Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? (16900 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by kuonbe(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2021
A year and half

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by BBBricks: 9:05am On Sep 18, 2021
weaning

use pap, or baby food

some babies dont like baby food cos its cow milk

but maize pap or guinea corn pap will definitely work,

not all through the day,

just be interswitching with breast milk small small then the baby is no longer crying much for breast

then he/she will be used to the pap

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Cabazieu: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2021
Rub bitter leaf on your tit.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Rob the boobs with allo vera and find yummy foods for baby to get use to...eg agidi , agidi jollof or granola

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by viettastitches(f): 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Rob the boobs with allo vera and find yummy foods for baby to get use to...eg agidi , agidi jollof or granola
Exactly what i did.

8 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by forzarush(f): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
I didn't rub anything. I gradually stopped nursing her before bedtime,I made her sleep on her own. Then I reduced the times I breastfed and then cut her off completely though she was already eating variety of food.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by MrsDot(f): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
You have to wean him/her off gradually, like missing a feed, then two, then maybe once a day ...... Just be consistent and you will be done in a week max.

I have beautiful preloved female clothes for sale

https://www.nairaland.com/6758009/na-mumu-dey-go-boutique#105941757

7 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Lamanii22(f): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
I'm still thinking about this eehn... Cause my baby has over sucked me sef, she won't eat her cereal, and she's eight months old already... she literally cries whenever we feed her... I don't know how I'd do it ...

3 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by PediakAuthor: 5:02am On Sep 20, 2021
A year and half
Op.. you said How... Not When...

Mynd44...
This thread is nice, at least it might be educative on the long run, however, in the past, I've authored more timely posts that are quite FP-worthy... for instance, check my latest topic;
https://www.nairaland.com/6759994/ado-ekiti-share-other-tourist-sites

Things like this can promote tourism in Nigeria, this is the land of Naira, therefore, contents that promote our national values should be the first on the scale of preference... just a mere observation tho...

Also, this is Monday morning... common !!!
Users should wake up to see more of business-related contents... many people are thinking of how to beat the Obalende-Oshodi traffic and many others... and na breast-related content you come dey show them this Monday morning... think about it Sir...

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Know when to stop.
Ensure adequate nutrition.
Eliminate stressors.
Wean at night.
Reduce breast-feeding sessions slowly.
Use a pump.
Manage engorgement.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Decentdave(m): 5:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Q
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Baawaa(m): 5:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Very simple,give the breasts back to the original owner which is father.case closed grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Aforxzy(f): 5:03am On Sep 20, 2021
It's done gradually. Reduce your breast feeding time to nights only while you feed the child with other foods during the day. Do this for a while. When this has become normal for the child, then move to stop the night feeding too.

To stop the night and overnight feeding which is the hardest cos you might not like getting up to make food for the child. You can use help, by not allowing the child to sleep with you during this period. When he/she wakes up to eat during the night give cereal , pap or whatever the child likes. You must be consistent with this until it becomes normal for like one week the child will stop breast feeding.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Auxtin85(m): 5:05am On Sep 20, 2021
Take the baby to your mother if she is not busy, put bitter leaf juice on the breast when the baby taste it he/she will avoid it though some babies will bear the bitter taste, lick it off and enjoy the breast milk lastly feed the baby with normal food and endure the baby’s cry when he/she wants breast milk

14 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Ndjones(m): 5:06am On Sep 20, 2021
Squeeze bitter leaf and rub on the nipple
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Quality20(m): 5:20am On Sep 20, 2021
wen d baby is tired he gonna stop, he can't suck for more than two years na

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by geolabious(m): 5:20am On Sep 20, 2021
Very easy put bitter leave juice on it.....but make sure there is a meal beside you right there. Do this for like 5times. Though the babe will keep trying but until the bitterness registered on his or her brain..

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Stellaify1: 5:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Urbanchampion: 5:21am On Sep 20, 2021
I remember how my wife stopped the twins from breastfeeding in 2017. We travelled home during Chrismas for family reunion, she dropped them with my mum, however, it wasn't easy, Taiwo almost cried himself to sickness, but Ìyá Lanre , who's an expert in babysitting didn't burge. By the time we arrived back in Abuja, they don forget everything about breastfeeding. It's was amala, noodles and cereals thereafter.

38 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by cenaman(m): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Cut off the nipple.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by wunmi590(m): 5:27am On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Jestin: 5:28am On Sep 20, 2021
I remember when my mum use to squeeze bitter leaf on her breast for my last born to stop breast feeding. The small boy dey lick everything without caring if it is bitter or not.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by mfm04622: 5:28am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half

At a year and half old, just stop giving him. Just stop. If he asks for it, say no. Simple. He is old enough to know no

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 20, 2021
Lamanii22:
I'm still thinking about this eehn... Cause my baby has over sucked me sef, she won't eat her cereal, and she's eight months old already... she literally cries whenever we feed her... I don't know how I'd do it ...

Girls of nowadays sef.
But your mother breast-fed you for over 3 years without complaining.
You breastfed your baby for just few months you're already complaining.
In those old days, babies are breast fed for over 5 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 20, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

See them. Girls of nowadays. They know anything that could make them lazy; anything that could take away their gender duties and responsibilities as women. All they just want to do is sleep, eat, get their dirty private part licked, and watch BBN.

A baby you likely never breastfed over 1 year, you're already talking of wickedly punishing the little, innocent creature with aloe vera. While you yourself cannot swallow a drop of aloe vera.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by supereagle(m): 5:36am On Sep 20, 2021
OP didn't learn from the mum. No indult meant. Some children will leak the bitter leaf and enjoy the breast milk. Try some of the suggestions given, look for the one that work best for you. Best of luck.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by money121(m): 5:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by money121(m): 5:37am On Sep 20, 2021
Cabazieu:
Rub bitter leaf on your tit.
After doing dis my daughter still suck that breast oo grin grin
If your parent live within you can drop the kid for them
Within a wk he/she will forget breast feeding
But the mother breast sef will hear am oo grin grin
Married men can understand tongue tongue
Don't let me go deeper

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defilement: An Important Lesson For All Parents / Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Subsidy Removal : What personal Adjustment are you making?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.