Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,435 members, 7,846,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (7237 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Adetola456(f): 9:08am On Oct 24, 2021
To fellowship

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by SilvanusII(m): 9:08am On Oct 24, 2021
Mrsoft3:
The s
Psalmist said 'i was glad when they said unto let's go to the house of God.

Going to the house of God without an expectation is simply time wasting. A sick patient only goes to the hospital knowing fully well he/she will get the best treatment and he/she well get well.
A church is like a hospital where you go seeking for solution, but in this case God is the supreme Doctor. He ensures you don't go back the same way you come into his presence.
It is written the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short. You must prepare your mind and be focused. Your eyes must be fixed, pray for grace not to be distracted in our today world.

Going to the gathering of saints is a good thing because the bible made us understand that when two or three are gather he is there in their midst. Having this knowledge will prepare your heart whenever you decide to go to church.

Many people are today in serious trouble and the devil has lied to you not to go anywhere,the devil lie to you there is no solution. It's a big lie and start saying that your self.
You have be given a sound mind and not that of fear. Let the lord do a quick work in your life today.

Kindly drop your church outfit in this thread, let us shame the devil and praise God �
Hallelujah!.

This is very stupid. You started with a Bible quote and then follow up with comparing a church with a hospital. What in the name of cognitive dissonance is this? What sane man wants to go to a hospital? I weep for the ppl you preach to.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:08am On Oct 24, 2021
I go to church to get service by the word of God nd to work in d house of God.
To also go from strength to strength.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Someoneschild2: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2021
I go to church simply to learn something new from a priest's knowledge of philosophy and theology.

I believe God is everywhere so I don't seek him in a building but in nature and my fellow human beings.

I have an irreligious mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Jumbojax(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2021
Father's house dey refresh spirit

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Myer(m): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
because most people do?
Especially when your neighbours and family members have ascribed everyone who doesnt go to church to the devil. So to fulfill all righteousness you just do even if its once in a month.lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Tayosteve(m): 9:11am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

If you want to get scammed, go to a Nigerian church

You are a Taliban.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Myer(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Your moniker, do you really worship satan?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by avrilwisedata: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2021
Myer:

Especially when your neighbours and family members have turned everyone who doesnt go to church the devil. So to fulfill all righteousness you even if its once in a month.lol
LOL

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by avrilwisedata: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2021
Arizonaz:
cool
Space keeper.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Mrsoft3(m): 9:14am On Oct 24, 2021
SilvanusII:

This is very stupid. You started with a Bible quote and then follow up with comparing a church with a hospital. What in the name of cognitive dissonance is this? I weep for the ppl you preach to.

I did not compare,I gave an example of life. When Jesus wants to talk about the kingdom of God he had to liken it to an earthly examples, so if you think I am doing the wrong thing let your corrections be in love, in this kingdom we see and know in parts.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Wanbissaka: 9:14am On Oct 24, 2021
Make person help me with the least let me see something I eat this Sunday I beg.

0129630019. Union bank.

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by madukaanaya(m): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For me, the main reason I go to church is to seduce the pastor's wife.

Pastor's wives are the most randy and it's a shame for them that they have to conform to their husbands' selfish decisions to act as saints so as to make a living.

These pastors' wives are sexually neglected by their husbands who are either too weak from praying and fasting or too distracted from shagging choristers or other men's wives who began emotional affairs with them from counseling.

Lastly, with the amount of news of pastors sexually exploiting people, I now consider myself a vigilante with a mandate of bringing instant judgement on pastors by shagging their wives.
I consider it as restitution for their victims.
you are obviously sick

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Theunderman: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
We go to church to gain salvation

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Cashsteady(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2021
To look at yansh and not to miss harvest rice cuz today na harvest
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Princeton92(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2021
I don't recall when last I went to church
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Valuc: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

who is this goat
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Polynek(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2021
Niflheim:
Whenever I feel like eating "stale bread" and "EXPIRED RIBENA", I go to church!!!
Can u explain to me wat u mean pls
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Arizonaz: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2021
avrilwisedata:
Space keeper.

grin you no go church today?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2021
I DO NOT. grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by specialmati(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2021
Niflheim:
Whenever I feel like eating "stale bread" and "EXPIRED RIBENA", I go to church!!!
Satan singing he loves you baby, oya run go meet him
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by avrilwisedata: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Arizonaz:

grin you no go church today?
I dey church lidis grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by freshkpomo(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2021
Arizonaz:
There are many reasons why going to church is good for my soul. Let's take away the money aspect where people see it as a scam.

But I tell you These rules can be found in what Jesus said in John 4:23-24. He said, But the hour cometh and now is when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.”

If I no get offering money or tithes I won't stress myself just to impress any man. I go jejely stand up and dance to God with high hope of receiving from him during the week.

Sometimes this offering and tithe are like a staking bet. Have you ever given out money and received it in double folds, it comes when you give spiritually.

For those saying Church is a scam, nobody is forcing you to follow the rules of the Church. Even the Bible advice us to give according to our proportion.

2 Corinthians 7v9
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

9vs7 Sir.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Southernigbo: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2021
To see half naked girls with permed hairs and pouring breasts
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Shedrack36(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2021
I pray more any time i'm in the church.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Arizonaz: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2021
freshkpomo:

9vs7 Sir.

Thank you!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Danmisra(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

That is right. I don't even know why they go to church to get scammed, and frankly speaking the is no any verse in the Holy Bible that commands or tell christians [b][/b]to go to church on sunday and if anybody knows the verse he should please tell us.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Ahasco(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2021
All churches are scammer
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Harrykn: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2021
Me I go to church to Shout a big “Hallelujah” and “AMEN” for ladies praying for miracle husband, So they’ll see that there is a husband material by their side, lol. Ladies eh, They carry entitlement mentality enter church. You see them listing the Quality of miracle husband they’re asking God for.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by ewami: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2021
I want to ask, when people were on total lockdown for three months and.no.physical church gathering of more than 50 did heaven fall? My take is this.....
1. Know God for your self , we are all going to give account to GOD . Adeboye. Oyedepo. Kumuyi, Esther Ayayi, TB Joushua, Fatoyinbo, etc. All will stand to give account to.God . No denomination in heaven.
2. Reduce your movement in this time and be more virtual. Online service i mean.
3. Don't be rude because pastors steal and generalise that all pastor steal.
4. Love and obey God , love all human being . That's all is required of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Wish There Was No GOD. / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.