Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence (9653 Views)

EXCLUSIVE! EFCC Storms Asaba To Arrest Tompolo - See Where He Is Hiding / EFCC Storms Abeokuta, Interrogates Ex-gov’s Allies / Ibori: Efcc Storms Two Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bulDozer: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
Can someone please invite the US navy SEALs fast before Bank-ole disappears? I think we need an operation reminiscent of the Osama bin Laden type in Pakistan since EFCC operatives and the police has failed to arrest him. Is this not the shame of a nation?

thunderboy:

Since the EFCC ( exquisite federal corrupt cops )  is incapable of arresting him , then Jonathan should invite the US Navy Seals to finish the job ,  if they fail then definitely the Boko haram will get the job done. grin  It baffles me why this people think they can fool everybody  angry angry angry
Seconded.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Dsense(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
OP

Make dem kill that Oloriburuku lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Exponental(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
Wonder why people disgrace themselves when they know that shortly after the whole tenure EFCC is waiting.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by joe4christ(m): 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
I remembered i was quite happy when this yeye guy was made THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP simply because i noticed he was young and vibrant, not knowing he was a thief and a looter like his fellow politicians, Now i want him dead, PLS FOR GOD'S SAKE, KILL HIM FOR ME, AT LEAST FOR BREAKING MY HEART,
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by tolu001: 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
This country is ridiculous
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by eros(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
We already know how this will play out. I pray Bankole rots in hell with all the billions he has stolen from Nigeria. Since the EFCC cannot bring him to book.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by queensmith: 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
This is slightly embarassing for the organisation of the country.
Does EFCC have thier own police? if so why? They should use the countries police service and if that fails employ the military. I doubt any 1 politiicians security's authority surpsses that!
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by kasiem(m): 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
Make i tell una, none of u fit arrest. Na pesin wey neva see bankole fight for rep before fit yarn rubish. D man with dat him wey big like pit fit swallow 100 policemen at a go
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by MrCork17: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
is he a rappper? undecided
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by OAM4J: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
Mcfemad:

The speaker evades arrest as his security detail prevents anti-graft officials from taking him
Article | June 3, 2011 - 9:40am | By Gbenga Olorunpomi

Tense scenes unfolded today at the official residence of the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the Apo Legislative Quarters in Abuja. Agents of Nigeria’s anti-corruption body, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) attempted to arrest Dimeji Bankole, the immediate-past occupier of Nigeria’s number 4 office.

Bankole, who had been expected to leave Nigeria for the United Kingdom on a British Airways flight this morning, is facing allegations of corruption and money-laundering stemming from his tenure as Speaker. It was revealed that in the last few weeks of his tenure, Bankole obtained loans amounting to N10 billion, and is also alleged to have funnelled over $1 billion out of the country.

However, the EFCC agents were prevented from entering the premises by plainclothes and uniformed officers attached to the Speaker’s office. A stand-off then ensued as the EFCC agents refused to leave, and a second detachment of EFCC operatives was despatched to the scene.

Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, soon arrived on the scene to persuade Bankole to surrender to the EFCC agents, but left the premises abruptly, a few minutes after he arrived. Sources then revealed that while Bankole was still in the country, he was not at the Apo residence but was in hiding somewhere in the capital.

Soon after, it was announced that Bankole had come to an agreement with the EFCC to surrender himself to the agency on Monday.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/efcc-goes-after-bankole
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by 1025: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
these nairalanders self. pdp has promised their co-criminal a soft landing spot and here we are discussing a finished matter. the day obasanjo and his guys pick alams, no be for the house of assembly gate? why was efcc not at the gate of the house of rep to pick him? how can our jonathan fight corruption when his better half is on the corruption list?
as long as nigerians refused to push pdp out of aso rock, this is just a child's play in what we will see and face in the next 4 yrs.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by TBD(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
what goes around must surely comes around last three years was etteh now is bonkole.why is that Nigeria politician are birth of same feather?
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by sirp2007: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
bankole is a disgrace to 9ja youth,
how come Efcc security operatives could nt overpower bankole`security?didnt they hv idea of hw many they were?or could it be tht EFCC does nt hv warrant of arrest?y will d IG come an intervene?
we still hv a long way 2 go.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by ikooko(m): 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
Abeeegiii, make una leave story.

How do you expect a thief to arrest another thief of same gang, when they can simply share the loot?

Even if they arrest him, worst VIP punishment he'll get will be similar to that of Tafa-B or Bode-G. cry cry cry
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by vislabraye(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2011
There's nothing new in Naija ploitics. The guilty looters always have their way out. But you dare not steal from a private company or else you're done for. . .
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by DisGuy: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2011
I don't get it o

The people restricting the EFCC from arresting Bankole are 'SECURITY OFFICERS' FROM THE STATE RIGHT?

As in the police is restricting another police dept from arresting an individual?

anybody?
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by CHIEFENGRJAFAR(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
IT'S HIGH TIME NIGERIANS WOKE UP FROM THEIR SLUMBER.THAT MAN SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UN PUNISHED, CRIMINAL SPEAKER,
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
CHIEF ENGR JAFAR:

IT'S HIGH TIME NIGERIANS [b]WOKE [/b]UP FROM THEIR SLUMBER.THAT MAN SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UN PUNISHED, CRIMINAL SPEAKER,

#GBAGAUN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
queensmith:

This is slightly embarassing for the organisation of the country.
Does EFCC have thier own police? if so why? They should use the countries police service and if that fails employ the military. I doubt any 1 politiicians security's authority surpsses that!
its because there is no RULE OF LAW in our dear contry! police alone is anough to arrest him immedaitely the allegation is been exposed. we still have a long way to go! i doubt we gonna make it to devloping countries in this century! angry angry
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
if they cant arrest just a fourth man of the nation then how can they arrest the first man if he loots angry angry
most especially this former military man(david mark)i really doubt its hand undecided undecided
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by jensinmi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2011
It is at times like this that I really miss RIBADU.

Selective Justice or not. . . a good number of thieves still got arrested. Unlike GEJ's tenure now, where everyone is free to do as they please with no repercussions.

Someone remind me. Who was that unfortunate Governor/ Official that had the pillars to his house gate cut through by Ribadu's EFCC and his living room stormed to effect his arrest??

I never read of anyone declining an EFCC invitation when Ribadu was EFCC chair.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
Why should we be concerned with what Ali Baba does to one of his forty thieves.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by bulDozer: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
CHIEF ENGR JAFAR:

IT'S HIGH TIME NIGERIANS WOKE UP FROM THEIR SLUMBER.THAT MAN SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UN PUNISHED, CRIMINAL SPEAKER,

Donlittle:

#GBAGAUN grin grin grin grin grin

His use of english is perfectly correct sir. cool I guess you read sciences or engineering at a northern Nigeria university. grin
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Psalmuell: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
EFCC.PLS LEAVE HIM ALONE.THE MAN JUST ATE HIS OWN PART OF THE NATIONAL CAKE.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by emekagh(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bankole or Bank Ole is a disgrace! He should be made to forfeit all his loot and sent to jail where he belongs!
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
Psalmuell:

EFCC.PLS LEAVE HIM ALONE.THE MAN JUST ATE HIS OWN PART OF THE NATIONAL CAKE.
and by Gods grace he is not gonna get away with it!
i wish the penalty for money laundering would be DEATH! angry angry
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by 3kay945(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
So naija people can complain,. What do we expect when we were voting broda jonathan and not pdp,. Let just imagine if it sai buhari that is there.! I will leave you to your imagination.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by yesboss20(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
Sharp 9ja boi. It's not his fault. He'll continue resisting arrest until he is nabbed!
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by 3kay945(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
This is a test for broda jonathan, i wait patiently to see his next move.
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
3kay945:

This is a test for broda jonathan, i wait patiently to see his next move.

why you guys talking like this! angry is it his job to arrest ? or you wanna talk?
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by member479760: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
The 41 years old, USA trained graduate believed to have all what is needed to move this country forward but disappointed himself, his country and those that trained him. however, we need to send the message across by hanging or life imprisonment.
The big question is: can GEJ do it?
Re: Efcc Storms Bankole's Residence by 4ward(m): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bros Bankole.FEAR NOT!!!!! U AR NOT D 1ST PERSON.If they can grab Bode,Ceciliah,Erastus,Asiwaju,Anty Iyabo and release them just turn urself in after 2wks ALL THE NOISE WILL BE OVER .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-Same Sex Marriage Bill Scales Second Reading In House Of Reps / Again, SSS Fails To Produce Dasuki In Court / I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.