Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859548 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lahify(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
Dampops:
You people should not mess up this visa for Nigerians o…abeg o. Na only us dey for this world ni

how does this answer the question, plus state one illegal thing I've done there
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nickkyt(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
Hey guys.
Got my visa .
Biometrics on the 25th
Visa and pasport collected on the 2nd from DHL. Very very smooth process.

I wish everyone else best of luck. Thanks guys

11 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Oribliss: 12:09am On Feb 03, 2023
@pinkyz pls someone who is not a science student or who does not have o level result in science can the person take health and social care courses or care assistant course

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CitiOkoro(m): 12:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Greetings everyone. I wish everyone success. My wife just got her Bsc in Public Health she just started a caregiver course with Allison. With these qualifications can she get a caregiver job? Can someone share the link we could use to apply for the job? What other job could she apply for without experience? Any response or suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gbagura: 1:00am On Feb 03, 2023
February 15 is a joke. They won't do anything on that date because of me by God's grace until I get my own visa. I'm covered by divine grace.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Peeptracy: 1:52am On Feb 03, 2023
Congratulations! May I ask if this is priority paid processing? That was fast!

[/quote]
Nickkyt:
Hey guys.
Got my visa .
Biometrics on the 25th
Visa and pasport collected on the 2nd from DHL. Very very smooth process.

I wish everyone else best of luck. Thanks guys
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:49am On Feb 03, 2023
lahify:
good evening good people, please can one add dependents when one is in the uk, currently I don't have any, just met a lady and we are at talking stage so I'm putting no one as my dependent yet, can I bring her over when I'm in the uk. p.s I'm on healthcare visa.

If u marry her ..she can become ur dependent then u can bring her to the uk...
But if u dont marry her yet want to bring her u will need proof u have been in relationship for at least two years
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 3:03am On Feb 03, 2023
Dampops:
Money needs to be in the account of the MA for one month before applying. You can keep the money in your own account…

But if Maintenance is Ticked. I guess I don't need to include any pof then on my own end. But if my dependants are now applying. I can submit my wife's statement of account to cover the cost of her and her baby?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nickkyt(m): 5:04am On Feb 03, 2023
[quote author=Peeptracy post=120590040]Congratulations! May I ask if this is priority paid processing? That was fast!

Not priority o I no get that kind money. Just regular application at TSL ikeja
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nickkyt(m): 5:47am On Feb 03, 2023
Hey guys

No BRP mail yet. Although I have the visa. I'm I good ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 6:29am On Feb 03, 2023
jennymee:
We also applied as a family of 6 and we can 3.5M in my own account as I am the MA. It is always advisable to use your own account as the MA.

I guess maintenance wasn't ticked for you ba? Cos I saw people here aswell of family of 2 that did not include pof in there application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KangaIye: 6:38am On Feb 03, 2023
Oribliss:
@pinkyz pls someone who is not a science student or who does not have o level result in science can the person take health and social care courses or care assistant course

Yes

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KangaIye: 6:56am On Feb 03, 2023
February 15, February 15..... Can someone please explain what is happening on the 15th of February

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abedami: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Good day every one, am new here 🥂🥂
Did anyone knows or have information about this company " Topvisaadvisors " and also "damalconsultbackup " .

Also, is there any idea on free UK visa sponsorship on caregiver. I have certificates on caregiver and am an health work here in Nigeria.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KevinRoyalty: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2023
Please can someone share the link of official NARIC website
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nickkyt(m): 8:11am On Feb 03, 2023
KevinRoyalty:
Please can someone share the link of official NARIC website

https://ecctis.com/Default.aspx
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ama15(f): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2023
KangaIye:
February 15, February 15..... Can someone please explain what is happening on the 15th of February

Culled from law firm:

On 24/12/2021 UK Home Office announced addition of Care Workers to the UK Shortage Occupation List under Soc Code '6145 Care Workers and Home Carers'. As a result of this announcement, overseas migrant Care Workers are currently allowed to apply for Skilled Worker Health and Care visa during the one year counting from 15/02/2022.

The burning question that at present is asked by many is what next with the Care Workers after 15/02/2023. Unfortunately, Home Office is to still to provide their answer to this question, although due to the dire shortage of the local Care Workers in the UK, it is highly likely the Soc Code 6145 will remain on the Shortage Occupation List for the foreseeable future.

MAC'S APRIL 2022 REVIEW OF ADULT SOCIAL CARE

Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) in April 2022 published their Review of Adult Social Care in the UK. Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) is an independent public body sponsored by the Home Office and it advises the UK government on migration issues.

According to MAC's April 2022 Report, the UK social care sector faces additional challenges of growing demand and a restricted supply of care due to workforce shortages and budget constraints; problems exacerbated by the pandemic. MAC's projections, based on estimated future care need, suggest that the sector will need to recruit a further 236,000 FTEs over the next 11 years to keep up with growing care need.

MIGRATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE (MAC) RECOMMENDATIONS ON ADULT SOCIAL CARE HEALTH AND CARE VISA

Following review of the Adult Care Sector showing dire staff shortages, MAC provided their recommendations to Home Office. In our summary further below, we focus on those recommendations that are linked to Health and Care work visa.

MAC's recommendations:

We recommend that the Government introduces a fully funded minimum rate of pay for care workers in England that is above the National Living Wage, where care is being provided through public funds. As a minimum starting point, we would recommend a level of £10.50 per hour to be implemented immediately.

We recommend that workers in social care should be paid for the hours while at work, whether this is time spent travelling or sleeping. Whilst these hours are not being properly compensated, low paid workers are being underpaid for their time spent at work. Where care is being provided through public funds, those funds should increase to fully reflect the additional costs involved.

We recommend the removal of the Immigration Skills Charge (ISC) for all Health and Care Worker (H&CW) visas. More broadly, it would be useful to separately conduct a full review of the ISC across the entire Skilled Worker (SW) route, which was introduced some years ago and there have been substantial changes in immigration policy and its objectives since that time.

We recommend that the Government either conduct or commission research to identify administrative burdens for employers and workers that could be eliminated across the SW route.

On balance, we recommend maintaining the current salary threshold for the H&CW visa.
We maintain the recommendation that annual salary thresholds should not be prorated to allow for part-time work for migrants on the Health &Care visa.

We do not recommend any changes to English language requirements for migrants on the H&CW route.

We recommend that workers who spend the full five years working in nursing or care roles on the H&CW visa should either receive a complete settlement fee waiver or pay a lower fee, that is no higher than the unit cost of processing. The cost of this recommendation should not be passed on to other visa fees.

We recommend that there should be a review of all visa application fees more broadly to ensure that fees are affordable for people on middle and low incomes.

The MAC recommends that the decision to make care workers eligible for the H&CW visa should be made permanent, i.e., should not have an automatic sunset date.

We recommend that the Government keep care workers on the Shortage Occupation List (SOL) until the next SOL review is completed, when we will make a further recommendation.
The MAC would encourage DHSC and the DAs to work with local authorities to support the development of the market for individuals to work with a care agency to sponsor a specific care worker.

The Government could consider the introduction of a pilot umbrella scheme. Under the scheme, an umbrella body would be appointed to sponsor care workers from overseas and people who can show their level of need requires live-in care would be able to directly recruit from the umbrella body.

CONCLUSIONS ON THE MAC'S REPORT ON ADULT SOCIAL CARE

There are numerous publications on the staff shortages in UK adult care sector and on 15 December 2022, the House of Lords was scheduled to debate the staff issues in the NHS and social care sectors.

MAC has also been commissioned by the UK government in September 2022 to review Shortage Occupation List and this review is ongoing.

Care Workers and Home Carers (Soc Code 6145) are on the Shortage Occupation List since 15/02/2022 and are officially included in the List as a trial for a year only. However, In light of all the various reports, including the MAC's April 2022 review, Care Workers are likely to remain on the Shortage List for the foreseeable future. However, Home Office decision confirming this has not yet been announced.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lahify(m): 9:45am On Feb 03, 2023
advanceDNA:

If u marry her ..she can become ur dependent then u can bring her to the uk...
But if u dont marry her yet want to bring her u will need proof u have been in relationship for at least two years
thanks a bunch
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Paul2311: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2023
Have a look at [url]flightscanner.com.ng[/url] they often have good deals. I mean they show all flight prices for all the airlines.

Dampops:
Mind you, your flight will be to the Heathrow or Gatwick airport. From there, you can take a coach (National Express bus to Luton). Search for flights on kayak.com

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kafbiz: 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hello house, I’m new here.
I want to apply for my skilled work visa, how do I go about it?
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kafbiz: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nickkyt:
Hey guys

No BRP mail yet. Although I have the visa. I'm I good ?

How did you go about the visa?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Peterpan100(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
johnwick3:
we applied for a work visa from Nigeria in august 2022 ..in September the COS was out we applied for the visa in October and went for the bio metrics in the same October which for the main applicant was priority which is suppose to be out in 5 biz days..so we waited for weeks and we didn't get no response from them..3 weeks later we got a response asking for additional information which we provided...now we have to wait again since mid November till December 6 before we got another email saying the application was refused because they think we are trying to deceive them with one of our document. And i was so sure we didn't give any bad document..so i contact the working place where we worked and got out reference letter from...they said they contacted them and they gave them the right response and then again to the school we went and the [b]mix up was from the school where she did her 18month course...[/b]now we got the letter from the school and filled for administrative review.....its past 20days now that we have submitted the letter and write them about the whole issue we havent heard back from them and again i want to ask and know whats the assurance of getting the visa since we already knew where the issue came from and gotten a letter from them to back it up....
sorry for my write up if its not properly punctuated..lol first time using online blog...

Mehn. Am learning on this thread . Nah oversabi spoil this application o. Assuming you only dropped ur cos, tb test, ielts, pcc, Its sure u would have escaped all this investigations here and there.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chy55: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
Good day all.

I made a mistake while setting up my profile for Police Certificate. I entered my street address without the house number.

I discovered the error when I wanted to make payment.

Please how can I resolve this. I have tried but the website automatically brings up my information once I log in

There is no option where I can review my profile.

Please is there anything else I can do.

Thanks all
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chababe: 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
[quote author=Nickkyt post=120590804][/quote]
Wowww congrats... Heard Lagos is faster and better. People should please avoid Abuja as much as they can. Till now I'm yet to get collection mail as well as some other persons
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chababe: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
simongonner:
meself dey wait..got brp mail since 26th, no collection mail till now.. same Abuja

Goodday.. Have you gotten your collection mail?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by simongonner: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
Chababe:

Goodday.. Have you gotten your collection mail?
good day , not yet . What about yours ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by simongonner: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hi guys, am trying to make a paid call to UKVI, have tried both lines on their site with my MTN and Airtel line but the call doesn't go through, any solution? Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by balqees004(f): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
chy55:
Good day all.

I made a mistake while setting up my profile for Police Certificate. I entered my street address without the house number.

I discovered the error when I wanted to make payment.

Please how can I resolve this. I have tried but the website automatically brings up my information once I log in

There is no option where I can review my profile.

Please is there anything else I can do.

Thanks all

Pls can you share the link for the police character certificate. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chy55: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
balqees004:

Pls can you share the link for the police character certificate. Thanks

https://possap.gov.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PATRICIA93: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Chababe:

Wowww congrats... Heard Lagos is faster and better. People should please avoid Abuja as much as they can. Till now I'm yet to get collection mail as well as some other persons

My sis got her VISA very fast
VISA APPLICATION 16 Jan (standard)
BIOMETRICS 25 Jan
COLLECTION MAIL 1st FEB
BRP MAIL 2nd FEB
PASSPORT COLLECTED TODAY

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ehigiamusoe19: 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
GOOD EVENING EVERYONE, MY SISTER RECEIVED HER UK VISA TODAY BUT ONE LETTER IN HER SURNAME WAS SPELT WRONGLY.. PLEASE WHAT CAN SHE DO TO CORRECT IT OR CAN SHE TRAVEL WITH IT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.