Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown (18196 Views)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 26.25 % Amid Soaring Inflation Levels / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by JuanDeDios: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Una go learn ..I warned all of you about this devil called Buhari but you labelled us wailers missing free money

Am I poor now ? Hell now

Has my standard of living dropped ? Hell no

I dey chop bread ? Hell no

I dey chop rice ? Hell no

What do you eat? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by nextstep(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
RiceProducers:
Go and source your raw material locally or start consuming a substitute.
IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway

On the farms that have become dangerous right? Abi you're not hearing of farmers (large scale and small) being kidnapped or killed?

Granted, if we were serious we would have started planting wheat years ago, esp in middle belt where the weather is a bit temperate, but still, lot of countries import wheat from where it grows easily - it's just that we don't have any other goods apart from oil to exchange it with.

Cassava is a decent alternative, but you need people to actually want to buy it.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SarkinYarki: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
JuanDeDios:

What do you eat? Just asking.

Just 100 precent Lean meat and ground water..the healthiest man on earth and I am beast with assault rifles
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Brushstrokes20: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
What the redundant, sadistic coupist cannot destroy does not exist!
The shithole urgently needs men of valor like kaduna nzeogwu to do the NEEDFUL cos the dumb herder has destroyed the shithole beyond redemption undecided
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by nextstep(m): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Just 100 precent Lean meat and ground water..the healthiest man on earth and I am beast with assault rifles

Really? You must catch all your food yourself... the cost of meat is atrocious now

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by nextstep(m): 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
Have you people blamed ipob today for this news?

Not yet... I'm actually surprised. Usually the blame starts towards the bottom of the first page grin grin
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by jojothaiv(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Folks will turn this thread to English classes and test of wits.

Just wait and see but we all know the truth na
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by masterP042(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
You all know that the country is a sinking ship. We are not heading to anywhere.. Yet, if biafrans want to leave, Nigerians won't still allow us.. Is that not wickedness? Did igbos tell you not to leave and form your own country too? As una no wan leave Biafrans to go, all of us go dey suffer am.. I'm happy wheat is not cheaper in Ondo than it is at Enugu.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by stanluiz(m): 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
Aganju849:

You should keep in mind too that Godwin Emefiele, an Igbo man, is presiding over the death of the Naira and Nigeria's economy.

Emefiele cannot claim to not understand what is going on, the most basic thing he can do is to properly monitor the retail auctions to these useless, greedy bankers.
Emifele Is an ika man from Delta State.

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Blackfriday: 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Zenithh:

Thank you

Nigerians are there worst enemies.
Buhari also attributed the soaring cost of food to the big business men and women. Why hoarding vitals? Just to cause artificial scarcity?

Hell no! Nigerians are wicked. Leave matter
If only you know what is happening in the FMCG industry in Nigeria, you will not spill this blinded argument you just raised. Believe me, the so called big business men are not even seeing enough products to sell, talk more of hoarding it.

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by seunayantokun(m): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fruit of a terrorist government.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Blackfriday:
If only you know what is happening in the FMCG industry in Nigeria, you will not spill this blinded argument you just raised. Believe me, the so called big business men are not even seeing enough products to sell, talk more of hoarding it.
So Dangote the sole producer/importer of flour/wheat too no see product?
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by sirp9898(m): 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nigerians masses love to complain
Than to sought for solution no matter how difficult it is.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SarkinYarki: 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
nextstep:

Really? You must catch all your food yourself... the cost of meat is atrocious now

I don't ..I buy all my meat in Lagos from the spar near Nicon town ...I eta only 100 percent meat and it keeps me in mad shape ..I look like US navy seal cheesy..lean meat every where
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Aganju849: 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
stanluiz:
Emifele Is an ika man from Delta State.

Ika is a subgroup of the Igbo

Deal with it already
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by edoairways: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU PPL KEEP CALLIN BUHARI.BUHARI IS NO FINANCE MINISTER,HIS NOT CBN GOVERNOR IS THAT CLEAR? YOU SHOULD BE ASKING ABOUT HIS ECONOMIC TEAM AND POLICY HOLDERS.
WHEN JONA AND OBASANJO WAS THERE THEM CALL OKONJO EVERYDAY! WHEN WHN EVEN IBB WAS THERE HE USED PROF SAM ALUKO (ECONOMIST).
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
MR PRESIDENT BRING IN ECONOMIST WITH INTERNATIONAL CLOUT TO TAKECHARGE AND REVAMP NAIJA ECONOMY TO BOOMS RECOVERY.angryLET OKONJA RECOMMEND. angryMAKE UNA GET SENSE MY NAIJA PPL TO ASK FOR THE RIGHT THING AND STOP D BLAME GAME.
Even if the finance minister is from the moon, nothing will change
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by edoairways: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
sirp9898:
Nigerians masses love to complain
Than to sought for solution no matter how difficult it is.
Not all Nigerians
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by sirp9898(m): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
edoairways:

Not all Nigerians
What are ur solution idea to present nigeria problems if given a chance to solve them
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Yusman316(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Do people actually think that the person that will become president by 2023 will be a magician or what? I don't where they get the idea things will be better after 2023 elections

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by ezewealth(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
RiceProducers:

IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway
Oga, any flour u used baked bread apart from wheat, can never be bread, u can't enjoy it, wheat has this protein called gluten, it makes d dough flexible, soft and easy to proof.
That is y is baker use it 100%, doing Jonathan tenure he mandated millers to incorporate 25% cassava flour. In order to promote cassava flour and reduced overdependence on wheat flour at d end it didn't work, oga if I give cassava flour bread, u fit use am stone me to death.

3 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by CalmElder(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Pulled out of the partnership I was in to co own a bakery since 2019.
You try sef.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tctrills: 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Zenithh:
No more bread

Meanwhile, d cheapest dry anyhow sliced bread u can afford in my area costs 350-400. Slices not even up to 20 grin

Nigerians are wicked...
Your government is evil
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by shegoon: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Uncle! Teach us other ways to source material locally when bandits and kidnappers wont allow farmers to cultivate their lands
RiceProducers:

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by shegoon: 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
It's law of nature "the higher you go, the tougher it becomes". No Nigeria president has ever done better than the predecessors
Yusman316:
Do people actually think that the person that will become president by 2023 will be a magician or what? I don't where they get the idea things will be better after 2023 elections
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tctrills: 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
RiceProducers:

Please stop advising others. You go ahead and start. You could be the one that would crash the price of flour.
But then, I guess you have not tried to start a business in 9ja. If you have, you would know that this country hates startups.
You can't move goods without spending like crazy on the road, there is always one more agency to pay, 9ja is the world's headquarters of touts and you need to settle them, then gov policy would change at any time and make it worst for the business.
But then. Like I said you just might be the lucky one.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by 77star: 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
too bad
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by mkoabiola: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU PPL KEEP CALLIN BUHARI.BUHARI IS NO FINANCE MINISTER,HIS NOT CBN GOVERNOR IS THAT CLEAR? YOU SHOULD BE ASKING ABOUT HIS ECONOMIC TEAM AND POLICY HOLDERS.
WHEN JONA AND OBASANJO WAS THERE THEM CALL OKONJO EVERYDAY! WHEN WHN EVEN IBB WAS THERE HE USED PROF SAM ALUKO (ECONOMIST).
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
MR PRESIDENT BRING IN ECONOMIST WITH INTERNATIONAL CLOUT TO TAKECHARGE AND REVAMP NAIJA ECONOMY TO BOOMS RECOVERY.angryLET OKONJA RECOMMEND. angryMAKE UNA GET SENSE MY NAIJA PPL TO ASK FOR THE RIGHT THING AND STOP D BLAME GAME.
Buhari was elected as d the C in C and not emfiele or zanaib

As d C in C he can show them d exit door

So what ur defense line again
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Zenithh:
If you know that woman in your street that sells puff puff and all of a sudden you stopped seeing around or she suddenly switches to groundnut business, just know that the cost of flour is chasing buyers away.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1445311715281756160.html

Stop hallucinating, Nothing Is ever going to Improve In shiiithole even after 2050. You are Just being delusional for that statement. Close your bakery In peace and let's hear word abeg......

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yusman316:

You need not get worked up too much concerning the Zombies matter. That's how they reason and reason being the nation Is where It Is......
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by mandax: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
No common bread for ordinary people in Nigeria.

Nigeria army roar with tanks on the streets.

Those hunger could not kill, bullet shall kill.

That’s Bubu’s one Nigeria.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by xpee: 1:03am On Oct 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

[s]Go and source your raw material locally or start consuming a substitute.
IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway[/s]

You have said nothing here. Nigeria has been importing since time immemorial and we have not had it this bad. Even the USA, China, UK, Canada, presumed to be developed countries also import more than Nigeria. The difference is that as they import massively, they also export massively. What Nigeria needs to do is to export more to earn foreign currencies. Unfortunately, the present administration is fitting a square peg into a round hole by banning the importation of goods left and right. The focus should be on how to create enabling environment for businesses to thrive and also support industrial growth.
From what we are experiencing now, it is obvious that Buhari & his team know nothing about good governance. They plunged the nation into this mess with their archaic economic policies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tyup(m): 1:21am On Oct 07, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Una go learn ..I warned all of you about this devil called Buhari but you labelled us wailers missing free money

Am I poor now ? Hell now

Has my standard of living dropped ? Hell no

I dey chop bread ? Hell no

I dey chop rice ? Hell no

haha weytin u con dey chop now?? I sure say no be beans cuz that one to don nak 100k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak Destroys EMAB Trade Centre Plaza,Wuse Abuja(photos) / Woolsworth Set To Exit Nigeria. / Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.