Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884146 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bochu: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2014
Dehonourable: . @Godson201333n tanx. Am waiting formore info. But, can one secure 3months accomodatn arnd d german language schl in lag?
the question be say shey u fit pay 4 haus there,cos haus there cost ooo....und secondly I strongly advice u not to study in goethe buh have a privat tutor with a goethe lehrer so u can learn well and fast..normal klasse no be am oo..dem no go serious wit una.I don tell u ooo....später
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 11:51am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bochu: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=tmed1]

Alright, let me give you my own experience at the German Embassy then:

I got to the embassy as early as I could on the 28th of August 2013. I gave all my documents to the guy at the reception. I had already prepared for the interview by reading past experiences of interview on Nairaland and going to my University's website to learn more about my course information and curriculum. I waited at the reception. By the way, I was waiting in the reception with some other guys and girls(some of them were also members of Nairaland).

At this moment, I was praying silently to God so that I would not be interviewed by the old woman, considering the negative responses I had heard about her on Nairaland. Shortly after, an old woman came downstairs to the reception and said "who is Mr......?" My fear had become reality. She said I should come along with her. I suddenly re-gained my confidence. It didn't matter to me anymore who will conduct the interview. After all, I was prepared.

I started walking "swaggerly" up the stairs even ahead of her cool. We got to her office and she asked me to have a seat. Then I mistakenly went over to sit at her own seat instead of the interviewee's seat. Then she shouted, raising her two hands towards me, "what are you doing? I said you should sit here!" Then I laughed softly and said "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry. I thought you asked me to sit here" Anyway, she started asking me some few questions about my family. It didn't even occur to me that the Interview had started until I saw her writing my answers on her computer.

She asked me if I understood German...(I said No but I was willing to learn when I got to Germany)
She asked me how I knew about the school
Who is my sponsor?...(I said my father)
How many children did my father give birth to?
What does my father do for a living?
What have I been doing after I left school?
What do you know about Germany...(Then I told her the numbers of states that Germany have and the countries it shares border with)
Then She asked me to mention them
She also asked me the name of the city where I am going to study?
Then she asked me the name of the capital of Germany
She asked me what I am going to study?...(I said International Relations)
Then asked me, "what do you know about politics" (Then I started lecturing her on the political system of Germany cool)
She interrupted and asked me about the structure of the Program and the curriculum...(Then I started explaining in detail) Then she again interrupted me and said "Just summarize it!"
Up to this stage, the interview was going well until she asked me one last question
She asked me "who is the current Minister of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria?" ...Then I told her, I don't know
Then she said "What! You want to study International Relations and you don't know who the Foreign Minister is?...(I replied again, that I really don't know)

There was a moment of silence. Then, she started bringing out some papers from her drawer. My heart began to beat very fast. I thought she was about to give me an exam to write. After about 5 Minutes of her looking at some papers. She told me the interview was over and that she will contact when she gets the necessary response.

27 days later, I got a message from the embassy to come with my passport and a 3 month travel health insurance.

I hope this helps smiley[/quote mehn u gat me shouting yes yes after reading dis writings...where I enjoyed most is the end part..the 3 monats part.just pray mine goes smoothly like urs..which side u dey?m

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
eke40seven thank very much.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
JewelStone: Hi guys,

Please I need a little help. I'm applying for short stay German visa. I'm going for tourism, my interview is next week.

I'm meant to fill an online form called 'Videx', and I'm having challenges with this form. Some options are not highlighting, and it's also asking for bar code. When I tried printing, only the first page came out.

If there's anyone that has experience with this form, kindly help me out.
check if you set the printer to A4 before you printed it.....i mean on that display, after you press cntrl P, where you select printer, indicate copies etc ensure it is set to A4....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
A beg who apply to trier university? Dem don give admission list?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
please guys help me out coz i want to make a decision on my masters degree application. i want to know if South Westphalia university of applied sciences has a good prospect for an international student ie jobs, development, lecture etc. peeps ur contributions and advices are welcomed, thanks in advance.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Negro1986: please guys help me out coz i want to make a decision on my masters degree application. i want to know if South Westphalia university of applied sciences has a good prospect for an international student ie jobs, development, lecture etc. peeps ur contributions and advices are welcomed, thanks in advance.
I will choose my words carefully in giving my opinion.
The school is located in Iserlohn a town of about 95,000 people. A good town generally with good leisure and some industries, since its close to the Ruhr Westphalia industrial region. It also has some technical institute, two tertiary institutions, the subject school included. it is just about under 12 miles from Dortmund (say, Oworonshoki- Ifako in Lagos) about 15 mins (not accurate o) drive considering a better accessibility than Lagos. Note that Dortmund is also a major city and an industrial hub. So I assume it is a good prospect as far as Job and other economic considerations are concerned.
In terms of rankings and rating, (am being careful here so that I won't ruffle feathers) from all indications, it may not be a top notch school comparatively but not too bad generally. Just maybe within the first 130 or thereabout of the over 350 or so tertiary schools in the country. However, there is an official German ranking (used by DAAD) which estimates the strength of your school by faculty or department, which is more indicative in choosing a specific course of study. The link is here, http://www.che-ranking.de/cms/?getObject=615&getLang=en
Alternatively you can register your enquiries at "toytown-germany" (Google it). On that forum, you can meet English speaking Germans and other international students who may be willing to give you a clearer, unbiased though sometimes critical view of the school. Make your view clear to them by writing plainly so that they can understand and answer you well.
I hope I have been of little help? Hope you get more contribution on the issue.
Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
The school is located in Iserlohn a town of about 95,000 people. A good town generally with good leisure and some industries, since its close to the Ruhr Westphalia industrial region. It also has some technical institute, two tertiary institutions, the subject school included. it is just about under 12 miles from Dortmund (say, Oworonshoki- Ifako in Lagos) about 15 mins (not accurate o) drive considering a better accessibility than Lagos. Note that Dortmund is also a major city and an industrial hub. So I assume it is a good prospect as far as Job and other economic considerations are concerned.
In terms of rankings and rating, (am being careful here so that I won't ruffle feathers) from all indications, it may not be a top notch school comparatively but not too bad generally. Just maybe within the first 130 or thereabout of the over 350 or so tertiary schools in the country. However, there is an official German ranking (used by DAAD) which estimates the strength of your school by faculty or department, which is more indicative in choosing a specific course of study. The link is here, http://www.che-ranking.de/cms/?getObject=615&getLang=en
Alternatively you can register your enquiries at "toytown-germany" (Google it). On that forum, you can meet English speaking Germans and other international students who may be willing to give you a clearer, unbiased though sometimes critical view of the school. Make your view clear to them by writing plainly so that they can understand and answer you well.
Good luck!

Nice one bro !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
you sure you dont need an ip or vpn to open toytown because naija ain't allowed to register
Eke40seven:
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Eke40seven thank you so much and may d gud lord bless yu more, ur reply is educational and resourceful, i really appreciate.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
segadebayo: you sure you dont need an ip or vpn to open toytown because naija ain't allowed to register
No such thing is required, registration is free, fluid and without hassles. The only thing you require is just your ability to read and write; any basic access to internet; basic knowledge of important German cities ('cos they will give a simple quiz); an email address (to confirm your registration); and you are in business!
P.S: There is no restriction on Naija, I even filled the space for nationality in upper case letter. In the space for 'your current location', choose 'Africa' (scroll down to the very bottom) because countries in Africa are not listed)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
No such thing is required, registration is free, fluid and without hassles. The only thing you require is just your ability to read and write; any basic access to internet; basic knowledge of important German cities ('cos they will give a simple quiz); an email address (to confirm your registration); and you are in business!
P.S: There is no restriction on Naija, I even filled the space for nationality in upper case letter. In the space for 'your current location', choose 'Africa' (scroll down to the very bottom) because countries in Africa are not listed)

An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

exact message i got on my android phone and laptop, even navigating to the help files brings that message anyway no p
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
Eke40seven:

Anyway i found a way around the registration but ain't allowed to view the forum but can do other stuffs still dat error message, or ....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:16am On Jul 29, 2014
segadebayo:

Anyway i found a way around the registration but ain't allowed to view the forum but can do other stuffs still dat error message, or ....
Oops! Sorry, I wouldn't know why yours is proving so troublesome even when you said you used a laptop too, I encountered no such thing. I have been roaming around the site like fart in a water tight container.
May be you should try the desktop version on your phone if you are on the mobile site or vice versa.
As a further proof of Naija's unrestricted access, a lot of sharp guys (with proper Naija names) have been posting away, asking questions about school and survival and mehn! the responses have been overwhelming as well as insightful. you can check *forum*German theme* newcomers*
Please, don't forget to share your answers and experiences here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dcitizen1: 3:11am On Jul 29, 2014
@ damsamty

I encounterd a problem after i registered for an admission into rhein-waal UAS. When i clicked on additional courses to select alternative courses of study, the page appeard but there were no options for courses that appeared when i clicked on the drop down menus. I would like you to give me an hint on how to resolve the issue. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Bethiano: am not just happy with you guys ooooo, make una anwser ppl question nahh ! Una dey here dey talk unilag and rhine waal. Abeg make una free d matter, the guy done beg everybody, yet some ppl no wan forgive amm. Wetin una want make him do again? Although, i agree with His point of view. I understand that the major reason y some of us here going to germany is for economic reason and good life. The study thing is just an icing on the cake. But i advice, if u must study abroad, make sure the school is a good school. Know that NUC recently published a list of schools whose certificate are accepted in nigeria. Look before u leap so u dont waist ur time and money. For the records, some nigerian unis are better than some schools abroad. I can prove this to you anytime any day.

This assertion could be true for countries like Estonia, Cyprus, Malta, Ukraine and the likes.
For Germany, capital no.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
Sorry once again! didn't mean to arouse your ire. Forgive an erring brother. This whole thing is my cousin's fault! if you knew what he said about the school and the links he gave me to support you will appreciate how diplomatic I had been about this issue. My cousin just graduated from Uni Duisburg-Essen, In his reply to my enquiries he said, [b]"...eh, those people wey their poor mathematics professors dey teach biology?...". [/b]His very words! To add salt to injury, he backed up his claims by giving me the following links
http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t295601.html
http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t323045.html
As if the opinion there was not enough to hurt my aching heart, he pointed out the ranking thing to me. I wanted to further argue with him on this issue but he was just too informed. I just backed down, crestfallen with tails between my legs hoping he won't say anything further, he gave me the contact of that international student and told me to rather apply at Taraba State University Jalingo as his TKO!
Now how is that for an advise. kicking you when you are already down!

Eke,
The bold statement, was it what your cousin personally experienced or what he read from the posts on my toytowngermany?
I asked because I have read that post since last year, though many people here might not be able to open the link, but you can agree with me that the post is dated 2012 or so.
I would not want to praise Rhein waal or paint it as good,neither would I want to bad-mouth the school. The buildings in the second campus was just completed and moved to last summer semester with modern facilities as published in the news section of the website.I am an advocate of see it first yourself before you make conclusion. I will go there and if it is not ok for me, I will transfer to other university.
Until you answer my Question about ur cousin's experience, then will I know the kind of judge you are.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sunny200: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2014
mayya: A prospective TUM applicant, I was scheduled for an interview for 4th of august

Please i sent mail to rk-201@lago.diplo.de requesting for Interview till date i have receive any reply from the embassy. i sent the mail since july 26th. has any body receive date since 26th.

am to study at Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sunny200: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2014
has anyone receive an interview date since 26th july iam yet to get an email where did you send ur mail to rk-201@lago.diplo.de or rk-20l@lago.diplo.de
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2014
sunny200: has anyone receive an interview date since 26th july iam yet to get an email where did you send ur mail to rk-201@lago.diplo.de or rk-20l@lago.diplo.de
I thoght there is public holiday monday and tuesday, they will reply u when they resume. This is d address rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:45am On Jul 29, 2014
bissiejoe:

Eke,
The bold statement, was it what your cousin personally experienced or what he read from the posts on my toytowngermany?
I asked because I have read that post since last year, though many people here might not be able to open the link, but you can agree with me that the post is dated 2012 or so.
I would not want to praise Rhein waal or paint it as good,neither would I want to bad-mouth the school. The buildings in the second campus was just completed and moved to last summer semester with modern facilities as published in the news section of the website.I am an advocate of see it first yourself before you make conclusion. I will go there and if it is not ok for me, I will transfer to other university.
Until you answer my Question about ur cousin's experience, then will I know the kind of judge you are.
I will (although reluctantly) address this issue as regards the question you asked. I just hope other readers won't further misinterpret my response.
I commented on my cousin's educational background. He studied and still lives in Duisburg and has a kid with a native from that region. I thought I was armed with enough information but his arsenal of information and intellectual fire power on that region was just undeniably superior to mine.
First note that Duisburg is about 33 miles away from kleve (think Lagos-oshodi to Ijebu Ode) and about 25 miles from kamp-linfort (Lagos Oshodi to Shagamu or more). I believe you know that those are the two campuses of the school. He described Kleve as a small, good but sleepy town with a population of less than 50,000 or thereabout. The only highlight being the university of kleve and an arm of Rhine Waal located there and his description of the other campus in Kamp-Linfort was even less inspiring. So he said, "It beats me to moans how you intend to sustain yourself financially in such a place without external help" Although he consoled me by saying I could cross over to Nijmegen in the Netherland a shipping town with at least 3 times the population of kleve, just 10-12 miles away for a wrap of weed if I get too frustrated and work on the docks to earn my transport fare back (He was brutal) Forgetting that he too worked on the docks in Duisburg (they also have a good inland port) and imported any scrap he could find on the streets. From VW buses to 1993 Duisburg, Shalcke 04 and Dortmund jerseys. Although he finally recommended that I could easily find holiday jobs in nearby Duisburg, Dusseldorf, and Gelsenkirchen (all within 45 miles) if am willing to work even though the area is no longer the leading economic driver of yore.
So that is that for the location (important to me since I was considering the economic side too as an Igbo boy na)
Now for the school, I commented on the age of the school in defence of their poor rankings, he countered by pointing out King Abdullah University of Science and Technology which was created in the same year, 2009 but had made the first 500 list of all 3 universally accepted rankings. (He had answers for everything). If I start elaborating on the details of his comments, it will raise unnecessary arguments. However he said if I intend to use the degree in Nigeria its fine cos no one knows about the school, the name Germany may be my saving grace and sometimes its advantageous to go to an average school because you stand a better chance of graduating within the first 20% of your class which is one of the major things employers in Germany look out for if they don't consider your school.
However, for me I feel he may be a bit prejudiced against the school since he didn't consider the prospects of the school and other positive antecedents and obsessively wants the 'best' for his cousin. Well, do I care what he thinks? I will just be obedient enough to earn his sponsorship letter.
P.S: Note that these are just the opinions of my cousin and should not be used as a basis to nail me to the cross.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seun407: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello Guys,
I need info about Brandenburg university of technology, cottbus. I dey plan do my masters dere. Will i be able to find a job dere??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
I will (although reluctantly) address this issue as regards the question you asked. I just hope other readers won't further misinterpret my response.
I commented on my cousin's educational background. He studied and still lives in Duisburg and has a kid with a native from that region. I thought I was armed with enough information but his arsenal of information and intellectual fire power on that region was just undeniably superior to mine.
First note that Duisburg is about 33 miles away from kleve (think Lagos-oshodi to Ijebu Ode) and about 25 miles from kamp-linfort (Lagos Oshodi to Shagamu or more). I believe you know that those are the two campuses of the school. He described Kleve as a small, good but sleepy town with a population of less than 50,000 or thereabout. The only highlight being the university of kleve and an arm of Rhine Waal located there and his description of the other campus in Kamp-Linfort was even less inspiring. So he said, "It beats me to moans how you intend to sustain yourself financially in such a place without external help" Although he consoled me by saying I could cross over to Nijmegen in the Netherland a shipping town with at least 3 times the population of kleve, just 10-12 miles away for a wrap of weed if I get too frustrated and work on the docks to earn my transport fare back (He was brutal) Forgetting that he too worked on the docks in Duisburg (they also have a good inland port) and imported any scrap he could find on the streets. From VW buses to 1993 Duisburg, Shalcke 04 and Dortmund jerseys. Although he finally recommended that I could easily find holiday jobs in nearby Duisburg, Dusseldorf, and Gelsenkirchen (all within 45 miles) if am willing to work even though the area is no longer the leading economic driver of yore.
So that is that for the location (important to me since I was considering the economic side too as an Igbo boy na)
Now for the school, I commented on the age of the school in defence of their poor rankings, he countered by pointing out King Abdullah University of Science and Technology which was created in the same year, 2009 but had made the first 500 list of all 3 universally accepted rankings. (He had answers for everything). If I start elaborating on the details of his comments, it will raise unnecessary arguments. However he said if I intend to use the degree in Nigeria its fine cos no one knows about the school, the name Germany may be my saving grace and sometimes its advantageous to go to an average school because you stand a better chance of graduating within the first 20% of your class which is one of the major things employers in Germany look out for if they don't consider your school.
However, for me I feel he may be a bit prejudiced against the school since he didn't consider the prospects of the school and other positive antecedents and obsessively wants the 'best' for his cousin. Well, do I care what he thinks? I will just be obedient enough to earn his sponsorship letter.
P.S: Note that these are just the opinions of my cousin and should not be used as a basis to nail me to the cross.

You still have not answered my question?
I asked if your cousin personally experienced Biology prof lecturing maths in HRW but you are yet to give me a reasonable answer.
The fact your cousin schooled and stays in germany doesn't mean he knows every about HRW. Until you answer the question, then I will accept ur claims.
I admire your brilliancy about places around both kleve and kamplintfort and your cousin's acumen about life in those places and how people survive.
Please help me ask him about life in Krefeld, Moers, emmmerich as these places are around kleve too.
I have contacted so many Nigerians in the same school and also Camerounians, they spoke well of the school. But to believe what an outsider who had never been to the school says, hell no.
Before I chose the school, I had already made my research and also get to know places around the school. And as ur cousin has pointed out, kleve is a border town near to Holland.
Good luck with him getting you the sponsorship letter and I hope he wasn't saying all these to make you lose interest in studying in Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by edufabulous(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Has anyone received admission notification from FSU Jena?.. My Bosses in Germany, please how is that side of Germany?...tanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Eke40seven, please can you help to guide me on how to post on "TOYTONW GERMNAY", i have registered and logged in on the website but i can't see where to post new topics, Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
sunny200:

Please i sent mail to rk-201@lago.diplo.de requesting for Interview till date i have receive any reply from the embassy. i sent the mail since july 26th. has any body receive date since 26th.

am to study at Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus
I sent mine over two weeks, no response still it depends on your date of enrollment if it's October u wld wait a while
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Eke47 or Eke40,You talk too much...Blah blah blah all na nonsense,Imagine it was even your cousin that was giving you wrong info..Shame on you!!!! .

So you think Germany really care about that your ranking,They care about what you have upstairs..

You better stay and study in that highly ranked Uni-lag! If you carry this kind i too know brain enter Germany,na JOGODO go be your last name.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oladunwo(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Please house, what do u see to this my course in this sch. Environmental Geography: Systems, Processes and Interactions (Master of Science) - University of Marburg (Marburg)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
emerald14: I thoght there is public holiday monday and tuesday, they will reply u when they resume. This is d address rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de
Hi, i sent mine to rk-201@lago.diplo.de, its probably a wrong address cos its over 2 weeks and no response but the embassy mailed to book an appointment there but please when did you send yours
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Godson201333: @Eke47 or Eke40,You talk too much...Blah blah blah all na nonsense,Imagine it was even your cousin that was giving you wrong info..Shame on you!!!! .

So you think Germany really care about that your ranking,They care about what you have upstairs..

You better stay and study in that highly ranked Uni-lag! If you carry this kind i too know brain enter Germany,na JOGODO go be your last name.

Lol......Bros
You just abandon us for here.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.