Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,874 members, 7,956,301 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

Help With Long Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help With Long Distance Relationship (820 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Long Distance Relationship by Lacrissa: 10:40pm On May 26, 2011
I met this guy early this year which i really like and he loves me and we have been seeing each other but my fear now is I would be leaving to go to another country, Nigeria and stay for few months to a year and he knows and is willing to work with it.
My thing is this would be my first long distance relationship in which I'm actually planning the future but also I'm also thinking what if i meet other potentials in nigeria and vice versa, him maybe cheating on me.
Would like opinions, thanks in advance
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 26, 2011
accept your faith, break up with him, allow him(and you) to date other people while staying in contact, whenever you relocate to be closer, get to know erach other again and possibly start dating again. . . . . . . .et voila!

LDR is a waste of time and energy especially since you clearly stated that you wanna taste the waters with other potential in 9ja!
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by HighChief4(m): 12:09am On May 27, 2011
Its not easy but just prepare your mind, with constant communication you might just be able to pull through
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Mcleo007(m): 12:12am On May 27, 2011
Distance is crap in a relationship. My advice, if you cant keep up, backk out.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by CrazyMan(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2011
Remember the regular quote that love endures all.

If you love him as much as you claim and he also feels the same way about you, then separating for a few months shouldn’t bother you.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 1:31am On May 27, 2011
^^^dont you think that if she was really in love with that person, and secure in that r/ship, she wouldnt have left the door open for possibilities such as the one below?!

I'm also thinking what if i meet other potentials in nigeria
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Lacrissa: 3:24am On May 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^dont you think that if she was really in love with that person, and secure in that r/ship, she wouldnt have left the door open for possibilities such as the one below?!

No Mr BJ, you are wrong here. I'm not leaving the door open for possibilities, I guess because it is still new, we have not reached a year, that's why I assumed, what if but I really, really like this person, so far at least. And also of all the times i've fallen in love, haven't done it long distance.

CrazyMan:

Remember the regular quote that love endures all.

If you love him as much as you claim and he also feels the same way about you, then separating for a few months shouldn’t bother you.

Agree with you, guess because this would be the first long distance, being so far away.

High_Chief:

Its not easy but just prepare your mind, with constant communication you might just be able to pull through

Thanks, would look forward to trying at least

Mcleo007:

Distance is crap in a relationship. My advice, if you cant keep up, backk out.

I doubt all the time though

MRbrownJAY:

accept your faith, break up with him, allow him(and you) to date other people while staying in contact, whenever you relocate to be closer, get to know erach other again and possibly start dating again. . . . . . . .et voila!

LDR is a waste of time and energy especially since you clearly stated that you wanna taste the waters with other potential in 9ja!

That's a huge risk, break up and date other people on both sides?? What's the need of doing that? I didn't say I want to test the water, I said what if on both sides? Besides, is 8 months to a year, too long and I think he would be coming to Nigeria December.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by zipper003: 5:21am On May 27, 2011
Lacrissa:

No Mr BJ, you are wrong here. I'm not leaving the door open for possibilities, I guess because it is still new, we have not reached a year, that's why I assumed, what if but I really, really like this person, so far at least. And also of all the times i've fallen in love, haven't done it long distance.

Agree with you, guess because this would be the first long distance, being so far away.

Thanks, would look forward to trying at least

I doubt all the time though

That's a huge risk, break up and date other people on both sides?? What's the need of doing that? I didn't say I want to test the water, I said what if on both sides? Besides, is 8 months to a year, too long and I think he would be coming to Nigeria December.

RUBBISH, U must be an "Ashe" looking for a Guy with a fat bank account, u certainly don't love him! rather u're just Exploiting him, KEEP TASTING THE WATERS. HIV IS OUT THERE.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Lacrissa: 5:27am On May 27, 2011
zipper003:

RUBBISH, U must be an "Ashe" looking for a Guy with a fat bank account, u certainly don't love him! rather u're just Exploiting him, KEEP TASTING THE WATERS. HIV IS OUT THERE.

Get out of here stupid illiterate!!! You must be very dumb, foolish and ignorant to read and understand my post. Foolish thing!
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by BABE3: 5:34am On May 27, 2011
Well, my advice to/for you is; if you know you can't deal with it--drop it now! Distance is a b1tch! However if you really trust him and he trusts you and you guys are 'Romeo and Juliet' kind of people, then you can go ahead and give it a shot. But if y'all aint--errmm, then. undecided

Goodluck.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Dyt(f): 7:21am On May 27, 2011
Sighs
my sis
bn dere
n all u ll b hearin on fone s 'baby,i love u so much,i m comin back 4 u soon'
u go hear soon tire
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 27, 2011
@poster
putting IFs and MAYBEs into the equation is one of the reason why I concluded that whatever you have with this guys is not legit.
if you loved that person then you wouldnt have any "fears" or thinking of meeting others possible candidates (wheteher going for a month or 10yrs)

so, better make up your mind about what you feel/want from this person before opening such threads.
A) if you love him and want this LDR to work then do so being 110% behind that r/ship without any doubts lingering in your head.
B) if you wish to sample the Nigerian candidates then fair enough but be mature enough to let him know about your intentions THUS better break up with him and get back together after your "Nigerian adventure"
C) lie to yourself (and him) that all is well when we can all clearly see that it aint.
Re: Help With Long Distance Relationship by 190: 8:58pm On May 27, 2011
According to section number 37,383 of the Nigerian constitution

All LDR's are considered 50/50 chance

I keep saying it, again and again, if you find yourself in one

Give the relationship 0% and expect 100% from her cos its gonna crash anyways

How can a dude do without his lady for 2weeks wen there's women around

OP-- 4get it,

Its a waste of time undecided

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Friend' / What Happens When Love Stops Glowing / Is Marriage Necessary??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.