Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life (14590 Views)

Ghanaian School Competition Uses Nigeria As A Reference For Fraud. See Reactions / A Teacher Brutalized A 2-Year-Old Girl Because She Pooped (Disturbing Photo) / Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by sojfaith243: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
sojfaith243:
I wouldn't forget my Accounting Teacher Mr Abegunde of GSS Omu-Aran, Kara State in a hurry. I owe you a gift any day any time. Prof Abdul Ganiyu Garba, Prof (Mrs) P.K Garba, Prof (Mrs) Aku, Prof M.M Duru, Dr Ishaya Audu, Prof (Mrs) Risikat Dauda, Prof Femi Shaibu and a host of others. God bless you all.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by flamingREED(m): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
The crash course guys,
The organic chemist,
Salman Khan,
The Don't Memorise Fellows...

And there are many more on YouTube through whom God has turned me into a revered teacher today.

God bless you all and bless all dedicated teachers. May He also weed out the corrupters and those who only have the proceeds of malpractice at heart.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by demoBaba: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Bodmum:
Mrs M. I Alabi. Holy ghost pry school, odo oja ikere ekiti. Respects.

Moshood Road...... How far omo Ikere.... From Isaoye street Odo Oja Ikere Ekiti.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by ModelLook(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
I stopped teaching in October 2018. Teaching was fun. A good teacher is one who not just teaches but INSPIRES his students. I redefine students lives. No wonder they all started following on all my social media pages after I left teaching and kept checking up on me. I feel blessed.

When you live to make an impact in people's lives, they will look for you in the coming years because you've left a positive mark in their lives that will shape them which they will never forget and will live to be grateful for.

That's what I did.

I give glory to God for the privilege.

But the sad truth is that Nigeria does not appreciate teachers. I survived those years of teaching because I kept on remembering my calling in life which is to touch, change and make an impact in people lives despite the sad pay. Those were what kept me going each morning I woke up. But I'm done with teaching in Nigeria.

I'm hoping to switch to the Medical line for an M.Sc which will enable me continue my calling in life (this time, in saving lives) but hopefully do it outside Nigeria in a country where I would be appreciated financially for fulfilling my calling.

If the PLACE for your calling is not paying the bills, my dear, find another PLACE for your calling. Na person wey don chop, wey dey alive dey fulfill CALLING.

If you are nomore today due to hunger, people will move on with life without you. Those you are trying to change their lives will move on just like how the world moved on to telegram and Imo yesterday when Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp stopped working yesterday. It doesn't matter how valuable you are. Learn a lesson from that.

My Advice:
If you don't have a Calling to Teach. If you don't have a buring desire to make impact or change lives, don't work as a teacher in Nigeria else you will be miserable for the rest of your lives.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
demoBaba:

Moshood Road...... How far omo Ikere.... From Isaoye street Odo Oja Ikere Ekiti.
oh, welcome bro. I'm from adakos in oke'kere.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by peppermint7(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
agoro2u:

sorry for the loss.
May her soul rest in peace.
Amen o
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by MrMacinterchi1: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
PavillionEnergy:
shocked

Corper Sophia that year.
She was my chemistry teacher in Secondary School. I was the chemistry laboratory prefect and that means I had to spend extra hours with her in the laboratory to prepare solutions and salts for qualitative analysis.

She was a very sexy lady with the right dimensions of curves and her bumbum was massive. It was visible in her khaki.

My mind was always focused on her during our laboratory sessions until one day she dragged me to the office inside the lab.

That is how she leaned on the desk with her bum exposed and I had to do the needful. I brought out my young black schlong and she sucked it for seven minutes. After that, I inserted it into her wet dripping kpekus and before five minutes, my hot seeds flew out into her.

I had other numerous intense sessions with her. She made me whom I am today. An expert in Bedmatics and Sexiology.

Of course, I made A1 in Chemistry too.

God bless Corper Sophia. My best Teacher.
Lord have mercy. SMH
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by demoBaba: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
Bodmum:
oh, welcome bro. I'm from adakos in oke'kere.

Nice one bro... Oke 'kere guy.. I think you processed to Annuciation School after your primary graduation?
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Kokaine(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
onlinestaff2020:

Kokaine, how far?

I taught English Language (JSS 2) at that
school, UNIVERSITY PREPARATORY SECONDARY SCHOOL In the year 2010 .

We call the proprietor, " Big Aunty".
Wow... I finished 2004.
Interesting!
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Enyinnaya007(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
World best teacher goes to my mum. My teacher my mother my pride and to all teachers in the world we can't do without you all.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Kokaine(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
shogsman:

Ya
same set? Hope say una dey connect well sha. At least for WhatsApp group.

I can imagine the maths teacher flogging him and telling him how he will fail in life for not knowing maths. I can imagine if they meet today again and the maths teacher is still in that school wearing okrika shirts and long tie.

This life shaaa. No body knows tomorrow
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by MrMacinterchi1: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mercychen:
Myself. I refined myself by myself and today I'm a Teacher.

At a point in my life, after school. I began to go back to all I was taught ( that I never understood) and started learning them on my own, by myself. That really helped refine me because if I had stopped at what I was taught, I would not be where I am today. So I am sound academically today because of me.

So big ups to Mua!
So , all your teachers from nursery School to university level, you cannot single out one among them to acknowledge?

Hmmm.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
demoBaba:

Nice one bro... Oke 'kere guy.. I think you processed to Annuciation School after your primary graduation?
yes, anco school. Great is alma matter. 92 set.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Imustreturn(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
My teacher in primary 6. Lauretta jack.

I saw hell grin but that woman shaped my life omo. I Sabi book by force.

God bless her anywhere she is.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Danjikanbauchi: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mr Lakwot thank you. God rest your soul in peace.

Mr and Mrs kago

Mr ishaya Dan Sallah

And mallam Gwamnan Yaro

God bless you all.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by razzydoo(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
I'm in a class of one, my teacher got fired grin angry...
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by demoBaba: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Bodmum:
yes, anco school. Great is alma matter. 92 set.

I removed my cap sir.... I think it was ojopagogo, jojolawo set, I was in jss 1 then.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Pootle: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
Anywhere you are Mr Odia my geography teacher...who flogged sense into me...more prosperity sir
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by chiefLopes(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
I will never forget Mrs. Doris Amadi who treated me like a son in my secondary school days. The woman who never joked with me. She payed for my snr. waec and also made sure I had books to read in order to pass my exams.
May God bless her bountifully and replenish in million folds from whence she took to sponsor me.
Amen...

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by sylve11: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mrs. Anizo my P.H.E and Foremistress, wherever you are. Your son is greeting you.

You were so kind to your students and you helped us get into class when our then principal must have declared we go home due to the fact that we could not pay our school fees.

You took us all like your children.

I owe you a whole bunch.

Somedays sha, I will definitely find you and bless you.

Just stay healthy for me. cool
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by davidbukz4: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
Aunty Kate who instilled the habit of reading in me back then at Nightingale Academy.
Thank you ma'am
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by shogsman(m): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kokaine:
same set? Hope say una dey connect well sha. At least for WhatsApp group.

I can imagine the maths teacher flogging him and telling him how he will fail in life for not knowing maths. I can imagine if they meet today again and the maths teacher is still in that school wearing okrika shirts and long tie.

This life shaaa. No body knows tomorrow
He dey group but understandably the guy is a busy man , and back then we used to have at least 7 arms of each classes that is like a thousand students in like ss1 alone, luckily we were in the same arm sha.lol I think if they meet today he will still be afraid of him cos dat man beat am die ,even on assembly once for bringing Bluetooth earphone to school

1 Like

Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

So , all your teachers from nursery School to university level, you cannot single out one among them to acknowledge?

Hmmm.

Most of my Nursery, primary and secondary School teachers were wicked. The ones who were not wicked don't have your time..

Mr. Ibikunle my pry 3 teacher stoned me on the forehead with a duster one day when we were doiing general reading in class because i looked away from my reader. You know those kinda duster with a wooden handle.
I can never forget that day.

Mr Rotimi flogged the hell out of my life for looking out the window when he was teaching my worst subject back then ( math).

At the tertiary level, they leave you to your fate. So nothing from their end.

Ok.... I appreciate them all. grin
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Bianda24: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
This is a shout out to my SS 1 goverment teacher, Mr. Olasehinde and one bros who was studying Political Science at the University of Ibadan at that time, he taught me English Language and Government, his name is Jayeoba. This man changed my life academically. There was no contact at that time because GSM was not in vogue at that time. The only known address, I knew at that time was Independent Hall, University of Ibadan
I will not forget our Literature in English teacher, Mr. Ogunlana. These are men that changed my life and history.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
I will be forever grateful to my government teacher in secondary school, Ojo high school Ojo, 1999,ss1,he made me one of the best government teacher alive as of today.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by EKOSuperior(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
I cannot forget Uncle Dan my CRK teacher, Authority my Government teacher, Mr. Abba John my Social Studies teacher, Commissioner of Literature in English teacher, and all those who have helped in one way or the other to reshapen us, may God continue to bless you all beyond measure.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Yemighty2(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
My wasiu flogging taught me how to right and keep my books neat.

It impacted my life generally.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Indispensable85(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
doctormoh:
Teachers at the heart of Education recovery..

With teachers being celebrated globally on every October 5 that has been dedicated as Teachers’ Day, what do 'YOU' have to say about that one teacher that redefined your life..

5th of October is celebrated as World Teachers' Day and on this day teachers celebrate and appreciate themselves in their work; a work free day for Urban teachers. This day is declared as a public holiday by the government; students do not go to school and workers have a work free day. The point is centered around “acknowledging, evaluating and enhancing the instructors of the world” and to give a chance to consider the issues identified with educators and the teaching process in general.

Happy Teachers' Day!

My chemistry teacher was a super star. God bless him wherever he is.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
demoBaba:

I removed my cap sir.... I think it was ojopagogo, jojolawo set, I was in jss 1 then.
oh, I mean i gained admission in year '92. Saka mumini was my class captain then.
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Cubeman: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mrs Akinsanya,you did a wonderful job on me. To Mrs Akinsanya,Mrs Oderinde,Mr Making and other teachers who made me,I say thank you
Re: World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life by Cubeman: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mrs Akinsanya,you did a wonderful job on me. To Mrs Akinsanya,Mrs Oderinde,Mr Makinde and other teachers who made me,I say thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NECO 2014 Past Questions In PDF / Benue State University Admission Info 2011/2012 / Why Do People Generally Hate Maths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.