Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria (26449 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
That was an experiment and was never conceived neither mass produced..
Even with engineers looking at forms of energy as an alternative to aviation fuel.. Nuclear energy isnt one of them
AllahThePig:
What do you mean? Are you saying that there is no military aircraft which operates on jet propulsion which is powered by a nuclear reactor?
[img]https://images./4eFHpi2cRX3xNdc62BrkTv.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Gfskw: 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by olatuns2017: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by AllahThePig: 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Even if nuclear power is still at the experimental stage, why purchase a propeller powered plane and not a jet engine one?
With the exception of single engine Cessnas which are used for training pilots (and helicopters), no serious minded military in the 21st century is actually deploying propeller planes on such a large scale as this government is doing with Tucano A-29s.

Cognitivereason:
That was an experiment and was never conceived neither mass produced..
Even with engineers looking at forms of energy as an alternative to aviation fuel.. Nuclear energy isnt one of them
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 5:13am On Sep 20, 2021
Ur priority on it engine is what reducing ur sight on the bigger advantage... I just told u that speed isn't a priority for COIN but ruggedness and the ability to operate at low altitude... Even the a 10 attack plane of the us despite featuring a jet engine is primarily designed to operate on low altitude and speed to have accurate data on threat on the ground...
Let me also remind u that the tucano a turbo prop engine not a cylinder driven propeller engine....the difference is DAT the turbo prop features a jet engine which drives the propeller compared to the piston/cylinder engine commonly seem on Cesena trainer planes....

For u to claim that countries are not optioning for the a 29 tucano is purely out of lack of info...or ignorance....u should also try seeing how many of these planes the US operate for it army

U should try browsing the specs and it ranking and comparison with other counterinsurgency aircraft.. Then u will know it worth.... Ur not wiser than the entire airforce who went through the painstaking and slow progress of obtaining this from the US...

This meets the demand of ground attack in Nigeria ..it also value for money as am sure hearing news about buhari borrowing to purchase the F 35 won't sound good to u..

Nigeria buying f 35 now is only for bragging rights as we don't have an enemy so sophisticated that it requires one..
AllahThePig:
Even if nuclear power is still at the experimental stage, why purchase a propeller powered plane and not a jet engine one?
With the exception of single engine Cessnas which are used for training pilots (and helicopters), no serious minded military in the 21st century is actually deploying propeller planes on such a large scale as this government is doing with Tucano A-29s.

Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2021
peppermint7:
Iswap and Boko boys waiting for the planes to land
grin
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by peppermint7(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2021
skywalker240:

grin
Boss no laff o
Re: Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria by trippleKAY(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2021
Let me drop this headline I saw jus now.
And please tell me who u think made it disappear.

https://www.nairaland.com/6763109/still-searching-fighter-jet-went

And Boko would be able to afford the spare parts, the technical knowhow, the skill needed to pilot them and the place to store them, since when I last checked Boko has no storage facilities for sophisticated aircraft.?

Also, Boko will cooperate with the USA on operating the planes too? Considering as the US is going to be around to help for some time.

I know you no like Buhari. I don't either. But this your bitterness is too much. Besides, considering Boko has killed more Muslims than Christians(Including attacking Kano Mosque and killing scores because the then Emir said something they did not like) , I think no Northerner would want them running the show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest States Debt Profile In Nigeria / Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Osinbajo Commissions The Construction Of Bonny-Bodo Road In Rivers State (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.