Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,122 members, 7,852,805 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? (540 Views)

Mayor Of Lagos Reads The Riot Act To Ibos....watch Ya self! / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun / Pictures From The Riot In Ado Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2011
He handed down the warning at an interdenominational prayer session organised by the workers under the employ of the state government at the Adeyemi Bero Hall, Alausa secretariat complex.

He said, “When we ask our people to go out and sanitise the environment, we do not ask them to go and confiscate citizens’ goods; when we ask them to manage the traffic, we do not ask them to go and brutalise people.”

He told the 1,000 civil servants present at the ceremony that they should assume that the successes they had in his first term in office did not exist and therefore start the second term with renewed vigour and a new commitment.

Fashola pointed out, “We are all public servants, are we not? Let us go out there and serve the people.” We have spent two days out of the 1, 460 days I have here, this is the third day. We spent the first day inaugurating and dinning, we spent yesterday as public holiday, we are already using the third and the clock is already counting down; whatever I do and whatever you do, it is very clear to me that by May 28, 2015, I will no longer be the governor of Lagos State.”

He said the public servants should be faithful in their respective offices and also respect the people’s dignity.

He said, “Let us remember that if we make it work while we are here, it will also be useful to us when we leave; If you build that road, which we assign you to build, you will be able to drive yourself on a good road.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106025271490
Re: Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? by Seun(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2011
Source pls?
Re: Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2011
got it man
Re: Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? by violent(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2011
nice move, it will be better, if backed with actions to ensure that the state Police are well policed and the state sanitizers are sane themselves.
Re: Fashola Reads The Riot Act "good Move Or Bad Move? by DisGuy: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2011
There are no state police, i think he's talking about KAI and Lastma

Lagos needs to step up its complaint mechanism, you always get asked 'have you reported or who have you reported it too'

(1) (Reply)

The Northern Islamist Threat / Customs Intercept $110,060 At Lagos Port (picture) / Letter To The Nigerian President 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.