Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885239 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
kelly4top:

They will start by August till nov 15th. Yes send original transcript.
Kelly please help me with this questions
I have an HND (higher national diploma) please do I need to attach the HND statement of result issued to me by my former school? Or do I need to attach transcript? If transcript, should it cover both OND and HND or only HND? Is statement of result okay ? Or do I need to attach my HND certificate as well? Finally is it acceptable to combine two secondary school certificates?
Thank you as I await your response.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Honourablesheyi and SOLARPOWER1 thanks for you words of encouragements and Amen to your prayers. I really appreciate.

@ResearchQ I don't really know about the HND thing and this is my opinion not borne out of experience. The OND is a different certificate from an HND, therefore, I feel that an OND certificate only and a HND transcript with the certificate should suffice since its really the HND that counts. As I said earlier, that's my opinion. I hope you get further contributions.
As regards the combined results, do each contain 5 'credit' pass with at least English Language and either maths or a natural science? I.e. For one result, 5 credit including English and Maths/Biology/Physics/Chemistry, etc. That's what is required in all of Baden Württemberg, am sure of that. Get the originals of your certificates because its safer that way.
However, send a PM to Damsamty may be he can be of help.
I hope you get more experienced brains to help you out.
Good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eke40seven: @Honourablesheyi and SOLARPOWER1 thanks for you words of encouragements and Amen to your prayers. I really appreciate.

@ResearchQ I don't really know about the HND thing and this is my opinion not borne out of experience. The OND is a different certificate from an HND, therefore, I feel that an OND certificate only and a HND transcript with the certificate should suffice since its really the HND that counts. As I said earlier, that's my opinion. I hope you get further contributions.
As regards the combined results, do each contain 5 'credit' pass with at least English Language and either maths or a natural science? I.e. For one result, 5 credit including English and Maths/Biology/Physics/Chemistry, etc. That's what is required in all of Baden Württemberg, am sure of that. Get the originals of your certificates because its safer that way.
However, send a PM to Damsamty may be he can be of help.
I hope you get more experienced brains to help you out.
Good luck.

In addition to this, have you been able to get hold of any school? have you check DAAD.DE? What course of study are you pursuing? Your HND transcripts is the right document you need. Since you can't get HND without OND. But you will first have to go through the school website to know if they require TOEFL or IELTS or not. Send mail to them, tell them what you have on ground. As per your transcripts, don't you have any relative as a lecturer in any of the Nigeria Institutions ? @Eke, you are welcome
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
The famous and legendary Topeajis you are welcome. We appreciate your time here and the good will of everyone here will surely guide you. ganasy I see you. Same commendations and prayers applies to you.
However, as a way of sharing your experience, I will like to pose this questions to you. We would appreciate it if you answered it in your own way as we have had some guest ogas too who had given their accounts too.
Let me seize this opportunity to conduct this
interview on this forum
1. Please, introduce yourself, name (optional),
course, level, school, city, your school in
Nigeria (optional)
2. How does German educational system differ
from the system you were used to?
3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are
you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/
tackle them?
3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective
Nigerian student coming over to study?
(summarised)
4. Do your school have a sizeable number of
international students and what is the state of
interaction like with them?
5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the
society and how were you able to overcome it if
you had?
6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working
Nigerian student with a particular result can
maintain his/her academic performance in
Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be
appreciated, I know time is not the only or the
best measure of hard work but For instance,
A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria,
GPA=4
". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?
7. Like in any society, there are distractions or
factors that reduces performance, what are the
major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?
8. Most of the male or even females at one time or
the other would have fantasized having a German
Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the
shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can
ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?
9. List 5 most important items an intending new
comer should bring along to Germany.
10. Am going to post something after this about
some common stereotypes about Germany that I
posted in another thread.
P.s. I understand that these questions may be too
much to answer at a go, you can answer them bit
by bit at your convenience if its gonna take its toll
on you. Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
honourableseyi:

In addition to this, have you been able to get hold of any school? have you check DAAD.DE? What course of study are you pursuing? Your HND transcripts is the right document you need. Since you can't get HND without OND. But you will first have to go through the school website to know if they require TOEFL or IELTS or not. Send mail to them, tell them what you have on ground. As per your transcripts, don't have any relative as a lecturer in any of the Nigeria Institutions ? @Eke, you are welcome
oh! Oga Seyi I have gone through DAAD since. I picked my desired schools. it's BSc in engineering. I have emailed them
They insist on Toefl I am on the process of getting my documents ready. I just need someone who applied with HND for Bsc to tell me what he used. Please house anyone?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
researchQ:
I have an HND (higher national diploma) please do I need to attach the HND statement of result issued to me by my former school? Or do I need to attach transcript? If transcript, should it cover both OND and HND or only HND? Is statement of result okay ? Or do I need to attach my HND certificate as well? Finally is it acceptable to combine two secondary school certificates?

Your OND Certificate or statement of result and HND transcript must be sent together. Though one seating is better according to Lucia Mengis but 2 seating are also ok depending on the stiff competition. Please note that my school waive Toefl for Nigerian applicants if you have at least C4 in your English Waec or Neco.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
nnannaidoko: pls i am a graduate of microbiology. I am applying for the m.sc in molecular biotechnology at bradenburg, and i was told that im must have 210ects. Pls what does it mean . Thanks

According to Niger grading scale a semester is 30 credit so as we did a 4yrs bsc don't be scared u have ur 240 credits
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eke40seven: The famous and legendary Topeajis you are welcome. We appreciate your time here and the good will of everyone here will surely guide you. ganasy I see you. Same commendations and prayers applies to you.
However, as a way of sharing your experience, I will like to pose this questions to you. We would appreciate it if you answered it on your own way as we have had some guest ogas too who had given their accounts too.
interview on this forum
Nigeria (optional)
tackle them?
(summarised)
you had?
GPA=4
Nigerian JJC?

Good question but right now am in the train will need a laptop to answer dis questions u get? give me few hrs thanks boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am not asking a question or an advise: I just need everyone concern to share their own personal experience.

Hello for those who have traveled to Germany and those that are in Germany already.
When did you get to Germany? - Morning, afternoon, night, midnight.
Did you get your proposed accommodation immediately ??

When did your plane leave in Nigeria - night ??

Expecting your replies.
Thanks..............
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
kelly4top:

Your OND Certificate or statement of result and HND transcript must be sent together. Though one seating is better according to Lucia Mengis but 2 seating are also ok depending on the stiff competition. Please note that my school waive Toefl for Nigerian applicants if you have at least C4 in your English Waec or Neco.
Okay. Thank you. That means I don't need to apply for the HND certificate again?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am not asking a question or an advise: I just need everyone concern to share their own personal experience.

Hello for those who have traveled to Germany and those that are in Germany already.

Expecting your replies.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
oluwaniyin: I am not asking a question or an advise: I just need everyone concern to share their own personal experience.

Expecting your replies.
Thanks.

Na wa o Bros, I thought a response was given to you earlier. These questions are relative and there is no one answer to it. Let me quote my earlier comments.
"Hello sir,
while you await more replies, here is what I think
you should do, check the flight schedule, departure
times and number of hours the journey is going to
take. These things differ with airlines because of so
many factors like the number of stops, connecting
flights and the number of hours to connect the
flight among other things. So what is applicable to
flight A may most of the time not apply to Flight B
For accommodation, it differs too as it depends on
your arrangement for accommodation from here
and even the landlord. In the absence of that, you
can always arrange for a temporary alternative.
As regards catching up with lectures, different
things are obtainable in different schools. Some
school foresee these delays (mine for example)
and prepare for it while some may not. However,
the best thing to do is to contact your mates who
are there already to fill you in on events unfolding
or get in touch with your coordinators depending
on which approach is more readily available or
accessible.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck."

P.S. I read your post hastily thinking it was same with yesterday's and didn't see where you initially implied that you were waiting for replies for this kind of aahh! comments. I wish you good luck with that.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eke40seven: The famous and legendary Topeajis you are welcome. We appreciate your time here and the good will of everyone here will surely guide you. ganasy I see you. Same commendations and prayers applies to you.
However, as a way of sharing your experience, I will like to pose this questions to you. We would appreciate it if you answered it in your own way as we have had some guest ogas too who had given their accounts too.
interview on this forum
Nigeria (optional)
tackle them?
(summarised)
you had?
GPA=4
Nigerian JJC?

To ur question am sorry I can't answer all ..
1. My name is Temitope I studied economics in Nigeria grad 2011 and finished ma service 2012 oct left niger April 2013 to study international business here in berlin HTW writing na thesis next semester (next month).
2. German education is much difficult everyone will face that challenge when I first enter I was like Tope u where amoung ur class efico in niger why u come they look like dis everything look new to me. Am must confess niger education is poor..
3. Advice do the course I knw u can perform well I thank god for that cos ma international business was a right choice for me my friends doin Msc economics are complaining bitterly.. So develop ur research knowledge in niger we nt good in that most of us did our copy and paste project in bachelors
4. It depend on the country they from most of ma class mates are german and u knw them na. Germans are never friendly they keep hard face every where they can't control that tho ... Sone schools have a lot of blacks like university of cottbus blacks in ma school are very few most schools in berlin don't admit much blacks I doth knw why tho ...

5 I found it very hard integrating before unko I speak little german when I first got here and I don't have any friends so it was kinda lonely but now Kia I don turn balogun for berlin oooo...
6. We much diff can't answer that but education is nt easy that all I knw it way different from niger own oo Allah
7 no fun to distract you man only if u ladies type that can distract u cos for me I don't do white girl so I don't get distracted the only common thing that distract African student is how to make money while studing it happened to me also but god has that in control....
8 mentality matters some do that but I don't am nt planning to spend the rest of ma life here in this boring country.... But some people like the country as we different na
9. Bring ur food as in ur garri and dry meat dry fish etc ladies get ur cream and hair product from niger that the basic things I think

Note... Taking from ma personal experience am nt writing to discourage anyone here Germany us a good country..... Have a lovely Night Don't mind my typo it late already am sleepy just have to answer dis before I sleep

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
oluwaniyin: I am not asking a question or an advise: I just need everyone concern to share their own personal experience.

Expecting your replies.
Thanks.

It better to arrive in Germany in the morning as a first timer so u can get where to settle before night for me I got here in the morning and got the hotel before 4pm so it depends u can also book cheap hotels from niger and pay they can't scam u
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
topeajis:

Good question but right now am in the train will need a laptop to answer dis questions u get? give me few hrs thanks boss
oh! that's wonderful, you are really what people said and more..
This is the continuation of no 10.
Here are comments culled from an earlier comment of mine in another thread on some German Stereotypes. just simply accept or refute those stereotypes based on your experience.

Eke40seven: I can help but laugh at some of your
facts, good job
1. Let me start by using my favourite pun
"..German sausages are the wurst" I dont mean
their sausages are bad or worst but they are just
the wurst, do you get what I mean? or what am I
saying? am confused OK, simply
Wurst=Sausages. you dig?
2. Germans are not only thrifty with their cash but
also their words, so they don't waste it. Small
talks like "how are you?", "how is everything?",
"oh, you are quite stunning" will earn you a
strange, 'why-is-this-guy-asking-this-sort-of-
question' expression. Don't complement or greet
like that, its not in their custom. use your energy
for other things.
3. They can be the most organised society but
weirdly, they can't queue to save their life. (think
Lagos) They share this trait in common with the
pre-BRT Lagos. so next time you are there waiting
for a bus or in the supermarket with civilized
intents on your mind, it will do you great to strike
the concept of a queue off your mind and use your
African strength to shove your way to the front, if
you don't want to sleep there.
I will be back with more.

Do you know that English and German were from
the same root? yes, you read it right, English is a
Germanic language, that is why a good number of
Germans in the big cities, especially in the south
will shame an average English speaker with his
clear and crisp English (where is Heidi Klum?) Yes,
that model will shame all our Nollywood stars with
the way she speaks and yes, she is German.
Hold on though, Bros! before you go with your
toothy grin blabbing away your English in
Germany, don't go to the small villages and towns
or the east thinking they understand you, because
you will only earn yourself a queer look and
disgrace yourself in the process and if you
continue disturbing, be sure you are going to get
the nearest policeman interrogating you for
assault. Yes!! I said it, back away! Polizie, will be
called. If the average German don't remember
anything at all, be sure they know the numbers of
the polizei. And you can be sure they will respond
with a German efficiency.

Talking about recycling, Germans don't joke with
that, especially when it comes to their beer bottles.
Recycling is a moral obligation you owe to your
country.
The beer thing is no joke people, these guys are
the reason for the name CONSUMERS, they are
created and groomed to drink beer, It is a lifelong
lesson that begins at a tender age and you
embrace it as your lot in life and preparation is
key! Compete with them in a drinking contest at
your peril! They have a comparative advantage
over you and are more equipped both physically
and skill wise. Here is a proof.
Proof 1: They have what they call Leber® . yes, an
inbuilt leber®. if there is anything as efficient and
dependable as their machines and cars, its this
specially made liver of theirs built to specification
to last over 70 long years of beer drinking habit.
proof 2:Any young German is an expert at opening
the crown covers of a good beer bottle with
anything in sight, I mean anything. from belts,
tables, spoon, fork, knife, door handle, fans, teeth,
cups, nuts, spanners, walls, floors and apples (that
is rumoured though). I think its just a survival
instinct, it will be terrible for a German to perceive
having a thirst for a good beer in the toilet and not
being able to have one there immediately because
of the unavailability of a crown opener. Common!
that's a poor German's worse nightmare! So who
needs a fanciful crown opener, close the factory,
they've evolved to do it themselves. Necessity now
becomes the murder or mother of Invention.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Since last Friday I av sent embassy my confirmation of payment and its over a month of my interview. I av not gotten response from dem, I'm streesd up, tensed and running scared.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2014
nevilbot: Since last Friday I av sent embassy my confirmation of payment and its over a month of my interview. I av not gotten response from dem, I'm streesd up, tensed and running scared.

Relax bro, diffrent states with varying policies.. What applies to state 'A' may not apply in state 'B'.

Besides, if they had wanted to deny u, u would have been long informed

My 2kobo!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello everyone.... I am posting on this forum for the first time but I have been an addict of this thread for weeks now. I will like to commend everyone that have taken time to write something beneficial to others on this forum(GOD bless you all and will surely bless your efforts wherever you are).I am writing in respect of the HND qualification.....I applied with my HND to study a B.SC in BTU Cottbus. Uni-assist will surely disqualify your application if your transcript did not reach them when they are evaluating your application. The transcript must contain all your academic years(OND & HND). I also think your certificate is required based on your year of graduation as a notification is valid for period before the issuance of the certificate (get ur HND and OND certificate if you can). I avoided the need to send so many transcripts in my own situation by corresponding with individual school and from their response I knew the ones that I can rely on for a sure admission(you can reduce the number of schools to maybe 2-3 schools ***just my own opinion ooo***).I sent my transcript myself so you can try that but its surely won't be given to you free. I hope you can pick something useful from my post.
Danke.

researchQ:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Please do they still give written test at interviews? Please people that just recently had their interviews should comment on this. Both Bachelor and Masters level applicants as some said they were not tested even they are going for Bachelor.
Danke.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2014
mokaz: Please do they still give written test at interviews? Please people that just recently had their interviews should comment on this. Both Bachelor and Masters level applicants as some said they were not tested even they are going for Bachelor.
Danke.
Brother, in the absence of any answer, I think the embassy usually give written test if they doubt your ability or are not satisfied with your performance during the oral test. So I will encourage you to prepare very very well for the interview and make sure you are well rounded in all the issues and questions that may arise in the course of the interview so you won't have to be subjected to written test. Although from the accounts we have gotten here and observations, I think they are more likely to give a written test to prospective BSc students than MSc.
My 2 cowries.
Hope you find this helpful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by mrmiyagghi: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2014
I had my interview last Friday and I wasn't given any written test. Going for Bsc anyway! When is your interview? Anyone going to Soest?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2014
I am planning to stay in Hamburg. after paying for insurance and rent. I am left with less than 220 euros. Will that be enough for me to survive for a whole month? I am a bit worried o. To get the 1.8M sef na wahala.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2014
mrmiyagghi: I had my interview last Friday and I wasn't given any written test. Going for Bsc anyway! When is your interview? Anyone going to Soest?
How was your interview brother? Did you fund your account before or after interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ola2tu: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2014
@topeajis, eke40seven and others , Please, is there an age limit to using a sponsor in Germany, I mean in lieu of the blocked account ; to make it more clearer, can a 30yrs and above student claim he/she is using a sponsor in Germany , secondly are there precedence of this kind of situation on this thread, have search but couldn't see any . And lastly even if its possible , do you think it won't raise a red flag during the interview at the embassy?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2014
ohimai83: I am planning to stay in Hamburg. after paying for insurance and rent. I am left with less than 220 euros. Will that be enough for me to survive for a whole month? I am a bit worried o. To get the 1.8M sef na wahala.

Ohimai83 are you a male or a female?
However, I spoke to my cousins who studied and lived in Germany on the cost of living in Germany. From their analysis, the one in Duisburg said that his post-rent expenses was never more than 80-100 when he is in a flexing mood and most of the time would even survive on less than 60 euros. (I think he is a bit frugal with his spending though). Why another bubbly coz of mine said he spends like 100-110 on food and a lil bit of flexing and can spend more. So it depends. Some cities are more expensive than others.
Hamburg is one of the largest cities in Germany so you should expect to spend a bit more than someone that stays in a small pub town.
However, with proper planning, you should have enough change at month's end with €250 for feeding alone.
Other ogas in Germany can help throw more light on this.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2014
ola2tu: @topeajis, eke40seven and others , Please, is there an age limit to using a sponsor in Germany, I mean in lieu of the blocked account ; to make it more clearer, can a 30yrs and above student claim he/she is using a sponsor in Germany , secondly are there precedence of this kind of situation on this thread, have search but couldn't see any . And lastly even if its possible , do you think it won't raise a red flag during the interview at the embassy?
Age is just a number as far as getting a visa and the sponsorship letter is concerned. perform extraordinarily well in your interview and give them good reasons why you waited this long to continue your education and a good testament of what you have been doing since you graduated from school. Your gateway into Germany will be more than open and the sky your limit.
Hope you find this helpful
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
researchQ:
I think you can apply without your waec, just OND and HND
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
@ damsanty16 and anyone going to HRW.please, what was the response the school gave after you mail them about extending your resumption date.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
magnus4life: @ damsanty16 and anyone going to HRW.please, what was the response the school gave after you mail them about extending your resumption date.
I didn't mail them because my enrolment deadline is Nov15..so I can stil meet up before then
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mokaz: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Eke47 shocked & @mrmiyagghi thanks for your comments..... I am having mine on 23rd.....I only pray for DEVINE FAVOR at the embassy that day o....And I will keep refreshing myself about the necessary things......Danke
mrmiyagghi: I had my interview last Friday and I wasn't given any written test. Going for Bsc anyway! When is your interview? Anyone going to Soest?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Quadri001: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
People going to TUM, were you sent an admission letter through courier or its just that one in your TUMonline account? Please for people going to TUM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Quadri001: People going to TUM, were you sent an admission letter through courier or its just that one in your TUMonline account? Please for people going to TUM
so TUM students plenty like this? I even met one at the Consulate today, Quadri, I was sent my admission letter by Courier although a scanned copy was also sent to my email. You can tell your contact in the department you would like to have d original sent to U,but time don go o. When are u planning to travel? have u been interviewed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.