one day live forever with the One for Whose sake we now deny ourselves.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father thank you for teaching me to follow Jesus. Please help me never to deny Christ no matter what challenges and circumstances I go through as a Christian. Help me to live in accordance to your word. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:35am On Jan 12, 2022
Reborn of God

12th of January, 2022

"Very honestly, I tell you, no one can see the Kingdom of God unless they are born again," Jesus said. John 3:3(NIV)

The encounter between Jesus and Nicodemus in John 3 is the longest known personal dialogue between Jesus and any religious leader. The subject is quite interesting. Nicodemus, an educated religious scholar, wanted to discuss theology, but Jesus wanted to discuss birth certificates. Jesus explained to him – and to us today – why it is so important to acquire a spiritual birth certificate.

Nicodemus was not your average Jew. He was a Pharisee, and they were the most devout people on the planet. All of the religious precepts were obeyed by the Pharisees. Then, with these words, Jesus turned his world upside down."Unless one is born again, no one can see God's Kingdom." You would have seen Nicodemus' face drained of blood if you had been present. Nicodemus believed that if there was one thing he knew, it was that he was right with God. Nicodemus had a problem: he knew about God but didn't actually know Him.

Nicodemus made the same error that many people today continue to make. He believed that God wanted him to do good things, go to church, try to be a decent person, and do his best. Nicodemus' emphasis on godliness was on himself...what he could do for God rather than what God wanted to do in him via Jesus. Your goodness will never be enough for God.In comparison to other people, you can be quite pious. You might be "better" than the majority of people you know...more honest and caring. But, according to Jesus, the following is the truth: You do not have a connection with God until you have been born into the Kingdom of God via faith in Jesus. You are not a member of God's family unless you have a spiritual birth certificate. "You did not acquire a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear," Paul wrote in Romans 8:15, "but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by Whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!"

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for giving me the Spirit of adoption by faith in Jesus Christ. Through faith in Jesus, by Your grace help me to live by the footsteps of Christ. Help me to make others understand the need why they should be born again for a pure connection with you and eternal life. Lead me through the truth as your word is Truth. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2022
You will be saved.

13th of January, 2022

"You will be saved if you profess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. Because you believe and are justified with your heart, and you confess your faith and are saved with your tongue." (Rom. 10:9-10)

What is the procedure for becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ? How are you "saved" in the first place? It is plainly stated in the Bible. All we have to do is believe and declare. It's not as simple as saying a specific prayer, raising your hand, or filling out a card. It is an issue of the heart, as Romans states. We just believe that Jesus is who He claims to be., and did what He did for us on the cross, paying the penalty for our sins. Faith is the belief that something is true despite not being able to see it physically, and then living your life based on that belief.

God supplies everything, including the faith to believe in Jesus. The second portion, though, is equally vital. The believer declares and professes with his mouth twice in Romans 10:9-10. What is the significance of this? It's because it's a public statement. It's not merely a matter of making a heartfelt decision. It's declaring that belief in front of people and then living it out in public. Your words and actions both express what your life is all about to the rest of the world.If you've decided to follow Jesus Christ, you'll show it not only with your words, but also with how you live every day.

Living by faith necessitates an unwavering devotion to the One who saved you. The process of believing and declaring our faith is simple, and the Bible promises that if we do so, "you will be saved."

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for saving me through Jesus, Your Son. May the way I live, the decisions I make, the way I treat people, and the mission of my life all proclaim You as Lord, in accord with Your mission for Christ followers on earth. May I declare to others every second of my life. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2022
Spiritual Insurance

14th of January, 2022

"Make every effort, then, to add kindness to your faith; and goodness to knowledge; and knowledge to self-control; and self-control to perseverance; and perseverance to godliness; and godliness to mutual affection; and mutual affection to love... As a result, dear brothers, be much more determined to ensure your calling and election. You will never fall if you do these things." 2 Peter 1:5–10

Can we be certain that we have a genuine relationship with Jesus and that we will go to paradise when we die? 2 Peter advises us to think about it in order to be certain that it is correct.A genuine connection with Jesus is one that is ongoing, developing, and active. It is not a split-second decision, an emotional experience at church, a raised hand, a walk down the aisle, and then a life that is essentially the same as it was before we called on the name of Jesus.

According to the Bible, when we follow Jesus, our faith will develop and we will gain other characteristics as we become more like Him. Our understanding of Jesus will expand. As we break negative habits and acknowledge and repent of wrongdoing, we will gain more control over ourselves. We shall demonstrate that we are more godly in our living, as well as more compassionate and kind toward others.The Holy Spirit, who comes to live in us when we submit our lives to Christ, is responsible for these transformations.

Many preachers used the term "fire insurance" when preaching on coming to Jesus and avoiding the wrath and torment of hell. In such situation, Jesus served as "insurance" against the fires of hell. While the aim was good, Jesus isn't insurance for anything. The goal of a relationship with Jesus isn't to get to paradise. The goal is to get to Jesus... And getting to heaven is only worthwhile because Jesus is present. Those who know Jesus will be with Him in heaven.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank you for sending Your Son Jesus, for dying on the cross for me, for freeing me from my sins, and for rising from the dead. Help me meditate and study your word each day with divine understanding. Help me to obey You and fully become more like You in every aspect of my life. And also to maintain a pure relationship with you. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2022
Imperishable

15th of January, 2022

"For through the live and eternal word of God, you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable." 1:23 in 1 Peter (NIV)

Isn't it fascinating that in John 3, Jesus uses the term "born again" to express true salvation? "You must be born anew," he tells Nicodemus. Then we read in 1 Peter 1:23 that we, as believers, "have been born anew." Also, notice how, in contrast to the first, this second birth is described as having imperishable seed and not being perishable. What can we learn about redemption from these details?

The overarching fact here, in my opinion, is that we can't save ourselves any more than we can give birth to ourselves.Nicodemus was taught by Jesus that he needed to be reborn in order to be straight with God. Nicodemus could not be made righteous by doing good works or obeying the rules...and the same is true for each of us. We cannot earn God's favor by our good behavior. Because perfection is impossible, our best will never be adequate. Our heavenly God is too high to come down to our level. As a result of His immense love and compassion, He chose to reconcile us to Himself through His Son's blood.

The second reality, in my opinion, is a prelude to the first. Why aren't we capable of saving ourselves? Why do we need to be reborn?It's because we were the first to be born from a perishable seed. Our initial conception was tainted by sin. Sin infiltrated the human race through Adam. This sin has an impact on every aspect of our existence. It taints the God-given holy desires that are built into our DNA. It tarnishes each of us's view of God. That is why, through the live and enduring Word of God, we require a second birth...one of imperishable seed. This fresh birth is brought about by the Gospel's indestructible seed.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You, for the opportunity to be reborn. Your atonement on the cross made it possible for me to be forgiven and reconciled with God. God, please assist me to live each day in the grace that You have given me. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 1:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Life's Light

18th of January, 2022

"Jesus addressed them once more, saying, 'I am the light of the world.' Those who follow Me will not walk in the dark, but in the light of life.' 8:12 John

Almost all living things rely on light for nourishment and energy. Plants need on sunshine for nutrition, as do animals, and humans rely on both plants and animals for sustenance. We need light to see, discern colors, and maintain a livable temperature, in addition to food production. Water evaporates in the presence of light, resulting in rain and drinking water. Physically, the world requires light to survive, and spiritually, every person on the planet requires The Light to survive.

", Jesus declared...and boy, was He correct! Isn't the earth a desolate place? I'm an optimist, but it's difficult to watch the news every day without feeling terrified, anxious, or angry about what has occurred, is occurring, or will happen in the days ahead. The list goes on and on: war, natural disasters, racism, deception, school shootings, terrorism, illness, political turmoil, and greed. I honestly don't know how folks who don't have Jesus as their hope deal with it all. As Christ followers, we do not have to be consumed by the darkness when we live within it. We aren't engulfed because we don't just see the Light; we intimately know it. He lives in us, kindling our passions so that we can live our lives to the fullest.

According to John 8:12, we have Jesus, the light of the world. He brings hope in the midst of death and ruin, sorrow and despair. He is a source of peace and contentment. The Gospel's truth is life-giving. It's the solution to everything. The Gospel mends the damage that sin has caused. We receive His light when we choose to believe it and follow Jesus. His life is given to us. We are saved by His grace.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for providing me with the light of life. Please remind me that I don't have to walk in the dark all of the time. I am never alone and never without hope because I have the brightness of Your presence. Please use me to spread the message of Your love and salvation to every one around me. in Jesus' name , Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 6:41am On Jan 17, 2022
A True Light

17th of January, 2022

"You are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." 5:14 in Matthew

Light has always been welcomed in the darkness since the beginning of time. God's voice broke the silence when the earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep's surface (Genesis 1:2). He said, "Let there be light." There was also light. Dispersing the darkness and putting the Creator's plan into motion. God then separated the light from the darkness, giving them the names day and night. It was excellent. Then there was the first day, with its twilight and morning.

Light piercing darkness, a pattern started on the first day of creation, has been reproduced over and over again. Light is welcomed every morning as it dispels the gloom of the night. Even though the sun provides the light each morning, it acts as a reminder of the True Light, Jesus. The earth lies in darkness, just as it did in the beginning, until the light shines in...morning after dawn after morning. And, like in the beginning, there is a larger Light that beams into the world's darkness. Indeed, by the blood of Jesus, that Light has been expanded and multiplied, resulting in an army of light-bearers.

Do you consider yourself to be the light of the world as a Christ follower? He compares us to a city that can't be hidden on a hill.This means that if His Spirit resides in us, we are noticeable because His Spirit provides His light. We cannot hide Christ's light if we are surrendered to Him any more than a city on a hill can hide from view. The True Light is Jesus. We have True Light if we have Jesus. And we have been saved not to keep this Light to ourselves, but to share it with everyone who is in the dark around us.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for making me the light of the world. I know that if Your Word says it, it is true. Please remind me that You created and redeemed me in order for me to be a light for Your kingdom. Please educate me through thy knowledge to be a light in my generation to all around me and the world at large. Keep me in thy light forever. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:06am On Jan 18, 2022
Go forth and shine!

18th of January, 2022

"No one lights a lamp and places it beneath a bowl." Instead, they put it on a stand, and it illuminates the entire house. Let your light shine before others in the same way, so that they may see your good works and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:15-16 (NIV)

It's fascinating that Jesus indicated that His followers are the light of the world in His first public sermon, telling us to shine our light in such a way that others see our good deeds and honor God. Then, in His final words to His disciples before ascending into heaven, reported in Acts 1:8, Jesus declared, "When the Holy Spirit arrives, you will receive authority.""And you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the world," says the Lord. That promise was soon realized, and at Pentecost, the Apostles were infused with the Holy Spirit. They told the multitudes who Jesus was and what He had done on the cross, and 3,000 people repented of their sins and accepted Christ as their Savior.

It is by our excellent deeds, according to Matthew 5:16. We should live in such a way that people recognize good deeds in us - but it doesn't stop there. The goal is for others to look past our good deeds to the God who is the source of all good in us. The light is bright.And the honor belongs to God, not to us. So, go forth and shine. Serve. Love. Observe. And, as you do good, point people to the True Source of all kindness and light.

Prayer
Heavenly FatherOnly You are worthy of praise. Please remind me to always point others to You as I live out my faith. As I serve, please remind me that you are what people require, not me. May any good I do inspire people to look past me to You, giving You the honor You deserve. I pray in Your name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2022
Go And Declare

18th of January, 2022

"And He told them, 'Go throughout all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'" 16:15 in Mark (NIV)

We have been commissioned as light-bearers as disciples of Jesus. We are supposed to shine not our own light, but the light of Christ that has been placed within us by the Holy Spirit. Our purpose is simple: shine the light of the Gospel throughout the world. It is critical that we do not be intimidated by darkness in order to complete our objective. Light is unafraid of the dark. Darkness, on the other hand, is scared of light. We must not be frightened to go to the deepest spiritual depths, for it is there that we will find the answers.

Let's face it: sharing our faith with others can be intimidating. It's helpful to keep in mind that Jesus didn't say, "Let your light shine." "Let your light shine," He replied instead. To shine His light, we don't have to be beautiful or brilliant. We don't have to be the smartest, strongest, or most educated to succeed. All we have to do is allow Christ to shine through our lives.

Surrender is required for this "letting." Humility and compassion are required. It necessitates both verbal and physical courage. Above all, it necessitates confidence - faith that God will fulfill His promise in Romans 10:13... "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved," and "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing comes from faith," according to Romans 10:17.

We must go to the lost and share the Gospel with them. They won't listen if we don't share. And if they don't hear, they won't be rescued unless they call on His name. Is God in need of us? No. He is the Almighty. Nonetheless, He has chosen to bestow upon us the wonderful honor of being a part of His plan to carry out His purpose.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for including me in Your goal to carry the Gospel to the farthest reaches of the globe. When I'm afraid, remind me that I don't have to make my light shine; instead, I can let Your light shine through me. Help me to be brave and faithful in going out and proclaiming my faith and letting my light shine. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
Fishers Of Men

20th of January, 2022

"And Jesus told them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" 1:17 Mark (KJV)

When it comes to sharing the Gospel, how strong is your faith? That's probably a question you haven't been asked in a long time, if at all... It is, however, a significant one. When Jesus met the first of His twelve disciples, He made it plain that their job was to follow Him so that He could make them fishers of mankind. To put it another way, follow Me so you can throw the Gospel net and draw others into My family. The last words He said to that same disciple are recorded in what is now known as the Great Commission:Go into all the world and make disciples... Making disciples and fishing for men are the same thing. As Christ followers, our objective is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This task necessitates faith...not in ourselves, but in God's ability to save. If we believe our weakness is an issue, we will never boldly communicate our faith. We must believe Jesus' words in John 15:5, "You can do nothing apart from Me." Jesus' use of fishing as a metaphor for delivering the Gospel is brilliant. Fishermen have little control over whether fish swim into the net or bite the bait on the hook. They have no choice but to lower the net or cast the bait. Then they just sit and wait. They have faith. Perhaps they hope that fish will come to them.

For evangelism, we need a fisherman's mindset. All the effort and knowledge in the world will not persuade people to believe our message and put their faith in Jesus. But trust will get the job done. "If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed," Jesus remarked in Matthew 17:20, "nothing will be difficult for you." "Whatever you ask in My name, this I will do," Jesus said in John 14:13, "so the Father may be exalted in the Son." Aren't those some rather big promises? How many of us actually believe what they say? How many of us are confident in sharing our beliefs because of them?

Prayer
Heavenly Father,thank you for choosing me into your abundance of light.want to be a men's fisherman. Help me to trust You and follow You despite my flaws so that You can complete Your mission through me. Give me steadfast faithe and help me to stand firm in faith. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:59am On Jan 21, 2022
A Cross-Shaped Life

21st of January, 2022

"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God".~5:20 2 Corinthians (KJV)

What do I mean when I say I live a cross-shaped life? A cross-shaped life is one that reflects the Gospel and brings people to Jesus. As the Apostle Paul wrote, a person who lives this manner is actually Christ's ambassador because their daily actions show God's character. This does not imply perfect life, but rather live with purpose and a focus on the Gospel. So, how will a cross-shaped life appear to the rest of the world?

A cross-shaped life is abundantly joyous above all else. "The thief comes only to steal," Jesus remarked in John 10:10."The thief only comes to steal, murder, and destroy; I came to give them life, and abundant life." "You will make clear to me the road of life," the psalmist wrote in Psalm 16:11, "in Your presence is fullness of delight; in Your right hand there are joys forever." Salvation is unlike any other form of liberation. This independence is unaffected by circumstances or emotions. In Christ, we are set free from sin and its consequences...from the sting of death. As Christians, we should be filled with a deep and unexplainable delight in Jesus.

Is your life distinguished by abundant freedom exerted deliberately in sacrificial living if you are a Christ follower? This is our calling as Christ's ambassadors...joyfully laying down our life for others.We are willing to serve because of the wealth of grace that God has bestowed upon us.

Prayer
Heavenly Father thank You for the freedom You bought for me on the cross with the blood of your Son "Jesus". I pray that in every decision I make, my life will always and exclusively point to You. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Broad Path or Narrow Path?

23rd of January, 2022

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it". Matthew 7:13-14(KJV)

The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of this World were always mentioned by Jesus. He mentioned two options. He claimed that there is a wide road to destruction and a narrow road to eternal life. Either you are a part of God's kingdom or you are a part of the world's kingdom. You can't be a dedicated member of both at the same time. Is it better to travel on a wide or narrow road? Choose one. And not making a decision is also a decision. There is no such thing as a neutral. "You adulterous people," James 4:4 asks, "don't you realize that friendship with the world is hatred against God?" As a result, everyone who chooses to be a worldly friend becomes an enemy of God.

The usage of the words "many" and "few" by Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14 is perhaps the most surprising aspect of His words. Most of us would want to believe that the vast majority of people have a relationship with Christ and have thus discovered the narrow path. But, according to Jesus, this is not the case. Only a few have chosen the narrow road to eternal life, while "many" are on the wide road to destruction. This fact should elicit genuine grief and compassion rather than condemnation. This knowledge should motivate those who are on the narrow road to compassionately pursue those who are on their way to perdition with the Gospel. This is our objective.

Which path have you taken? Are you following in the footsteps of the masses along the broad road to oblivion?or have you accepted God's invitation to walk with Him on the narrow path that leads to eternal life in faith? What are you doing to reach folks on the other side of the Narrow Gate if you've followed Jesus through the Narrow Gate?

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You for finding a path for me to enter the small entrance to eternal life through Your blood. Please forgive me for attempting to be a part of the world and Your Kingdom on occasion. I'm aware that I won't be able to do both. Today, Jesus, I confess that I have chosen You... Your words, your ways, and my will are all yours. Please increase my burden for those on the broad path to disaster so that I can confidently reach out with the Gospel to them. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:58am On Jan 24, 2022
My Jewel

24th of January, 2022

"For where your treasure is, there will also be your heart." 6:21 Matthew (KJV)

What we value most in life is one of the things that each of us must decide. Each of us has a treasure, regardless of how much or how little we have. In our life, something or someone will be more important than everything or anybody else. That one thing or person, whatever it is, is your treasure. Your treasure will always point to where your heart is, just as a compass will always point north. This is demonstrated by Jesus' remarks to the rich young ruler in Mark 10:21, "One thing you need." You will have treasure in heaven if you sell everything you own and give it to the needy. "Come, then, and follow Me." When asked how to obtain eternal life, why did Jesus respond in this way? Why didn't He simply tell him to believe and repent? Was it necessary for Jesus to have the man's money? Obviously not. Was He requesting that the man labor for his own salvation? Certainly not. So, why did Jesus bring up the treasure of this young man?

I believe Jesus stated this in order to demonstrate the man's heart condition. "Just follow the money," as the saying goes. Jesus was on the lookout for money. The young man assured Jesus that he had followed all of the laws; however, Jesus wanted to know which ones he had broken.Was he willing to give up something fleeting in order to acquire something eternal? This man's story is told in one of the most sad verses in the Bible. "At this, the man's face sank," Mark 10:22 recounts. He left depressed because he had a lot of money."

Many people's stories nowadays are similar to this. They're brimming with the world's riches... Beautiful homes, high-end automobiles, Ivy League educations, important positions, and bank accounts brimming with cash, treasure Despite this, they are bankrupt in every aspect that matters. Destitute. Death through starvation. We were created to have a relationship with God. He intended for us to be devotees of Him and only Him.We will be left wanting more if we try to feed that need with anything other than Him. The world's wealth is insufficient to fulfill our spirits. That is something only God is capable of.

Prayer

Heavenly Father you are the most valuable possession I could possibly possess. Thank you for the death of your son "Jesus" on the cross for my sins, allowing me to be forgiven and given new life. Show me where I am hoarding non-essential items. Give me a heart if you want to give me something that will last. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:13am On Jan 25, 2022
Where Choose Ye: Heaven or on Earth?

25th of January, 2022

"Do not put your treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy them and thieves break in and take them. But store up riches in heaven, where moths and vermin won't damage them, and thieves won't break in and steal them." 6:19-20 Matthew (NIV)

You can only keep treasure in one of two locations, according to Jesus: on earth, where it may be destroyed, or in heaven, where it cannot be destroyed. Anything tangible with a price tag is unquestionably valuable. Treasures, on the other hand, do not always have to be expensive. It has potential if you can see it,a touch it, measure it, buy it, or enjoy it.Obviously, Jesus is referring to our possessions. Having material possessions is not a bad thing. God has blessed us with everything we have. We should be grateful for the resources that God has given us, but we should never idolize the gifts themselves instead of the Giver.

We can't keep our treasures in both heaven and on earth, according to Jesus. Instead, He advised us to keep our treasures in heaven rather than on earth. So, how do we tell the two apart? How can we know if we are accumulating treasures on earth rather than in heaven? You are treasuring your treasure if making and spending money is more important to you than giving money. We must all make a decision: Heaven's treasures or Earth's treasures.By offering us this option, Jesus has demonstrated that we can exchange the temporal for the eternal. We can truly commit our entire lives in something that will never fail us. The only thing we will take with us when we depart this earth is what we have invested in God's work and in God's people. So here's the question: Where's your gold? Is it in the house you currently reside in or in the afterlife?

Prayer,
Heavenly Father thank you for the gift of life. Please assist me in focusing my life on the things that are truly important. Please convict me and show me how to relax my grip on the goods of this world if I am hoarding riches on this planet. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:53am On Jan 26, 2022
Eyes Wide Open

26th of January, 2022

"I ask that the eyes of your heart be opened to see the hope to which He has called you, the richness of His magnificent inheritance in His holy people," says the apostle.
Paul's letter to the Ephesians .(Ephesians 1:18)NIV

Augustine, an early church leader, was once approached by a pagan holding his idol and declaring, "Here is my god." "Can you tell me where yours is?" "I cannot show you my God," Augustine said, "not because there is no God to show you, but because you lack the sight to behold Him." Augustine was referring to spiritual eyes rather than physical eyes for seeing God. In Ephesians 1:18, the Apostle Paul talks about these "heart eyes."

Paul was aware what it means to be spiritual.God physically took his bodily sight away on the road to Damascus so that the eyes of his heart could be opened. It is critical for us to learn to see with the eyes of our hearts as followers of Christ. We can't see past our circumstances to God's eternal purpose and plan when we merely look at things with our physical sight. When things don't go the way we want or expect, this narrow perspective can make us disappointed, nervous, and even angry.

We can truly experience God's sufficiency and goodness when we learn to open the eyes of our hearts. We can see past the difficult when we learn to look past the negative, then we can see the grace.
As disciples of Jesus, we must show the world that there is much more to life than meets the eye. We must learn to live in a way that points to eternity since this world is not our home.

Prayer
Heavenly Father I thank You for yet another day to fulfil your purpose. I ask that You would open my heart's eyes so that I might fully experience Your goodness and grace. Please help me to look beyond the here and now to Your eternal plan and purpose. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hell Believers; Are You Going 2 B Watching Us Atheists Burn In Hell From Heaven? / Re : Why are the Devil And His Angels Not Yet In HELL ? / My Thoughts On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.