Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

Gender Generalization. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Generalization. (172 Views)

See Man’s Reaction During Gender Reveal That His Baby Is A Girl / Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender Generalization. by DanteSilva(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is about the mindset a lot of folks carry, thinking all girls are the same or want the same thing.
I hear people say stuff like all a woman wants is money, love, attention and care and she'll like You, in as much it is good to show a woman love, you'll attest to the face that there are girls you showered so much love and attention and they still left you...

People interpret love in different ways, I have met girls who will not feel worthy of your love until you are disdainful and show disaffection towards them. same applicable to men, I've seen men who do not feel worthy of a woman's love till she disrespects him or show no concern towards his advances.

So do away with your generalizations of all women want love or all men want respect bla bla, some people don't need none if those. The more you show them love or respect the more they'll drift far from you.

Treat everybody as you'll treat yourself and how they want to be treated, it is not right to throw the children's bread to dogs.
Remember that God created 7 billion humans in 7 billion ways we are not all the same.

Finally remember to love yourself and love God that's where true self esteem lies.
Re: Gender Generalization. by Omobada(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
You're correct though
Re: Gender Generalization. by AfroKnight: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hmmmm. To jettison generalisation is to walk through life blind and unguarded.

Stereotypes are not borne out of nonsensical whims and imaginations, rather they emerge from frequently repeated scenarios. If a concept/practice were not commonplace among a certain subset of people, it would not become a generalisation.

It is good to give the benefit of the doubt, but prepare for the stereotype too.

(1) (Reply)

Weekend Vibes / You Need Paypal Account? HIT ME UP!!! / Stop Comparing Yoir Ex To Yoir Present Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.