Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 (4603 Views)

Electricity Tariffs To Be Raised Upon Power Stability—buhari / The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 / 7 Most Commonly Used Words In January 2012 In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by sirjec(m): 12:20am On Jun 03, 2011
lastpage:

I dont mind paying #100,000 for electricity EVERY MONTH, if that is what l have used!

Let me have a Pre-Paid Meter and let me "manage my own cost" myself!
Put me in Prison then, if l fail to pay!

But to think you can impose just any amount on me because "You're Government", ITS A JOKE!

The issue is not about whether Nigerians pay, like to pay or dont pay for electricity. That is arrant nonsense!

What we should all be protesting for, is that the Pre-Paid Meter be made available to those who want it (if you cant make it standard for everyone).
Why are they hiding the Meters?

'Cos it has exposed the "fathom Bills" that they bring every month, light or no-light!

The sad part is that most Nigerians are too dumb and too cowardly, to demand forcefully, for what is rightfully theirs!
Just too dumb set of humans. angry angry

BTW: I was out of the country for 6weeks (House was completely empty and Change-Over switch was off Nepa-source, for safety reasons) and yet PHCN brought bill of #38,000 for 4weeks of those six weeks!

Now tell me, is it PHCN GHOSTS that were using electricity in my home, DURING MY ABSENCE? Fecking Rogues!

My dear you must be living in and industry or a company for your monthly bill to be up to 38k. Well I'm also a victim. I was away for 8months, when I came back I saw bill for that 8 months and the meter did not actually move an inch. When I checked the meter reading they used to calculate my bills, behold it was estimated. Funny enough I had to pay cos they insisted I had to and was cutting me off incessantly.

They only thing I was the President to do is to remove immunity from them so that we can sue them when they misbehave.

Funny enough, despite all these criminal monies they force out from people, they still don't make money at the end of the year.

NEPA, PHCN is just a money making venture for some few individuals. But we must conquer at last
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by efisher(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2011
One of the benefits of the prepaid meter is that it encourages smart consumers to conserve their usage. This in turn will help reduce the load by an appreciable extent. The estimated bills and the like encourage waste. Mine is a perfect example. Before I got the prepaid meter, I maximized my consumption by putting on the heater always, putting all my fans and ac's on full blast, leaving my security lights on all day etc. Back then, PHCN used to give me estimated bills of up to 6k a month. I had paid for the prepaid meter but wasn't given any for months. When it got out of hand, I fought them to a standstill.

Now that the prepaid meter has been installed, I minimize my consumption. Today, I consume less than N1,000 worth of power a month. I only have to pay an extra maintenance fee of just over N1000 per month (for a 3 phase meter). I also do not have to pay every month. I pay once in 3 months.

If the system is well implemented and regulated properly, Nigerians will enjoy better availability. I believe that even without building new power plants, implementation of energy saving systems along with the prepaid system can help improve power availability by more than 20%.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by Tasma: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2011
It's very sad that things have to be this way in this country. It's obvious that the way to go is with pre-paid meters. Everyone knows that. The estimated billing system leaves room for all types of fraud. It's either that bills are inflated hugely to take advantage of perceived "wealthy" persons or some people are allowed to use electricity for years with no charges.

There is an wide path that seems right to man i.e. plenty of "easy" money by doing wrong. The present government must be courageous enough to take the bull by the horns and fight this sad situation.

Knowing what is right to do is one thing, having the moral fortitude to carry it out is another.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by dustydee: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
sirjec:

My dear you must be living in and industry or a company for your monthly bill to be up to 38k. Well I'm also a victim. I was away for 8months, when I came back I saw bill for that 8 months and the meter did not actually move an inch. When I checked the meter reading they used to calculate my bills, behold it was estimated. Funny enough I had to pay cos they insisted I had to and was cutting me off incessantly.

They only thing I was the President to do is to remove immunity from them so that we can sue them when they misbehave.

Funny enough, despite all these criminal monies they force out from people, they still don't make money at the end of the year.

NEPA, PHCN is just a money making venture for some few individuals. But we must conquer at last
Prepaid meter is the solution. I pay 6000 monthly on my prepaid meter and that's cos power is pretty stable where I live.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by thoth: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
There are two things you people should note, When you people sit on your asses and allow the foreign capitalists to buy up your Power Generation Facilities in the guise of Privatisation, You will all suffer, they will manipulate your President to sign bills that will allow then to increase the tariff to the point that the ordinary citizen can no longer afford the bill, and mind you the electricity produced will never increase.
Secondly, until each state is allowed to generate it's own power and collect and set its own tariff, until each citizen has the free right to produce electricity and join the Power grid, until the masses totally free themselves from the grip of western capitalists trying to strangle the most resilient Nation in Africa, until then Nigeria will continue to fall, and those evil men will continue to fan and strengthen and penetrate your nation with Corruption.
Thanks.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by Showab1: 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
I am seriously tired for this PHCN people, they bring a fixed amount of bill every month and the consumers are not getting the corresponding services, Even if there is no power supply for the whole month. Is this not robbery of the highest order?

It is only few consumers that uses a pre paid meter that pays for what they consume.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by DisGuy: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
thoth:

There are two things you people should note, When you people sit on your asses and [b]allow the foreign capitalists to buy up your Power Generation [/b]Facilities in the guise of Privatisation, You will all suffer, they will manipulate your President to sign bills that will allow then to increase the tariff to the point that the ordinary citizen can no longer afford the bill, and mind you the electricity produced will never increase.
Secondly, until each state is allowed to generate it's own power and collect and set its own tariff, until each citizen has the free right to produce electricity and join the Power grid, until the masses totally free themselves from the grip of western capitalists trying to strangle the most resilient Nation in Africa, until then Nigeria will continue to fall, and those evil men will continue to fan and strengthen and penetrate your nation with Corruption.
Thanks.

Who will buy it, you think nigerian companies have experience with power generation? Or have the competency/capital to invest in electricity?
Mind you if they are sold to Nigerians that will be another issue, eevryone will claim they are croonies of the govt
With the privatisation going on states wil be able to big for distribution and generation plants, many states will still partner foreign/experienced international companies hence will increase tariff to recoup their investment
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by lastpage: 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2011
@Efisher
Now that the prepaid meter has been installed, I minimize my consumption. Today, I consume less than N1,000 worth of power a month. I only have to pay an extra maintenance fee of just over N1000 per month (for a 3 phase meter). I also do not have to pay every month. I pay once in 3 months.

Bruv,
kindly enlighten me properly on the highlighted part.
Is it that you have to pay NEPA an "additional 1K/month" because you make use of 3-phase Meter, in addition to the credit you buy on your Pre-Paid meter? That is use or no-use, 1K/Month is for having a Three phase Meter installed
Please explain better to me cos until l get this Pre-Pay meter, l am not paying those grand-thieves, a dime!

Tanx.
Re: New Electricity Tariffs To Take Effect January, 2012 by Stareplus: 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
I using this oppourtunity to beg the who incharge of pre paid meter in osun to let in circulate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village / Goodluck Jonathan Has Lost AIT,Saharareporters And Nairaland Presidential Polls / PDP Appointed Ministers And Military Chiefs Are Still In Their Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.