Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67942 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ziondaughter247: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
I can 100 percent assure you all that a USELESS nairaland MAN wrote this! What is the obsession with women on this forum? Why can't you all discuss your male matters and leave women out of it? Don't be fooled anyone, this is a man's handwriting. The idiot just wants to get reactions and bash women! There is no husband or wife in heaven! After death, you are on your own!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Toks2008(m): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

I was about creating a thread On this so I think it's about time.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Salako01(m): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided

According to Aristotle "Whosoever delights in solitude is either a beast or a god".

E go soon clear for your eye that both men and women are not created to be alone. Not minding what the society has turned this institution of togetherness into today, it still important for people to understand that one cannot fully be happy alone. This is why you see some wealthy people whose wealth where rejected by family, crave for that love. If you have watched the Movie Banshee and taken note of how the Amish family of Kai Proctor rejected him, and how hard he fought to have that love back, then you will trash this your opinion that you ignorantly backed up with the bible. The Bible is always right but applied and interpreted wrongly most times.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
icecool12:
Standards, parents expectations.

There’s nothing wrong in being a single mother, so I’d suggest it. I know an aunt who never got married. When she hit 4th floor, my grandma advised her to have one or two children but she refused. Today she’s about 76, lonely, ashamed, miserable and hardly visits home. So please, have a child or two.

Why didn’t she go and adopt. There are many children that need love in this world. If God blesses you to have yours, good for you. If not, go and adopt two or three kids to call your own instead of being miserable.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Pufpuf(m): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Can you please email me at deledkingdomcitizen@gmail.com
Thank you ma
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by peppermint7(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way? undecided

Jesus Christ taught us that God Almighty made created some - male and female alike - Eunuchs from birth, some become Eunuchs in life and others chose to become Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 5 - 15 undecided

Sadly, some of those who were created Eunuchs are indoctrinated by ignorant parents into believing they are meant to marry and reproduce, setting their life into confusion from their very beginning. It is not mandatory to marry or have companions. This choice ought to be left to individuals to make on their own and in their own time. undecided

God made marital companionship a choice.... no one needs it to be happy,not even in old age. Those who don't have it can still be happy if they desire to be. And those who have it and are not happy can also choose to be happy regardless. undecided
You just successfully said thrash
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by midnighter1(f): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2021
People have refused to go to Church cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by obinna58(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2021
Tayosteve:
Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.
A man running out of eggs
Stop smoking weed
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Akaekpuchiowa: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Call me on 09046577173 I think I can help
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by shefij: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2021
It’s never to late chat me up +2348108037602
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by pocohantas(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Have you tried or just gave up?

One lady i know just got preggers at 47

I am waiting for my own special husband. My spirit tells me he is on Nairaland.

Congrats to her. Hope mother and child are doing well? smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Tayosteve(m): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2021
obinna58:

A man running out of eggs
Stop smoking weed

grin[center][/center] grin
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by pocohantas(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2021
Toks2008:

I was about creating a thread On this so I think it's about time.

Toks zukwanuike!!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by humilitypays(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2021
To all Nigerian single ladies reading, finding husband as a Nigerian lady is more difficult when you live abroad than when you live in Nigeria.

And the more successful a single woman is, the more difficult it is for her to find a worthy partner. So as a single lady, find your partner when you are still climbing the hills of life, don't wait till you become financially made cos you are not a man, most men are not interested in a womans wealth when looking for a committed or life partner unlike women.

Men consider good looks and character more than your money or success as a lady.

Before you migrate abroad as a Nigerian lady, make sure you have a sure boyfriend or fiance in Nigeria if not you will end up being fvcked around by guys abroad who wouldn't still commit at the end of the day cos once they are ready to marry, they will enter available flight back to Nigeria to look for wife materials in their village cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.
U hv said it all. 100% of them are not happy at all

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by pocohantas(f): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2021
obowunmi:

Many Nigerian women use Black Magic and Blood covenant to hook men. Why don’t you try that option

You can turn your potential man into a mumu.

I know at least 25 women who used Black magic to marry their Nigerian men.

Also, LEAVE Nigerian men alone and date Men from other parts of the world.

Very true. Rather than going to Shiloh, I will visit one baba inside bush and use juju to hook somebody’s son. I won’t do him anything bad o, he will enjoy the marriage pass me sef.

Some women dey dull sha. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by jeremiahsule1(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2021
[i][/i]
duyox2004:

Mail me:
jsbpms@gmail.com
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by humilitypays(m): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Very true. Rather than going to Shiloh, I will visit one baba inside bush and use juju to hook somebody’s son. I won’t do him anything bad o, he will enjoy the marriage pass me sef.

Some women dey dull sha. grin
shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by jeremiahsule1(m): 11:00am On Oct 24, 2021
[i][/i]
Mail me:
jsbpms@gmail.com
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AugustusA1(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2021
Hi Duyox2004, I’m not sure regret or playing the blaming others will resolve the issue at hand. First, if you like to reach out I did sent an anonymous email. Maybe you can change the angle at which you look. I think ladies need to understand men who hold back ain’t doing so for fun or pleasure alone.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Soukiss(m): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2021
Tayosteve:
Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.
na girl dey talk or na guy
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by rollywise(m): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2021
Abuse no one. Your case is not hopeless. Chat me up
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by LollySeaSide: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I have a very active account on Nairaland but I just created this account when I read your post. I am sure you know why I didn't use my regular account to type this.

I know you must have received tonnes of DMs.
You sounded kinda hopeless but trust me, it can still end in testimony for you.
You need to be very careful though.
So much uncertainties online.
I know someone who's currently 38. He's not wealthy but he's comfortable. He's had his fair share of tears and wants a lady who's matured and really ready to settle down.
If it sounds like something you wanna give a shot, DM me for details.
I hope you are not short though, and you don't have a large nose?
Those are his only turn-offs in a woman.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AuroraB(f): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to do now? undecided
Abeg, she don reply you? I want to check something for my neighbor wink cheesy grin
Orisirisi
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Pataricatering(f): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.
isn't it funny how you people NEVER meet old , single unhappy men � .
Only women ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Method147(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
Chat me on +2348021610690 WhatsApp only
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by projet: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
If you are very serious about getting married send me a mail.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Popbright(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
I will like to talk to you privately

This is my WhatsApp number
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Jacku: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

well, everyone has given you a piece of their minds and it's left for you to pick which one works best for you. Good luck Friend.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Pimine: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2021
MyExpression:

A companion doesn't complete anyone.
If you are not completely comfortable in yourself, you don't have business with companionship. It would be very travail to place your completeness in the hands of a frail mortal.

However, the OP is 41 and well read. She knows what suits her personality.
She wouldn't be lamenting bout childbearing if it is not her personal desire to get a child.
She's just lamenting the process that had her at a disadvantage.

Marriage is beyond just beauty, intelligence, or character.

You have to have a combination of all of these in various degrees.
Aswearugaaad

The OP made a decision to shelve family and focus on career and fun instead. That's what woke ladies of this generation do.

Many of them put off child-bearing for years even after getting married simply because "i[b]t's gonna mess with my f***ing career[/b]" just like Robert Kiyosaki's wife.

Anyway, the OP alone is to blame for her woes because, infact, I'm pretty sure her parents (just like the average African parent) must have asked her repeatedly to get married and give them grandkids but she kept putting them off.

There's hope for her tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by PlanktonX: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

The devil is still at work...dear. You have been given the best and the right advice. Stop letting the devil tells you what you can't achieve.

Using the word Damn on your parents and others shows you still have a long way to go concerning the issues of life...so first of all seek for forgiveness from them and God.

All the nonsense about your eggs are diminishing are also the nonsense from devil, you might see yourself as a body but your true self is a spirit in a body. So connect to the most spirit being " God" and he will strengthen your inner spirit being.

There are more than a thousand eligible bachelors seeking a princess like like you right now, just connect to God to connect you to that right person.

Don't ever limit yourself and the power of God working right now in your life. If I yell you stories, you will know that you don't have problems. There are people going through worse. Be Thankful always.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Why I Wanted To Kill My Husband – Mrs. Dede (Graphic Photo) / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Photo Of The Day: Father & 5 Children On A Suicide Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.