Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last (678 Views)

E-money House Is Learning Work See My Fine House - PHOTOS / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. / 'my Baby Dont Need To Work' - See All I Bought For Her Enjoyment (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last by Teespeaks: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
A good number of people hold the belief that long distance relationships do not work out. People around you who went into one might end up being broken. However, this doesn't dispute the fact that long distance relationships work out for many people.
To start with, anyone embarking on a long distance relationship should know that it's not going to be easy. Due to the distance, you might feel lonely despite having a partner.

1.Stay away from unhealthy jealousy
Jealousy in a relationship can be healthy or unhealthy. Healthy in the sense that it's minimal and can be controlled, it's a proof that you truly love the person. However, if jealousy is too much, it becomes unhealthy. Unhealthy jealousy has ruined several relationships. If you are in a long distance relationship, you will reach a stage where you suspect your partner is cheating. Thoughts like this are usually caused by unhealthy jealousy. You only feel that way because you are not around your partner and you are jealous. NEVER conclude that your partner is cheating without good proofs.

2. Communicate effectively with your partner
If you see a long distance relationship that is blooming, it is as a result of the effective communication between both parties. Frequent communication is inevitable if you want a long distance relationship to work. The good news is that technology and the advent of social media has made this easier. You can chat, call and make a video call with someone who is thousands of kilometers away from you. You need to communicate so as to stay in contact with your partner.

https://www.relguide.com/2021/10/how-to-make-long-distance-relationship.html

What's your take about long distance relationships? Let's hear them out
Re: Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last by pansophist(m): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Only be in a long-distance relationship when the relationship is already established, for example, you have been married/dating for years and will be separated momentarily. But if you meet someone and enter a long-distance relationship, you are just fooling yourself, especially if you are a man. The benefits women derive from association with men are material, and can be fulfilled regardless of distance.

For men, it is sex, and that cannot be fulfilled if she is far away. So as a man, you are more likely to send her money, spend calling time, and other resources, while she benefits and you get nothing in return. Don't do that.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last by Markbartra: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
I fell in love with a girl I met completely by chance. I never thought I would be ready to start a long-distance relationship. It didn't make sense to me. How I could only see a girl on the Internet or talk on the phone . I often talked to people after work. I shared my problems and successes. That's where I met my love. We communicated every day. Then we started communicating via video link. I had opportunities to cheat on her. Since I have a lot of friends of friends. But for me, it is not right. I think that if we started a relationship, we should do everything to develop it.
Re: Long distance relationships don't work? See How to make Yours Last by MufasaLion: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
So people still fall for it? grin

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) These Are The 3 Most Beautiful Hollywood Actresses / .. / 30 PLUS Guys In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.