Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? (3986 Views)

What To Do If A Lady Asks For Money For Data Or Changing Of Phones - Reno Omokri / What Is The Best Answer If A Girl Asks What Do You Want From Me? / "How Much Is Your Groom Price?" Lady Asks A Young Lawyer She Admires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by humurphia(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
I took interest in this girl on Instagram/ Tinder. She looks like a decent and cool headed girl for friendship.

After introducing ourselves and chatting for a while. I called the next week .we vibed a little and joked on the call like she wasn't a stranger.

Towards the ending of the call with her , she asked "what do i do for a living?"

This is someone i just met on the internet, and i feel bad vibes that this was part of the first set of questions she had to ask.

Is this an Airtel Red flag?
Is she genuine or is she likely to be only about the money?
Or was she trying to make a conversation ?
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Jeon(f): 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
humurphia:
I took interest in this girl on Instagram/ Tinder. She looks like a decent and cool headed girl for friendship.

After introducing ourselves and chatting for a while. I called the next week .we vibed a little and joked on the call like she wasn't a stranger.

Towards the ending of the call with her , she asked "what do i do for a living?"

This is someone i just met on the internet, and i feel bad vibes that this was part of the first set of questions she had to ask.

Nah everything Unah go carry come online.

THE WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING question dey this world before before...

No be only girls dy ask am.
stranger self dey ask the question, elderly people especially those in the village dy ask, Boys dey ask,women dey ask, men dey ask, even ur mama friend fit ask her wetin ur pikin dey do.. Not to mention children self dey ask each other wetin their parents dey do.

MAKE UNA NO DY SHIFT MATTER PUT FOR CORNER...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by gasparpisciotta: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
I am self sufficient
I hold my side

I am alive

If you are a hustler

Otherwise
Tell her what you do
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Boomboost(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
What do you do for a living?

In other words, what do you do to live.

You breathe.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by chatinent: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
She is trying to hear what you do for a living.

Tell her you work for a living.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
humurphia:

She wants to know what you do for a living. undecided

Probably trying to dot her 'i's' and cross her 't's' before going any further. undecided
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Tokskob2008: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
She is trying to gauge your status if you fall in the money man category....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by GeneralPula: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2021
I took interest in this girl on Instagram/ Tinder.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by humurphia(m): 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
She wants to know what you do for a living. undecided

Probably trying to dot her 'i's' and cross her 't's' before going any further. undecided
I Thought as much
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Solofresh2: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
humurphia:

When a woman asks such question, one the biggest reasons she is asking you that is to know your personality and if there is a great future ahead of you.

5 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Caramia2020(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
There's nothing wrong with such a question, it's a good sign that the relationship is a future base.

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by emi1000(f): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
There’s actually nothing wrong with the question; she’s probably looking at the possibility of a bright future with you before she will start catching feelings.

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by arthurwillia(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Lol she either wants to hear you are a medical doctor or you are one business mogul, if you go tell am say you be factory worker Omo you enter one chance

I sabi how many babes wey I don use this scoop lash for tinder, if e never reach 20 by now e go remain small
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by brosom(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
As u carry this question come for Nland,

Make sure u notify us when u two make out.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by MJBOLT: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2021
She wants to know how rich you are and what kind of person you are in the society.
Girls on Instagram/Tinder are hoes undecided I just say make I update you.

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by lajid: 6:38am On Oct 02, 2021
I’ve gotten this question too grin

Dunno why they ask, maybe to assess you and know if you’re someone they can move ahead with. Just maybe
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by helinues: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2021
What do you do for a living? Is that a bad question?

Or don't you also do something for a living? Or not proud of what you do?

The babe na correct girl jare

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Obaxxx(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
She wanna know if you're really worthy enough to uncover her pot of beans tongue
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by MistaMann: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2021
humurphia:

She might be a gold digger trying to evaluate if your site is worth digging.

It might be just like the usual question parents, relative, friends and co ask us.

It could be she's trying to avoid yahoo boys and co.

Their can be million reasons and we can only guess.

Hope you also asked her same question after answering her?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2021
It is not a bad question. Especially now that you have a lot of yahoo boys littering the streets. Its better to know the kind of people you're dealing with. Especially when you want to make them your friend.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Angrygoat: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2021
I rem that year,about 2015 when sars started their wohala. Once dem begin ask u this question, e don be . They must obtain u.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 02, 2021
Simple question that demands simple answer is what you are having premature erection over it mtcheeeeew.If to say you even have the money sef e for no pain me lol

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Kunlelee: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2021
Atleast she need to know what you're into na, if the said girl is dating you without knowing or caring about your means of living, you'll still complain she's after your money...

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by samwash(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
All this indomie children self !!
Same is to say why do you guys are always quick to ask a girl abt her relationship status?
Shey them use sex do una
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by NiceMen: 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
lajid:
I’ve gotten this question too grin

Dunno why they ask, maybe to assess you and know if you’re someone they can move ahead with. Just maybe
If a girl ask such question, it is because she sensed that you guys might transition into dating later. So, she needs to know whether you are financially buoyant enough to hold your own before it gets to that stage.

Yes, I used to feel uncomfortable when they ask such questions but I realized that it is good to let them know what you do for a living as a responsible human being.

It is not a bad question, as an adult, IMO
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by lajid: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
NiceMen:
If a girl ask such question, it is because she sensed that you guys might transition into dating later. So, she needs to know whether you are financially buoyant enough to hold your own before it gets to that stage.

Yes, I used to feel uncomfortable when they ask such questions but I realized that it is good to let them know what you do for a living as a responsible human being.

It is not a bad question, as an adult, IMO

Yeah, I know. I actually did like the girl but she had a boyfriend and still went ahead to ask such a question. I wasn’t expecting the question considering she is in a relationship although she doesn’t know that I know she has a boyfriend.

I just let her be, let me not ruin the nigga’s relationship cause I sense if I pursue her she might likely agree but not comfortable doing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by NiceMen: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
lajid:

Yeah, I know. I actually did like the girl but she had a boyfriend and still went ahead to ask such a question. I wasn’t expecting the question considering she is in a relationship although she doesn’t know that I know she has a boyfriend.
Okay, did you tell her what you do for living? You should tell her, irrespective of how it makes you feel.

About the boyfriend aspect, bros, nothing is guaranteed for her. She can't be so sure that the guy will eventually marry her and when you consider their short lift cycle with menopause slowing creeping in, you cannot truly blame women.

This is why they keep their options OPEN and have at least 3-5 guys on queue for possible real FISH. A girl can be in a relationship and still give out her number. A girl I was once very interested in that didn't agree to date me back then told me that she only date guys from her contact and, during our discussion, after we opened up a lot of things on dating, she quickly said, do I know whether we can date in the future? She said this to let me know, even when she was in a relationship recently this year, that she does not mind dating and furking me, as long as she is not in a relationship.

Months after this, she broke up with the guy she was dating and also agreed to visit Akwa Ibom with me later this year. The only problem is, my taste in her or women, in general, has changed. She is still the most pretty lady on my contact but these days, I don't place much emphasis on beauty. She is furking pretty ooo, fair-skinned (not bleached)

Your own goal, IF YOU REALLY LIKE HER (the girl in question) and have plans to marry her IF she fits what you desire in a woman, IS TO play your card right. It does not matter whether she has a boyfriend or not.

A few weeks ago, a lady said on Twitter that it is foolish to ask a girl whether she is in a relationship because she would always tell you yes. She said the best question to ask is ARE YOU MARRIED? Now, to some people, that statement by the lady is foolish but there is a lot of wisdom in that.

The game is the game.

4 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by NiceMen: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
lajid:

I just let her be, let me not ruin the nigga’s relationship cause I sense if I pursue her she might likely agree but not be comfortable doing it.
Oh, I see you added to it. Well in that case, it is fine to let her be, especially if you have no serious plans for her.
Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by purples25(f): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
No, she should not ask you. It's after you people have sex, and you cannot pay for pregnancy or handle responsibility, or handle marriage....

Then you will run away. Then people will shift blame on her for not finding out if you were financially ready for a serious relationship. That's the one you want.

Come, what are you starting relationship for? If it is for serious reasons, like settling down, shouldn't you both know your finances because that will be an important factor that needs to be planned out and managed?

Or maybe you are having a relationship for cruise sake. In that case, I see you. Salute.

3 Likes

Re: When A Lady Asks, What Do You Do For A Living? What Is She Trying To Hear? by Privatepart00: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2021
The messenger of campus female undergraduates
You connected from her via Tinder ?
You have to be cautious of what you tell her .
Majority of girls on the app are for hookup.
Few display on their profile , others don’t to avoid chasing clients away ( either way she will swing)
Some others are seeking for a relationship but you will be dull if you don’t kpekus the girl.
You can twist what you doing for a living, is obvious she’s weighing her options
Flow with the tide and hit her when she least expect
Their may be good girls there but majority has spoilt the show
Enjoy your time there is so fun
@humurphia

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Cancelled A Date Because She Felt Very Important / Only Legends Will Understand This / My Boyfriend Is 14 Years Older Then I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.