Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! (14289 Views)

Poll: Are things beginning to change for the better?

Yes: 65% (118 votes)
No: 34% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Turns Her Fridge Into A Wardrobe In This Era Of Change (pix) / The Wind Of Change Is Blowing Cross River State. / "Wind Of Hope" Offers To Sponsor Buhari, Jonathan Debate In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2007
Denex my dear, where have you been? I have missed your contributions on Nairaland. How are you?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2007
Denex my dear, where have you been? I have missed your contributions on Nairaland. How are you?

Read what he sent to me. Is that what you have missed?
Aisha2. ull be sent away from the United camp soon. grin Kidding

Denex can be annoying sometimes, im serious
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2007
tkb417:

Read what he sent to me. Is that what you have missed?
Aisha2. ull be sent away from the United camp soon. grin Kidding

Denex can be annoying sometimes, im serious
Aya, I like him because we think alike. Dont worry am sure say una go settle.
He is actually a Patriotic Nigerian, Criticises constructively.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2007
@aisha2

I've been doing a lot of reading and besides I was banned for lack of compliance with the status quo.

Anyhow, I'm back for a bit.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2007
Welcome back love. If it is any consolation, I was banned once too. Anyway take care got to go. Hope to read more of your posts soon.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Iman3(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Denex a.k.a Abd al Arab

What did they ban you for?Being allergic to facts?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Imam bin Imam

it was for being too honest with the moderator.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osisi5: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2007
denex:

Might you possibly be among the 99.9%?

what kind foolish Q be this?
How many have felt this your so called wind
Or are you eating off the crumbs of someone who's milking us and you think things are better .Are you in a slumber?
What is badore compared to Nigeria?
Go back in 30 years and look at badore.
There was probably a time when festac was the place to live.
What is it like today?
Our biggest problem is maintanance.
We can build large edifices but check them out later.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2007
See me see trouble O! I'm talking about what I observe in my immediate environment. Even tkb417 has describe what obtains in his own environment and I can see that things are alright in those two areas so far.

I can't speak for the people in Victoria Island or those in Isi-Ala Ngwa. It is where I am that I know.

I'm not like some of you that will be somewhere else and be fabricating stories about conditions several time-zones away.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osereka(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2007
hnmm
life goes on.
bank in the UK self fit get problem of distress?
like naija wonder banks
hnmm.
life goes on. cheesy
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tonia2000(f): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2007
@poster
Says who?Is it with this every day political riots and killing.Oyo state as A Case study, political crisis every now and then no sign of reconciliation nor responsibility among these politicians,so where is the sweet wind of change blowing? forget it lets keep praying 4 Nigeria.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osereka(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2007
we know that there are little probs here and there
these are inevitable probs
what we are saying is that there is hope for great things to come
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tonia2000(f): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2007
Sure smiley
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osereka(m): 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2007
hmnn smiley
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by magneto(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2007
@topic

better believe it . . . slow but steady! cool
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Tonia
so ure this intelligent and you always bother urself with some set of plonkers at the romance section.
how u dey?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2007
Wind of change? hmmm. denex attacked me and im restraining myself o
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by osereka(m): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2007
@tkb417,
peace please peace
@denex,
peace, plz peace
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tonia2000(f): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2007
@tkb417
grin grin grin grin grin,na wa o
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2007
My own is they should re-open the case against all those thieves and let them go to jail. simple
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Tonyblu(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
ok
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by ayomifull(f): 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2007
Hun!!!!!this makes me cry children eating meat once a year? In a country where over 600 million is being used to renovate houses for just 2 people, in a country where there are lots and lots of natural resources? What does Ireland has? guiness! just that! and the government pays all the children under 16 years in that country including foreigners €160 every months! that is sbout N28,320 every months. God will destroy all those people who mismanages our resouces and subject people to poverty while spoiling their own kids with all luxuries of life Amen, Amin, Ase
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by swiftycool(m): 8:08am On Sep 25, 2007
Enters room    shocked
Wettin them still dey do here?!!!  angry
Wind of change my balls  tongue
Bulky Bull Shit
Gets out of Room, to look 4 real stories cool
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by londoner: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2007
Ayomifull, if you are in Ireland, then you know that the social benefit system if fUNDED by taxes, the government does just give out money like sweets. No the people first provide the money upon which the social services can survive.

Maybe when the average Nigerian sees this relation between their taxes and the possibility of an adequate social benefit system, we may see one emerge.

One thing that many Nigerians who visit the UK pity us for is the paying of taxes and rates of all kinds, including council tax, water rates, road tax, income tax, , they just don't get it. 

IT IS  A SYSTEM that we the people fund, not a simple jesture from the government. When you present it as such you misinform people, especially those in Nigeria, about HOW it is that services they go without are provided for in the west.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Apotemole: 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2007
president obasanjo try to change Nigeria but use wrong method,he acted as if the majority of our country men were the problem. He was a bully so his minister  and every member of his cabinet follow suit. Hoowever whatever change that happen in niger is speaheaded by obj ,  he single handedly impose yar adua  crook or hook real or imagine. embarassed[color=#006600][/color] sad smiley
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by pterygott(f): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2007
I think I agree wit u @poster
but we've still got our fingers crossed
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2007
@londoner

this is what most Nigerians will not admit.

We elected a Representative Government so that we can make collective contributions together which the Elected Government officials will use to provide infrastructure and services as we agree to have them.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by DozieGlad: 3:46am On Sep 27, 2007
They were saved
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by magneto(m): 8:20am On Sep 28, 2007
@dozie

wow! thanks for that info. . . this thing should be top priority with our government! its a shame our embassy there isn't taking this seriously!!! what kind of nonsense is that??!! u mean even in malaysia there's racism?? na wa o!
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by ursie(f): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2007
whatever the case, i see changes coming like never before in all sectors but a good change actually begins with YOU and ME
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by hollandis(f): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2007
)
ursie:

whatever the case, i see changes coming like never before in all sectors but a good change actually begins with YOU and ME

what d hell are u saying?
what change are u talking about? did u see the report by dozie?yaradua bis giving appointments for ambassadors based on political interest.Obanikoro that crook) is one of them.The issue is the ambassadors in these countries .do the know the true fuction of their office.THERE IS NO DAMN CHANGE IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2007
perhaps this strange wind of change is blowing in selective houses that the rest of us cannot see.

Is Patricia Etteh part of that wind of change?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Arrested Emir Of Abaji & His Sons For Aiding Kabiru Sokoto's Escape / PDP To INEC Chair: Don’t Succumb To Pressure On Amina Zakari, Zamfara APC / Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.