Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

The First Time You Cooked? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The First Time You Cooked? (10073 Views)

White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Time You Cooked? by otokx(m): 8:50am On Aug 18, 2007
Very Interesting; really had a good laugh.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by soulpatrol(f): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2007
wetin u give them chop o? grin
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Sarifat(f): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2007
Well, mine dors not have to do with food but very funny. Here it goes,

It was the first time i loosed hair with an attachment for my elder sis, the first attachment that came out i taught it was her hair that i was removing so kept dudging so she wont see that her hair was removing.

i was doing this untill i have almost finished. then suddenly she asked me for the attachment that i have been removing it was then i realise that it is normal
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by naijababe2(f): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2007
well i boiled yam through frying method,
my yam was BURNT,
actually i fogot that food was on the fire,
was watching tv in my room,
it was a smoky exprience,
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by MP007(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2007
I nearly killed everybody. People that ate the food were just running to-and fro to the rest room for like 2 hours, fighting to take turns in the rest room. It was hilarious but crazy for them, i was thus banned from the kitchen grin grin
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by ebony4life(f): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Nigeria

Re: The First Time You Cooked - What Was it Like?
Men!

The title of my first cooking was Oh God! because everybody that ate that food made that exclaimation
It was beans o,
Only God knows how I managed to pick it, the stones were playing their match
And the salt was enough to purify your stomach!

Next time I wanted to cook I had 10 supervisors in the kitchen! embarassed embarassed
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by vivi(f): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2007
dis was not d frst time i cooked bt it was one of d first. on tat day ma sisters went out with ma mum. n after one hr of playin ten ten with some frends i was starvin. n i decided 2 cook j rice. after per boilin d rice, i took it down washed it n put oil on d fire. n at tat moment or naibour passed in front of our house carin bags. i rushed 2 help her, when we got 2 her house i stayed tere 4 a while. when i went back home, ma pot was on fire! i had no idea wat 2 do. i poured wata like crsy bt it kept
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by vivi(f): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2007
on burnin finally i coverd the pot so d fire wouldnt spread n miraculously d fire stoped. i was so happy tat d fire had stopd. i decided 2 wash d pot corse by den it had turnd pitch blak. as i was trin 2 wash d pot, i startd 2 work magick: everytin i touched turned blak. so here i am standin in a black kitchen when ma sisters arived ( ma mom had stoped 2 talk 2 a frend) dey helpd me clean up n brout d kitchen bak 2 its original state. but d pot was neva d same again.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by NiteAngel(m): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2007
Ebony4life, they chose to supervise as a measure against appendicitis!

I can't quite remember the first time or the first meal but I recollect vividly the first time I attempted to make amala (yam floiur paste) on my own after watching over a period of time.

As I poured in the elubo (yam flour) I saw the lumps dancing, I panicked and emptied the boiling pot to start afresh. As I poured the yam flour in again, I panicked and the lumpy paste suffered the same fate. Not until the 3d time did I take up the courage to stir and make something that could be described as edible lumps. Needless to say I made a better attempt at learning when next we had it on the menu.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Elgaxton(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
Chei! chei!! chei!!!

I don laff belleful even laffing the first I cooked egusi.

The first time I actually cooked egusi soup eh, I was feeling cool at first and next thing I begin see BIIGG lumps, at the

end eh? the lumps big like Tangerine balls(orange), but tasty afterall sha. we just dey take the EBA dey press the lumps

be4 we eat am(LOL)!

But now I'm expert o!

Dem dey hire me to cook beans for house! I too much. grin grin cheesy

Where' Darfur? come tell us how your first meal be? I know sey na fire extinguisher them use off una stove/gas! shocked grin

@Ne4Real

Liar! U don burn the whole food!
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by darfur(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
i can never forget the 1st time i cooked. . . . . . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry . . . . . . . i lost my darling mother that night. . . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. . . . . . . . obviously i cant remember how the food was. cant remember if i ate that night. . . . . . . cry
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Elgaxton(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2007
@darfur

Sorry o!

What a terrible night that must have been shocked shocked shocked
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by herdey2tu(f): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
sad
@Dafur ; sorry ooooooo.
may her soul Rest in busom of the lord. smiley
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 23, 2007
Amen.
It must be tough not having a mom.
May God console you my brother.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by herdey2tu(f): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2007
remebering the first time i cooked always put a smile on my face ( i think i was 11+), i wanted to surprise my mum and simbling with my curlinary skills, (since i have been of much help in the kitchen while my mum prepares the meal; u know handling spoons plates seasoning and most interesting; tasting and biting / pinching the meat grin).i made a wonderful pot of jollof rice with the oil( palm, vegetable and butter) having a feild day on top of the well salted and garnished burnt rice. cheesy
unfortunately i increased my dad's BP with just a spoon of my delicious rice. sad
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Elgaxton(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2007
herdey2tu:

remebering the first time i cooked always put a smile on my face ( i think i was 11+),
unfortunately i increased my dad's BP with just a spoon of my delicious rice. sad

Very funny grin grin grin

so u don knack ur papa poison eh! shocked
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by herdey2tu(f): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2007
[quote author=Elgaxton link=topic=67604.msg1423116#msg1423116 date=1187867436

so u don knack your papa poison eh! shocked
[quote][/quote]

Na soo o i see am grin

for real, it wasn't funny at all o.i felt so bad , becos he actually ate the food becos he does not want to add to the disappointment i felt, when my simbling were having a wonderful time at my expense! smiley
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by adekay(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2007
cheesy i can't really remember my first time but i sha know there was a time was a time i fried egg and the outcome was not up to a tablespoon full. grin grin grin.
and there was a time i ddn't kno how to buy egg.i was always asking for unboiled egg instead of sayin fresh egg and the mumu aboki gave me boiled egg,this happened like 3tyms consecutively. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by adekay(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2007
made rice one tym like dat and burn the rice and the pot together.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by bababanky1: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2007
Cook? God help me. I'm sure i am the worst cook in naija. The first time i cooked was when my girl friend came to check me in my apartment in school. I cooked rice and boiled egg. It was disaster, though she pretended it was cool. My mum tried hard on me but no way. I've given up on that now.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by vivi(f): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
i don't remember the exact first tym i cooked, but i do
remember the first time i tried to prepare custard!,
it was as good as water, but execpt for the colour sha wink cheesy
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by PTH(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2007
vivi:

i don't remember the exact first time i cooked, but i do
remember the first time i tried to prepare custard!,
it was as good as water, but execpt for the colour sha wink cheesy

Up till tomorrow i still cant make ogi well at all. I gradually learnt to make custard after a few attempts at drinking yellow water.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2007
Hmmm! lipsrsealed

Is there anything  in this world and the next ones to come that you know how to do? embarassed

*****shakes head, belly and tail in pity.*****
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by PTH(m): 12:32am On Aug 24, 2007
i'm good at ingoring tarts who use the  internet to boost their flagging ego.  wink
Was that what your mom was thinking the first time you cooked?
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:44am On Aug 24, 2007
waka pass je je oh! tongue
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Elgaxton(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2007
@babeelove

so u get tail eh?

na wah o

abi na ur down below u dey call tail , no but na female u be!

ok i get it now. U be monkey
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by chy(f): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2007
Mine was the first time i cooked soup.
i visited my uncle to spend the hols with them
then the told me to cook soup. Guess what i just entered
university so the assumed i should be an expert. Waow the
okro soup was just too watery i was confused because i poured
too much water and now added the okro. The thot that it was my
cousin that distracted me not knowing that it was my amateur skills
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:22am On Aug 26, 2007
Elgaxton:

@babeelove

so u get tail eh?

na wah o

abi na your down below u dey call tail , no but na female u be!

ok i get it now. You be monkey

Anyone you talk oh! tongue
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Mutee: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2007
the first time i cooked was hell. too much salt and nobody ate the food.

but now, i bet i can cook better than a thousand and one of the ladies.

any food. egusi, ogbono, ewedu, edikan-ikong, pounded yam, semo, u just name it.
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by sweetberry(f): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2007
the first time i cn remember is boiling beans. Well i was suppsosse to be cooking it but i washed the beans so much that i peeled most of l the skin and boiled it like that
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Macutie(f): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2007
No crisis here just a case of half done bean, maybe a bit salty and maybe even the dog refused to eat it

hehehehehehehehe grin
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by ClimieNH89: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2007
I don't remember.

But the food was good though. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Legend Green Tea, Lemon And Ginger / Ekiti/ondo State Cuisine / What You Can Eat/drink To Shrink Fibroid Without Regrowth 07065486053

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.