Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,648 members, 7,851,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP (18441 Views)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / Is FG Secretly Trading Bitcoin? (PHOTOS) / Abacha Loot: FG Secretly Pays Malami’s Lawyers ‘Dubious’ $15m Fees - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by saddler: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2021
We know na
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by candidbabe(f): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2021
APC has finished Nigerians angry angry
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by greatiyk4u(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2021
Nsogbu
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2021
Not just electricity...

Gas... Food... VAT... Call rates... Data... Just name it!!!

All of una go hear am for this nation!

...And it will progressively get worse!!!

Your leaders can't be borrowing so recklessly, and you expect not to be taxed to death!!! The Middle Class has already vanished in Nigeria today.

So, if you are not WEALTHY (earning at least 1 Million a month), don't kid yourself that you are in a certain "Middle"! You are just one more tax, Vat, or Tariff away from borrowing to feed!!! tongue

3 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by YourhealthNG2(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2021
We know but we are helpless..
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2021
candidbabe:
APC has finished Nigerians angry angry

Yeah...

Well, PDP laid the foundation for them... If they had brains, they would have at least sustained the little left by the former rogues. But, their cluelessness and greed completely destroyed any chance the nation ever had to come out of the economic bottomless pit!!!
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by joshtooxplicit: 11:05am On Oct 12, 2021
Ehen, I was saying it..the Unit I saw on my Meter reader Today is shocking. From over 240 unit last week. How will the Common man cope like this. Cold Pure water and Bottle water go add money na, even cost of production should increase. Funny Government
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 12, 2021
"We all can dream about having a fried egg for breakfast ,however we have to consider all the processes that goes with it;;;;
The oil;
The fire;
The turning and spinning
The mother chicken that have lost her chicks
The elites and the rulling class are the major problems of Nigeria .
Theyve created a system that have captured ,trapped all of us
They have created a constitution to enslave us, exploit us to enriched themselves ,and there families
using ;a Fulani Fuedal -cum -unitary system of government.
We are not citizens of Nigeria; but mere indigenes;
We have no ; citizenship rights ;
All indigenous Nigerians are victims;
Northerners; including the Fulanis are victims too;
All southerners are victims ;
Nigeria elites ;doesn't ! give us citizenship,because if we are citizens;
The Nigeria state ;police or her military ;will not take our lives ;without consequences.
Our votes will be counted;
Our fundamental human rights; will be protected;
Our leaders will be held accountable to us;
We the people ;
will be participants; in the drafting ;of our constitution;

We have selected Emirs; as elected officials; in all our government apparatus -Theve milked our fathers dry;
Now they are milking us dry too;
The elites -I mean (All our religious leaders,All our selected/elected political representatives)
We have to demand for our citizenship first;
by making sure ;that our own indigenous elites; are held accountable to us; onward -No more selected appiontments,we have to take back our rights; via -a new constitution;
The magna-cartar (Social contract) rule;
Must be in place before any region; can be called a nation - We the people never signed a social contract with Nigeria , so we are mere indigenes ;

Moreover; calling for Referendum will be difficult ;because these thieves (Elites- class) will not give us a referendum, people that cannot conduct a mere free and fair local government election,seriously! they obviously ,ommitted that word (Referendum) on purpose in the fake *1999 constitution* .
Our oppressors ;will not relinquish; there power over to us ;easily -We the people have to unite ;together

No more ethnic, religious, rancor; and divisions,they enjoy whenever ;we fight among ourselves,
All of us are ;victims of the situation;
The elite class have no religion, or tribe
We have to be united ;just like our oppressors;

no tribe or religion
Rather one team;
One fight;
One nation;
I dont want them to keep killing us ;
Enough is enough ;
They are united in Killing us, weaponizing poverty
Let us unite ; Please.
One love ;
Peace.

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Arizonaz: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2021
I think is time to stop Reading news.

2 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by fijabs(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2021
Simplythebest:
I noticed that cus i use to recharge 2k for 3 weeks but the last one i did lasted for 2 weeks and i was wondering what else i use apart from normal things i have been using. May God save us from this evil leaders
2k for 3weeks, na only phone you dey charge?

5 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Wokenaija: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Useless people in power!
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by BigYash: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Paradigms:
The victory of the oppressor lies on the silence of the oppressed
This is it.. Let's Nigerians keep on suffering in silence. Its only RatGrillz that doesn't pay electricity bills in Nigeria. He and his likes get it for free ,cux they support evil... cheesy That one no dey fit buy data post rubbish as before again.. He never see chumchin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Kajaard: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2021
fijabs:
2k for 3weeks, na only phone you dey charge?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2021
Well, for those who actually read the article

He said: “Electricity tariff reforms with service-based tariff has led to collections from the electricity sector(rising) by 63 per cent, increasing revenue assurance for gas producers and stabilising the value chain.

“It is anticipated that all electricity market revenues will be obtained from the market, with limited subsidy from next year as reforms in metering and efficiency with the DisCos (distribution companies) to improve.

“To accelerated investment in transmission and distribution, over $3 billion will be put into this sub-segment of the electricity value chain that will put us on the path to delivering 10 gigawatts through the interventions of the Central Bank of Nigeria/Siemens partnership, World Bank and Africa Development Bank, and others.”

Essentially, the government is reducing subsides on power (which have been there from 2013 and even before)...because the metering project has been expanded to cover all houses.

In the end this manifests as an increase in prices for power.

It is the only way we can improve power...by allowing DISCOS and GENCOS to control the pricing of power...so that they can make enough of a profit to improve things.

Especially as right now power companies are meeting 11% of demand. Only way to improve demand is to imrpove supply...and only way to improve supply is MONEY.

2 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by vikgreen01(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2021
Firstly, is that why we cannot recharge from the comfort of our home with apps rather than to go and queue in their office.
Secondly, there’s no longer 1k prepaid subscription. May God help us on this country.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2021
9jah:
"We all can dream about having a fried egg for breakfast ,however we have to consider all the processes that goes with it;;;;

So basically the announcement that power companies are going to charge market reflective rates is what is making you write this epistle.

Tell me, if you were a businessman, would you accept government controlling the price of what you sell, and by extension forcing you to sell at a loss making price, so that 'the poor can be helped'

We don't have power because for years power has been sold at a loss in this country.

Better you read this independent report.: Solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector. GOOGLE for it. Below is a page from that report.

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by arantess: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2021
B3sty:
Hope it's not true

you will notice it with prepaid meter
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by numericalguy(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
cybersoldiers:
The handiwork of VICE PRESIDENT OSINBANJO, FASHOLA AND TINUBU....

IPOB dog spoted
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by arantess: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
Arizonaz:
I think is time to stop Reading news.
yea just bury your head in the sand
everything will go away just like that
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2021
vikgreen01:
Firstly, is that why we cannot recharge from the comfort of our home with apps rather than to go and queue in their office.
Secondly, there’s no longer 1k prepaid subscription. May God help us on this country.

Actually one can recharge at home using apps.

Check google play for the Buypower.ng app...that's what I use. Also, you can use apps like Quickteller to pay for power in some localities. Once you pay on the app, you get a recharge code...to enter into your meter

Also check your DISCO's site for a list of available online vendors/payment options.

Infact, I haven't been to a DISCO office since 2017 December ever since I discovered apps like Buypower.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by movid(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2021
athaboi:
I only have one problem with this light of a thing...I swear, I will pay as high as 20k per month if the light is there. But no light and you are increasing the tariff?? Na fire go consume Buhari
This country get as e be. Meanwhile infection is not good for the body. Clean your vagina with Yoni pearls.. Whats app 07037852077. It's affordable
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by house10s: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2021
almost every one is ending with may God save us from....

aren't u people tired of always saying that? knowing fully well u d creator of ur own problem.

the next election na una go still dey shout apc n pdp because every other party nah house party.

plz leave God out of this, Monday to sunday churches are always open yet no impact.
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by athaboi(f): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2021
movid:
This country get as e be. Meanwhile infection is not good for the body. Clean your vagina with Yoni pearls.. Whats app 07037852077. It's affordable
thank you but my Vagina is clean

2 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by shakyum: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2021
100 naira unit used to be 3.00 but now is 1.90
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by bigpicture001: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2021
athaboi:
I only have one problem with this light of a thing...I swear, I will pay as high as 20k per month if the light is there. But no light and you are increasing the tariff?? Na fire go consume Buhari

Sister bring ur foot to the ground... I manage a compound where ppl boast like this and God helping.. NEPA changed and the light became minimum 15 hours per day.. the Nepa bill surged and it's now required that each flat pay 18k permonth.... Come and see that lady and dragging and argument for Nigeria ... I really was schocked. Hence I learnt anithy one.. don't take Nigerian seriously!

2 Likes

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Rickylambert: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2021
Angelfrost:
Not just electricity...

Gas... Food... VAT... Call rates... Data... Just name it!!!

All of una go hear am for this nation!

...And it will progressively get worse!!!

Your leaders can't be borrowing so recklessly, and you expect not to be taxed to death!!! The Middle Class has already vanished in Nigeria today.

So, if you are not WEALTHY (earning at least 1 Million a month), don't kid yourself that you are in a certain "Middle"! You are just one more tax, Vat, or Tariff away from borrowing to feed!!! tongue
Bro data own na obvious
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Buhari should return Nigeria to where she picked her from

Sadly, this is already beyond him...

Even the best technocrats will struggle come 2023!!! No magic can save this nation from this economic devastation Buhari has brought upon her. Not even the best brains in the world.

The first step to any survival of this nation is Total or at least Partial (55%) Debt Forgiveness, followed by aggressive shrinking of all government (State and federal) expenditure... Add massive cut down of imports, and the nation will be back on track.

Anything else, forget it!!! It will merely be a vicious cycle of economic retrogression.

That's why I believe we should be demanding to know why or what Tinubu and those already campaigning towards 2023 have to offer.

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by CuteEmma(f): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2021
Simplythebest:
I noticed that cus i use to recharge 2k for 3 weeks but the last one i did lasted for 2 weeks and i was wondering what else i use apart from normal things i have been using. May God save us from this evil leaders
Hmmm, liar. How did a 2% hike translate to 33.3% reduction in usage??
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Picker28: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2021
The 3k I use to by for my meter at 92.4unit
Is 24.1. Nigerians are suffering seriously

1 Like

Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by VULCAN(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2021
It's your mum that pays your electricity bill so you don't feel it.

But one day you will be on your own.

Moferere:

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra
Re: FG Secretly Raises Electricity Tariff - LEADERSHIP by Celly2020: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2021
I thought you are talking about unknown gun men that is y I quickly click to read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators Oppose Subsidy Removal / Supreme Court To Decide Kano, 6 Other Governorship Cases Tomorrow / Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.