Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown (18195 Views)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 26.25 % Amid Soaring Inflation Levels / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by AreaFada2: 1:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Samunique:
Yeah, as it was in 1983\84 so it is now.

Buhari is a disaster !!!

This is exactly what happened during this man military regime .

Bread was unaffordable then, so many bakeries shut down bcs of high cost of flour.

Yep, back in early 2015 when we warned Zone-Bs about 1983-85 repeating itself, they called us Tanoids and clueless.

Who is clueless and hungry now? grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Buhari should stay till 2031 oo. grin cheesy

People who have a covenant with suffering must vote for suffering, no matter the warning. Let them continue. shocked shocked
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tonididdy(m): 1:56am On Oct 07, 2021
Samunique:

Buhari is a disaster !!!

Bread was unaffordable then, so many bakeries shut down bcs of high cost of flour.

It's simple.
Buhari is here to enrich his Farmer friends and family.

Watch as things will normalise again after 2023 (that's if we vote right this time).
Am happy Buhari ruled, am certain Nigerians have learnt a hard lesson, NEVER AGAIN FROM THE NORTH, NEVER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by GboyegaD(m): 2:04am On Oct 07, 2021
Come 2023, we will still make the same mistake.

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tonididdy(m): 2:05am On Oct 07, 2021
ezewealth:

Oga, any flour u used baked bread apart from wheat, can never be bread, u can't enjoy it, wheat has this protein called gluten, it makes d dough flexible, soft and easy to proof.
That is y is baker use it 100%, doing Jonathan tenure he mandated millers to incorporate 25% cassava flour. In order to promote cassava flour and reduced overdependence on wheat flour at d end it didn't work, oga if I give cassava flour bread, u fit use am stone me to death.

See as your be like top Prof chef until the end....

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by tonididdy(m): 2:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Collinsaik:
Nigerians craved for change, so they voted for change. now change has come.grin

Mockery is not the way forward brother.
We are all in the heat.
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by careidon: 2:34am On Oct 07, 2021
Adding poor reporting to our issues. While this price increase is true reporting this way aids misinformation...

No mention of old prices and comparison to the new (%age or others); way out or alternatives; source etc.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Ikmonie92: 2:42am On Oct 07, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU PPL KEEP CALLIN BUHARI.BUHARI IS NO FINANCE MINISTER,HIS NOT CBN GOVERNOR IS THAT CLEAR? YOU SHOULD BE ASKING ABOUT HIS ECONOMIC TEAM AND POLICY HOLDERS.
WHEN JONA AND OBASANJO WAS THERE THEM CALL OKONJO EVERYDAY! WHEN WHN EVEN IBB WAS THERE HE USED PROF SAM ALUKO (ECONOMIST).
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
MR PRESIDENT BRING IN ECONOMIST WITH INTERNATIONAL CLOUT TO TAKECHARGE AND REVAMP NAIJA ECONOMY TO BOOMS RECOVERY.angryLET OKONJA RECOMMEND. angryMAKE UNA GET SENSE MY NAIJA PPL TO ASK FOR THE RIGHT THING AND STOP D BLAME GAME.
Getat

4 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by eenai(m): 3:06am On Oct 07, 2021
History simply being repeated. We warned but they did not listen.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Metrofox(m): 3:23am On Oct 07, 2021
Buhari could ban oxygen tomorrow and Nigerians would ask if they can breathe nitrogen as an alternative..

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by InHeaven(m): 3:35am On Oct 07, 2021
Yet he refused to layoff those economic disasters in his Government.

One thing I noticed about Buhari is that, he's being given false news about the citizens, he doesn't know Nigerians are really suffering if one take note from all his broadcasts

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Bizibi(m): 4:03am On Oct 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

Go and source your raw material locally or start consuming a substitute.
IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway
your iq is low....

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Bar1941(m): 4:18am On Oct 07, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Una go learn ..I warned all of you about this devil called Buhari but you labelled us wailers missing free money

Am I poor now ? Hell now

Has my standard of living dropped ? Hell no

I dey chop bread ? Hell no

I dey chop rice ? Hell no

Wetin you come dey chop? Stone I guess!
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by hansomb: 4:29am On Oct 07, 2021
Christistruth00:

There is a reason Daura is a Desert
Dubai is also a different desert too. There's something about Africa that I will try too research about.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Afolabimills(m): 4:48am On Oct 07, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU PPL KEEP CALLIN BUHARI.BUHARI IS NO FINANCE MINISTER,HIS NOT CBN GOVERNOR IS THAT CLEAR? YOU SHOULD BE ASKING ABOUT HIS ECONOMIC TEAM AND POLICY HOLDERS.
WHEN JONA AND OBASANJO WAS THERE THEM CALL OKONJO EVERYDAY! WHEN WHN EVEN IBB WAS THERE HE USED PROF SAM ALUKO (ECONOMIST).
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED who ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
MR PRESIDENT BRING IN ECONOMIST WITH INTERNATIONAL CLOUT TO TAKECHARGE AND REVAMP NAIJA ECONOMY TO BOOMS RECOVERY.angryLET OKONJA RECOMMEND. angryMAKE UNA GET SENSE MY NAIJA PPL TO ASK FOR THE RIGHT THING AND STOP D BLAME GAME.
who the president?
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by grandstar(m): 5:30am On Oct 07, 2021
The truth about import bans should be said.

When government bans a product,,what it really does is to destroy an efficient supply chain replacing it with a bad one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Hello, wey the morafokas wey Carry GEJ coffin,den don drop am dey find beans to chop,e no go good ooo angry
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by monsterseed: 6:44am On Oct 07, 2021
Oga, if tinz good na d head go take d glory, so as tinz bad so ehn, make d head still take kam. it's as simple as calculus na.
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NIGERIA NEEDS OYIBO-TRAINED ECONOMIST WEY E HEAD CORRECT.CLAMOUR FOR WORLDCLASS ECONOMISTS!NOT DULLARD LIKE ZAINABI.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by zombieHUNTER: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

IQ is low if you want USD to be low and still consume imported wheat at low prices. IQ is generally low in Nigeria anyway

Please believe me when I say you are absolutely mad...

Seek help
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by AlexB300: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2021
BigBashiru:

we don't need oyinbo trained economist that's inferiority complex.

Africans have been doing well without Europeans for a really long time.
we just need funds to be injected to boost productivity. Make dem sha no steal the funds. Also, make insecurity reduce, make farmers return
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Clinghton: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2021
And he claims to fight crime, make things easy by providing the necessary social amenities and watch how crime would reduce.

Tackle the problem from the root.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by ADude(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

Pls be kind enough to tell us some of the vital changes or value you have contributed in your designated work area?
I'm waiting sir...
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SavageResponse(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2021
Samunique:

Buhari is a disaster !!!

So you people knew all these yet you still voted for him in 2015... grin

Someone who was not able to multiply the number of his cows from 150 in over 3 years does not have the capacity to grow the economy of a country

2 Likes

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by femicyrus(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2021
If buhari should contest the seat of Nigerian president today, he will still win with more than 15m votes out of over 200m Nigerians.
All those with various Lamentations over his bambiala economic policy would say their votes won't count and hence stay away to vote during BBNaija while miscreants who only needs #5k once in 4 years would take over the stage.
I voted for sowore in the last election and waited till the end when the results were counted. Sowore scored 1 vote in my polling unit which of course is an evidence my vote counted.
Buhari's only solutions to Nigeria's problems is to borrow and blame middle men.
I hope some people will learn from this excruciating buhari experience to come out to elect positive leaders when the time comes.
Buhari is going nowhere before 2023 which is enough time for Nigerians to have a rethink about their attitude when electing leaders.
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Blackfriday: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Zenithh:

So Dangote the sole producer/importer of flour/wheat too no see product?
Dangote is not the sole importer of wheat and dangote do not manufacture flour. The problem is with our FX, the government and CBN should fix the problem.

For the past 6 months, flour, sugar, Vegetable/soya oil have had a steady 100% increase WoW. Today a bag of 50kg flour from FMN/Crown flour/Honeywell flour sales for 19,900 to distributors and ranging 20,100 - 20,400 from distributors to bakeries but believe me by this time next week, flour will sale at almost 21,000-21,400
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by millionboi(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Una go learn ..I warned all of you about this devil called Buhari but you labelled us wailers missing free money

Am I poor now ? Hell now

Has my standard of living dropped ? Hell no

I dey chop bread ? Hell no

I dey chop rice ? Hell no

u mean u don't like rice?
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by millionboi(m): 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
kindlyheart:
why not reduce the size of your bread or increase the price. I think that will be better than closing down.
u will need a new shape of tools to do that.

1 Like

Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SarkinYarki: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
millionboi:
u mean u don't like rice?

I never chop rice in almost 3 years
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by millionboi(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
SarkinYarki:

what have you been eating.....and hope you are serious
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by kindlyheart: 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
millionboi:
u will need a new shape of tools to do that.

yea... my baker neighbor told me that
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by Zenithh: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
SarkinYarki:

LIAR grin
Re: Soaring Cost Of Flour: Bakeries Begin Shutdown by SarkinYarki: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Zenithh:

LIAR grin

No lie oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak Destroys EMAB Trade Centre Plaza,Wuse Abuja(photos) / Woolsworth Set To Exit Nigeria. / Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.