Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (21969 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 8:55pm On May 31, 2011
@pleep

No obsession at all only to disabuse some self delusion about Fula babes in Naija grin grin.  It's a light hearted commentary wink.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2011
tpia@:

@ cheikh

your post wasnt directed at me, but the person in question specifically claimed the girl was pure fulani from katsina who was also a big shot's daughter.

abi na yaradua pikin im wan claim?

in his dreams perhaps.

he should first explain how he even got close enough to see her, abi was he the gateman at her house.

he didnt even say fulani from kwara, adamawa or lagos, he said katsina.

I think it was inferred that they met in university. smiley
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 9:03pm On May 31, 2011
^^oh, ok.

didnt notice that.

even then, pretty far fetched imo.

something's off.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 9:30pm On May 31, 2011
namfav:

how did it become that there are many many southerners in europe, america etc.? was it after the civil war,

You are seriously not asking this question right?

If you are older than 7 and have lived in Nigeria in the last 25 years or have families with no access to awuuf federal Oyel money, Federal contracts and Awuuf Civil service estacode money, then you will know the answer to that question.

Really? you really don't know why our people migrated enmasse in the last 3 decades?

Are you related to Sultan of Brunei? shocked

most northerners in the west being of a western education? the fact is many many northerners who are well off do have another education apart from a western one (most of the time and sometimes you find others who have gone to universities such as khartoum, al azhar etc.), northerners do not need a western education for guarenteed success

Sagamite already answered most of these.

Let me just stress that, as a Southerner with no powerful or rich parents, It will probably be very hard for me to get a job in Nigeria or in the West with Unilag and UI degrees talk less of a degree from Al Azhar or Al Medinah, especially in the 80s and early 1990's when middle class Southerners started migrating enmasse out of Nigeria because of limited opportunities and unemployment during military rule.

Now, if my surname name was El-Rufai, Abubakar or I was related to Sultan Maccido or even Ooni of Ife, then maybe a diploma in Sweeping and Cleaning would get me a Deputy Director Job straight out of school.

Things may be changing now, with more bank and private industry jobs and increasing opportunities in Nigeria, but it was that bad.

cheikh:

namfav
@namfav

Do you sincerely believe that ^^?  wink wink grin.  Is Nigeria the only place you have Fulani and Peuls(Mali) etc in West-Africa? I hope you realised that the majority fulani are in Guinea Conakry,

I don't understand the Fulani craze myself.

Nigeria is probaly the Only country on Earth where fulas are viewed as some special breed. Fulanis are all over Guinea, Gambia, Sengal, Mali, even Ghana. with litle to no special status, they are not a favoured group in any way, sometimes they face systemic discrimination in Ghana and maybe Guinea undecided

I guess they really have to thank Uthman Dan Fodio, The British and Nigerian's inglorious Military rulers for the power and influence they wielded in Nigeria. I envy that really.

It must be the reason why some people think their predicament is so different from that of folks in the South, while in reality there are millions of struggling, hustling Fulanis all over undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2011
*sighs* @ d responses to my post so far, but then who am I? Just a lowly southern 'hustler'. People on here probably think Fulani babes sh*t gold. Well, ignorance is bliss as they say. I'm not surprised namfav and co wouldn't believe me,it wasn't easy dealin with the curious looks from jealous malo boiz back then lol. As few and far in between as they may be, there are Southerners who have married Fulani folks. Its an anonymous forum so you can believe or choose not to if u want, whatever suits your delusions,
I think Southerners need to learn more about their country, There's a joke that some southerners know more about the UK than they know of the north. Otherwise, folks like namfav won't be yanning as if some of these 'glorious' fulani folks can't be found selling credit and siga on the streets of Abuja and Lagos sef. Babe was probably havin fun with moi knowin fully well it would come to nothing as some alhaji was probably waitin for her pretty a** to be done with skul. Can't an innocent Fulani babe have some good ol' fashioned fun anymore?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Katsumoto: 9:43pm On May 31, 2011
tpia@:

@ cheikh

your post wasnt directed at me, but the person in question specifically claimed the girl was pure fulani from katsina who was also a big shot's daughter.

abi na yaradua pikin im wan claim?

in his dreams perhaps.

he should first explain how he even got close enough to see her, abi was he the gateman at her house.

he didnt even say fulani from kwara, adamawa or lagos, he said katsina.

There is no basis for your conjecture; many Lagos boys were getting with Hausa/Fulani girls on the Island and in Ikeja GRA. It really was no big deal. As long as a guy is prepared to take risks (and most young guys are), no wahala.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 10:11pm On May 31, 2011
namfav:

you cannot compare what happens within africa to what happens outside of africa in this regard, different things, leaving home to another african country is less of a risk than going outside, it's just common sense, it takes more to go outside than to stay inside

Are you serious?

You think getting on a plane and going to a civilised country where you have good security and your rights are respected is more risky than going (on the top of cargo of an over-packed cargo truck, fck seat belts) to some godforsaken part of Africa where the police can shoot you or armed robbers can blow your brains out on the road or as a Mai gaurd?  grin

What is common sense about that?

namfav:

dude stop the western education thing, it can take you to a certain distance but not all the way, one cannot settle for a western education, it does not make prospects of a good future better, the richest man in africa does not have that education, it is safer to have 2 types of education in this world anyway, western education is not everything, i just realised it becomes a waste of money if you can't compliment it, western education is a mixture of many things, yes including islamic sciences (algebra, chemistry, biology etc. are all from the islamic golden age)

What the hell are you chatting about?

You are coming again with your conclusion by exception. Stop thinking like that.

So because a Mexican is the richest man in the world, Mexico is a better place than US to make money.

One rich man is your conclusion that the alternative education is successful?

Majority of the people that went through the alternative education system in Northern Nigeria are desolately poor. They are the poorest in Nigeria. So one exception does not justify the system.

Is the second, third, fourth . . . . . . . . .twentieth richest Nigerian/African alternatively educated?

Majority of the other richest people in Nigeria and Africa are of Western education. At least those with reasonable platform of proving their wealth.

The richest and most developed region in Nigeria, SW, is full of people with Western education. The North are the poorest because they are not westernly educated.

Go and check the largest indigenous and local arms of foreign conglomerate and see whether it is not the western educated southerners that run virtually all of them.

Go and research the top Nigerian banks, Engineering firms, law firms etc and see whether it is not the western educated that own and run them. See whether they complimented it.

Lesson: Never use exceptions to be your basis of argument.

Greece winning Euro2004 does not make them a footballing giant!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:13pm On May 31, 2011
This Namfav sef.

I say again:

They are there in OUR mighty Southwest (their country oo) digging well and making Kainkain (local sponge) while sleeping rough in Mosalasi Jimoh.

Which is better nau?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:18pm On May 31, 2011
2 Million are beggers out of 9 Million pop in Kano. shocked

E come dey pose for hia
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 10:33pm On May 31, 2011
namfav
i did not say all, most southerners are family orientied its in african culture, but some of them put the hustle first,m[b] sometimes you find a man going to the west leaving his family behind that will almost never happen with a northerner aybe there are rare cases but not that i heard off, the average northerner simply does not put money ahead of family[/b]

@namfav

Haba! Do you sincerely believe the above?^^ Why do the very rich export their "wives" abroad and the ordinary hustling northerner leave their spouses behind in the north and only visit 'home' occasionally? Did Mutallab's alienation come about because he was leaving in a very close knit family where mummy and daddy were at hand to listen to sounds of little feet and child bedside stories? I sincerely believe that you are extremely sheltered from reality hence some of your comments appear very naive and uninformed about your immediate environment let alone the rest of Nigeria south of Zaria. Do you think that the Northern men who leave their spouses behind while they 'hustle' in the South are any different from Southern emigrants abroad? They are all at a loss and incomplete too. Perhaps, you think that living faraway from home even within the same country is not like living "abroad" or the "unfamiliar"? Well, think again, especially in the Nigerian special circumstance with the stark physical difference between the North and South.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 10:53pm On May 31, 2011
revomind:

*sighs* @ d responses to my post so far, but then who am I? Just a lowly southern 'hustler'. People on here probably think Fulani babes excreta gold. Well, ignorance is bliss as they say. I'm not surprised namfav and co wouldn't believe me,it wasn't easy dealin with the curious looks from jealous malo boiz back then lol. As few and far in between as they may be, there are Southerners who have married Fulani folks. Its an anonymous forum so you can believe or choose not to if u want, whatever suits your delusions,
I think Southerners need to learn more about their country, There's a joke that some southerners know more about the UK than they know of the north. Otherwise, folks like namfav won't be yanning as if some of these 'glorious' fulani folks can't be found selling credit and siga on the streets of Abuja and Lagos sef. Babe was probably havin fun with moi knowin fully well it would come to nothing as some alhaji was probably waitin for her pretty a** to be done with skul. Can't an innocent Fulani babe have some good ol' fashioned fun anymore?

people from the north generally tend to stick with their own social strata, so all the opata you're yarning, makes little sense.

like i said, maybe the lady took you for a ride and wasnt exactly what you thought she was, or else she wasnt too connected to her family background.

of course, you could also continue patting yourself on the back as the great fulani girl lothario.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:24pm On May 31, 2011
cheikh:

I sincerely believe that you are extremely sheltered from reality hence some of your comments appear very naive and uninformed about your immediate environment let alone the rest of Nigeria south of Zaria.

Some of the things I can sum up about namfav from his numerous post:

- He is young.

- He is obviously born into some kind of highly expensive spoon (silver, gold or diamond), definitely not wooden.

- He is reasonably good hearted.

- He is heavily sheltered and really thinks there are a lot of Northerners that have as privileged a background as he has, since he does not really mix much with the average Northerner (who is obviously not privileged).

- He is, wants so be and raised to be intensively proud about his religion and ethnicity. This clouds his judgement a lot and affects his objectivity and ability to accept any affiliated weakness/negativity with either of the two (religion and ethnicity) and its people.

- He is obviously privileged and has never seen suffering, hence can't put himself in the shoes of those that have. He knows some things/living standards are bad, but he is not emotionally capable to judge the magnitude of how bad.

- He really wishes people understand and likes his religion and ethnic group a bit more.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 11:31pm On May 31, 2011
namfav is educated, that's why most of you assume he's from a very rich family. Because he's an educated northerner.

yes, he's young and also very committed to his religion.

on seeing suffering- you cant live in the north and not be aware of suffering, imo. Saraah, alms, etc are specifically geared towards this.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 4:08am On Jun 01, 2011
@ tpia.

A lil too cynical aren't we? Keep tellin urself all that bull u typed up there- 'they keep to their social strata', bla bla bla. Maybe they build separate classrooms for them in their universities, you should know after all you seem to know everything. Not beating my chest about some lil affair from some years back, it sounds like that to you cuz you have chosen an 'Uncle Ruckus No Relations' approach to seeing some bunch of normal a** people. Its your cup of tea. Just don't have a heat attack when a male relation of yours brings one home to marry. Pele.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 4:35am On Jun 01, 2011
^^no need to take stuff personal.

i dont know who you were banging up there but next time do your homework properly before boasting.

unlike you, i dont do sex tourism, so pardon my normal approach to life- i know i'm a minority.

and yes, something is definitely up with the girl. Either she wasnt what she claimed to be, or there were family problems somewhere.

if you dont know northerners are socially stratified especially when it comes to serious relationships, then good luck to you as you date your way through the place. Na so you go marry northern togolese thinking you don marry sultan's daughter.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 5:01am On Jun 01, 2011
Not taking it personal ma'am.
Didn't claim I had a serious relationship with the person. In fact I was careful enough to state that it was some "good ol' fashioned fun" or did you miss that?
Be specific when you say 'northerners',I believe your time here should have educated you enough on that. If a Yoruba weds a Nupe, its a hardly a biggie.
I didn't do any 'sex tourism' as you p
ut it, it was a light-hearted though factual response to auwal's claim that only malo babes from Kaduna or Jos are liberal enough to date a southerner as if those ones are second-class fulani people. If I wanted to embark on sex tourism, the north would hardly be my destination in a country where we have Efik/Ibibio and eastern beauties without prejudice to my beautiful Yoruba sistas. Would probably never have experienced such if I didn't school up north, abi you missed that one too from my previous posts

Can't believe this back and forth thingy over the fact that someone tries to debunk the fallacy that Fulani babes from the core North West don't get banged by bruvas. No matter how scarcely it happens, fact is that it does. If after spending 5-6 years in a place I still can distinguish people or I cud still be taken for a ride as to identity, then I must really be dumb.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 5:16am On Jun 01, 2011
^spending 5 or 6 years somewhere doesnt necessarily mean you know the place.

you're the one jumping up and down over an alleged big shot pure fulani you said you dated.

if, in your time in the north, you failed to understand the culture as regards relationships, then obviously you cant really claim familiarity there.

many of you miss it in this manner because you equate sexual escapades with knowledge.

anyway, i think this issue has been flogged enough?

if you prefer to believe a pure fulani girl from katsina and a big shot's daughter, fell for your denzel charms [southern bruvas as you call it], then good for you.

una ego no dey get limit.

some of you really do believe you're the next best thing since fried bread.

keep on keeping on. wink

however, i maintain there's a long story involved in the matter, but you do you and i'll do me.

try dating adenuga's daughter as well- your mojo fit jam you luck that way.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 5:36am On Jun 01, 2011
Suit your self then.
My dating spree has thankfully ended.
Cheers.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2011
cheikh:

namfav
@namfav

Do you sincerely believe that ^^?  wink wink grin.  Is Nigeria the only place you have Fulani and Peuls(Mali) etc in West-Africa? I hope you realised that the majority fulani are in Guinea Conakry.  it's no big deal let alone self delusional wink. Take a trip to Niamey(Niger) or north Cameroons too, maybe you'll come away with a different viewpoint. If you desire wholesome Fula woman, you'll be better off going to places you'll have more choice. Their number in Nigeria is relatively insignificant and not exactly as attractive as people you are most likely to encounter in other West African countries. Trust me on that grin.

in most fulani clans its a hurdle to get into relationships, in fact in some clans OUTSIDE of nigeria you have to go through initiations just to be considered man enough to be in a relationship and this is just a begining of a hurdle, i find it funny that alot of guys here say the had relationships with fulani girls like its the easiest thing to do, now i am speaking from my own fulani perspective because while some culture differs from country to country and clan to clan relationship ethics are basically with the same issues,an example is that when umar farouk told his father he wanted to get into a relationship, his father laughed at that prospect obviously because some steps have to be followed, now i just wanted to tell you even for a fulani and sometimes i heard hausa it gets difficult for this boyfriend/girlfriend thing unless family talks on it, so what is revomind talking about how must his claims be believed? its nonsense as far as i am concerned
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:10am On Jun 01, 2011
13 pages? undecided
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2011
Its impossible to prove since we are on nairaland. Revomind's claims must not be believed. Believe whatever you want to believe. I know Southern Kaduna guys, yes, the ones y'all love to deride as 'chongai' who were banging fulani babes on a steady note back then. In fact, one of em that I know was banging the emir of zazzau's niece on an assured level. I guess that wouldn't count since she falls into the Kaduna bracket and it can't be possibly be proven here. Maybe we used charms. Who knows?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2011
Now I'm confused, namfav is talking about clans when I'm referring to university campus escapades. How long did you spend in Nigeria?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2011
You guys are rediculous!  grin Is it so hard to belive that Revomind banged a fulani girl?  They are only human, and every human has temptations, especially sheltered girls in colledge. Who knows, this bruva could look like Denzel Washington.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
revomind:

Its impossible to prove since we are on nairaland. Revomind's claims must not be believed. Believe whatever you want to believe. I know Southern Kaduna guys, yes, the ones y'all love to deride as 'chongai' who were banging fulani babes on a steady note back then. In fact, one of em that I know was banging the emir of zazzau's niece on an assured level. I guess that wouldn't count since she falls into the Kaduna bracket and it can't be possibly be proven here. Maybe we used charms. Who knows?

haha, you might want to delete that!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
Kilode?!:

You are seriously not asking this question right?

If you are older than 7 and have lived in Nigeria in the last 25 years or have families with no access to awuuf federal Oyel money, Federal contracts and Awuuf Civil service estacode money, then you will know the answer to that question.

Really? you really don't know why our people migrated enmasse in the last 3 decades?

Are you related to Sultan of Brunei? shocked

Sagamite already answered most of these.

Let me just stress that, as a Southerner with no powerful or rich parents, It will probably be very hard for me to get a job in Nigeria or in the West with Unilag and UI degrees talk less of a degree from Al Azhar or Al Medinah, especially in the 80s and early 1990's when middle class Southerners started migrating enmasse out of Nigeria because of limited opportunities and unemployment during military rule.

Now, if my surname name was El-Rufai, Abubakar or I was related to Sultan Maccido or even Ooni of Ife, then maybe a diploma in Sweeping and Cleaning would get me a Deputy Director Job straight out of school.

Things may be changing now, with more bank and private industry jobs and increasing opportunities in Nigeria, but it was that bad.

let me know why, there are many perceptions that i have can you clear that up?

do you think it is easy to be a business person, do you think to make money in todays nigeria you have to have "connections"? how many successful business people started out after gaining a degree?, for example even when you are a politician you don't strike a ticket, somehow you need qualities to get noticed, there are many people who have those degrees that you think will take you nowhere who have done well for themselves, hahaha university does not drill common sense in you, it's only the big corporations like in the oil business, glo etc. who have i see a love for people with western degrees, but nothing stops anyone from being successful with a degree from khartoum or unilag as long as you have qualities of course
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
namfav:

do you think it is easy to be a business person, do you think to make money in todays nigeria you have to have "connections"? how many successful business people started out after gaining a degree?, for example even when you are a politician you don't strike a ticket, somehow you need qualities to get noticed, there are many people who have those degrees that you think will take you nowhere who have done well for themselves, hahaha university does not drill common sense in you, it's only the big corporations like in the oil business, glo etc. who have i see a love for people with western degrees, but nothing stops anyone from being successful with a degree from khartoum or unilag as long as you have qualities of course

You are not wrong, neither are you right.

My bro, If you've ever lived in Nigeria, attended school in Nigeria or struggled on the streets of Lagos or Kano with no access to Political or Government corruption Money or Influence, you will understand every word I typed up there.

If you have specific questions to help you out, ask and I will answer if I can.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Are you serious?

You think getting on a plane and going to a civilised country where you have good security and your rights are respected is more risky than going (on the back of a cargo truck, fck seat belts) to some godforsaken part of Africa where the police can shoot you or armed robbers can blow your brains out on the road or as a Mai gaurd?  grin

What is common sense about that?

What the hell are you chatting about?

You are coming again with your conclusion by exception. Stop thinking like that.

So because a Mexican is the richest man in the world, Mexico is a better place than US to make money.

One rich man is your conclusion that the alternative education is successful?

Majority of the people that went through the alternative education system in Northern Nigeria are desolately poor. They are the poorest in Nigeria. So one exception does not justify the system.

Is the second, third, fourth . . . . . . . . .twentieth richest Nigerian/African alternatively educated?

Majority of the other richest people in Nigeria and Africa are of Western education. At least those with reasonable platform of proving their wealth.

The richest and most developed region in Nigeria, SW, is full of people with Western education. The North are the poorest because they are not westernly educated.

Go and check the largest indigenous and local arms of foreign conglomerate and see whether it is not the western educated southerners that run virtually all of them.

Go and research the top Nigerian banks, Engineering firms, law firms etc and see whether it is not the western educated that own and run them. See whether they complimented it.

Lesson: Never use exceptions to be your basis of argument.

Greece winning Euro2004 does not make them a footballing giant!

you think it is the same leaving home for the north to the south to leaving home from nigeria to the west without anything?

where did i say that a alternative education is better because of 1 person? there are many people who have an alternative education, the conclusion is that no level of education can determine your success if you have the drive simple as that, what i find funny is that you say that someone with a degree from let us say university of khartoum will not make it in nigeria, that is narrow minded and false. yes you find that in banks, etc. people with western degrees are more in higher positiions for whatever reason but then you need to know what western interests played a role in nigerias banking, we are already going to have 2 sharia'h compliant banks in nigeria soon so tell me what cambridge have to do when these are finalised (which will be very soon), many sectors in nigeria are existing because of interests from the west, that is why people with western education tends to hold higher positions but even in nigeria there will be some alternatives needed in future especially with 2 new sharia'h compliant banks in the works with the aid of cbn
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
Kilode?!:

You are not wrong, neither are you right.

My bro, If you've ever lived in Nigeria, attended school in Nigeria or struggled on the streets of Lagos or Kano with no access to Political or Government corruption Money or Influence, you will understand every word I typed up there.

If you have specific questions to help you out, ask and I will answer if I can.
you haven't answered the point about nigerians in the west and the civil war, how many left with the civil war, do you even have a idea of that since you spoke about migration?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2011
namfav:

Yes, you make money in today's Nigeria, you need connections. the place is corruption ridden.

Yes, it might be less connections dependent as before but it is still heavily connection dependent.

I honestly think you have been heavily misled. There are HUNDREDS of people that got degrees before having successful business.

Scrap that, son. There are millions of people who got degrees before having a successful business. Anybody telling you otherwise is a poor mentor or hates you.

Not to say you necessarily need a degree before you can be successful in business, but it helps tremendously.

For every 1 person that made money without degree in the world, I can provide you with 100 that did it with degree. On the converse, for every degree holder that is dearth poor, I can provide you with 500 without degree that are dearth poor. Actually, scrap that, son. I will provide you with 10,000 people without degree that are dearth poor. So the odds are better with degree. The degree also help you extract the qualities that you are talking about. Don't let anyone misguide you with this "good education is not necessary".

namfav:

you think it is the same leaving home for the north to the south to leaving home from nigeria to the west without anything?

It is not a question of "same", which do you think is more "risky"?

namfav:

where did i say that a alternative education is better because of 1 person?

You used one person example to give credit to the alternative education.

You should have used "on average".

namfav:

there are many people who have an alternative education, the conclusion is that no level of education can determine your success if you have the drive simple as that, what i find funny is that you say that someone with a degree from let us say university of khartoum will not make it in nigeria, that is narrow minded and false. yes you find that in banks, etc. people with western degrees are more in higher positiions for whatever reason but then you need to know what western interests played a role in nigerias banking, we are already going to have 2 sharia'h compliant banks in nigeria soon so tell me what cambridge have to do when these are finalised (which will be very soon), many sectors in nigeria are existing because of interests from the west, that is why people with western education tends to hold higher positions but even in nigeria there will be some alternatives needed in future especially with 2 new sharia'h compliant banks in the works with the aid of cbn

Knowledge of Sharia complaint bank will not help you compete in mainstream, it is a niche skill.

On average, someone that went to LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, UCL etc will be more successful, more knowledgeable and more intelligent than someone that went to Khartoum.

Even on average, someone that went to OAU will be more successful, more knowledgeable and more intelligent than someone that went to Khartoum.

FACT!

In a sane society, your level and quality of education is a strong indicator of your likely success.

FACT!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by soldee: 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2011

[size=20pt]Na wa oooo! E neva doooo??

So Mallam dey chop life for London----------

400+ posts and 7,000+ views in 4days and still counting-------------

Nna dis one na burning issue!! grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2011
@soldee- I think you'll find that the thread is much more than the topic suggests. I think about 4 different issues have being discussed, from the trivial ones to the lil bit more serious ones.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by aljharem3: 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2011
page 13

unbelievable

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Falling Diesel Pump Price’ll Reduce Inflation, Says Dangote / Guide on writing for profit using iwriter. / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.