Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,774 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase (19118 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by ibrutex(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2021
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

15 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2021
It's up to you. Then again it depends largely on the kind of person your spouse is. If she's the leechy type, you know what to do.. if shes the prudent type, you know what to do.

As for me, I'm not usually after or particular about someones income because im not ready to disclose mine. So long as you carry out your financial responsibilities as at when due, no qualms.

Yey!!!
First to comment on a financial increment post.

I dedicate this FTC to my finances. More increase to and in my finances in Jesus name.
Amen!!!!!!

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by chatinent: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Sonnobax15(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2021
lipsrsealed
Normally,if na home wey love dey,that one no suppose to be issue because na good news be that.....
But if na home wey love no dey,just know say if you mistakenly make that mistake,na from that day you use your own hand dig your own grave lipsrsealed

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bola146(f): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2021
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by MufasaLion: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2021
It's nobody's business.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by lilvicky68(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2021
Omo no na.. grin

Make she no come dey calculate my spendings..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by olamidedivotee(f): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2021
It depend on the kind of spouse.

There is
I need 50k to retouch my hair spouse.
And Baby lets invest this money spouse.

In case, anyone need a content writer. Check my signature.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by DropsMic(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021

Na only mumu aka Simps dey marry liability

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bsc(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Her attitudes and demand frequency upon knowledge of my previous salary would determine whether or not to inform her.
If she's isn't demanding, I would immediately share the good news, if she's demanding then I will keep it to myself.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by stalwart123(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
grin
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Atikulated: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
She knows my current and will always know the future.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Moyinoluwa35(f): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
No
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Hapinex01: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Yes I will.
It's not a big deal

3 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by vibbb: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Naturally some women are selfish in nature: But as a man their are lots of stuff you would practically want to do via extended family that should be done without any permission or explanation from spouse. So the additional increment can conveniently sort that out silently. Some family run on a budget that is so tight without considering extended family which is too bad, both spouses should always consider reaching out to their immediate family without compromising their budget.

32 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by ATEAMS: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Uche face your work o

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Mykelslim: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
As a business man, I don't even tell myself how much I own, e come be spouse.

Maka lackluster spending grin

8 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by femi4: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
No, not even the current one

Damn niggar....over to you

7 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by slawormiir: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2021
No way I'm letting her know, money magnifies problem,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by drennie(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2021
hear to read and learn

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Vinnie2000(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2021
If she is a Trustworthy and financial Supporting Wife, You should!
The role of A Good Wife in a man's development cannot be Overemphasized smiley

But If she is a Leech, ever demanding Wife, DO NOT TRY IT! sad angry
Even if such a Wife discovers, Lock up and Give her any Flimsy Excuse for ur Action! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Guyman02: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2021
My wife too like money, she will increase her demand more than the increment.
I have been out of job due to the impact of Covid 19, because I knew I worked in a private sector with no guaranteed job security I didn't inform her of the salary upgrade, I just started a gradual phased increase in luxury at home without raising suspicion of extra income.

When the company owners downsized I was affected but the impact was not felt much at home for the period I was searching for what else to do, I saved the increment for the rainy day which helped in maintaining stability at home.

Imagine if I had informed her, she would insist that I spend it on changing school for the kids as she has been planning, send more money to relations etc and then when I was relieved from my job katakata for don burst, perhaps I would have come to Nairaland to seek for advice on what to do and begging Lala to move it to front page for the elders to comment on how I can pay my kids school fees or withdraw them to another school. shocked

It all depends on how well you know your spouse, if he/she is the considerate type that won't put pressure on you because of increment then you have to open up, but if you live with the opposite just respect yourself to have peace of mind at home and continue with your responsibilities responsibly with the salary he/she knows until the atmosphere is conducive to share the information

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by qtguru(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2021
I do, cuz sometimes you need advice from a partner. It depends on the spouse though

4 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Dididrumz(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
Maybe
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
yes but no
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by WibusJaga: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021

Ideally your spouse should know all about your salary + any increments. But there are exceptions in certain cases.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by iscom(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
I think everything depends on the strength of the relationship. Like the one i have presently i won't ooo. I no dey for trouble, make i sell my power banks jeje

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by UltimateStarman: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

marriage is about love
you should tell her
being open to your spouse is part of love

3 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by justdogitto: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
Depending on the kind of wife you have....
Some wives are chop and chop without thinking of tomorrow...If you have that kind of wife wisdom demands that as a man that you withold such information for your sanity sake...

But If you have my type of wife, a loving and caring woman, even more frugal than me, then you can download all your financial information to her....Infact she will help you manage it well....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by BigDawsNet: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2021
Let me give you my scope

If I got increments I will inform her! But with not the right figure...

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / Retirement In Nigeria: How Much Does One Need To Have? / Female LAWMA Driver Spotted In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.