Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? (5755 Views)

Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating / Buhari, Obama, Cameron Other World Leaders To Discuss Boko Haram On Monday |PICS / Are Right Handed Leaders Special Breed ? E.g Lincoln, Churchill, Jakande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by NJV: 7:45pm On May 31, 2011
I noticed during d last inauguration on May 29th that vice-president Sambo is left-handed too.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by aieromon(m): 7:49pm On May 31, 2011
Here we go with the hand again!To all the lefties,enjoy while to all the righties. . . .well,you're just there.
Feels good to be regarded as a special being.FULL STOP
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Theblessed(f): 8:09pm On May 31, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Absolutely, bunkum!

Joseph son of Jacob was never a leftie yet, he ruled from the pit to a kings table in a foreign land - that's what we call 'A special Breed'.  Not a couple of just emerged men trying to look after their own pockets and make names for themselvs along the way, in politics.

Please, can anyone remind me of their achievements in their respective countries, let alone a foreign land!

Arrrrrrh!!  Another special breed is David, the last son of Jesse - chosen by God and anointed to lead Isreal.  Amid, sibling rivalry and jealousy from his own elder brothers.  Does it surprise anyone?  So, because, one is the elder in the family therefore, the onus fall on him to lead, eh?  Naaaaaah!!!  

That goes to show that leaders are born and not made - with all the gifts/qualities naturally set or deposited in their being from birth, that made them 'special' above anyone else.  Though, anyone can call themselves a leader by copying all the qualities of a born leader yet, they're are not real.  The difference is, a gift is a gift and a fake is just that - a fake just as we have them today!
[/size][/b]
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by vislabraye(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2011
Story story. . . I love hearing speculation like this. The other day, a Japanese man said black women are less attractive than white. This is similar. grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by ausbones(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2011
much ado about left handed people as much as there are left handed there are also righthanded. i dont see how that impacts on great leadership or inventions so lets concentrate on personal development
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Tsiya(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2011
Just find all the great leaders and intelligent people you know that are left handed, and then the remaining are all right handed. How about that for a statistics?

There are more right handed people in this world than left handed owing to cultural preference.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by lagcity(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2011
YES. lefties are indeed special. the brain works differently in lefties and they are overrepresented among world leaders, athletes and geniuses in science and art. Also they seem to be overrrepresented among people with learning disabilities too. so left handedness seems to push people to extremes: either you are very intelligent or very dull. there's no need to be jealous of lefties. just work with what you have.

I thank God for my dad's vision and smart thinking: my primary one teacher tried to change me to right hand and my dad scared the sh.it out of him. i'm a happy man today for that decision.

Not only Yorubas frown on lefties, Arabs too seem to have a problem with it. My girlfriend's dad (moroccan) freaked out when i was invited for dinner and i picked the fork with my left hand. i no send the old man abeg. tongue grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by MeGaStReEt: 9:55pm On May 31, 2011
Yes! we are
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Marinah(f): 10:06pm On May 31, 2011
Been right handed or left handed has little or nothing to do with been a special breed.
It would be more preferrable if the statement goes like this 'Most of the famous leaders we have, happen to be left-handed''.
We have numerous successful leaders who had no share on the side of fame - and they are right handed, likewise we also have famous right handed leaders who are not over-glorified.
No denying the fact that the genetic make-up of left-handed people might have given them an edge in certain areas, right-handed ones have also not been found lacking in the concerned areas.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by jumobi1(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2011
So as leader, Obama is spectacular?
Becoming a President was spectacular but since being president, he hasn't been spectacular.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by chelseabmw(m): 10:42pm On May 31, 2011
i think i will learn how to use my left hand now grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 01, 2011
There is a direct correlation between left-handed people and brain efficiency! All the left-handed people i know are very smart, so i do somewhat believe they are a special breed! I am right handed before anyone accuses me of whateva,
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Tolulop001(f): 1:47am On Jun 01, 2011
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Absolutely, bunkum!

[/size]

why the hell do you have to post this way? it really is irritating.
is this the only way you can pass your message across?
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by mrofficial(m): 1:58am On Jun 01, 2011
^^ Don't mind her, she's just hating.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by ebony4life(f): 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
engineerd:

There is a direct correlation between left-handed people and brain efficiency!
I agree with this so why do we try to re-configure what the CREATOR has done.

I laugh when I hear mothers say they'll beat their child to a pulp if he/she is all round left-handed. Tis funny how culture has made being left-handed a taboo. I can't recall anywhere in the Bible or Qur'an where God gave instructions on what we should use the left or right hand for. Whatever you use your hands to do won't you wash it off? So when some people will come up with rules on what to use your hands to do, tis pointless.

If I stir my soup with my left hand and you refuse to eat you neva hungry! tongue
In fact I know of two very good left-handed cooks, so what the fuss?

There's nothing special with the hands its just because we've been used to the right-hand use so we think any left-handed child is 'special'. cool
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2011
it all depends. I have a dullard classmate who was left handed. But in most cases left handed people are very intelligent. and the bad part is they usually have a shorter life span.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by md4real(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

it all depends. I have a dullard classmate who was left handed. But in most cases left handed people are very intelligent. and the bad part is they usually have a shorter life span.
guy park well o.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2011
md4real:

guy park well o.

I am serious
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by ektbear: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
Doesn't really look like left-handed folk have a shorter life expectancy: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_true_that_left-handed_people_have_a_shorter_life_expectancy_than_right-handed_people

Though some research here seems to indicate that they might: http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/05/01/us-left-handed-idUSCOL14739020070501

Anyway, it is what it is. Better to live a shorter, more impactful life than a long but meaningless one grin
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by PurestBoy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
Even most armed robbers are lefty too
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

Doesn't really look like left-handed folk have a shorter life expectancy: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_true_that_left-handed_people_have_a_shorter_life_expectancy_than_right-handed_people

Though some research here seems to indicate that they might: http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/05/01/us-left-handed-idUSCOL14739020070501

Anyway, it is what it is. Better to live a shorter, more impactful life than a long but meaningless one grin

true that
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by md4real(m): 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2011
PurestBoy:

Even most armed robbers are lefty too
leftys are good at what they do, good or bad.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by md4real(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2011
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
The poster is left brained
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by lagcity(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
the annoying thing is that even some "educated" people just can't get rid of superstitions in their head. not long ago during a little party, i was scooping up soup from the pot with a long soup spoon and the girl behind me said, "that is not good, the soup will get sour if you use your left hand." that bi.tch had a degree in biochemistry. i was shocked.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by mrofficial(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2011
^^She's dumb. cheesy

I've been using my left hand to scoop soup for a decade and never made any soup to sour. She should kick herself in the butt and let off that old yeye logic. It belonged to the old-fashioned people. worst is that, it's not true! sad
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by nuslock(f): 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
Another lefty in the house.

The bible even recognises this fact. Check out Judges 3:15.

It is really shocking most time when I get to meet Semi-Demi literate people who insist I change my hand when handling things over. I was almost turned a dullard when my mum insisted I change my hand luck smiled on my grades when my granpa kicked against it. It calls for a total re branding of d brain.
Lefties are just one in a million.
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Brisingr(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2011
polar bears are left handed undecided
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Iolo(m): 8:32am On Mar 19, 2012
J12: Trash! My goat is also left handed

Meaning
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by nthony10: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
Bill gates is left handed, look at his impact
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by ejanla077: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
Our minister of darkness is left handed..

Its not rocket science to make light available...
Re: Obama, Cameron, Fashola: Are Left -Handed Leaders A Special Breed? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
BUHARI IS LEFT HANDED TOO....THE NEW ONE IS RIGHT HANDED

DAVID CAMERON

BARACK OBAMA

FASHOLA

WHAT DID THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON

THEY BROUGHT BUHARI TO POWER BY ALL MEANS(that tells you all you need to know about left handed people in politics)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians / Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram / Voters At Oredo LGA Accuse INEC Of Using Fake Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.