Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! (14291 Views)

Poll: Are things beginning to change for the better?

Yes: 65% (118 votes)
No: 34% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Turns Her Fridge Into A Wardrobe In This Era Of Change (pix) / The Wind Of Change Is Blowing Cross River State. / "Wind Of Hope" Offers To Sponsor Buhari, Jonathan Debate In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by shigidi(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2007
Backslider:

Hmm Moods seem to be changing.

I was in Nigeria and I tell you Lagos is a disgrace. However I cannot call a dog a bad so that it should change its character. We have to Prosecute corrupt officials with our eyes opened. We have to send this convicts to longer prison sentences.

EFFCC DID THEIR JOB THE CONVICTIONS AND JUDGMENT IS BY THE JUDGE NOT THE EFFCC.

We now have a Precedent though a weak one but it is better than none. The sentencing should be heavier.

Ah My Lagos state is in a mess. That Tinubu guy should be asked to account. Tinubu killed Lagos state. This is a great shame. I lived in singapore they have no farms, I mean absolutely nothing but they have foreign reserves of $120 billion. The size and population of singapore cannot be compared to Lagos.

There is a center in singapore close to a river the picture of the old singapore is posted i tell you OSHODI IS BETTER now THAN THAT PLACE THEN.

We need to hold the governor of Lagos state accountable. We have to stop playing on the animosities of the state gov and the federal gov.

We shall be doomed if we don't hold the state government accountable. Forget about the federal allocation first let us hold the state government on the monies that collect as tax.

over 1 million move in and out of Lagos. please let deal with this man called Bola Tinubu so that no one will do this again to Lagos. I think they will have to deal with the less politically media hyped thieves.

We now see what i was saying the state government stole money. Yes they should investigate OBJ and if he found culpable he should face the music.

Now some people say because the head is by perception corrupt they cannot be be seen to have a genuine desire to fight corruption. THIS IS A BIG LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL. I WILL GIVE YOU EXAMPLES.

1) THE PRISONERS IN PRISON KNOW VERY WELL THAT NOT ALL OF THEIR INMATES ARE GUILTY AND THEY SEEK JUSTICE FOR THEM ANY WAY THEY CAN. IF YOU HAVE BEEN INCARCERATED BEFORE YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

EVEN IN PRISON PRISONERS ARE LAW ABIDING

2) THE FOREFATHERS THAT WERE ON THE LANDS OF AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA WERE CRIMINALS BROUGHT FROM THE UK THEY WERE USED TO BUILD THE LANDS IN WHICH SOME OF YOU QUEUE AND SEEK VISAS TO RUN TO NOW.

A KINGDOM THAT IS DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND.

CLEANSING MUST START FROM SOMEWHERE.

THERE MUST BE SIMILITUDE OF THE RULE OF LAW, THE PROSECUTION AND SENTENCING.

i agree grin grin
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by slimnike(m): 5:23am On Aug 11, 2007
I believe they are using it to fight their political rivals. What is someone like Lucky still doing ''i'm a freeman'' about.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by needeeg(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2007
Or i say court tribunals grin grin
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by simplyme3(f): 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2007
yes - a sweet wind of change is blowing - imagine exchange pound for 2.5Naira and Dollar for 1.4Naira? All the so called diasporians will cry cry cry.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by superman(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2007
let them cry! cry louder? for how long will motherland be takin as a fool?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by bonjee: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2007
hi guys ,
i found this site that can enable you buy clubfreedom shares, diamond cashclub & cdt for 900- 1500 naira
it makes a lot of sense in that , a lot of people can afford this small fees and that's the major challenge of this scheme (the rather expensive joining fee of $200 and referring people)
so the more people, the easier it is to cycle out
and the payout's not bad
check out www.antonioshares.com
refid j@mailer.ws
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by deor03(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2007
@bonjee

go to another thread please angry
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by A40(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2007
It remains to be seen
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by slimnike(m): 12:46am On Aug 25, 2007
Attoney General of the Federation says Soludo can not do it without the concent of Our Chief Aboki. [Ya Ha why]
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by xplicitiyk(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2007
Hello everyone. I am new here and it's gud to dey here, but i am having problems posting in a new topic wc is very important. Will appreciate help and assistance though. Cheers. smiley
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2007
;d
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2007
;d :d
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Danoe(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2007
The wind of change is actually blowing, our new President was 100 days old in office on the 2nd of September 2007, I want to Congratulate him so far.

But the issue of corruption, fraud and financial misappropriation is still a problem to us this time not mush in the Civil service or government but in Banks.

U.B.A PLC are now busy deducting money from peoples savings account in their banks. They said that if you do not pay in money into your saving account oftenly they must deduct your money.

The question is should savings account be reducing or should encourage with interest?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Iman3(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2007
Sweet wind of change indeed.Our external debt is creeping up again-

Nigeria has secured a loan of $3bn from the Peoples’ Republic of China for the construction of 100,000 housing units for the Nigeria Police.

The commercial loan, however, requires the guarantee of the Federal Government before it could be accessed.

The Coordinator of the Police Equipment Foundation, Chief Kenny Martins, made the disclosure in Abuja on Monday at a news conference.

Although he did not disclose the interest rate to be charged by the Chinese bank involved in the transaction, he said it was within a single digit limit.

According to him, a Chinese construction company has accepted to build 100,000 out of the 500,000 housing planned by the Foundation for the security agency.

-http://odili.net/news/source/2007/sep/4/419.html
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by champredd(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2007
What kind of debt is that?

The debt is not going to be invested. Let's hope they have not started borrowing with the aim of stealing through the back-door. Housing is not the problem that should be tackle now, the Police need thorough restructuring. Otherwise the money is going to disappear into thin air.

Lets hope the government never approve it.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by jockey112(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2007
Nigeria open for business

Jocelyn Newmarch | Johannesburg, South Africa

05 September 2007 06:00

Business in Nigeria is booming -- and South African companies are determined to be a part of an economy they say has sky-high potential, despite the challenges posed by unpredictable regulations, unreliable power and a lack of infrastructure

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?articleid=318320&area=/insight/insight__economy__business/
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osisi5: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2007
well I hope yaradua knows how to control his brethren who are about to blow us up.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-77259.0.html#msg1469492
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Danoe(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2007
God bless all of us who will deligently seek the course of truth, sincerity and loyalty to our nation, Nigeria as this sweet wind of revolution is going on in our country.

Let fight against the menace of our societal deviancy such as juvenile delinquency and other vices that may want to disrupt the sweet wind of change for a better country that is going on in our country, Nigeria.

I want to observe this particular issue that it is the duty of the Local Government care takers committee members to provide security and protection to members of their Local government and the inhabitance who are probably fellow Nigerians.
If members of the Local government transition committee should start fighting their indigins what will be the out come of such transition committee.

I want to say that Local government transition committe members should try to exhibit all amount of maturity towards the natives and indigens of their Local government so that their mission should not be defeated.

The law enforcement should not support of protect any member of the local government transition committee who can not comport himself with respect as no body is above the law or else they will star taking laws into their hands.

Let support this sweet wind of change by saying no to juvenile delinquency and other vices that may want distabilize this sweet wind of change.

The Lord shall be our strength and Protection as we respect the norms and donts of our Father Land, Nigeria.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by femionasan(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2007
Looking through the news these days, i have noticed that there is a drastic reduction in Kidnappings in the Niger-delta region. I hope it completely stops. Electricity supply has also improved in most parts of lagos i dont know about other parts of Nigeria. This is really a sign of good things.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Prince22(m): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2007
Yea! Yea!!

Wind of change is gradually blowing

Get the 'bread n butter' politicians exposed

Others will be cautioned

Thanks for the trend.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by chidichris(m): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2007
Aisha,
i am sorry to disappoint u here as i am yet to see any sweet wind of change.
our roads are still getting worse on daily bases, our electricity supply has not shown any improvement, security is going down, education system is not yet a good news, basic armenities are still things of news so in which areas are these wind blowing?
we have been rejoicing that abacha's loots were recovered to the tone of billion billion dollars and so what? in which areas of our lives have the recovered loots affected positively?
billions were recovered from balogun, the question remains how does that improve the lives of the police community and improve the working standards of nigerian police. billions were recovered from alams, how did the bayesa people benefit from that?
we can't continue this way, even abacha took on some people is his own war against corruption, ibb did but the most important thing will be to what extent did this war or fight improve the lives of a common man?
who is not sure that these group of people are robbing peter to pay paul?
it is high time we began to enjoy the benefits of these recovered loots.
ribadu is arresting ex-govs - how many of them?
etteh, is under fire but ribadu will turn back tomorrow to ask us if we have evidence against her, yes she belongs to obj so no charges against her.
it is obvious here that ribadu is a member of the same nigerian police that will tell you to go and buy a typing sheet if you want to report a case as long as they have nothing to gain from your report.
as long as obj is indirectly fulfilling his third term agenda by holding to power, i see no wind as they are all the same
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2007
Aisha- good one from you.
see, i understand the wind is blowing but the wind wont get to my side because its a heroic thing to steal 10billion naira and you will only go to jail for 48hours.

If you venture to steal 10,000, meen ull die in prison. How can they explain this plea bargain all these corrupt officials are getting after stealing what 10million 9ja people will spend in 10years.

Please, they should re-open the case and send them to a nice jail. Then, the wind may blow well.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2007
As for me, I am seeing the change O! For those of us in the Ajah-Addoh-Badore area of Lagos (aka Lekki Phase 10), we have electricity 90% of the time. Also, a new dualised road is being constructed through the length of the area. But that doesn't mean we aren't demanding more.

For those of you that are not feeling the wind of change, don't you think you should task you leaders rather than come to nairaland and start whining?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osisi5: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2007
seems to me the wind is blowing at an alarmingly slow speed.
99.99% of the populace are yet to feel it.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 1:17am On Sep 17, 2007
Might you possibly be among the 99.9%?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by mellow(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2007
It is really blowing.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2007
Don't mind these people. Somebody said Wind Of Change, some of the are expecting Hurricane Of Change.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2007
Nonsence, so everybody should pack to Badore or epe to feel the hurricane of change lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by swiftycool(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2007
hahahahaha Wind of change abi and very recently newly sworn in Law makers
are already stealing millions in the name of Building renovations
I guess u'll say the exposure is also a wind of change too abi
What u dont know is that she was exposed because she didnt "see" the "Big boys"
That shit has been happening almost every day(stealing public funds) but u must settle all the big boys or they give a dog a bad name and execute it.
This is Naija, and there aint no wind of change Sista! its only a charade.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2007
No. Stay where you are and refuse to demand change from your State Governmet and Local Government Chairman. Stay there and be asking ridiculous questions.

Continue suffering and smiling over there whether it is not even the Tsunami Of Change that will come and flush you out of existence.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2007
No. Stay where you are and refuse to demand change from your State Governmet and Local Government Chairman. Stay there and be asking ridiculous questions.

Continue suffering and smiling over there whether it is not even the Tsunami Of Change that will come and flush you out of existence

This is one of the lunatics in Lagos. I live on Gana street Maitama madman where they wont have to bridge your useless bridge for you to move about.
I stay where i wont have to carry loudspeakers to enjoy basic amenities. Im sure the Tsunami will soon come and blow your clay or mud house in Epe. Fucking Retard.

U need to eat beans to grow your dead brain cells. Oponu that lives in Epe.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2007
Okay, you now live in Maitama where there are adequate amenities so much so that you don't need to carry a loud speaker to enjoy them.

So why were you initially trying to pretend as if there was anything peculiar or isolated about what obtained in Badore?

You're just a bloody pretender and a liar who will never admit independently that something good is happening in this country.

You are enjoying this wind of change yet you want to deceive people to think nothing is happening anywhere. Such an attitude is diabolical.

Someone like you can sit down among beggars and be lamenting after finishing two extra-large servings of fried rice and whole chickens at Golden Gate Restaurant.

Learn to say things as they are. If things are right with you, say they are don't try to pretend. It won't get you anywhere.

A sweet wind of change is blowing and we have just caught somebody redhanded who is enjoying the wind, yet portraying otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Black Marketers Take Over As Filling Stations Run Dry Of Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.