Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors (18419 Views)

No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
have you guys listened to christine Amanpour's interview with goodluck jonathan?

I think jonathan's grammatical errors  and accent are just too embarrassing and scary.

what do u guys think?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by linuxuser(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
What i see is that you are just a nuisance. You have not listened to the whole interview which is currently been aired (8.17 pm) and yet you are too quick to make a judgement. Is English a Nigerian Language? Use your head my friend.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Sunofgod(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
Poster - What about all your own grammatical errors in the title of your post?

Possibly you attended the same schools as Jonathan?

He's a product of the Nigerian educational system.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
Is that all you got from the interview? Abeg no be english man go survive with.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by violent(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
I don't give a chicken ballz about his grammer!

Only the british can lay total claim to English!
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
His english is not presidential at all, at least yara dua has an A in that area.

see  where jonathan dey pronounce question as "quesion".

A PhD holder should not be embarrassing us this way. embarassed
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Osama10(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2010
@Poster

Thats all you could deduce from the whole interview,shame on you.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Beaf: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Why do we always ask the wrong questions?

The only questions we should be asking are;
1. Can he understand the average Nigerian?
2. Can he deliver on his promises to the average Nigerian?

I wonder which past Nigerian leader had great diction or didn't make errors. Rubbish. angry
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2010
Osama10:

@Poster

Thats all you could deduce from the whole interview,shame on you.

@ osama

i do not have time to banter words with you okay.

he made very important points in the interview, but his performance was seriously marred by his thick Ijaw accent and grammatical errors
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
We should all know that a good leader builds up his charisma by being able to speak good english.

when you speak attractively well, people easily get carried along and would be prepared to follow you all the way.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Beaf: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

@ osama

i do not have time to banter words with you okay.

he made very important points in the interview, but his performance was seriously marred by his thick Ijaw accent and grammatical errors

What a joker. sad

Hmmmm! Doesn't Obj have an accent and make grammatical errors? Wasn't Yar'Adua possessed of the thickest accent and the poorest grammer, all delivererd in the dullest manner?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
With due respect to the A-President, We dont need to attach too much to this.
let us cut him some slack
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by violent(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
Okay, Bankole speaks good English, question is, how has that benefited Nigerians?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2010
violent:

Okay, Bankole speaks good English, question is, how has that benefited Nigerians?

Lol . . .
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Beaf: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

We should all know that  a good leader builds up his charisma by being able to speak good english.

when you speak attractively well, people easily get carried along and would be prepared to follow you all the way.

Damn!
Charlie, we aren't English!
In any event, how do you know Jonathan doesn't speak perfect Ijaw or Igbo and maybe Yoruba?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2010
Beaf:

What a joker. sad

Hmmmm! Doesn't Obj have an accent and make grammatical errors? Wasn't Yar'Adua possessed of the thickest accent and the poorest grammer, all delivererd in the dullest manner?

my brother,
Obj makes  grammatical errors but he flows with the occasion, and his errors are excusable because of his  level of education,
yara adua has thick northern accents, but u and i know that northern accent is better than Southern Accent.

Man, Goodluck is  PHd holder, there are mistakes he should not make with his level of education and exposure.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Beaf: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

my brother,
Obj makes  grammatical errors but he flows with the occasion, and his errors are excusable because of his  level of education,
yara adua has thick northern accents, but u and i know that northern accent is better than Southern Accent.

Man, Goodluck is  PHd holder, there are mistakes he should not make with his level of education and exposure.

Now your inferiority complex shines like the sun.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2010
Beaf:

Now your inferiority complex shines like the sun.

And who told u i come from the south or north
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

my brother,

Na wa oh
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ mobuch,  is he not an ijaw man? must he speak with an english accent? see colonial slave! i pity you, you have a long way to go, have you ever heard a norwegian speak english? how does it sound? mumu,  amanpour interveiwed the turkish prime minister today as well, with an interpreter!!!! dead mind.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by safeact(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
@poster,na ur papa n mama no sabi speak english! I think u are of d people that caused our problem in nigeria. Oh, i see u inherited it from ur fathers. When we are discursing on how to move nigeria forward, u r busy bringing up irrelevant and nonsensical issues here. If i look up ur school records, i will not be surprise that u nearly escaped fail in ur GS and even in ur jamb,u didnt score up to 30marks! MR PERFECT!
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
safeact:

@poster,na your papa n mama no sabi speak english! I think u are of d people that caused our problem in nigeria. Oh, i see u inherited it from your fathers. When we are discursing on how to move nigeria forward, u r busy bringing up irrelevant and nonsensical issues here. If i look up your school records, i will not be surprise that u nearly escaped fail in your GS and even in your jamb,u didnt score up to 30marks! MR PERFECT!

And all that was necessary?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
safeact:

@poster,na your papa n mama no sabi speak english! I think u are of d people that caused our problem in nigeria. Oh, i see u inherited it from your fathers. When we are discursing on how to move nigeria forward, u r busy bringing up irrelevant and nonsensical issues here. If i look up your school records, i will not be surprise that u nearly escaped fail in your GS and even in your jamb,u didnt score up to 30marks! MR PERFECT!
df2006:

@ mobuch,  is he not an ijaw man? must he speak with an english accent? see colonial slave! i pity you, you have a long way to go, have you ever heard a norwegian speak english? how does it sound? mumu,  amanpour interveiwed the turkish prime minister today as well, with an interpreter!!!! dead mind.

Why cant people make sensible arguments without using insulting words

we are here to share views, not insult people's parents okay.?/
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And all that was necessary?

of course i failed JAMB once, so wats d big deal??
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
This is one reason why we have been backward. The white folks spend their time researching, learning and inventing, while we spend our time reading dictionary from front to back page believing its what makes a man great. Nonsense.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Sunofgod(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2010
PS:

There are many Nigerians past and present with superb oratory skills.

Its an art that's not normally taught in a classroom.

Does anybody think Obama was born speaking the way he does - No way!

He's been taught the art.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

Why cant people make sensible arguments without using insulting words

we are here to share views, not insult people's parents okay.?/

with this kind of mindset, there is nothing to argue with you.  don,t try this kind of thing in public again, you hear?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by safeact(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
Pls aisha, duty calls! Are u already at sleep? Lock up d damn thread! @poster, what other insult is bigger than what u said and posted about ur president, MR I TOO SABI?
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
Sun of god:

PS:

There are many Nigerians past and presnt with superb oratory skills.

Its an art that's not normally taught in a classroom.

Does anybody think Obama was born speaking the way he does - No way!

He's been taught the art.

Then i implore Jonathan to learn the art, if he wants to be a better  and a charismatic leader.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Sunofgod(m): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
He simply needs to brush up

He looked nervous and was trying to use words he doesn't use on a daily basis.

With time he will improve - if he takes time out to improve himself.

Being a world leader requires numerous skills - Not just a Phd in one field!
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by hbabe(f): 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
mobuch:

have you guys listened to christine Amanpour's interview with goodluck jonathan?

I think jonathan's grammatical errors  and accent are just too embarrassing and scary.
what do u guys think?

I understood what he was saying and so did Christine Amanpour; and not once did she need him to repeat his statement.  He is a Nigerian, an Ijaw man for that matter so what accent did you expect him to have? Dutch or French?  
As someone has pointed out already, he did not need an interpreter and that shows he communicated well.
Re: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan And His Too Many Grammatical Errors by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
Sun of god:

He simply needs to brush up

He looked nervous and was trying to use words he doesn't use on a daily basis.

With time he will improve - if he takes time out to improve himself.

Being a world leader requires numerous skills - Not just a Phd in one field!

My brother,

you have said it well, i wont be surprised if u are a prof,

i really appreciate the very sensible opinion you have just made.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Osun Govt May Stop Free Feeding Of School Children / Winners Of World’s First Most Beautiful Vagina Contest Announced / Fulani Threat Of War Is Fake- Muric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.