Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

The First Time You Cooked? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The First Time You Cooked? (10074 Views)

White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Pepeye(f): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2009
was pretty young the first time I cooked ….which was jollof rice and it was a disaster smiley
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by yesboss20(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hahh!
Read some funny comments here. Lol
My 1st experience was with beans. What can I say, da beans was almost ready, da palm oil was lubricating properly and it didn't look half-bad though as I sank my teeth into the meal, enjoying the fruit of my labour!
grin
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by lovetree: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2010
this is from a friend of mine.
The first time she cooked,it was jollof rice.she  put the rice on fire as usual but the rice was white and as we all know,jollof rice is red.she thought of what she could put in the rice to make it red and there goes the palm oil into the rice.There!jollof rice don do. shocked shocked
Re: The First Time You Cooked? by Dolaapo(f): 6:49am On Sep 05, 2010
My brother and i were home and hungry (i was 13), there was no meat (mum went for shopping) but there was smoked fish (eja kika). So i decided to cook smoked fish stew. i boiled some fresh pepper and added shredded smoked fish (instead of whole or halves). The stew "resembled" fried stew that is normally used to eat bread or yam. My mum had to cook proper stew and my stew (surprisingly, it was delicious) was eaten with bread or yam. grin
Another cooking experience from childhood: My brother and i were home and hungry (always hungry), so i decided to cook. I sliced onion, big bell pepper, ata rodo, and tomatoes. Poured some vegetable oil in the the frying pan and added all the sliced ingredients with spices. I covered the frying pan and turned down the heat (to the lowest), went to the sitting room and forgot about the stew. By the time i remembered, the sliced ingredients had turned into fried stew (i accidentally discovered a great recipe) and it tasted so good that my brother kept asking for a remake every weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Legend Green Tea, Lemon And Ginger / What You Can Eat/drink To Shrink Fibroid Without Regrowth 07065486053 / Ekiti/ondo State Cuisine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.