Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF (12194 Views)

Anyim Pius Anyim Seeks Buhari's Protection: 'They Are After Me' / Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report / Letter From Anyim Pius Anyim To Jonathan, Former President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by chamber2(m): 3:34am On May 31, 2011
I strongly believe the Igbo's ought to have presented a much stronger candidate for this position.And why must we recycle old politicians who have had their own fair share of the 'National cake'.The rich getting richer or a deal of the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know?.

And who can that be?Anyim is suitable for this position and i applaud his appointment.GEJ carry go!
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by chamber2(m): 3:39am On May 31, 2011
The responsibilities of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF, are as follows :

i) Coordinating policy design and formulation by Ministries, Departments and Agencies for approval by Government;
ii) Serving as Secretary to the Council of State, the Federal Executive Council and other
Constitutional Councils, which are chaired by the President;
iii) Coordinating the activities of Ministries and Government Agencies on the implementation of Government decisions, policies and programmes
iv) Dealing with constitutional, political and socio-economic matters as may be referred to the Presidency;
v) Administrative Tribunals, Commissions and Panels of Enquiry; vi) Coordinating national security and public safety matters;
vii) National Honours Award
viii) Prerogative of Mercy
ix) Protocol Matters
x) Channeling of papers and directives of the President;
xi) Processing and granting Government approval for Overseas Tours, Intergovernmental Meetings/Conferences, medical check-up/treatment by Public Officers;
xii) Processing requests for Overseas Duty Tours/Conferences including medical check-up/treatment abroad for members of the Judiciary, Chairmen and Members of Statutory Commissions/Bodies for approval by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
xiii) Coordinating the appointments to Headship of Statutory Bodies, Commissions and Agencies by the President;
xiv) Dealing with matters relating to conditions of service of political office holders;
xv) Intergovernmental Affairs and relations with State and Local Governments;
xvi) Liaison with Secretaries to State Governments;
xvii) Allocation of office accommodation to Political Office Holders.

In discharging the aforementioned responsibilities, the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation is structured into the following Offices, each headed by a Permanent Secretary.  There are six of such offices:
*Cabinet Secretariat;
*General Services Office;
*Political Affairs Office;
*Economic Affairs Office;
*Special Services Office;
*Special Duties Office;

Then there is the supervisory roles that have also been lumped together in that office and the list is legion. The following Parastatals/Agencies are supervised by the Office of the SGF:
i) Ecological Fund
ii) National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP)
iii) National Economic Intelligence Committee
iv) Presidential Advisory Council
v) Code of Conduct Tribunal
vi) Code of Conduct Bureau
vii) Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency
viii) National Hospital
ix) Federal Road Safety Commission
x) National Commission for Refugees
xi) Nigerian National Volunteer Service (NNVS)
xii)Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
xiii) South-South Health Care Programme
xiv) National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA)
xv) National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC)
xvi) Ministry of Special Duties
xvii) Secretariat of the Presidential Council (PAC)
xviii) Secretariat of the Presidential Committee on National Identification Systems, Consumer Credit and Outsourcing initiative
xix) Galaxy backbone
xx) NIMC
xxi) Christian Pilgrims Commission
xxii) National Hajj Commission

What then does the president do?Attending owambe parties abi?Nigeria with unnecessary duplication of duties and yet we complain of the high cost of running government.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by member479760: 4:45am On May 31, 2011
So, GEJ still recycling those trach. He must be awarded a new title - waste management chief
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by lagbaja(m): 5:51am On May 31, 2011
a government is as strong as its weakest link. Anyim is fat, clumsy and slow. the SGF office is very demanding and should be occupied by an able bodied person.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by dempeople(m): 5:57am On May 31, 2011
alj_harem:

you and onlytruth do just like him because he does not like obj or because of something else

jason123:

Definitely. I have nothing against Anyim, in fact, I was in Nigeria when he was the Senate president cheesy.

As you said, at least its not Maduekwe because that guy is one self hating guy. He has nothing good to offer except being OBJ's ear in Asorock. As for Nwodo, man, you cannot blame that guy. The "powers" against him were over overwhelming from BOTH SIDES.
All in all, that is one aspect of National politics that has been done and dusted.

Well. To me, the only reason why he was chosen is to be able to play the intricate politics that the SGF position has become over the years otherwise, an intellectual with some organizing skills, would have done the trick. Ojo Maduekwe is smarter than Anyim but due to his perceived unpopularity, it may have worked against him.

Other better candidates with better political sagacious tendencies are people like Ben Obi and Ken Nnamani. Nnamani might not have made the short list due to his leaning favourably to a Northern candidate during the primaries.

GEJ has made his choice. We'll see how it works out.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by 13volts(m): 6:19am On May 31, 2011
where is the fresh air ?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by chamber2(m): 6:43am On May 31, 2011
where is the fresh air ?

Must you comment?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by aljharem3: 6:56am On May 31, 2011
13volts:

where is the fresh air ?

it's in aso rock

i dey laff o

chamber2:

Must you comment?

must YOU comment , he asked where is fresh air because it is still the same people that have been ruling since 1999 that GEJ is putting back on to rule again
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by EkoIle1: 6:57am On May 31, 2011
13volts:

where is the fresh air ?

That was nothing but another redundant and meaningless campaign slogan, it's still the same stale characters, stench and odious air polluting every corner of Nigeria.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by karlmax2: 7:11am On May 31, 2011
Welldone GEJ ure the man
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by chamber2(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2011
That was nothing but another redundant and meaningless campaign slogan, it's still the same stale characters, stench and odious air polluting every corner of Nigeria.

I ask again, who is better?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Nobody: 7:38am On May 31, 2011
Lets face it, anyim is fit following his scandaless past. lets support him and stop the criticism.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by stormm: 7:53am On May 31, 2011
lagbaja:

a government is as strong as its weakest link. Anyim is fat, clumsy and slow. the SGF office is very demanding and should be occupied by an able bodied person.

Good point there. Very uninspiring tenure as Senate President. Had loads of corruption baggage during his tenure and did NOT bother to re-contest.

People should do more research. Nigeria does not need an Anyim at this time.

But why is there always a problem with the SE when it comes to appointments of national importance, always promoting corruptible tendencies.

For GEJ, Fresh Foul Air indeed.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Calculia: 8:20am On May 31, 2011
Nice choice GEJ, this guy will do all the practical work of MR President just fine. Congratulation Anyim on becoming the Principal Presidential Administrator. Do us Proud!!
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by OmoTier1(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2011
Does it bother anyone that it appears by this appointment that the office of the SFG is now an office to be occuppied by career politicians?

For goodness sake, isn't this position the 'heartbeat' of any government which in all seriousness ought to be headed by a seasoned technocrat with vast experience in civil service?

Along side our politicians, has it not dawn on us nigerians that the civil service is seriously primed for a ground sweep reform, hence the need for a seasoned technocrat as SFG to work another seasoned technocrat in the person of the HEAD OF SERVICE so that good policy frame work can be developed and more importantly, implemented thrust!

Since the office of the SFG is on the one hand,responsible for the development of the policy framework of the government and the office of the HOS on the other hand is responsible for the delivery of the policies with thrust, wouldn't it be thoughtful that both occupants of the two offices should be seasoned technocrats?

Ayim may not be a bad choice but I have serious reservations about having a career politician as the SFG.

In all, I pray him, Ayim doesn't get carried away with 'power' that comes with that office but rather, let him sit-in (like the out going SFG) as do a crank shaft, working round the clock turning the turbines of government with optimal performance!
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by dustydee: 8:44am On May 31, 2011
Anyim: from No. 3 man to No.??
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by monopolist: 8:45am On May 31, 2011
We want FRESH AIR AND FRESH GOD-FEARING HANDS in Government.

We are tired of recycling same old experienced politicians.

We need new young God fearing hands so Nigeria can move forward.

We don't want selfish opportunists anymore in Nigeria.

Let the God fearing Youth handle Governance and add value to the Nation

We need Courageous Leaders who can confront, combat and overcome corrupters and corruption in Nigeria

We need people who can restore the Glory and dignity of our dying Nation.

We need Positive and Progressive Action at all levels

We don't need politicians, we need God-fearing Visionaries and purpose driven Technocrats.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by monopolist: 8:46am On May 31, 2011
We want FRESH AIR AND FRESH GOD-FEARING HANDS in Government.

We are tired of recycling same old 'experienced' politicians.

We need new young God fearing hands so Nigeria can move forward.

We don't want selfish opportunists anymore in Nigeria.

Let the God fearing Youth handle Governance and add value to the Nation

We need Courageous Leaders who can confront, combat and overcome corrupters and corruption in Nigeria

We need people who can restore the Glory and dignity of our dying Nation.

We need Positive and Progressive Action at all levels

We don't need politicians, we need God-fearing Visionaries and purpose driven Technocrats.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by monopolist: 8:57am On May 31, 2011
We need COURAGEOUS VISIONARY LEADERS WHO CAN COLLECT ALL THE STOLEN WEALTH OF THE NIGERIAN NATION

We need COURAGEOUS DISCIPLINED AND COMPASSIONATE LEADERS WHO CAN COMBAT AND OVERCOME THE FOLLOWING:

1. FOOD INSECURITY
2. POWER OUTAGE
3. CORRUPTION COMPETITION
4. LOOTING, FRAUD, LOOTERS, MONEY LAUNDERING, OIL BUNKERS & SABOTEURS, CONTRACT INFLATION, TRIBALISM, TERRORISM, CANNIBALISM, RITUAL KILLINGS, GOD-FATHERISM, DESPOTISM, NEPOTISM, ROBBERY, EXTORTION
5. HEALTHCARE, EDUCATIONAL, HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION DECADENCE
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by OmoTier1(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2011
On a lighter note; as the SENATE PRESIDENT OF NL SENATE,

Distinguished fellow NLers, may I use my good chair, to put the appointment, vetting and confirmation of Ayim Pius Ayim as the new SFG to a VOICE VOTE!

For those in favour of the appointment, vetting and confirmation of Ayim as the NEW SFG say YEAAAA! Those against say Naahhhhhh!

*hammer*, I didn't hear that well, distinguished Sen. Ken Nnemani can you switch off your mic please grin grin  grin  grin
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Calculia: 9:01am On May 31, 2011
dustydee:

Anyim: from No. 3 man to No.??

To still No. 3  behind the vice President in the executive arm of government. Some would even argue that he is No .2 since the Vice President is in a sense just a spare part to be called upon in the absence of the President. GEJ has done it again, just a shame it took us this long to catch up as usual.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by agitator: 9:02am On May 31, 2011
what is the position of Hilary Clinton in US administration?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Nobody: 9:06am On May 31, 2011
WITH ALL THE HYPE ABOUT FRESH AIR AND HERE WE ARE WITH SAME OLD STALE POLITICIANS BEING RECYCLE LIKE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN RULE NIGERIA cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I WONDER WHAT SLOW AND FLAPY ANYIM CAN DO SERVING AS A SENIOR NWA BOI TO GEJ

BEEF PLS COME AND TELL US HOW 'FRESH' THIS AIR IS.

ANYWAY I SEE YOU HAVE CHANGED FROM FRESH AIR TO LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING - YOU ARE RIGHT MAN ANY HOW E BE, WE GO SURVIVE!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by justokey(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2011
Welcome to Aso Rock Recycling and Transmutation Plant
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by JahMan1: 9:15am On May 31, 2011
1. I detest those turning this post into tribal thread.I have said it here time and again that appointing a SEner as senate president,speaker,VP,SGF,name it is not what will benefit the lot of the SE.It only benefits the individual and his associates.

2.If I was to appoint anyone from SE as SGF,I will be as confused as GEJ and might need inputs from people,even if it means consulting Ohaneze.There are many competent and qualified people from the area.

3.The choice of Anyim is so much in order for just one simple reason: A northerner/muslim associate that is so much conversant with the politics and corruption in Nigeria was once castigating the southerners/christians and our hypocrisy.After mentioning a whole lot of us and what crimes we have committed,he said "the only christian I have seen among you guys is Anyim Pius Anyim".I took that home and was very pleased with Anyim because when your rival/opponent/enemy tells you you are good,better believe him/her.Before some of you will rush to show me the many sins of Anyim,I am not calling him an angel yet.

4.If I am to choose only a candidate for president of this country and it must be from the SE,Anyim will readily come to mind,then Rochas.

Having said that,I believe that GEJ is wise enough to choose for himself the SGF that will work with him.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by monopolist: 9:17am On May 31, 2011
In this era of TRANSFORMATION

Let's drop 'REFORMERS' and enthrone 'STEP-UP TRANSFORMERS' that will lift Nigeria from a 4,000MW Economy into 14,000MW.

A TRANSFORMER WILL EITHER STEP UP POWER SUPPLY OR STEP IT DOWN
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Nobody: 9:19am On May 31, 2011
monopolist:

We need COURAGEOUS VISIONARY LEADERS WHO CAN COLLECT ALL THE STOLEN WEALTH OF THE NIGERIAN NATION

We need COURAGEOUS DISCIPLINED AND COMPASSIONATE LEADERS WHO CAN COMBAT AND OVERCOME THE FOLLOWING:

1. FOOD INSECURITY
2. POWER OUTAGE
3. CORRUPTION COMPETITION
4. LOOTING, FRAUD, LOOTERS, MONEY LAUNDERING, OIL BUNKERS & SABOTEURS, CONTRACT INFLATION, TRIBALISM, TERRORISM, CANNIBALISM, RITUAL KILLINGS, GOD-FATHERISM, DESPOTISM, NEPOTISM, ROBBERY, EXTORTION
5. HEALTHCARE, EDUCATIONAL, HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION DECADENCE

You lost the opportunity of having such a leader in April 2011 presidential election - and as it stands now, it will be very difficult to find a Nigerian who will combat all the above listed without being compromised by his or present/past record of corrupt involvement in one or more of the above.

I will advice u to make do with whatever you get as a Nigerian cause its now obvious, Nigerians have proved beyond reasonable doubt that a nation deserves the leaders they get[especially applicable in Nigeria].
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by houvest: 9:20am On May 31, 2011
Anyim is a good man with character who stood up to OBJ and dealt with Arthur Nzeribe. It appears GEJ is slowly becoming his own man by appointing someone OBJ would not agree to but who is an Ohaneze candidate. My only problem here is that the office of the SFG is being gradually politicised like that of Perm Secs. Shouldn't career civil servants rise naturally through the ranks to that position? It would not look neat for Anyim, a lawyer, to be removed tomorrow because of lack of experience on the job except he is seen as a politician that should get the technical hands work under him but of course that could lead to him being secretly undermined. Rochas' appointment of an ex-VC as  his SSG appears more proper. But all in all an above average appointment.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by KnowAll(m): 9:23am On May 31, 2011
The man looks too fat for the job, I hope he doesn’t have a heart-attack when he gets there. Most Nigeria big men “ na to chop and die dem sabi” I wish him the best of luck.
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by Nobody: 9:32am On May 31, 2011
We can't just break away from recycling. Can we?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by houvest: 9:51am On May 31, 2011
[b]The responsibilities of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF, are as follows :

i) Coordinating policy design and formulation by Ministries, Departments and Agencies for approval by Government;
ii) Serving as Secretary to the Council of State, the Federal Executive Council and other
Constitutional Councils, which are chaired by the President;
iii) Coordinating the activities of Ministries and Government Agencies on the implementation of Government decisions, policies and programmes
iv) Dealing with constitutional, political and socio-economic matters as may be referred to the Presidency;
v) Administrative Tribunals, Commissions and Panels of Enquiry; vi) Coordinating national security and public safety matters;
vii) National Honours Award
viii) Prerogative of Mercy
ix) Protocol Matters
x) Channeling of papers and directives of the President;
xi) Processing and granting Government approval for Overseas Tours, Intergovernmental Meetings/Conferences, medical check-up/treatment by Public Officers;
xii) Processing requests for Overseas Duty Tours/Conferences including medical check-up/treatment abroad for members of the Judiciary, Chairmen and Members of Statutory Commissions/Bodies for approval by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
xiii) Coordinating the appointments to Headship of Statutory Bodies, Commissions and Agencies by the President;
xiv) Dealing with matters relating to conditions of service of political office holders;
xv) Intergovernmental Affairs and relations with State and Local Governments;
xvi) Liaison with Secretaries to State Governments;
xvii) Allocation of office accommodation to Political Office Holders.

In discharging the aforementioned responsibilities, the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation is structured into the following Offices, each headed by a Permanent Secretary. There are six of such offices:
*Cabinet Secretariat;
*General Services Office;
*Political Affairs Office;
*Economic Affairs Office;
*Special Services Office;
*Special Duties Office;

Then there is the supervisory roles that have also been lumped together in that office and the list is legion. The following Parastatals/Agencies are supervised by the Office of the SGF:
i) Ecological Fund
ii) National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP)
iii) National Economic Intelligence Committee
iv) Presidential Advisory Council
v) Code of Conduct Tribunal
vi) Code of Conduct Bureau
vii) Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency
viii) National Hospital
ix) Federal Road Safety Commission
x) National Commission for Refugees
xi) Nigerian National Volunteer Service (NNVS)
xii)Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
xiii) South-South Health Care Programme
xiv) National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA)
xv) National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC)
xvi) Ministry of Special Duties
xvii) Secretariat of the Presidential Council (PAC)
xviii) Secretariat of the Presidential Committee on National Identification Systems, Consumer Credit and Outsourcing initiative
xix) Galaxy backbone
xx) NIMC
xxi) Christian Pilgrims Commission
xxii) National Hajj Commission[/b]

Wow! this job description is seriously intimidating. Will he succeed in getting the SE back into the civil service to a respectable level since after the civil war?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim Appointed SGF by mbulela: 10:16am On May 31, 2011
This seems like a square peg for a round hole.
This position needs a technocrat, a seasoned policy administrator not a career politician with a bland and unimpressive CV.
Is it that there was non of such from the SE or there was non who is in the good books of the power that be?
GEJ needs to cast his net wider in coming selections.
Wishing APA all the best,i hope he delivers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Yet To Recognise Abdullahi Adamu As APC National Chairman / Gov Ugwuanyi Declares Curfew In Two Council Areas In Enugu / Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.