Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (7195 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Go To Church? by Mrsoft3(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2021
The s
Psalmist said 'i was glad when they said unto let's go to the house of God.

Going to the house of God without an expectation is simply time wasting. A sick patient only goes to the hospital knowing fully well he/she will get the best treatment and he/she well get well.
A church is like a hospital where you go seeking for solution, but in this case God is the supreme Doctor. He ensures you don't go back the same way you come into his presence.
It is written the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short. You must prepare your mind and be focused. Your eyes must be fixed, pray for grace not to be distracted in our today world.

Going to the gathering of saints is a good thing because the bible made us understand that when two or three are gather he is there in their midst. Having this knowledge will prepare your heart whenever you decide to go to church.

Many people are today in serious trouble and the devil has lied to you not to go anywhere,the devil lie to you there is no solution. It's a big lie and start saying that your self.
You have be given a sound mind and not that of fear. Let the lord do a quick work in your life today.

Kindly drop your church outfit in this thread, let us shame the devil and praise God �
Hallelujah!.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by NaijaSatanlst: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2021
If you want to get scammed, go to a Nigerian church

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Mrsoft3(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

A church is a church when the name of the lord is glorified and not the name of a man, you have eyes, you have ears, you have the spirit of discernment. Use this tools to test the spirits at work in a place.

Calling and generalizing the Nigerian church uncall for. There are many fake pastors no doubt, but I tell you it can never over populate the numbers of good ones. Know this and know peace

20 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by thesicilian: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

People get scammed every where, especially those who refuse to use their brains.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by NaijaSatanlst: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2021
thesicilian:

People get scammed every where, especially those who refuse to use their brains.
Yes, and those who use their brains use it to know that the church is a place you should stay away from cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by thesicilian: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Yes, and those who use their brains use it to know that the church is a place you should stay away from cheesy
Ok
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by MufasaLion: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by wordapostle(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2021
Worshipping God is a commandment
The Sacrament helps us remember Jesus
God's Church relies on you
Church services teach and uplift
You gain a sense of belonging
God can speak to you
We will love God and others, share the gospel with unbelievers, fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, and become more like Jesus Christ. In other words, the five biblical purposes are worship, ministry, evangelism, fellowship, and discipleship

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by hopefulLandlord: 8:44am On Oct 24, 2021
because most people do?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Bruno3000(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2021
Mrsoft3:

A church is a church when the name of the lord is glorified and not the name of a man, you have eyes, you have ears, you have the spirit of discernment. Use this tools to test the spirits at work in a place.

Calling and generalizing the Nigerian church uncall for. There are many fake pastors no doubt, but I tell you it can never over populate the numbers of good ones. Know this and know peace
Wrong! A church is not a church.Most gatherings that call themselves churches are gathering of brood of vipers! Esp in Nigeria. Jesus identified many of such during His time on earth.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Mrsoft3(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Bruno3000:
Wrong! A church is not a church.Most gatherings that call themselves churches are gathering of brood of vipers! Esp in Nigeria. Jesus identified many of such during His time on earth.

Did you read the post again?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2021
Waste of time.
Is COVID-19 no longer here?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by eedimo(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2021
Today is that day 98% of Nigeria's pastors long for.
When they finish calculating the offering and tithes, they would either smile or ask members to go for aggressive evangelism.

GOD IS WATCHING

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2021
shocked

For me, the main reason I go to church is to seduce the pastor's wife.

Pastor's wives are the most randy and it's a shame for them that they have to conform to their husbands' selfish decisions to act as saints so as to make a living.

These pastors' wives are sexually neglected by their husbands who are either too weak from praying and fasting or too distracted from shagging choristers or other men's wives who began emotional affairs with them from counseling.

Lastly, with the amount of news of pastors sexually exploiting people, I now consider myself a vigilante with a mandate of bringing instant judgement on pastors by shagging their wives.
I consider it as restitution for their victims.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by atheistandproud(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
If I talk now...

Mod go ban me.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Business connection
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
lipsrsealed
I refuse to speak my mind.....No No No devil get behind me....I said get behind me lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Rexnegro(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
I didn't go today
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by babaRUNtinz(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Before COVID lockdown .

My heart is now my church
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by UncleKoboko: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2021
angry
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2021
To praise the supreme being for he's done and doing with me. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by dadebayo1(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2021
Sunday sunday ritual grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by havenz(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2021
I go to church because that's the only place i stay without thinking of any problem surrounding Nigeria and I.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by TeamLeader(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2021
I did not go to church today because our pastor travelled and he went with the church key
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
1. To dance.

2. To sing

3. To freemix

4. To see the latest fashion wears.

5. To see cute chicks.

6. To learn what the pastors preaches.

7. To sleep.

8. To eat and play.

9. To be free from home and boredom

10. To learn new vocabs.

11. For miracles.

12. To pay tithes.

13. To show off.

14. To tempt others.

15. For wealth increase.

16. To shout and disturb the neighborhood.

17. To pray

18. To exercise.

19. To chop Holy communion is and drink wine.

20. End of thinking capacity (etc)

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by avrilwisedata: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
Because person no go hear word if he no go church grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Arizonaz: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
There are many reasons why going to church is good for my soul. Let's take away the money aspect where people see it as a scam.

But I tell you These rules can be found in what Jesus said in John 4:23-24. He said, But the hour cometh and now is when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.”

If I no get offering money or tithes I won't stress myself just to impress any man. I go jejely stand up and dance to God with high hope of receiving from him during the week.

Sometimes this offering and tithe are like a staking bet. Have you ever given out money and received it in double folds, it comes when you give spiritually.

For those saying Church is a scam, nobody is forcing you to follow the rules of the Church. Even the Bible advice us to give according to our proportion.

2 Corinthians 9vs7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by abobote: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
See question
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Elsueno: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
I don't......I think d last time I was in one was 2017 grin

Not only do I dislike an empty envelope on my sit or going in line dancing to drop cash..I hate it when another mortal threatens me with Hell & Devils

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Niflheim(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2021
Whenever I feel like eating "stale bread" and "EXPIRED RIBENA", I go to church!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Praying With Fanta Brings Endless Prosperity! — Lady / Drop Your Comments About The Beating Of Jesus Christ Here / Someone Should Please Call The Catholic Faithfuls Of Ahiara Diocese To Order.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.