Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown (18171 Views)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
If you know that woman in your street that sells puff puff and all of a sudden you stopped seeing around or she suddenly switches to groundnut business, just know that the cost of flour is chasing buyers away.

Many bakers would be shutting down their bakeries this week, I for one would be closing down mine.

We have basically ran at a loss for the past 7 months, been keeping it open with personal funds just so my workers would have a Job, but at this moment we have no other Choice

The Flour prices have consistently continued to rise exponentially this year, since wheat importers started to source their Fx from the black market, and thus its us who have to keep the price for the end users minimal that have had to suffer the effects of this policy.

Like Many manufacturers who deal with the end users FMCGs and the likes, many have played with volume in order to keep the price steady, some are beginning to add dangerous items such as "Bromate and Sacarine" to keep their prices low

For me I'll rather shut down like most bakeries, than join the profit bandwagon.. so we would be contributing additional 25 workers to the unemployment market this week.. maybe things would pick up after 2023 then whoever is in the country then would open it.
If we don't convert the building...anyways that's that for that.. This mornings rant was brought to you by "Interesting economic policies of the current Administration "...
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1445311715281756160.html

10 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Na wa o

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
No more bread

Meanwhile, d cheapest dry anyhow sliced bread u can afford in my area costs 350-400. Slices not even up to 20 grin

Nigerians are wicked...

7 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gas too

In fact the whole thread is painful to read cry

4 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Samunique(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yeah, as it was in 1983\84 so it is now.

Buhari is a disaster !!!

This is exactly what happened during this man military regime .

Bread was unaffordable then, so many bakeries shut down bcs of high cost of flour.

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by alsudan: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Bread of 300 naira in 2015 is now 1000 naira. Even Labourers can’t afford their usual bread and coke/beans on site again.

What that mannequin can’t destroy does not exist.

144 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by RiceProducers: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Samunique:
Yeah, as it was in 1983\84 so it is now.

Buhari is a disaster !!!

This is exactly what during this man military regime .

Bread was on affordable then.

Go and source your raw material locally or start consuming a substitute.
IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Christistruth00: 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
alsudan:
Bread of 300 naira in 2015 is now 1000 naira. Even Labourers can’t afford their usual bread and coke/beans on site again.

What that mannequin can’t destroy does not exist.

There is a reason Daura is a Desert

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SarkinYarki: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Una go learn ..I warned all of you about this devil called Buhari but you labelled us wailers missing free money

Am I poor now ? Hell now

Has my standard of living dropped ? Hell no

I dey chop bread ? Hell no

I dey chop rice ? Hell no

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Maxymilliano(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
What Buhari can't destroy does not exist, give him a booming economy and watch it crumble like a pack of cards right in front of your eyes.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Ekejoestar(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
YOU PPL KEEP CALLIN BUHARI.BUHARI IS NO FINANCE MINISTER,HIS NOT CBN GOVERNOR IS THAT CLEAR? YOU SHOULD BE ASKING ABOUT HIS ECONOMIC TEAM AND POLICY HOLDERS.
WHEN JONA AND OBASANJO WAS THERE THEM CALL OKONJO EVERYDAY! WHEN WHN EVEN IBB WAS THERE HE USED PROF SAM ALUKO (ECONOMIST).
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
MR PRESIDENT BRING IN ECONOMIST WITH INTERNATIONAL CLOUT TO TAKECHARGE AND REVAMP NAIJA ECONOMY TO BOOMS RECOVERY.angryLET OKONJA RECOMMEND. angryMAKE UNA GET SENSE MY NAIJA PPL TO ASK FOR THE RIGHT THING AND STOP D BLAME GAME.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Housing(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Economy is really bad, many people are struggling. The inflation rate need to be curb.

9 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by inoki247: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
Las las na Wheelbarrow we go dey pack money put to go buy bread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by slawormiir: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by JAWBONE(m): 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
The donkey in Aso Rock is about to blame middle-men for this just watch.

Also wait for his shit eaters to come here and give you stupid, gutter economics as to why inflation is not the lifeless vegetables' fault

26 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
shocked

You knew Buhari's antecedents yet voted him in to spite one section of the country, now, you that voted him in is also feeling the brunt for your stupidity. No be juju be that?

Abeg, makai go my village jare cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Ancecoker(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
grin
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by BigDolph(m): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
E don happen

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by sylve11: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hard times we are facing in this country.
I hope it gets better soon. sad cool

8 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Felabrity: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Buhari is making life unbearable for people

It still getting cŕzzy

Every foodstuff in the market has gone up, and keep continue going up

6 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Nadaken: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
No thanks to jihad

Buhari and his fulani Terrorists brothers have shut farmers from farming so no flour raw materials

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by chukwuibuipob: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
sad
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by ogododo: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Zenithh:
If you know that woman in ur street that sells puff puff and all of a sudden you stopped seeing around or she suddenly switches to groundnut business..just know that the cost of flour is chasing buyers away.

Unemployment dey increase morning by morning. Bubu no dey carry last.

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by ATEAMS: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Everything
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by yesloaded: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by NwaNimo1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021

14 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SmartPolician: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by kindlyheart: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
why not reduce the size of your bread or increase the price. I think that will be better than closing down.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Rugaria: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Las Las Eye go clear all man..
You guys handed the country over to foreigners who are here to loot down the country for their brethrens scattered all over West Africa. Dangote doesn't care..Those of you that made Buhari the president will all pay for the pains you have put Nigerians through

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sai baba till 2080!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money / Woolsworth Set To Exit Nigeria. / Fire Outbreak Destroys EMAB Trade Centre Plaza,Wuse Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.