Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Just In: My Life Is In Danger: Eziagulu-otu Agulueri Monarch Cries Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: My Life Is In Danger: Eziagulu-otu Agulueri Monarch Cries Out. (558 Views)

Anambra East APGA Rally: Soludo Vows To Construct Eziagulu Otu-Enugu Otu Road / My Children Using My Letterhead For Fraud – Kogi Monarch Cries Out / Bandits Are Harvesting Our Crops, Katsina Monarch Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In: My Life Is In Danger: Eziagulu-otu Agulueri Monarch Cries Out. by Paschal2806: 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
Just In:
My life is in danger: Eziagulu-Otu Agulueri Monarch cries out.

By Chizoba Egwunba.

18th September, 2021.

OTUOCHA- Addressing Journalists in his Palace at Eziagulu-otu Aguleri, the Traditional Ruler, His Royal Highnese,
Igwe Peter Udorji Ikegbunem said he is now an endangered specie and called on well meaning Anambrians, Police, DSS and President Buhari to come to his rescue.

Igwe Peter Ikegbunam raised this alarm because of constant threat to his life for going to Court to reclaim his stool and following the brutal murder of Igwe Alex Edozienu who was murdered in a Cold blood. In recent time also, the traditional ruler of Nwafia community in Njikoka Local Government Area, Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo had also raised an alarm that some persons were after his life and the stool.

The traditional ruler of Eziagulu-otu Aguleri told Journalists in his Palace that he would not keep quiet and allow people kill him the way they killed Igwe Alex Anakpulu Edozieuno of Mkpunando-otu Aguleri. Apart from threat to his life, Igwe Peter Udorji Ikegbunem informed the Public that He has been warned by these elements never to wear his Igwe regalia and he should withdraw his case from court or they will come after him.

"They have severally threatened my life, warned me not to wear my Igwe regalia again. I cannot go out from house anymore. I have been warned not continue with the court case I instituted to reclaim my traditional mandate given to me by my people."

"I am calling on President Buhari, Police, DSS, well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid. My condition is very bad. I have refused to go on exile. I cannot run away from my land and People. I am the next person they are targeting." The Commissioner of Police in Anambra state should provide me with Police to guard me. My life is in danger.

They alleged to have dethroned me. Ehy are they after my life. I didn't incite my people to take laws into their hands. I decided to go to court on this matter. It is an abomination in Our Culture to dethrone a sitting King. Till date, My people still regarded me as their king as you can see prominent Stakeholders here with me. Before I become Igwe, I have used my personal fund to help my people. I have no problem with my people.

I want to place it on record, after Our Visit to Mr president, nobody called me nor summoned me not in Anambra State or Aguleri or even Eziagulu-otu Aguleri for any wrong doing. I only heard of my suspension and dethronment on social media and Radio Stations.

It will be recalled the murder Aguleri King, Igwe Edozienu with Ten others from Anambra state visited President Buhari last year to commend the President for the various projects the Federal government under his watch was executing in the South-east geopolitical zone such as the Second Niger Bridge, the Ziks Maosoleum, the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, school feeding programmes, and so many others. This appreciation visit didn't go down well with the Governor. The 12 traditional rulers were still in Abuja when on August 12, 2020 the state government handed them one year suspension for travelling out of the state without Governor Obiano approval. Hence, the suspension and dethronment some of these Monarchs.

Igwe Peter Udorji Ikegbunem Expressed sadness over the death of Igwe Alex Anakpulu Edozieuno. He said, "the Murdered King was the First President General of Enugwu-Otu Aguleri and he was instrumental in creating Mkpunando-otu Aguleri, Ikem Ivite, Owelle and Ukwalla as communities in Anambra State during Mbadinuju Era and these communities were approved By State Assembly and gazetted by Government. He did a lot for Aguleri people living across the River and His gruesome murder is a fatal blow to Aglueri people. His Killers will never go unpunished" He said.

(1) (Reply)

To My Esteemed Southern Governors / NG-CARES: World Bank Gives Nod To Fg’s $750m Economic Programme / Wike, PDP Celebrate Decamping Of Rivers APC Stalwarts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.