Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,770 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72293 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
Edoyad, sure Wenger is a rich man. He didn't get that way by 'lying and being hypocritical', he got that way by doing his job and being successful. People all over the world that will stammer and stutter if they were ever to stand in his presence now think its open season on him. Supporters should do their jobs and support. Criticise by all means but respect the persons of the members of your own team.

This is not to you but its a general thing I tell people, there are people who spit so much venom at Wenger who have never and I repeat never come first at anything in their lives. On what pedestal exactly to they stand to insult him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2011
We should not blame the fans at all to be candid. .  .most of them had been carrying the banner saying the same thing "In AW they Trust" for over 7 Years and yet nothing happened. .  .worst-still. .  .Best players were sold at the point when we needed them to stay and even thinking of adding one or two to them so that we can get a trophy at least and yet AW doesn't seem anywhere near buying players and we are here saying the fans should show respect . . .!!

What i won't support is the Fans wishing the Team to fail to qualify for the UCL at least but they rarely do not have a say and the best way they fink they can air their opinion is to chant!!!! AW is sturborn. . .the fans had been patient enough lets be frank and not delude ourselve from the fact that football has change!!

do we say that AFC academy produces better players than Barca? Barca promote every year and still they add Quality + expensive player to their squad year in  - year out!!

i will like someone here to school me on why i should be more patient ESP if AW doesn't buy. . . But Ofcourse even if someone here school me or NOT - i cant just see myself stop being a loyal supporter of AFC!!

I love ma club still. . . .i just thot that least season experience would have teach us some lessons!!! but im afraid its didn't ESP to AW. . . .song is suspended, and who comes in Frimpong? and we talk of playing this squad in UCL? I laugh in Swahili!!! grin grin grin grin grin (Frimpong needs 1 full season of regular football to sharpen his talent and i doubt if we can provide that to him this season - dont forget he didnt play season due to injury)

If Gibbs get injured now who's in? Sagna?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Rvp gets Rocked in January for example - Gervinho - Chamakh goes to the AFCN who comes in for him? Almunia?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Lets wake up plz!!!!! the fans are right!!! they need to bring the ARSENAL WE USE TO KNOW BACK!!! even in the bible it was recorded that "THE VOILET TAKETH IT BY FORCE"

Gooners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Ibime(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2011
Arsenals refusal to progress has nothing to do with spending cash or returning cash to the board. Its simply that Wenger is too smart for his own good. You see this boy Yaya Toure dominating midfield for Citeh. . .do you know how many consecutive summers this boy and his brother begged Arsene to sign him? I first saw him playing for Panathinaikos and it was evident he was brilliant but no, Mr Wenger was fixated with a certain kind of player - the small tika taka type of player and instead invested in the Denilsons and co. The same could be seen of his treatment of Gilberto Silva, one of the ruggedest "thou shalt not pass" DMs that played in the prem, but no, he was not intricate enough for Arsene.

Once again, its not about cash. Its about Wengers stubborness. How much would the likes of Jose Enrique and Carlos Cuellar cost? Players who would instantly fix Arsenals defensive problems.

Leroy Fer, Nedum Onuoha, Dedryck Boyata, Cuellar, take your pick - they would all improve Wengers defence, but they cannot pass high up the pitch unlike Koscielny and Squillaci.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2011
bolton 1 - 3 City  

Arsenal  1 point  - GD -2 PLAYED 2
CITY now have GD +6 - POINT is 6!!

Many will scream its still early. . . .i know its stil early ofcourse. . .Buh ask yourself. . . when is it going to be late?

UTD comes nxt wk. . . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
Ibime:

Arsenals refusal to progress has nothing to do with spending cash or returning cash to the board. Its simply that Wenger is too smart for his own good. You see this boy Yaya Toure dominating midfield for Citeh. . .do you know how many consecutive summers this boy and his brother begged Arsene to sign him? I first saw him playing for Panathinaikos and it was evident he was brilliant but no, Mr Wenger was fixated with a certain kind of player - the small tika taka type of player and instead invested in the Denilsons and co. The same could be seen of his treatment of Gilberto Silva, one of the ruggedest "thou shalt not pass" DMs that played in the prem, but no, he was not intricate enough for Arsene.

Once again, its not about cash. Its about Wengers stubborness. How much would the likes of Jose Enrique and Carlos Cuellar cost? Players who would instantly fix Arsenals defensive problems.

Leroy Fer, Nedum Onuoha, Dedryck Boyata, Cuellar, take your pick - they would all improve Wengers defence, but they cannot pass high up the pitch unlike Koscielny and Squillaci.

do you call Squillaci a defender? grin grin grin

seriously im not even after expensive singings. . .but rather a very good and decent BUT experienced signings with at least 3 seasons in the UCL + 2 trophies . . .that will integrate a winning habbit into the squad!!!

Buying Average players from the Ligue1 wont'immediately ease our problem because by the time they are ripe. . . they ask out hence,we start all over again!! now is the time for a change

Our back FOUR + Midfield players doesn't know the weight of a trophy!! so sad!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
Ibime haven't you heard. We don't have defensive issues again. Its attack that's the problem now. Which kain analyst be your own. Guy update yourself :p

And Gilberto wasn't rugged anything, Arsenal fans used to yab him that he was soft, because he went like a whole season without getting booked or something funny like that. His interception technique was superb and he was very good in give and go. Not any ruggedman no-nonsense nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

Ibime haven't you heard. We don't have defensive issues again. Its attack that's the problem now. Which kain analyst be your own. Guy update yourself :p

Brother, we have only played just 3 games this season and we managed to win one!! fine!!

When we play Stoke,UTD,CHE,CITY,SPUDS,WOLVES. . . and we do NOT Conceed. . .they i will belive that the defense is REALLY NOT OUR PROBLEM. . .

we played Nçastle and didn't conceed they you all are happy that our defensive is good #Sad i must say - As AFC are we suppose to be conceeding goals against clubs like Nçastle?

or on what ground do you fink our defense is good? BTW i not saying KOS+VERM partnershp aint good but i feel we need back up!!! INJURIES will come in - Oh atleast like yesterday game showed - KOS was out and you called Miguel TO COME PLAY against Saurez,Carol,KUYT? im quite sure AW already knows in his mind like i do that yesterday game was already lost the moment KOS was off!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
gosh i miss Nairaland sha. . .

Just a quick thot again . . .

Most times in the past seasons - wen we loose Cesc to injury we always struggle. . . Now Jack is injured, Song will always be injured at some point ESP in mid march/April. . . .Diaby is Inconsistent. . . .Ramsey doesn't know how to lace his boot properly #Indecisive. . .Rozzi is lacking either match fitness or is just average!! and we are to play UCL EPL CARLING FA CUP - don't you fink we are in soup in we dont add up?

Buh seriously i will like to be KYLE now to know what's in AW's mind. . . i want to believe he knows that Cesc is gone and soonest Nasri will follow same for B52,Eboue is gone, clichy same and yet we have to play in 4 Diff competitions!!!

Certainly something is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
Ibime:

This is all I need to see to know youa re still a phat phool with no iota of intelligence in your phat head. grin

Anyone who believes any player could 'instantly' fix Arsenal's defensive problems is in dire need of a brain transplant. . . . but wait, haven't we known that about Ibime for 3 years now? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2011

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE FAIL TO BEAT UDINESE

Ok this is my nightmare – if Arsenal fail to make the Champions League, lose £25 million revenue and drop into the Europa League, then, to put it bluntly, our chances of staying in the top four are made increasingly worse, as the high quality players who would have come to Arsenal with the lure of Champions League Football will look elsewhere.
So when Ivan Gazidis and Arsene Wenger get on the plane to Italy next Tuesday, they will be sweating slightly and hoping that Udinese are held to a draw. It just goes to show how error prone Wenger has been in this transfer window, because as a result of Koscielny’s back spasm against Liverpool, we are down to ONE fit senior centre-back in the Premier League. If I were the CEO of Arsenal, I would not be sleeping well for the next three nights. Yet, he will be unable to buy a single high class player before the end of Wednesday night as I shall explain.
There were performances to be proud of yesterday at the Emirates, mainly because of the pressure that was being placed upon those young shoulders. Wenger has gambled now once too often. Losing key players like Jack Wilshere to injury could not have been foreseen. However, not having recruited a long awaited centre-back and a Cesc Fabregas replacement could have been. The long-term future of the club now rests upon one match. Wenger is right to say that it is not all doom and gloom in football terms, but morally Arsenal Football Club is staring over the precipice. Armageddon awaits and what will happen to the fan base? your guess is as good as mine. It is clear that Wenger is awaiting the outcome of that fixture before making final purchases. The agents of those target players will also want to wait and see if Arsenal qualify for the group stages. The only players who would sign before Wednesday will do so only for financial reasons in contractual terms, and are those the kind of players we really need? It will be a real crisis for the first time, bred and born in Islington.
Yet it need not have been this precarious, given sensible planning, a forthright determination to acquire targets instead of arrogantly trying to save the shareholders money.
If Udinese beat the Arsenal, I predict that the Arsenal share price will fall by at least 10%. Internecine rivalry will lead to protests at the ground, Wenger will find that the only friendly place will be the boardroom, and may for the first time in his career consider breaking a contract before it has expired.
Ivan Gazidis will wring his hands and claim that Arsenal will be able to withstand the loss financially and look to blame everyone else except himself. Yet these two very powerful men, Ivan Gazidis and Arsene Wenger, will both have conspired without intention to seriously weaken confidence in the institution and heritage that is Arsenal Football Club, something that two world wars failed to do. What an amazing claim to fame to have. Let the countdown begin. Three days to Salvation or Doom? I think Salvation, but not by design…
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
As for Yaya T, spending a few seasons playing for the best team on the planet will always improve your game - there is no guarantee he would have reached the same levels if he joined Arsenal, so it is highly imbecilic of you to make such a claim.

Secondly, Gilberto was at Arsenal when we struggled to finish 4th, yet we are supposed to believe he is some 'thou shalt not pass' DM that would do wonders. . . the fact that only a Greek club (and no teams in England, Spain or Italy) required his services shows he was well past his peak.

As for the remaining gibberish you posted, I refer to your oft recognised foolishness that believed Ancelotti brought the elixir of youth to Chelski in his briefcase. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2011
debosky:

Wenger is 'one of the richest' - but is that the reason players are not being signed?

I'll ignore a lot of this 'fluff' (mostly unrelated to my post) and ask a simple question - have the opponents outspent Arsenal or not?

Answers on a postcard please.

Now you're being outright ludicrous, Utd, City and "Birmingham" outspent us last season hence our trophilessness . But guess what ? You, ARSENAL FC outspent the 100 clubs in the in the lower leagues of English Football, that's why you're still in the premiership. You outspent 15 other teams in the premiership that's why you're even in contention for a UCL spot.

Let's all be rational in this issue please. You want to operate on a West brom budget and get United output ? Come on !
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2011
edoyad:

Now you're being outright ludicrous, Utd, City and "Birmingham" outspent us last season hence our trophilessness . But guess what ? You, ARSENAL FC outspent the 100 clubs in the in the lower leagues of English Football, that's why you're still in the premiership. You outspent 15 other teams in the premiership that's why you're even in contention for a UCL spot.

Let's all be rational in this issue please. You want to operate on a West brom budget and get United output ? Come on ! emiership. You outspent 15 other teams in the premiership that's why you're even in contention for a UCL spot.

Let's all be rational in this issue please. You want to operate on a West brom budget and get United output ? Come on !

Seconded!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Ibime(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2011
Those who know footie know themselves. Debo just likes to talk plenty without saying much.

Even Myself2 can spot a professional charlatan when he sees one. This ninja should be hiding under a rock by now given his litany of gaffes on NL. From "Denilson is a better DM than Song" to "Squillaci is an International class quality centre-back we need" to "We need to replace Alex Song with a quality DM like Thomas Hitzlsberger", isn't it obvious that the charlatan shoulda been banned from Arsenal thread by now?

Where was Debo when Yaya Toure was dominating African footie in the qualification for WC2006 and Tunisia 2006. Did Yaya Toure look out of place from his debut at Barca?

I no get time for long typing, if I see ninja like Debo, na hot slap I go give am for all his misyarnings over the years. Simples!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
in other news - Cahill was watched today at the Reebok stadium by an Arsenal scout . . . .For God sake are we just knowing Cahill now?

im also looking forward to seeing if AW will play Nasri on Wed looking at the fact that he played on Sat. and since AW still insist he's an Arsenal player which logically its true then we should as well play him on Wed!!!

AW at times thinks the fans are silly!!! i remember in the 12th August around 9.45am Wenger said Cesc is an Arsenal player wont be leaving and by 12noon GMT of same day. . .Cesc was reported to be in Spain finalizing terms with Barca how sad!!!!!

play nasri!!! let him be cup tie or let him stay!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
Allboyz, AW said HE didn't expect Cesc to leave THAT WEEKEND.

However please note that was a press conference for the Newcastle game, it was imperative to avoid the whole circus. People jus interprete things the way it suits their arguments. AW never at anytime this summer say Cesc was definitely staying. He only said that about Nasri and he is still here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

Edoyad, sure Wenger is a rich man. He didn't get that way by 'lying and being hypocritical', he got that way by doing his job and being successful. People all over the world that will stammer and stutter if they were ever to stand in his presence now think its open season on him. Supporters should do their jobs and support. Criticise by all means but respect the persons of the members of your own team.

This is not to you but its a general thing I tell people, there are people who spit so much venom at Wenger who have never and I repeat never come first at anything in their lives. On what pedestal exactly to they stand to insult him?

slim, there're parents who are barely literate but break their backs to see their children get the best education in the world and would flip if they as much as notice a B in their kid's grades. It's not about me being best, it's about what i support being best.
Those fans who boo the players might be low lives but they're still the ones who buy those highly priced ticket and Jerseys nike churns out every season.
From that same money Wenger then gets paid in millions of dollars in salary and other perks but tells them the club cannot afford to bring in quality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mukina2: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

At this point surely AW knows, he has to buy. Not even to satisfy fans or what not. Simply put, there are not enough fit players to carry on.

Muki haba, you wey you suppose dey untop mat dey recite fatia untop our matter so we can buy Mata
. grin

Hold the line soldier, the calvary is coming. wink
basic clown grin grin grin

na baba ijebu dey vex me  angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
Yet again another misquote. AW never said we can't bring in quality. What he has often said is that it is difficult to compete for quality in a distorted market. As a matter of fact he actually says he's looking to bring in quality, but that is a whole different matter for analysis.

To be pedantic though, a fan that pays for a jersey or a game is actually getting a product in return, is he not? So it is not your money. Have you ever heard anybody say they made Hov rich? Didn't they pay their $16 for his CD. Abi does anyone dictate to Shakira how to dance after paying for her concert? cheesy

The difference here however is emotional investment which has no real financial value as such. And its generally accepted that emotional decisions aren't really the best ones. See, that's why AW is paid those millions to remove emotions from his decision making. Whether or not he is making the right ones however is the main bone of contention wink.

As far as fans are concerned as long as Arsenal doesn't win any trophy then AW has lost it reh reh reh. But that's just emotions, the picture is a whole lot bigger. As someone once asked, what if AW does everything exactly the way the fans want it (actually this is not possible but let's task our imagination) but Arsenal still end up trophyless. . . .what then?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kaypumpin2(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2011
Why are we fixated on what the fans wish their club though?I've(and most gooners i am sure) wished Arsenal win the league since '05 but it's never happened.

Bottomline:Fans wishes is not directly proportional to clubs' success or otherwise. grin

On a serious note though,we are the only club in the top tier to have broken the core of our team from last season.It is early in the season,but our performances in the last 2 games viz the teams we are competing with is worrying.

I worry also for what will be the performances of the EPL teams in the UCL,but then,maybe i worry too much.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kaypumpin2(m): 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

Yet again another misquote. AW never said we can't bring in quality. What he has often said is that it is difficult to compete for quality in a distorted market. As a matter of fact he actually says he's looking to bring in quality, but that is a whole different matter for analysis.
Plus he's always said,"we are looking for qualities that are better than what we have".That statement though,there is something shocking about it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by A40(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
Make Wenger resign jare!! Anybody wey the thing dey piss off make him go wee wee! Dude cost us again with his poor tactics abi couldnt he see that Frimpong was not likely going to continue that game with his kamikaze style

Wenger Must Go. QED
  grin grin

slimshay:

Yet again another misquote. AW never said we can't bring in quality. What he has often said is that it is difficult to compete for quality in a distorted market[b]. As a matter of fact he actually says he's looking to bring in quality, but that is a whole different matter for analysis.
[/b]
We've been hearing this since time immemorial. How about actually bringing that quality instead of looking to do so

slimshay:

To be pedantic though, a fan that pays for a jersey or a game is actually getting a product in return, is he not? So it is not your money. Have you ever heard anybody say they made Hov rich? Didn't they pay their $16 for his CD. Abi does anyone dictate to Shakira how to dance after paying for her concert? cheesy

Technically yes! The fans are the reason these clubs are in business ditto for entertainers too. Abi if i no like as Shakira dey dance i go pay for her concert??

slimshay:

The difference here however is emotional investment which has no real financial value as such. And its generally accepted that emotional decisions aren't really the best ones. See, that's why AW is paid those millions to remove emotions from his decision making. Whether or not he is making the right ones however is the main bone of contention wink.
Emotional investment is what would make you bring out the cash. You think not?

slimshay:

As far as fans are concerned as long as Arsenal doesn't win any trophy then AW has lost it reh reh reh. But that's just emotions, the picture is a whole lot bigger. As someone once asked, what if AW does everything exactly the way the fans want it (actually this is not possible but let's task our imagination) but Arsenal still end up trophyless. . . .what then?
What made us think he had it in the first place? No be trophies undecided undecided

I laugh at the bolded statement. Of course that is another excuse propagated by the Wenger disciples.

A team finishes 4th after another dramatic collapse at the tail end of the season finishing trophyless for the sixth straight season and then what happens Cesc goes Nasri on the brink and who do we bring in Gervinho,Jenkinson,Chamberlain (18,19 year old greenhorns) and yall dont want fans to react negatively to Wenger? I laugh in Prakatumba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
kay_pumpin:

Plus he's always said,"we are looking for qualities that are better than what we have".That statement though,there is something shocking about it.
What AW sees as quality isn't aligned with what fans see as quality. To AW, we have already signed quality players (Chamberlain, Miyachi, Jenkinson). Now he is looking for 'super quality' players. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
Yet again another misquote.
AW never said we can't bring
in quality. What he has often
said is that it is difficult to
compete for quality in a
distorted market. As a matter of fact he actually says he's
looking to bring in quality,
but that is a whole different
matter for analysis.

the misquote line again, are we supposed to take everything verbatim ? Please tell me what essentially is the difference between saying "it is difficult to bring in quality in a crazy market"(while purchasing nothing) and saying you can't bring in quality ?
Imagine a mother returning from market and saying the price of food was so astronomically high that the family would have to survive on food they grow in the back yard from now on grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2011
^^^ they will shoot you in Mogadishu if you use this kind of analogy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2011
Sorry for the Somali's plight but it's the truth. Wenger's waiting for Man City, Utd and Chelsea to go bankrupt so we can win the league. Is he waiting for Madrid, Barca and the Milanos too, with regards to the UCL ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
@A-40 you will find that the ones with the kidney failure are the ones baying for blood. Positive fans still find a way to enjoy their Arsenal.

Haha, trophies made you think AW had it? Literally the headline of the papers the day he was unveiled as Arsenal boss was 'ARSENE WHO?'

Funny how people think if you decide to entertain some perspective then you are so-and-so apologist. AW is Arsenal manager, my strong arm belongs to the red and white, do the maths.

@Edoyad don't be dramatic, he's not waiting for anybody to go bankrupt. Saying its difficult is not saying it can't be done. Last season AW said categorically Arsenal will win a trophy (first time he will say that since 'project youth biznez started'. Of course we didn't, but does that look like someone saying he can't do it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by A40(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

@A-40 you will find that the ones with the kidney failure are the ones baying for blood. Positive fans still find a way to enjoy their Arsenal.

Haha, trophies made you think AW had it? Literally the headline of the papers the day he was unveiled as Arsenal boss was 'ARSENE WHO?'

Funny how people think if you decide to entertain some perspective then you are so-and-so apologist. AW is Arsenal manager, my strong arm belongs to the red and white, do the maths.

And who told you we are not enjoying Arsenal?? We just want Wenger out!!! His not leaving would not make me withdraw my support

If he didnt win any trophies would he be at Arsenal in the first place?? Where did the initial goodwill he used to enjoy come from?

Mubarak and Ben Ali where also presidents of their respective countries try telling the citizens that wanted them out that they were not patriotic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2011
Ha patriotism, real fan, fake fans. . . .bollocks in my books.

I've used words like positive, perspective etc etc. Never said anything about being patriotic or not. I repeat some finds ways to continue to enjoy their Arsenal in all these armaggedon times. If you guys are enjoying Arsenal, you have very funny ways of showing it brov!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mukina2: 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by A40(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2011
slimshay:

Ha patriotism, real fan, fake fans. . . .bollocks in my books.
Don't be a simpleton. There's a connect

slimshay:

I've used words like positive, perspective etc etc. Never said anything about being patriotic or not. I repeat some finds ways to continue to enjoy their Arsenal in all these armaggedon times. If you guys are enjoying Arsenal, you have very funny ways of showing it brov!
So fans wanting Wenger out or criticizing him even when he is going around doing things wrongly is negativity?? Clap for yaself

So how do you enjoy Arsenal?? Maybe you could write a book and sell to us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2011
I will say it slowly, in a slow dirge so even the simpletons like me will get it. . . .don't. . . take. . . being. . . a. . . football. . . fan. . . too. . . serious.

I don't need to write a book, those who prolly have writen books had this to say:

'Surely the fun in football is not fretting, predicting and prophecising about how your team will do. It's in the finding out.' . .LittleDutch

Are you still clapping? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.