Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885889 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ola2tu: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Eke40seven:
Age is just a number as far as getting a visa and the sponsorship letter is concerned. perform extraordinarily well in your interview and give them good reasons why you waited this long to continue your education and a good testament of what you have been doing since you graduated from school. Your gateway into Germany will be more than open and the sky your limit.
Hope you find this helpful
Good luck!
thank you Eke40seven, I find the response helpful
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
I picked up my Visa today. Firstly, I thank God who made everything look so easy. I also thank God for the kind hearted and loving family members we v got on this forum. May more testimonies roll in by his grace. See U all in Deutschland. one love
;DI picked up my Visa today. Firstly, I thank God who made everything look so easy. I also thank God for the kind hearted and loving family members we v got on this forum. May more testimonies roll in by his grace. See U all in Deutschland. one love

7 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hi congratulations, please when was your interview
geemana: I picked up my Visa today. Firstly, I thank God who made everything look so easy. I also thank God for the kind hearted and loving family members we v got on this forum. May more testimonies roll in by his grace. See U all in Deutschland. one love
;DI picked up my Visa today. Firstly, I thank God who made everything look so easy. I also thank God for the kind hearted and loving family members we v got on this forum. May more testimonies roll in by his grace. See U all in Deutschland. one love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think the hardest part about the whole process is the waiting period anyway here's a link that would be helpful to every one:
http://studyabroadcounselling..com/2014/03/shopping-dos-and-donts.html

Also, who had his/her interview last week tuesday or last week generally. owfar? any response yet
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
segadebayo: Hi congratulations, please when was your interview
22/08/2014.although I received a mail telling me to come to d embassy with my passport and travel insurance last week friday.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
geemana: 22/08/2014.although I received a mail telling me to come to d embassy with my passport and travel insurance last week friday.
Geemana, na wa ooo!!! Congrats, so happy for u. You go reach München before me na. U used blocked account or sponsorship? TUM people in the house, Seun, na u and me remain oooo! Caongrats!!!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
kelly4top:

Your OND Certificate or statement of result and HND transcript must be sent together. Though one seating is better according to Lucia Mengis but 2 seating are also ok depending on the stiff competition. Please note that my school waive Toefl for Nigerian applicants if you have at least C4 in your English Waec or Neco.
Thank you Oga Kelly. Are you in Ravensburg? that's my first choice for elect. & IT
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
ebele17:
Geemana, na wa ooo!!! Congrats, so happy for u. You go reach München before me na. U used blocked account or sponsorship? TUM people in the house, Seun, na u and me remain oooo! Caongrats!!!!!
@ebele thanks dear. I used Blocked account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Congrats.......As I rejoice with you so shall people rejoice with me also very soon (amen)
geemana: I picked up my Visa today. Firstly, I thank God who made everything look so easy. I also thank God for the kind hearted and loving family members we v got on this forum. May more testimonies roll in by his grace. See U all in Deutschland. one love

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Congrats to those WO got their visa today. No mail from the embassy today. I'm still wait, its now a week after sending a confirmation of act funding. Now my bp don dey increase
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
nevilbot: Congrats to those WO got their visa today. No mail from the embassy today. I'm still wait, its now a week after sending a confirmation of act funding. Now my bp don dey increase
cool down,its well.Let the email from embassy meet U in good and sound health.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mrmiyagghi: 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
damsamty16:
How was your interview brother? Did you fund your account before or after interview?

It was good, it's the same questions you've seen here that the VO will still ask you, why Germany? Why the course, what your plans after studies bla bla bla....... I'm used a sponsorship letter, so didn't fund any account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydaniels: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hi guys, I must say that i have to appreciate the contributions of some kind hearted fellows on this thread for their invaluable contributions. The efforts of some members of this thread to share useful thoughts is the zenith of Patriotism. Getting Help from your fellow brothers and sisters for free is nothing but a luxury in this our great country, Nigeria. To say that I gained a lot from this thread is nothing but an understatement!

Im delighted to inform you guys that I was issued my visa today. I was interviewed on the 19th of August, and after the long wait, I was instructed by a mail i received yesterday to come to the embassy with my passport. I shall be in deutscheland next week By God's grace.

Im gonna book my flight between now and tomorrow.. im going with turkish airline because its the most affordable i could find, tho from what i heard, they delay before the boarding of the connecting flight. Any further suggestions as regards airlines will be highly welcomed.

My advice to those still awaiting their visas is just one word "surulere" 'patience'..... If u havent gone for your interview yet, please get prepared by being acquainted with the likely questions to be asked. These questions have already been treated in recent pages here. As for those who have already been interviewed, u guys need the patience more. the issuance of your visa depends on the city in which your school is located. As long as your interview went well, and your documents are authentic, then you have got nothing to worry about. but i will advice you to mail them and ask for the status of your application if you havent gotten a reply from them after 21 days.

pls feel free to ask questions and make comments.i shall respond as soon as i can. for now, i just have set up my mind on how to face the battle ahead of me,and also to improve on my deutsche.

vielen dank, auf wiederhoren, tschuss!

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
jaydaniels: Hi guys, I must say that i have to appreciate the contributions of some kind hearted fellows on this thread for their invaluable contributions. The efforts of some members of this thread to share useful thoughts is the zenith of Patriotism. Getting Help from your fellow brothers and sisters for free is nothing but a luxury in this our great country, Nigeria. To say that I gained a lot from this thread is nothing but an understatement!

Im delighted to inform you guys that I was issued my visa today. I was interviewed on the 19th of August, and after the long wait, I was instructed by a mail i received yesterday to come to the embassy with my passport. I shall be in deutscheland next week By God's grace.

Im gonna book my flight between now and tomorrow.. im going with turkish airline because its the most affordable i could find, tho from what i heard, they delay before the boarding of the connecting flight. Any further suggestions as regards airlines will be highly welcomed.

My advice to those still awaiting their visas is just one word "surulere" 'patience'..... If u havent gone for your interview yet, please get prepared by being acquainted with the likely questions to be asked. These questions have already been treated in recent pages here. As for those who have already been interviewed, u guys need the patience more. the issuance of your visa depends on the city in which your school is located. As long as your interview went well, and your documents are authentic, then you have got nothing to worry about. but i will advice you to mail them and ask for the status of your application if you havent gotten a reply from them after 21 days.

pls feel free to ask questions and make comments.i shall respond as soon as i can. for now, i just have set up my mind on how to face the battle ahead of me,and also to improve on my deutsche.

@jaydaniels congrats.Picked up
mine today as well.Are u sure Turkish Airlines is the cheapest? have u checked emirates?

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
mrmiyagghi:

It was good, it's the same questions you've seen here that the VO will still ask you, why Germany? Why the course, what your plans after studies bla bla bla....... I'm used a sponsorship letter, so didn't fund any account.
Thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
researchQ:
Thank you Oga Kelly. Are you in Ravensburg? that's my first choice for elect. & IT

That's what am studying in Weingarten.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
geemana and Jaydaniels I tap into your testimonies. The one who made it possible for this to happen will surely do it for each and every other person waiting to get testimonies.
May your respective journeys to Deutschland be smooth and your studies there successful.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydaniels: 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=geemana][/quote]
I haven't checked Emirates. turkish air costs 1280$ from lag to berlin for a flight next week. can I get a better offer from Emirates?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Numerouuuno: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
hi guys,
are M.Sc students allowed to stay in Germany for employment after the two years of the program has elapsed?
if yes, for how long?
also ,what is the equivalent of 2.5 GPA to the naijas 5.0 scale?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
damsamty16:
I didn't mail them because my enrolment deadline is Nov15..so I can stil meet up before then
okay
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
magnus4life:
okay
When is your interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Numerouuuno: hi guys,
are M.Sc students allowed to stay in Germany for employment after the two years of the program has elapsed?
if yes, for how long?
also ,what is the equivalent of 2.5 GPA to the naijas 5.0 scale?

Yes, they're allowed to search for job for 18 months. The GPA 2.5 equivalent on Nigerian 5.0 scale is 3.0.

@Geemana and Jaydaniels, congrats!
@Eke47, well done bro i'm enjoying ur input! Your testimony is nearer than you think.
@Topeajis, good response! keep your head high over there, success in your thesis!
@Everyone, wish us all great success in our career efforts. happy weekend.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
damsamty16:
When is your interview?
oct 27
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
jaydaniels:
I haven't checked Emirates. turkish air costs 1280$ from lag to berlin for a flight next week. can I get a better offer from Emirates?
@jaydaniels emirates is much cheaper.you can get a flight during the week (next week) for 569 dollars. However your journey na 2 days o. first to dubai, then
from Dubai to Frankfurt. I m thinking of flying Emirates.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Numerouuuno: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Adexhat:

Yes, they're allowed to search for job for 18 months. The GPA 2.5 equivalent on Nigerian 5.0 scale is 3.0.

@Geemana and Jaydaniels, congrats!
@Eke47, well done bro i'm enjoying ur input! Your testimony is nearer than you think.
@Topeajis, good response! keep your head high over there, success in your thesis!
@Everyone, wish us all great success in our career efforts. happy weekend.
Thank you adexhat, I'm grateful
also, I read something about blocked account/letter of sponsorship....the latter is stroke out for me, so I'll go with the former.... how much is the least amount to be kept in the account?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:07am On Sep 20, 2014
@Geemana and Jaydaniels, congrats guys.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 5:13am On Sep 20, 2014
@Geemana n @Jaydaniels congratulationsssssssssss..........May goodness n mercies follow thee.....
I triple tap into ur testimonies ooooo
I really love this forum oooooo, even though I have been so busy. I just want to thank all of u n wish u all God's goodness, mercies, favour and love.

@numurouuuno
German grading system conversion is this

GPA= 1+3*(Nmax - Nd) /(Nmax -Nmin)

Nmax is maximum possible grade eg 5
Nmin is lowest passing grade e.g 1
Nd your GPA
This is just for U, in case u want to convert any other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 6:32am On Sep 20, 2014
@naijobi and belly 213 thanks guys. may God's favour continue to locate us all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Belly213: @Geemana n @Jaydaniels congratulationsssssssssss..........May goodness n mercies follow thee.....
I really love this forum oooooo, even though I have been so busy. I just want to thank all of u n wish u all God's goodness, mercies, favour and love.

@numurouuuno

Nd your GPA
please use your method to calculate for someone that has 3.5 in a scale of 5 so it ell be clear
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Numerouuuno: 6:57am On Sep 20, 2014
Belly213: @Geemana n @Jaydaniels congratulationsssssssssss..........May goodness n mercies follow thee.....

@numurouuuno

Nd your GPA
thanks bro,but when I calculated it, I got it wrong.
if my cgpa is 4.1 out of 5.0, and i did a four years course how is the calculation gonna be like?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tomzman: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2014
Eke40seven:

If you you expect to get the information you seek in a summarised response then you will be disappointed.
However, Google, 'DAAD international students' to get a general information on studies in Germany and also choose the courses of your wish and get their requirements and mode of application. The tool on the site is very useful in searching for the schools. The search can be narrowed down to criteria like courses, language requirements, period of study, tuition, etc.
Google, 'German embassy in Nigeria- checklist for students visa' in order to get what you are required of in order to obtain the visa.
Note that the financial requirements for obtaining visa include opening a blocked account with €8000 or getting a sponsor residing in Germany who can obtain a sponsorship letter for you.
Student life in Germany is very good and the future is bright, there are a lot of English taught courses and most of the schools are tuition free.
I think I am beginning to 'bottle-feed' you at this point since you are masters student.
I will advise you to read 30-40 pages back and you will be surprised at the number of times this info you seek and more has been answered, broken down to soft tiny pieces for the softest of teeth to crush.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2014
jaydaniels: Hi guys, I must say that i have to appreciate the contributions of some kind hearted fellows on this thread for their invaluable contributions. The efforts of some members of this thread to share useful thoughts is the zenith of Patriotism. Getting Help from your fellow brothers and sisters for free is nothing but a luxury in this our great country, Nigeria. To say that I gained a lot from this thread is nothing but an understatement!

Congrats bro, the wait is over. I double tap and fall into your well of testimony

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.