Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase (19161 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by descarado: 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
Everybody here is claiming married or working when we know more than 90% of them are jobless.
When you start working and in marriage for a least 5 yrs, you will be qualified to air your view on this matter.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
Transparency on all fronts is a level of intimacy coup les should aspire to.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by GentlePEACE: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , dowt your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Would you tell her if their is an increment and how much is added??

7twtwp8wt
Well! To mt9pte I wouldn't let hewptxptr know if their is increment because I tpu9pcan't let somepone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

w8
Maybe8tptp I acted wrongly , neqtwptpt99ptwptwptwtwed your reasons.

Op it depend on your spouse and how she react to money. As at when i was dating my ex, i can never make that mistake, somebody thats keeps asking me if ive been paid even b4 salary day, so as to demand a share, like we both work for it. But this my present gf knows everything, she helps me plan. I will be getting a piece of land soon, tnx to her. She knows when my next promotion will be. My pastor's wife do receive his salary in her acct.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Vinnie2000(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Frakintayo post=106583171:
Income is one the sensitive issues of life. It should be kept secret more often than not. Whenever you inform someone (your spouse, siblings, friends, mentors, children, lawyer, doctor, pastor) about increment in your earnings. You are exposed already, be ready to manage the effects of such action.

I have Already Screenshot dis ur Comment, Sir!! smiley
Great words of Wisdom!

Even when I won small N3500 in Bet9ja and went to announce it on FB, I felt some Envy from pple.. shocked embarassed

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by cooooooks(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
Strangers living together.

Couples must plan their finances together.

My wife will know and we will decide that that increment is better off in a savings or investing account.

Build together.

ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

Maybe I acted wrongly , need your reasons.

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Psoul:

We have to be sincere here.
I have read some people saying if it is where love and peace is, that telling her will not be a problem.
Well, this is not a matter of bn in love or not. Once a woman knows that there are still more, they will keep asking

Let me tell u my strategy. Fortunately, I have a very wonderful wife that is very hard working and very much financial disciplined even more than me.
When I got my Employment Letter. I edited it and put the amount I want her to believe to be my salary.
When salary comes, I give her what is her monthly allowance and for domestic upkeep.
I save from what is remaining plus the extra she did not know about.
That money should not be used for frivolous things. (If you are keeping this extra money don't use it for silly things).
From that time I gave her that money, she will find it difficult to ask me for big money cos she beliv that the little that remains for me will not even be enough for me after taking care of major family bills. She go even dey pity me how I am coping.

Sometime, I will ask her, Babe, lets go for outing. She will be like, Abeg, from which money do u expect us to pay for what we will take if you go for outing. Is it from the money for upkeep or that little that is remaining for you. Abeg, if you feel like taking alcohol, let me go and buy for you and we will sit down here in the house and enjoy it. I go just dey laf inside me.

Then, wen emergency comes, she will be like, Honey, how are we going to handle this issue now. There is no money here now. I will just tell her to calm down that God has never disappointed us for once. Let me rally round and see what I can do. That will be the time I will dip hand into that extra money I did not tell her about my salary and solve the problem. This always make have have strong respect for me cos she will beliv that I am not bn wasteful with my money.

If I get 2 promotions, I will tell her about one. Use the other one as back up.

So for me, don't tell your wife all the money you earn, but make sure you don't spend the money on useless things. Use it to better your family.

Badt guy. grin You go to lenghts editing a letter just to hide your take-home from madam. This Your own strong o.

That's a smart one though but with too much lies. cool
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ofolete: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
When Nigerian government increase your salary especially under Buhari, it is increase = tax. Only the shame of the 419 will not allow you to tell your spouse. If you doubt it verify from the staff of any federal university around you.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by helen4(f): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
We don't hide such things at all. I just told him mine. I know his financial strength. I know what and when he spends his money and vice versa.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by adedayoa2(f): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Home where there is love and trust it is no issue
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Michcole: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Dshocker:

You guys are trying,i can't leave on a salary or work for someone

Like buhari, governors, ministers etal doesn't work for Nigerians abi
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Dollywood(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Let me give you my scope

Sample

I earn Official job $4,000/per
Extra over time job $1,800/per

My wife should believe I earn $2,800/per and $700 respectively

If I got increments I will inform her! But with not the right figure...

I'm doing this not to punish her or I because I don't trust her...

But I believe in emergency saving...I will drop this funds into the account

Who asked you to mention your salary on a public forum, who are you trying to intimidate here?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Signum(f): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yes smiley
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bahamas95(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
I won't make that mistake no matter how nice she is.

I can love my wife but nothing will make me trust her 100%

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by jerk: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
I think it depends on your spouse, you know whom you married so the decision is on you.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by sleemomymy: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
You will do that at Your own risk. cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by GboyegaD(m): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
It depends on how you run your finances. We both know what we earn since pay day is constant. We agree on what to pay ourselves personally and the remaining is used jointly to finance the home and other savings/investments. So an increase will first be known by one another.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by iRepNaija1: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:
To start with , do your spouse know how much your salary is at the end of the month..

Well! To me I wouldn't let her know if their is increment because I can't let someone finish the salary for me before I received , last last she will still be the one that take most share...

I don't agree with this. If you're hesitating to tell your spouse that you got an increase in your salary, then you have bigger problems, OP.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by 6ixT8: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
ibrutex:

Telling her would make her respect dor youe increase.

This is wowen psychology.

Are are exposing to us how your marriage is built on deceit. undecided
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Gfskw: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
No
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Dujardin(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
I still feel guilty of not telling my wife that I got a raise of 40% this past month.

Yeah guilty cos she's the "let's invest" type, we build a house before getting a vehicle type, but I'll still end up telling her sha.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by oluwasegun007(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
Sure! I don't pray I should marry liability or enemy of progress,. He MUST know, we are no more two but one. After God na him grin

After reading your comment I rushed to see your DP maybe I'll see your face , but I was dissapointed cry
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
tell who?! teller nunnn!!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Kendrick80(m): 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Teletubies
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by uruego(f): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Not at all i
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by Bimpe29: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
She knows the salary I earn.

As for the increment, she will definitely know as well.

Not letting your spouse know your financial capacity creates more problem than it solves.

If you think she will finish the money if she knows your financial worth, then you are not only in charge of the relationship but lack command and control on what happens.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by newdawn2017(f): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
MufasaLion:

It's nobody's business.
it's ur spouse's business in Jesus name.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by 5thcolm(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
Dshocker:

You guys are trying,i can't leave on a salary or work for someone

That doesn't mean you earn or have more peace of mind than those who work for someone.

Whichever way, at least you work for your customers. And you are more responsible for your customers than those working for someone.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase by muller101(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bola146:
See trap grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

English Language Test At The U.s. Embassy - Administrative Clerk / Nairalander Wins Employee Of The Month Award In UAE / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.