Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa (22923 Views)

Gunmen Hide Under Biafra Agitation To Kill In South-east – Army / IPOB Members Dump Biafra Agitation To Support Peter Obi Presidency (Pictures) / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

you're contradicting yourself... and its Igbos not Ibos.

they also have the largest coal deposits in Africa.

you said "The entire SE is smaller than Oyo state" then who are the indigenes of Oyo state... the entire SE is bigger than Akwa-ibom and Cross-River ( efik, ibibio , annang, oron e.t.c )

revenue from Oil and gas industry will be used to fund other industries that employ millions of igbos...

most Ibos are not business men, a lot of them are retail traders and university graduates and the SE is more than big enough to sustain them...

there are more Yorubas than Igbos... hundreds of thousands of Yorubas did not die in a war, hundreds of thousands of Yorubas did not have their bank accounts wiped which will lead to decrease in standard of living which leads to poverty e.t.c...

normally, they are never meant to have same access they enjoy today if the states outside the SE protects the economic interests of its indigenes.

dan:gote makes his living outside northern Nigeria does that mean northern Nigeria is not big enough for him

of what relevance to the discussion is the number of people that dies in the war. The bottom line is your land area is small for the ibo population. The jobs your current leaders are creating with what they have now? They say, he who is not faithful with little will not be faithful with much.

Good luck finding a bank that finance coal exploration in 2021, even China wont finance such. Bottom line is you ibos need Nigeria more than you think you do. I would say the SE more than any region needs Nigeria.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

You need to differentiate between what is good for the elite and what is good for the people. The current system is good for the Northern elite but it is not good for their people. Their people made more progress under Sardauna, when they werent dependent on Oil.

Another thing about gas and Oil reserves. Most of it will eventually stay in the ground. Because of the green push in the west and their ESG crap, It is increasingly difficult to find any financial institution that will finance new Coal/Oil/gas developments these days.

you modified your post...

northern Nigerians never made progress under sar:dauna revenue from oil started after the sar:dauna was dead.. northern Nigeria has always been subsidized by southern Nigeria's revenue.

it is not difficult to find financial institution that will finance new Coal/Oil/gas developments because most of U.S and Canada energy comes from Coal/Oil/gas developments power plants especially coal..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

you modified your post...

northern Nigerians never made progress under sar:dauna revenue from oil started after the sar:dauna was dead.. northern Nigeria has always been subsidized by southern Nigeria's revenue.

it is not difficult to find financial institution that will finance new Coal/Oil/gas developments because most of U.S and Canada energy comes from Coal/Oil/gas developments power plants especially coal..

oga stop this nonsense, the biggest period of development in the north was under Sardauna, that was the era they focused on education and establishing industries.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

of what relevance to the discussion is the number of people that dies in the war. The bottom line is your land area is small for the ibo population.

Good luck finding a bank that finance coal exploration in 2021, even China wont finance such.

number of people that die whether in war or not affects population size, the Igbo population took a huge blow during the war... the SE consists of at least 5 states and that's more than enough for them...

the SE is not a small land area, stop believing propaganda against the SE...

its not about coal exploration its about building coal power plants, if Nigeria offers $2bn do you think they will reject it
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

number of people that die whether in war or not affects population size, the Igbo population took a huge blow during the war... the SE consists of at least 5 states and that's more than enough for them...

the SE is not a small land area, stop believing propaganda against the SE...

its not about coal exploration its about building coal power plants, if Nigeria offers $2bn do you think they will reject it

current poulation of yorubas is 36 million, ibos 31million, what difference does 2 million make? the bottom line is your population density (people per sqaure kilometer of land) is unsustainable for your people. we are talking about today. Get over the war it happenned. You are the ones that went to war (against the advice of your own generals) and ended up in a worse position than you were before the war and are at it again.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

current poulation of yorubas is 36 million, ibos 31million, what difference does 2 million make? we are talking about today. Get over the war it happenned. You are the ones that went to war (against the advice of your own generals) and ended up in a worse position than you were before the war and are at it again.

Igbos are nowhere near 30million...

I am not igbo..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

This is my industry, believe me you will struggle to find funds to develop new Oil feilds talk less of coal!!!
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Safyqueen: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

stop saying what you don't know...

Like I told another NL user - "before 1914 amalgamation southern nigeria was rich by just selling resources because the revenue from the sale of the resources could cater for its population and there was still millions in net profit ( budget surplus ) and that net profit money that should have been used to further the infrastructural development of southern Nigeria, due to amalgamation in 1914, was used to balance the budget deficit of northern Nigeria because northern Nigeria was always running at net loss ( budget deficit )...

If there is oil in northern Nigeria it will be explored.

the bri:tish could not make northern Nigeria profitable, is it un-educated and ter:rorists loving northern nigerians that will now make it profitable. grin grin grin grin

the weed you're smoking is very strong. grin grin grin

Well it is either you are a teenager, one suffering from ethno-religio-tribal bigotry or just one who want to rewrite history by media propaganda.
During those era you mentioned the north was perfectly doing well even up till Sardauna, Alex Ekweme era. It was the north that even advocated for regional government and Alex Ekweme faulted him. That's what earned Ekweme that title 'nationalist' against Sardauna.
The regional structure we had before 1966 was abrogated by Aguiyi Ironsi, an Igbo man. He was the one through military that initiated this powerful centre government system called Abuja today.

Read history please so that you don't embarrass yourself in the public forum of this nature because some people may think your idiocy may be by inheritance.

1 Like

Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

oga stop this nonsense, the biggest period of development in the north was under Sardauna, that was the era they focused on education and establishing industries.

the biggest period of development in the north was from 1970 till date...
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

Igbos are nowhere near 30million...

I am not igbo..

google is your friend

thats because they are all outside the SE...which is my point
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

This is my industry, believe me you will struggle to find funds to develop new Oil feilds talk less of coal!!!

believe me, any one will take $$$ to develop anything talk less of coal..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
Safyqueen:

Well it is either you are a teenager, one suffering from ethno-religio-tribal bigotry or just one who want to rewrite history by media propaganda.
During those era you mentioned the north was perfectly doing well even up till Sardauna, Alex Ekweme era. It was the north that even advocated for regional government and Alex Ekweme faulted him. That's what earned Ekweme that title 'nationalist' against Sardauna.
The regional structure we had before 1966 was abrogated by Aguiyi Ironsi, an Igbo man. He was the one through military that initiated this powerful centre government system called Abuja today.

Read history please so that you don't embarrass yourself in the public forum of this nature because some people may think your idiocy may be by inheritance.

north was never doing well, stop deceiving yourself. grin grin grin...

use your common sense...
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

believe me, any one will take $$$ to develop anything talk less of coal..

I am not saying it is impossible I am telling you it is becoming extremely difficult. When was the last time you say any Multinational develop any new project in Nigeria? If anything they are divesting.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2021/04/new-coal-projects-have-gotten-super-expensive-to-finance/
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

google is your friend

thats because they are all outside the SE...which is my point

google is also your friend grin grin grin

they are not all outside the SE.. what sort of mis-information is this
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

I am not saying it is impossible I am telling you it is becoming extremely difficult. When was the last time you say any Multinational develop any new project in Nigeria? If anything they are divesting.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2021/04/new-coal-projects-have-gotten-super-expensive-to-finance/

expensive is different from "extremely difficult"..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

the biggest period of development in the north was from 1970 till date...

Nope, it started in 1954 and the incentive was to catch up with the south in anticipation of independence, that incentive no longer exists after total control was handed over to them by Ironsi and his merry band. Anything that happenned in the 70's and 80's was at the same pace as the rest of the country.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

expensive is different from "extremely difficult"..

clearly, you just like to argue. what it means is ultimately is a lot of fossil fuels will stay in the ground.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by NLPoliceWoman: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
Godkillbuhari:
shut up ..... useless terrorist..... Na Ogun go kill all of una
Again,
Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2

1 Like

Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by fregeneh(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

Nope, it started in 1954 and the incentive was to catch up with the south in anticipation of independence, that incentive no longer exists after total control was handed over to them by Ironsi and his merry band. Anything that happenned in the 70's and 80's was at the same pace as the rest of the country.

how can a region that always had budget deficit catch up to one that always had budget surplus are you reading what you're writing

like I said you're mis-informed..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

google is also your friend grin grin grin

they are not all outside the SE.. what sort of mis-information is this

Go to Lagos, Abuja, KAno, Kaduna, Sokoto, Ibadan, Ife, Akure, abeokuta, PH, Jos, Ilorin, oyo, Calabar, Katsina, Benin, Ghana, Senegal, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, you will find ibos in huge numbers. Although for the purp[ose of this discussion i am talking about the ibos in Nigeria, no other tribe, migrates or is present outside their zone like the Ibos.

The importance of this is that people usually leave their home to make a living, if they can do that at home they dont leave home thats why most other tribes in Nigeria largely reside in their zone.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

clearly, you just like to argue. what it means is ultimately is a lot of fossil fuels will stay in the ground.

I don't like to argue... I like facts that are sensible to common sense of humans... if it doesn't make sense then its rubbish..
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Rexwalters1: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2021
fregeneh:

IS BOKO HARAM NOT AN AGITATION?
An agitation of Criminals.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by iyke2frankeze: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

Everytime the ibo man is disgruntled, he sets the place alight and then ends up in a worse position than he was and then he sets the place alight and then he ends up in a worse position and then he sets the place alight.......rinse, repeat

1966 coup, Civil war, now 2015 PDP loss and IPOB. Everythging the Ibo man is fighting for now, he had before the 1966 coup including 50% of all the revenue from Nigeria's Oil. North did not have power over anybody before 1966 if anythingthey were afraid of the south remmember the reason independence came in 1960 and not 1957 was because the North was afraid of Southern domination, it was ironsi that gave them the power with unification decree and removal of right of referendum. The north had insisted on referendum as a condition for independence, it was ironsi that removed it. The ibo man never learns!! The Ibo man is fighting for secession, please give them because they will then find out that Eastern Region of 1966 is not SE of today. The SE cannot contain them, most of them make a living outside the SE!!! The same people that are fighting for Biafra will be fighting to rejoin whatever is left of Nigeria because they cannot survive on their own. Bad a Nigeria is, if you remove political power, the Ibo race is probably one of the biggest beneficiaries.

Again the irony is all these agitations are for things the ibo man had in 1966 but removed with his own hands.

Oga the problem Nigeria has right now, other regions of Nigeria has tried to solve it but failed. I can assure you that the Igbo man will fix this if given the opportunity. Would you chose to continue suffering because of this distorted history handed down to you? Even if it is true, would you see a solution to your problem and continue suffering?
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Ofolete: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
When northerners claim to be the owner of this country and i remember the number of innocent people they have killed, the crisis they have caused, the set back they have brought for Nigeria, the height of confusion, bad economy, illiterates and bad luck they have brought in Nigeria, banditry, ineffectiveness, un contributory and dormant leaders who have killed the growth of this country, all from the northern Nigeria. I can now ask, who are the real enemies of Nigeria?
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
codemaniacs:

I don't like to argue... I like facts that are sensible to common sense of humans... if it doesn't make sense then its rubbish..

common sense is the sense of a common ma. The kind of man you tell that sources for financing coal are limited and he is still telling you its not impossible and pinning his hopes on something with a low probability. I didn't say it was impossible but you would have thought that real sense would have dictated to a man who claims to have sense that he cant bank on these projects as he may not be able to get the finance to execute them, to execute enough of them at scale or to execute them at a profitable rate. Just saying!!!

Possible and likely are 2 different things
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by mybiz234: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Rule 8.
Rule 2.

You are a rule breaker too. You break rule 19. You are mannabbgrills using an alternative monicker, NLpolicewoman, to report others.

A rule breaker reporting others for breaking rules.

Talk about travesty.

1 Like

Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
iyke2frankeze:

Oga the problem Nigeria has right now, other regions of Nigeria has tried to solve it but failed. I can assure you that the Igbo man will fix this if given the opportunity. Would you chose to continue suffering because of this distorted history handed down to you? Even if it is true, would you see a solution to your problem and continue suffering?

given what opportunity, what distorted history? Everything I stated in the post you quoted is a verifiable fact.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Nadaken: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
AllahThePig:
Una woman Sabi twerk

[img]https://images./5hJz5K34cm9aHUVpuilQ8T.gif[/img]
grin where you dey get all these stuffs

I am sure those Muslim girls don't wear pants

Allah have them covered in hijab and burka
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by Ofolete: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Give any of these people Presidency: Peter Obi, Donald Duke, Soludo, Tinibu, Ngige, Emeka Nwajuba, Amaechi. Then see a greater Nigeria. Nigerians should stop engaging senseless people into power.
Re: North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa by codemaniacs: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
perambulator:

Go to Lagos, Abuja, KAno, Kaduna, Sokoto, Ibadan, Ife, Akure, abeokuta, PH, Jos, Ilorin, oyo, Calabar, Katsina, Benin, Ghana, Senegal, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, you will find ibos in huge numbers. Although for the purp[ose of this discussion i am talking about the ibos in Nigeria, no other tribe, migrates or is present outside their zone like the Ibos.

The importance of this is that people usually leave their home to make a living, if they can do that at home they dont leave home thats why most other tribes in Nigeria largely reside in their zone.

Igbos are migrant in nature.. its not my fault that it took me to tell you that they are migrant in nature...

they are all over because like I said there is no policy to protect the economic interests of indigenes and the people in those places patronize them, if people don't patronize then they won't be able to sustain themselves in those places...

people can also make money both at home and outside their home together if they can afford and it and are ambitious enough to do it...

its not about "if they can do it at home they dont leave home"... this comment shows your lack of understanding the nature of Igbos...

Igbos have the behavior of controlling and been dominant in a place that is not indigenous to them just like the f:ulanis and e:uropeans whether legally or illegally..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Did Not Congratulate Tinubu — NNPP / 2015: Any Northerner Who Votes PDP Is A Disgrace – Borno Deputy Governor / Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.