Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG (20432 Views)

2023: You Will Never Be President, Igbos Will Reject You – Ohanaeze Tells Atiku / South East: Ohanaeze Kicks Over Military Siege / Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by dre11(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2021
Ohanaeze Ndigbo has urged the Federal Government to assent to the request by some Northern groups for South East to exit from Nigeria, insisting that the Igbo are no longer safe in the country.

In a statement in Abakaliki, yesterday, Secretary-General of the Chidi Ibeh-led Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, noted that they had assessed the standpoints of the Northern groups that approached Abuja Federal High Court, explaining that their action was informed by the need to curtail violence and destruction as a result of the agitation for secession championed by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

Isiguzoro applauded the Northern groups for indirectly divulging clandestine conspiracies from the North to push the South East out of Nigeria, as being championed by the Coalition of Northern Nigeria Groups.

The statement reads: “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide has assessed the standpoints of the Northern groups that approached Abuja Federal High Court to request that the National Assembly should be coerced by the court before their conclusion on the ongoing constitution amendment to allow the South East to exit from Nigeria.

“The plaintiffs led by Nastura Shariff, Balarabe Rufai, Abdul-Aziz Sulaiman and Aminu Adam, explained that their action was informed by the need to curtail violence and destruction as a result of the agitation for secession championed by IPOB.”

https://guardian.ng/news/assent-to-norths-exit-request-for-south-east-ohanaeze-tells-fg/

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by MRDEE01: 7:35am On Oct 28, 2021
Orishirishi.
There should be a poll to that effect like it was done in the UK before brexit.
#My2cents.

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

12 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Mystic216: 7:37am On Oct 28, 2021
They should do this fast abeg

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by AntiBMC(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2021
For once, Ohaneze be making a little sense.

Secession is what Igbos need. Nothing else matters until that happens.

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by jlinkd78(m): 7:39am On Oct 28, 2021
O set go. They thought Nnamdi Kanu was alone

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by lloydtruth: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2021
Once South East exits, that is when you'll realize that most people want to exit as well, just that they are too cowardly to speak up now.

slim75d:
south south is the reason for biafra agitation south east can not leave nigeria without ss thats is why remains a mirage because we're not inclined towards it

It's unfortunate that some people still shout this South South thing, what is south south, who are the south south, who needs south south in the new Nation, and between the so-called south south and south east who needs the other?

Somebody from cross river (south-south) has more relationship with someone in Ebonyi (south east) than he has with someone in Edo (south south)

Somebody from akwa ibom (south-south) has more relationship with someone in Abia (south east) than he has with someone in bayelsa (south south)

Somebody from egbema, rivers state (south-south) has more relationship with someone in egbema/ohaji in imo state (south east) than he has with someone in bonny in the same river state (south south)

Somebody from anioma, delta (south-south) has more relationship with someone in onitsha, anambra (south east) than he has with someone in warri, delta same state (south south)

Ishekiri/urhobo do not see eye to eye with an ijaw man.
Esan do not roll well with Benin in the same Edo state.

In the event that Nigeria breaks and the Igbos decide to go with South East alone, I am just wondering what would be the fate of the so called south south, except for akwa ibom and cross river that can easily form akwa cross Nation, I pity the rest of the so-called south south.

265 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Millimann: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2021
You say they are not important to you. Oya let them go nau, Mba.

Edit: Some i.diots like Mexicanbreed, Naajjii and Jackson105 actually think actualization of Biafra means every Igbo person outside southeast must relocate to the east and leave their assets for them, but they have friends and family in other countries who are still Nigerians. Yeye hypocrites!

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by benuejosh: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2021
So this guys are actually waiting for people to talk on their behalves. This is serious!

Nigeria asked for Independence. If they need Independence, they should come and meet Buhari in Aso-Rock one on one and ask for it instead of sitting somewhere and saying we want this.

My major concern again is this, why didn't they do all of this during Jonathan's regime. This clearly pin point to the fact that they hate Buhari and every other Nigerians as far as I know. This even makes me to accurately assume that even the hike in the prices of commodity can not be far reached without the involvement of this people 90%. But we will bear it all together. United We Stand! ONE NIGERIA.

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by SRAROFDAVID: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Oh God let your will be done on your people, the desires of their heart shall come to pass amen

25 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by athaboi(f): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2021
This biafra is an igbo affair...FG is just pursuing ibop not knowing is igbo thing! Every single igbo man is aware of this

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by SlayerForever: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2021
We will leave this God forsaken country. Chukwu edego ya.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by gidgiddy: 7:56am On Oct 28, 2021
I thank the Northern Coalition for supporting the independence of us we Igbos

Hopefully, we can all one day stop this madness known as "one Nigeria"

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by flokii: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Millimann:
You say they are not important to you. Oya let them go nau, Mba.

Who is holding you back not to leave to your biafra?
Na your people dey carry their legs waka go North, South and West go live, nobody forced them. So stop the senseless talks of people holding you back, it's very annoying.

If you think you'll have biafra and still stay put in Nigeria for whatever reason, then you're joking.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by slim75d(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2021
south south is the reason for biafra agitation south east can not leave nigeria without ss thats is why remains a mirage because we're not inclined towards it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by benuejosh: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2021
athaboi:
This biafra is an igbo affair...FG is just pursuing ibop not knowing is igbo thing! Every single igbo man is aware of this
You mean the FG is pursuing what the whole Igbos support? you mean IPOB is Igbo thing?

3 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Yobabad: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2021
But why is it that Yoruba Muslims are the only people beging for unity, are they coursed?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by BigSarah(f): 8:11am On Oct 28, 2021
benuejosh:
So this guys are actually waiting for people to talk on their behalves. This is serious!

Nigeria asked for Independence. If they need Independence, they should come and meet Buhari in Aso-Rock one on one and ask for it instead of sitting somewhere and saying we want this.

My major concern again is this, why didn't they do all of this during Jonathan's regime. This clearly pin point to the fact that they hate Buhari and every other Nigerians as far as I know. This even makes me to accurately assume that even the hike in the prices of commodity can not be far reached without the involvement of this people 90%. But we will bear it all together. United We Stand! ONE NIGERIA.

You mean the SE are responsible for Buhari's and Osinbanjo Failed Economy?

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by BigSarah(f): 8:13am On Oct 28, 2021
athaboi:

False
IPOB is not an Igbo thing...

The Desire for An Independent Biafra that might be an Igbo Thing not IPOB....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Racoon(m): 8:23am On Oct 28, 2021
We are getting there.The economic, politico-military and geographical imbalance under the defective structure Nigeria is built upon is only a recipe for disaster.Nigeria will never survive what will befall it. The former USSR and many other were like this failed contraption called a nation.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Racoon(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2021
[s]
benuejosh:
.Nigeria asked for Independence. If they need Independence, they should come and meet Buhari in Aso-Rock one on one and ask for it instead of sitting somewhere and saying we want this.

My major concern again is this, why didn't they do all of this during Jonathan's regime. This clearly pin point to the fact that they hate Buhari and every other Nigerians as far as I know......United We Stand! ONE NIGERIA.
[/s]You own brand of zombiesm is legendary.A people need independence, should meet Buhari? So it is the terrorist that is advocating for a Sharia ruled nation governed by fellow terrorists that will give freedom?

The right to self assertion is a constitutional guaranteed right my friend.Even referendum is a constitutional right if a people become tired of a failed union and no more desire to continue especially in a setting like Nigeria.The fight to emancipate the region from this nonsense predate Jonathan.So shove your nonsense sentiment aside.

Late President Umaru Musa Yar'Addua was a Fulani from Kastina state who meant well and was well loved by most Nigerians during his stint as president but the highly bigoted, nepotic, clannish, oppressive and unapologetic ethno-religious supremacist fella from the same state came & polarised Nigeria within every imagine lines of divide.

Hence no sane humanity will want to remain in a useless entity like what Nigeria has become today under this wicked evil.Meanwhile here is the dullard advocating on our behalf without our consent to even help one jihadist country to emerge from a less fanatic one.

"President Muhammadu Buhari has thrown his weight behind the people of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, SADR, otherwise called Western Sahara, stating that Nigeria would ensure the realization of their self-determination and independence..(from Morocco)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/buhari-backs-western-sahara-on-self-determination-from-morocco/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by durangokid: 8:32am On Oct 28, 2021
flokii:

Na your people dey carry their legs waka go North, South and West go live, nobody forced them. So stop the senseless talks of people holding you back, it's very annoying.

If you think you'll have biafra and still stay put in Nigeria for whatever reason, they you're joking.
. The same way Nigerians enter Saudi Arabia , UK USA, Canada China , Japan to do businesses

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by durangokid: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2021
slim75d:
As in what? These people self, what is special about SS what do you think is SS or in SS

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2021
So the Igbo sociocultural group can't ask for Biafra by themselves.

They had to wait for the northern group to speak for them?

The least they could have done was support Kanu and helped guide him away from destructive tendencies.

Wasn't it the other day they said Igbos will leave only when they want to leave?

What's changed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Millimann: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2021
flokii:

If you think you'll have biafra and still stay put in Nigeria for whatever reason, they you're joking.

I know that an i.diot will come to talk nonsense and here comes one.

A lazy fo.ol that wants people to first abandon their self acquired assets and go back to their land of origin so that he will take over their assets.

A mu.mu that has not reasoned that Nigerians living in US, UK and Canada are still Nigerians.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Yobabad:
But is it that Yoruba Muslims are the only people beging for unity, are they coursed?

Go to school, you said no. See now?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by buckeyemedia: 8:45am On Oct 28, 2021
AntiBMC:
For once, Ohaneze be making a little sense.

Secession is what Igbos need. Nothing else matters until that happens.
Secession today, presidency tomorrow? No wonder Nigerians don’t take these people seriously. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by buckeyemedia: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2021
Millimann:

I know that an i.diot will come to talk nonsense and here comes one.

A lazy fo.ol that wants people to first abandon their self acquired assets and go back to their land of origin so that he will take over their assets.

A mu.mu that has not reasoned that Nigerians living in US, UK and Canada are still Nigerians.
They have residential permits, ipobians cannot own property in the Federal Republic of Nigeria unless you have a residential permit, so automatically Biafrans will lose their properties, then have to come back with new proper verification from Abuja to make a claim on any stocks, bonds, properties etc. We know that it is people like you that have nothing no property anywhere in the world to call their own are the people imagining an illusion called Biafra?

5 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Millimann: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2021
durangokid:
. The same way Nigerians enter Saudi Arabia , UK USA, Canada China , Japan to do businesses

Don't mind that flokii guy. He's a known f.ool.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2021
I didn't see this coming.

This is a total volte-face by Ohaneze.

A good one.

11 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Aguiyi1020: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2021
Mystic216:
They should do this fast abeg

My feets are Tingling.... My body is starting to vibrate.... BIAFRA is coming. I can feel it. I am so excited � right now. Pls pls pls Biafra come. I want to go Home. When shall I see my Home HooOooOMe.... When shall I see my Native Land(BIAFRA)... I WILL NEeeVER FORGET MY HOME. (on repeat in my head right now)

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by buckeyemedia: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2021
durangokid:
Who will give you visa or working permit to enter Zoo Nigeria? Please stay in your country & do your business there, or go to Cameroon & transact with them, we don’t need you in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki: When I Become President, All My Ministers Of State Will Be Under 35 / Boko Haram Stalls Prisoner Swap With Abducted Chibok Girls / Osinbajo Is Not A Betrayer - Segun Dada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.