Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen (11905 Views)

Jigawa Recruits 270 Herders, Establishes 200 Nomadic Schools / FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) / Ortom To Buhari: Count Benue Out Of Grazing Reserves Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by lusid: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
Governor Muhammad Badaru of Jigawa says his government was planning on expanding the existing cattle grazing reserves and routes in the state.

In a statement issued on Saturday in Dutse by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Relations, Habibu Kila, the governor made the comment when he received the state’s Chairman of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Umar Kabir, in Dutse on Friday.

“As a result of our recent working tour to the Netherlands, plans are underway to expand the existing cattle routes and grazing reserves which will provide enough all-year grass for nomads,” the governor said.

Mr Matawalle also called on the group to support his government fight against vices among the Fulani, especially the youths, who engaged in criminal activities, promising to provide Fulani children with nomadic education.

In the press statement, the governor said, “In addition to about 400 nomadic schools across the state, this administration will establish 200 more of such schools.

“It will also employ 10 Fulfulde-speaking teachers from each of the 27 local government areas of the state to ensure effective teaching and learning,” he said.

Jigawa’s Farmers and Herdsmen Board announced in April that it would demarcate 95km of land as grazing reserves as part of measures to tackle farmers/herders clashes in the state.

Its spokesman, Zubairu Sulaiman, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the reserves would be carved out in Babura, Birninkudu, Gagarawa, Gumel, Gwaram, Buji, Maigatari, Suletankarkar, Kafinhausa and Kirikasamma local government areas.

Mr Sulaiman said the state government had released more than N7 million for the exercise.

On January 1, 2008, former governor Sule Lamido established 400 grazing reserves, 50 of which have been gazetted.

https://gazettengr.com/jigawa-to-expand-grazing-reserves-build-nomadic-schools-for-herdsmen/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by SLAP44: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
That's the kind of state you are supposed to turn to a grazing field for all the cows up north.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Nwodosis(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good one

6 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by JaneYave(f): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hope it would be nomadic teachers that will teach in those nomadic schools? I pity Governors that are falling for this agenda all in the name of being in good book. May our children not get deprived of their peaceful land in the end.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by sematec(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
h
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Faber(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
For their pocket...

Na the template they want use. Create grazing reserves in the South. Import thousands of Fulani homeless urchins from the Sahel, in the name of herders. Settle them in these reserves.

After a few years, they will say the reserves is no longer containing them, that their numbers have increased owing to childbirth and cattle reproduction. Start causing problems and request for more lands. Before you know it. The whole South will be full of grazing reserves. They will now request for polling units in these reserves, off course Mosques and their Islamic schools will be all over these reserves. They will take part in politics and sponsor the own candidates. Like play, like play they will run for governor and will win or be imposed on the state, by the Supreme Court in Abuja. The South is gone be that.

#SayNoToGrazingReservesInTheSouth

148 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by slawormiir: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....Good for jigawa

visijo:
I stopped trusting people when I was a kid..I used to sleep between my parents then morning i find my self alone on the wall.
So sad story
What God has joined together let no one separate
Not even one gadmnnn son

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Hezzyluv: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
E good.

The future is cow

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by visijo(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
I stopped trusting people when I was a kid..I used to sleep between my parents then morning i find my self alone on the wall.
So sad story

15 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by BruncleZuma: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Good moves
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Jerryherd: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good one
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by WibusJaga: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021

No wahala. They can go ahead and wine & dine with cows and herdsmen. Strictly no open grazing in the South.
But this normardic education, do those people have capacity for any sort of formal education?

11 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Oyiboman69: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good luck....
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by ICCtestimony(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good move
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Jerryherd: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
JaneYave:
Hope it would be nomadic teachers that will teach in those nomadic schools? I pity Governors that are falling for this agenda all in the name of being in good book. May our children not get deprived of their peaceful land in the end.

That's strictly the business of Northerners and Normads

Jigawa has Teaching Service Commission, and Ministry of Education to cater for that

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
angry
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
This type of backwardness that head slammers exhibit is really a follow-come backwardness. A governor that attended the so-called HARAM school wants to give the young ones nomadic education

7 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by BigDolph(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Na against them.
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by temitope27(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Am back after 4 days of ban and nt knowing my offence, nairaland God punish you

15 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Adeolaeniola(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Their wahala, that one no concern south-west

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Chamillionaire(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Why most of the Hausas wey them they interview for tv no dey speak English??

Especially the young ones, Abi English dey forbidden for that side ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by bigdammyj: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good idea
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Factfinder1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
nonsense
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by Jerryherd: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
SensualMan1:
All Northern being are cows. Less of a human being from the south that's why the south will always tower above the north in all ramifications. All Northerners behave like cows.

Lol yet Dangote and Rabiu of Bua group are far better than you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by CXLVII: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
JaneYave:

Our land mentality

Land that erosion is ravaging daily

2 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by VEHINTOLAR: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
That's your problem !
Re: Jigawa To Expand Grazing Reserves, Build Nomadic Schools For Herdsmen by footlight: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
Any policy and action from the government that will improve security is welcome.

Learn Coding with 1BC
@ Your Home, Convenience and Pace.
Requirement: Laptop and Fair Internet
Note: Pre Programming Experience not Mandatory
whatsapp Contact: 07033566189

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: ICIJ Unveils World Biggest Financial Investigative Report / Tunde Idiagbo Was Mike Tyson's Real Father / Chidi Ibeh-Led Ohanaeze Ndigbo Shuts Down Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.