Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79233 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Sabaugo(f): 3:55am On Oct 23, 2019
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Mood11: 4:30am On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous, begin find work another place.

Say na Missionary School doesn't take away the fact that there are some Very Wicked Personalities waiting for who to devour..

Shine your eyes,
"Reverend Sister" is only a Title.. It doesn't make her a saint

These days, It is only in Missionary Position you receive adequate Missionary Treatment grin

867 Likes 35 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by OluwaWizzy(m): 4:40am On Oct 23, 2019
Sorry about whatever you are going through in your workplace.

How did you get the job? Referral or
When you were offered the job, didn't you get the job brief or JD that will help you determine your work activities/load.

Again, who is the head at the place you work? If the said lady reports to a superior then you should talk to the superior.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Florblu(f): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2019
Why is she still holding grudges against you after deducting your salary?

Moreover, i think it's too early for you to demand for an increase in salary. Common, you have only worked for one week. Before taking the job, you have the option of negotiating to an amount you feel should be okay for you. I believe you were told the things you will be doing during the course of the interview and i expect you to have a knowledge of what the workload will look like already.

Put in more effort, create an impression you are indispensable and then you can demand for an increase.

290 Likes 14 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Sabaugo(f): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Florblu:

Moreover, i think it's too early for you to demand for an increase in salary. Common, you have only worked for one week. Before taking the job, you have the option of negotiating to an amount you feel should be okay for you. I believe you were told the things you will be doing during the course of the interview and i expect you to have a knowledge of what the workload will look like already.

Put in more effort, create an impression you are indispensable and then you can demand for an increase.
Yes. She did but she did not tell the actual no of students. I issued 4,000 deposit slip to students within that one week. I never expected that.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ehix89(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
What i don't understand how working for an organization to add value means that the organization is doing you a favour when you're not begging for money.

I absolutely dislike the idea of people treating me like trash. Except you don't believe in your ability and potential.

Save up some money and set up something you could live off while searching for a better place where your value will be appreciated rather than ridiculed.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Sabaugo(f): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2019
OluwaWizzy:
Sorry about whatever you are going through in your workplace.

How did you get the job? Referral or
When you were offered the job, didn't you get the job brief or JD that will help you determine your work activities/load.

Again, who is the head at the place you work? If the said lady reports to a superior then you should talk to the superior.

I got the job by merit and she is the superior. No other person I can report to except the Archbishop and I don't want to take it that level. Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Sabaugo(f): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2019
ehix89:
What i don't understand is how working for an organization to add value means the organization is doing you a favour when you're not begging for money, i absolutely dislike the idea of people treating me like trash. Except you don't believe in your ability and potential. Save some money and set up something you could live off while searching for a better place where your value will be appreciated rather than ridicled .
Thank you for your sincere advice. Am working towards that.

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by 7pages(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Yes. She did but she did not tell the actual no of students. I issued 4,000 deposit slip to students within that one week. I never expected that.

sis, I Don't know what you want graduate working in factories should say, if you called this workload

people that are jobless like me are ready to even issue 50,000 deposit slip. those that have been jobless like me can relate

just continue doing your work without paying attention to her attitude. I guess she's not giving you face so that you won't bring another complaint. even the new job you might be hoping to get, do you know their conditions and terms?

215 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by enemachris(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2019
It's always easy to talk when u are not involved. Too much mouth, they will give you the job now then you go blank. undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by femi4: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly. As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home.
I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k. I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money. She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!
Thanks in anticipation
Coming from a Reverend Sister.....indeed, the heart of a man is desperately wicked

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by sylvez(m): 9:40am On Oct 23, 2019
I need to hear from the Reverend sister first before I comment.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by EvilPOTATO(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got the job by merit and she is the superior. No other person I can report to except the Archbishop and I don't want to take it that level. Thank you
if you do that, you will lose that job... Just put in your best. Everything will settle.
But the problem about working in schools is that you won't get the opportunity to go for other interviews.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Larryfest(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2019
For me i think op acted too early by asking for an increment even before the end of the month but then according to her the workload is more than the money which i believe only she can determine that, as for your madam not forgiving and her crude behavior towards you i think it's common with all this over religious kind of people they don't forgive and they don't forget as well, i wonder the kind of Holy book they read from..

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Robisky001(m): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2019
Asking for pay rise when you're barely a month old is highly disappointing of you. Like someone already stated above didn't you read through your offer letter and the job description? Well shall, desperation can make one do the unthinkable. Be it as it may, put in efforts and continue discharging your duties effectively and efficiently.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by mkoabiola: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2019
L
Sabaugo:
I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly. As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home.
I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k. I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money. She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!
Thanks in anticipation
If u are in Lagos...
So sorry to hear this.

I gat a chop of 60K for u.....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Maryclaire1(f): 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
I'm in support with others view, it is way too early for you asking for a raise and probably the Rev.sister feels you aren't grateful for the opportunity given to you.prove her wrong, give her time to get use to your kinda person and at the same time look for another job if you don't like there.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Poorboy: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
Village people, try and pray you will overcome it..... The step you took to asked for additional salary less than a month is so annoying, irritating and can provoke even Angels.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by komzy589(m): 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
To demand for increase in salary after one week is crude and shows how naive u re of a work environment. Your employer has shown absolute kindness to employ u back. Your job should be to impress her and show that you were just being naive and that u know better now.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by alexmakaay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
Thanks in anticipation

sweetheart, you FEEL you are dying in silence, but it is not so. ..think about it this way: were it better you continue staying at home?.. I know some that do freelancing (no pay).. I understand the work load is much on you, but please hold on.. it might be a blessing in disguise. The real deal may emerge from this ugly situation. stay strong.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by jom28gy(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
I discovered that,man is the arcthitete of his or her making, while working there, look for alternative means

6 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Solsix(m): 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
You got a job of 45k in this present Nigeria and less than one week you demaded for salary increase that doesn't speak well of you. Be grateful for what you have, if am an employer I wouldn't want to work with someone like you.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Goalnaldo(m): 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
You, demanding increment after just one week doesn't sound responsible. But Reverend sisters shall, if you can't forgive people, I wonder what part of the Bible, you are reading. If they invigilate you for exam na die.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hi, it’s a tough world out there! Two options ; keep greeting even if she ignores while you handle your Job like a bitch and be damn good at it. Or Quits.

11 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by RenHub: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Stop looking for friendship in your workplace. You are there for the hustle. See it as a means for you to develope yourself. Tbh you were too forward.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Freemanbobble: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Okay
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by realestniggah: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Who ask for an increase after one week of work.. Really.. The woman probably felt.. If you can ask for an increase so soon.. Who know what other demands you are gonna be making in future

48 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by enshi(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
pray she doesn't see this post too

Else that's another 10 deduction

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by efeteb: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Mightyhaiz: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lazy yoot..

With this your English,u see person wen prepare to pay you 45k you still dey bicker.. You no serious cheesy

20 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
i tire o... if na me sef na firing straight up
Florblu:

9 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by lalasticlala(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
enshi:
pray she doesn't see this post too

Lol

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.